After the Decision 2.0

"M-Most stacked team of all time"

Didnt know LeBron makes every team stacked :applause: :applause:

SavageMode
08-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Lebron already Top 5.

Nowitness
08-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Any team with Mike Miller or Ray Allen, also known as legacy savers, is stacked. Le2/5 should count his blessings. And adding another 25/10 player who will become a spot-up shooter too? :eek:

Mrofir
08-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Cavs were going to be better this year no matter what by adding Wiggins and getting 1 year older with their young core. They would have been a .500 team this year.

Now it looks like they will get K Love, who is a top 10 player.

Add the best player in the league, and a top 10 player, to any .500 team in the history of the nba, and you have a stacked team. It is what it is. I could see them getting out of the east but I don't think they will win a championship this year, for what it's worth.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Man people on here must really think LeBron is the GOAT. If he can turn a 33 win team into the most stacked team of all time, that means they think he's at least Jordan tier, if not higher

I'm proud of you today, ISH :bowdown:

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Cavs surpass the 2011-2014 Heat as the most stacked team of all-time once they get K-Love.

It's not even close.

Mrofir
08-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Let's try this -- add the best player in the league and a top 10 player to a .500 team and see what happens

1993 Indiana Pacers, 41-41, + MJ and Scottie

MJ
Reggie Miller
Scottie Pippen
Detlef Schrempf
Rik Smits

Dale Davis
Pooh Richardson
etc

mmmhmmm....

Again -- 2001 Milwakee Bucks, 41-41, + Shaq and Kobe

Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen
Glenn Robinson
Anthony Mason
Shaq

Michael Redd
Sam Cassell
Tim Thomas
etc

mmhmm

Soundwave
08-03-2014, 03:55 PM
I give this thread 2/6.

Soundwave
08-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Let's try this -- add the best player in the league and a top 10 player to a .500 team and see what happens

MJ
Reggie Miller
Scottie Pippen
Detlef Schrempf
Rik Smits

Dale Davis
Pooh Richardson
etc

mmmhmmm....

Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen
Glenn Robinson
Anthony Mason
Shaq

Michael Redd
Sam Cassell
Tim Thomas
etc

mmhmm

OP is a 12 year old retard who probably won't be able to make sense of that but good post.

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Lebron
Irving
Love
Waiters
Thompson
Varejao

This is not even close, most stacked team in NBA by far. There is no excuse for the team to not win this year unless we are to admit that Lebron is just not that great of a player.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:57 PM

MJ
Reggie Miller
Scottie Pippen
Detlef Schrempf
Rik Smits

Dale Davis
Pooh Richardson
etc

mmmhmmm....

Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen
Glenn Robinson
Anthony Mason
Shaq

Michael Redd
Sam Cassell
Tim Thomas
etc

mmhmm
Cavs are a 33 win team, not .500

And they have no playoff experience, along w/ KLove

Pippen/Jordan/Shaq/Kobe all have plenty of playoff experience

Roundball_Rock
08-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Man people on here must really think LeBron is the GOAT. If he can turn a 33 win team into the most stacked team of all time, that means they think he's at least Jordan tier, if not higher

I'm proud of you today, ISH :bowdown:

That amusingly is what his biggest detractors are unwittlingly implying:

Cleveland: goes from 33 wins to stacked and the favorites with LeBron and a 19 year old.

Miami: was the most stacked team of all-time with LeBron, loses LeBron but replaces him with an all-star SF but are now a mid-pack team in the worst conference of all-time.

All this implies a level of impact that rivals that of any player in history--and this is what LeBron's haters say. :roll: These individuals also expect LeBron to win the title every year, something only Russell could do. LeBron's haters hate him so much they fail to even realize what they are saying.

They were stacked; they just were not as stacked as people made them out to be. There were teams in their own era who were similarly or more stacked (LAC, OKC) yet people acted as if they were stacked to a historically unprecedented level.

I<3NBA
08-03-2014, 03:58 PM
so every team Lebron joins becomes the most stacked team of all time. i get it. this is a joke.

Mrofir
08-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Cavs are a 33 win team, not .500

And they have no playoff experience, along w/ KLove

Pippen/Jordan/Shaq/Kobe all have plenty of playoff experience

I was implying that Cleveland would have been a .500 team this year without Lebron, which I believe to be true

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:59 PM
That amusingly is what his biggest detractors are unwittlingly implying:

Cleveland: goes from 33 wins to stacked and the favorites with LeBron and a 19 year old.

Miami: was the most stacked team of all-time with LeBron, loses LeBron but replaces him with an all-star SF but are now a mid-pack team in the worst conference of all-time.

All this implies a level of impact that rivals that of any player in history--and this is what LeBron's haters say. :roll: These individuals also expect LeBron to win the title every year, something only Russell could do. LeBron's haters hate him so much they fail to even realize what they are saying.
Yep. Don't forget too that the same people are the ones who say KLove is overrated, a choker, and will never make the playoffs.

They're basically saying that LeBron can turn a 33 win team and a guy who is cursed into the best team of all time.

True GOAT status right there :bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:00 PM
I was implying that Cleveland would have been a .500 team this year without Lebron, which I believe to be true
With KLove? I suppose

It's still pretty unfair to compare KLove to guys like Pippen/Jordan/Shaq/Kobe... You cant deny that

Mrofir
08-03-2014, 04:02 PM
by the way I would never bother to say this team is the "most stacked" of all time or anything preposterous like that.

History shows us that "stacked" is a quality attributed to a team on paper, the greatest teams prove their worth on the court. Some of those teams were stacked, and others, like the 2014 Spurs, were only considered stacked after the fact of the championship.

In the East, the cavs will be stacked -- to me that means that on paper they are favorites to come out of the conference. However, I personally think a healthy Bulls team that has Gasol on a mission can beat this Cavs team, and I'd like the Bulls chances better against the west in the finals.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:05 PM
by the way I would never bother to say this team is the "most stacked" of all time or anything preposterous like that.

History shows us that "stacked" is a quality attributed to a team on paper, the greatest teams prove their worth on the court. Some of those teams were stacked, and others, like the 2014 Spurs, were only considered stacked after the fact of the championship.

In the East, the cavs will be stacked -- to me that means that on paper they are favorites to come out of the conference. However, I personally think a healthy Bulls team that has Gasol on a mission can beat this Cavs team, and I'd like the Bulls chances better against the west in the finals.
Cavs might not even be top 3 teams in the league

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Bulls/Cavs (depending on Rose's health)

The term stacked is so overused that there are 3-4 teams in the league who can be considered stacked. It's such a pointless term/word that people cling onto for their agendas.

Roundball_Rock
08-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Yep. Don't forget too that the same people are the ones who say KLove is overrated, a choker, and will never make the playoffs.

They're basically saying that LeBron can turn a 33 win team and a guy who is cursed into the best team of all time.

True GOAT status right there

:lol true. Playing with LeBron is great for your reputation. Remember how many moons ago Bosh and Wade were considered superstars? I remember it as if it was a month or so go. Now they aren't even considered top 20 players. Love is seeing the opposite occur just by it being suggested that he may play with LeBron. Imagine if he gets on the court with LeBron.

I agree the Cavs are behind the Bulls and were comparable to the Pacers before George went down. How about the Heat? How can a team with 2 superstars lose a player, replaced him with a 2x all-star and shore up weaknesses (bench and PG) and not still be contenders? The Bulls lost MJ and remained contenders despite replacing him with a scrub; surely the Heat can do so too after getting a 29 year old SF who was an all-star in 2012 and 2013? The Raptors and Wizards will be in the mix too.

The term stacked is so overused that there are 3-4 teams in the league who can be considered stacked. It's such a pointless term/word that people cling onto for their agendas.

The Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, Bulls and arguably also the Rockets, Blazers, Dallas and Heat are more talented than the current Cavs.

Mrofir
08-03-2014, 04:10 PM
With KLove? I suppose

It's still pretty unfair to compare KLove to guys like Pippen/Jordan/Shaq/Kobe... You cant deny that

without Klove and with Wiggins I think they'd have won 38-44 games this coming season. I think adding wiggins alone would have been worth 5 wins and that doesn't take into account any further development elsewhere on the roster. Of course whole situation is complicated by the fact wiggins wont be in Cleveland next year most likely, but hypotheticals are always imperfect. I think basically Lebron and Love are joining a .500 caliber team. If you want to split hairs you could say they are joining a .450 caliber team.

As far as comparing Kevin Love to 1993 Pippen or 2001 Kobe in terms of impact you're still probably right that it's not a fair comparison, but I never meant to compare him to MJ or prime Shaq. Those were supposed to be the "best player in the league" part of the equation. Still, I think Love is a top 10 player in the league and if he can't compare to past top 10 players that might be reflective of the transitional period the NBA is in at the moment.

It will be very interesting to see what he does with a real opportunity to win. I personally think he is a diva and this experiment won't work as well as the Heatles. If I was Cleveland I'd stick with Wiggins, I really would. I think either way you win 1-2 championships best case scenario, but with Wiggins you might have a superstar to take care of your future.

Mrofir
08-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Cavs might not even be top 3 teams in the league

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Bulls/Cavs (depending on Rose's health)

totally agree with everything in this post. I would just point out though that the only other eastern conference team you mentioned is the Bulls. And despite not playing together I think the Cavs are more of a sure thing than the Bulls. Still a lot of question marks with that team..

If I had to put down money on an eastern conference team to win a championship this year, it would be the Bulls -- high ceiling but lots of ???

But if I had to bet on an eastern conference team to win 52+ games this year, it would be the Cavs all day.

Roundball_Rock
08-03-2014, 04:24 PM
The Cavs with Love would be formidable. You would have the best player, another top 10 player and a third top 20 player. Still, LeBron haters are acting as if that would be unprecedented. The Thunder arguably have the 2nd best and 3rd best players in the league along with a third top 20 player who is a dominant interior defender. The Rockets have two top 10 players and Howard has top 3-5 potential if he can return to form. The Clippers have arguably the 3rd and 4th best players in the league plus several other good players in Jordan, Crawford and Reddick. Chicago and the Spurs are very deep. The Heat have two superstars and a third all-star. Portland and Dallas also are very talented. So why are people (not you--you are reasonable) acting as if LeBron+Love=domination?

If people assume that LeBron plus any other top 10 player and a third top 20 player=domination they are implying GOAT caliber play on LeBron's part. No one expects the same from Durant or Paul despite them being on superior teams to what LeBron has had.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:26 PM
The Cavs with Love would be formidable. You would have the best player, another top 10 player and a third top 20 player. Still, people are acting as if that would be unprecedented. The Thunder arguably have the 2nd best and 3rd best players in the league along with a third top 20 player who is a dominant interior defender. The Rockets have two top 10 players and Howard has top 3-5 potential if he can return to form. The Clippers have arguably the 3rd and 4th best players in the league plus several other good players in Jordan, Crawford and Reddick. Chicago and the Spurs are very deep. The Heat have two superstars and a third all-star. Portland and Dallas also are very talented. So why are people (not you--you are reasonable) acting as if LeBron+Love=domination?
:lol

Let's see your list of the Top 20 players.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 04:30 PM
:lol

Let's see your list of the Top 20 players.

Ibaka has a better claim to top 20 than Wade or Bosh :applause:

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Top 20 might be a stretch, but he put up 16/10/3 in the playoffs. He has a case. He's definitely top 10 PF no questions asked

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Ibaka has a better claim to top 20 than Wade or Bosh :applause:
A healthy Wade is actually a Top 5 player, IMO.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 04:37 PM

whats your point? :hammerhead:

when was wade top 5 the last 3 years?

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:38 PM
whats your point? :hammerhead:

when was wade top 5 the last 3 years?
Whenever he was healthy, which he wasn't for the majority of the past few years. :hammerhead:

dubeta
08-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Whenever he was healthy, which he wasn't for the majority of the past few years. :hammerhead:

so ur point is irrelevant then isnt it

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:45 PM
so ur point is irrelevant then isnt it
Not really. :confusedshrug:

nzahir
08-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Lebron
Irving
Love
Waiters
Thompson
Varejao

This is not even close, most stacked team in NBA by far. There is no excuse for the team to not win this year unless we are to admit that Lebron is just not that great of a player.
I guess defense doesnt matter anymore

Roundball_Rock
08-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Top 20 might be a stretch, but he put up 16/10/3 in the playoffs. He has a case. He's definitely top 10 PF no questions asked

I value defense. Ibaka is a dominant defender. Look at how pathetic OKC looked without him...even if he isn't top 20 he is an excellent player to have as your third best player given the important role he plays. A team with two great perimeter players is better off having a dominant interior defender like Ibaka than having a "stretch 4" like Bosh as its third best player. That is why Miami was worse in the court than on paper. Its two perimeter players were redundant in many ways and its third best player was just another scorer. They weren't complementary to each other like the Clippers' top players are. They have a great playmaker in Paul, a great scorer and rebounder at PF, a great defender and rebounder at C, a great spark off the bench in Crawford and a great outside shooter in Reddick. That is a truly stacked and balanced team which also has a great coach (LeBron has never had a great coach and the Cavs' new coach has no NBA experience or record. He may be great or a complete bust).

Yeah, so with Wade, Bosh and Deng the Heat should be right in the mix contending to win the East even without LeBron. :rockon:

Fudge
08-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, so with Wade, Bosh and Deng the Heat should be right in the mix contending to win the East even without LeBron. :rockon:
They actually should be. Along with the Cavs and Bulls.