PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins

Cocaine80s
08-04-2014, 05:28 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/03/demarcus-cousins-visibly-shaken-by-news-mason-plumlee-may-beat-him-out-of-spot-on-usa-basketball-roster/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
At this point, Cousins’ friend Andrew Rogers joins us and displays tweets from ESPN and other news outlets indicating that Colangelo and Krzyzewski favored Plumlee over Cousins. My sources suggested that the competition among Cousins, Drummond and Plumlee remained wide open and that Friday’s scrimmage and ensuing exhibitions would be crucial. Yet when he saw the tweets, Cousins appeared visibly shaken.

Q: Have you heard anything about your chances?

A: Nothing. They don’t really tell us much. I saw Coach K in the elevator, but we just chatted.

Q: How disappointed would you be if you don’t make the team?

A: I would be crushed. Everyone knows how much I want to do this. This is my third year here (two with Select Team), and I don’t run from any challenge. I would be crushed, but I’m not a quitter. I would come back and try again.

plumlee didnt look all that good at the scrimmage. Cousins had 11/11. he better make it this year :mad:

East_Stone_Ya
08-04-2014, 05:32 AM
just wait..he will be selected though

Fudge
08-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Hahahaha good. Immature prick. Told you that crybaby attitude ain't gonna get him anywhere.

dubeta
08-04-2014, 05:41 AM
would probably go on a rampage if he didnt make the team. I'd hate to live in the same neighbourhood

Brook(lyn)Lopez
08-04-2014, 05:45 AM
Damn Plumlee be living in DMC's head rent free, ya know?

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Would be pretty sad if he doesn't make it...Plumlee doesnt do a single thing better than him on the court..

TheMilkyBarKid
08-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Boogie is too good not to be selected

masonanddixon
08-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Would be pretty sad if he doesn't make it...Plumlee doesnt do a single thing better than him on the court..

Defense, athleticism, shot blocking

JtotheIzzo
08-04-2014, 06:00 AM
If I am Cousins, I would file with the ACLU if Plumlee is taken over me.

Seriously.

Lebron23
08-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Boogie is too good not to be selected

This current USA team needs some low post scorers. If Durant is not playing for this team. They are basically just another version of the 2002 Team USA.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/team/p/sid/3118/tid/379/_/2002_World_Championship_for_Men/index.html

JohnMax
08-04-2014, 06:04 AM
DeMarcus Cousins Refuses to Shake J.J. Redick's Hand

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197zg6olcldlkgif/ku-medium.gif

Did the Same Thing Against Chris Paul

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/eja0Ur7.gif

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 06:13 AM
I don't understand why you wouldn't take him. Could be useful against the Gasol brothers.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Defense, athleticism, shot blocking
No to the first...and Plumlee is averaging 1.6 blocks per 36 to 1.4 for Cousins...and blocks tend to be a diminishing returns thing...so no to...as far as being more athletic - that really doesn't show up anywhere...cousins is better at: defense, rebounding, scoring, passing, stealing, and on par at rim protecting

theaussieguy
08-04-2014, 06:15 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/eja0Ur7.gif

people think this is admirable behaviour when in reality its one grown man forcing another grown man to do something he has no right to enforce. ****ing pathetic.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 06:16 AM
people think this is admirable behaviour when in reality its one grown man forcing another grown man to do something he has no right to enforce. ****ing pathetic.
Agreed that was definitely lame..

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 06:17 AM
I agree. **** Chris Paul though

andremiller07
08-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Demarcus Cousins sphincter has more talent than all the 3 Plumlee brothers combined.

T_L_P
08-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Teams aren't just composed of the best players. Plumlee is without doubt a better defender, which is what this team needs. Taking him over DMC isn't some kind of crime.

That said, there is a clear Duke bias (Mason went to Duke, right)?

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Teams aren't just composed of the best players. Plumlee is without doubt a better defender, which is what this team needs. Taking him over DMC isn't some kind of crime.

That said, there is a clear Duke bias (Mason went to Duke, right)?
no he isnt...

T_L_P
08-04-2014, 06:38 AM
no he isnt...

He really is. I don't know how many Kings games you watched last year, but Cousins was a telephone pole all season. Plumlee, like most role player bigs, played good man defense and had solid rotations.

Now, I'm not sure how DMC has looked playing for Team USA, so if it's any different then I can see an argument, but Mason brings what is needed to this team, which is filling a role -- something a star player like Cousins may not be comfortable doing.

Here is Coach K:

"In DeMarcus' case, the style we play lends itself to what Anthony does, or even what a Plumlee is doing," Krzyzewski said. "A little bit of Drummond (also), because Detroit, what they do, is they put he and (guard Will) Bynum in the game and all they do is pick and roll. DeMarcus' game is different, so he has an adjustment to make and he's trying to make it."

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Cousins would be great to play with Davis. Drummond is getting hacked as soon as he goes out there

Rocketswin2013
08-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Is boogie good in PNR's? Regardless he should make it. Coach K screwing him because of "fit" is absurd. :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Is boogie good in PNR's? Regardless he should make it. Coach K screwing him because of "fit" is absurd. :oldlol:
Well he can shoot and roll to the basket. He just never had a PG capable of running PnR

T_L_P
08-04-2014, 06:47 AM

I'd like to know this. I only watched about 6-7 Kings games and I didn't notice much of it. Their style of play tends to be letting DMC get the ball and he goes to work, which might be a problem for Team USA -- he hasn't ever played in a real system, and it can be tough to adjust.

CeltsGarlic
08-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Cousins is one of my fav players. Dude is awesome.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 07:11 AM
He really is. I don't know how many Kings games you watched last year, but Cousins was a telephone pole all season. Plumlee, like most role player bigs, played good man defense and had solid rotations.

I watched about 7-8 full games....parts of a bunch of others...and no boogie is not a telephone pole on defense...he's decent...and Plumlee is overrated...he'sa an average backup center that's it...on/off stats, rapm, and even the raw bpg/spg(cousins is great at getting steals for a center) all strongly support Cousins being far better on defense than Plumlee..

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
I watched about 7-8 full games....parts of a bunch of others...and no boogie is not a telephone pole on defense...he's decent...and Plumlee is overrated...he'sa an average backup center that's it...on/off stats, rapm, and even the raw bpg/spg(cousins is great at getting steals for a center) all strongly support Cousins being far better on defense than Plumlee..
Thank you. Cousins averages more blocks than Plumlee as well

andremiller07
08-04-2014, 07:47 AM

Now, I'm not sure how DMC has looked playing for Team USA, so if it's any different then I can see an argument, but Mason brings what is needed to this team, which is filling a role -- something a star player like Cousins may not be comfortable doing.

Here is Coach K:

"In DeMarcus' case, the style we play lends itself to what Anthony does, or even what a Plumlee is doing," Krzyzewski said. "A little bit of Drummond (also), because Detroit, what they do, is they put he and (guard Will) Bynum in the game and all they do is pick and roll. DeMarcus' game is different, so he has an adjustment to make and he's trying to make it."
Cousins has to put up 20+ ppg and rebound the ball like a mad man, Plumlee can go out there and just play hard cause he sucks at everything, Plumelee in the post against the Gasol's could not do a better job than Cousins, I watched all 82 games of the Kings for liek the past 5 years, Cousins plays post D fairly well and causes more turnovers than Plumlee.

Plumelee tries harder on defence but Cousins is a far more talented defender. Literally every single stat favors Cousins not to mention other than Pekovic no one can move him in the post, Plumelee does get bullied by big strong guys I mean he was getting shat on by Big Val for sod sakes.

HomieWeMajor
08-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Team USA gotta sell jerseys in Wisconsin doe.

HomieWeMajor
08-04-2014, 09:01 AM
There's one thing he does better than DMC that matters to Coach KKK and the Team USA sponsors. I'll leave you to figure it out.

Cocaine80s
08-04-2014, 09:03 AM
I still dont even know why Miles Plumlee didnt make it over Marshall. I thought he was the better brother?

hawkfan
08-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I don't understand why you wouldn't take him. Could be useful against the Gasol brothers.

Attitude, not talent.
Same thing with Josh Smith.

Jailblazers7
08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I don't get why it is Mason and not Miles Plumlee fighting for a spot. It does piss me off to see some clear Duke bias going on for pretty much no reason. Mason doesn't really bring anything unique to the table other than he is athletic and tries hard for the 5 mins he is likely to be on the court. What exactly does he do that Faried can't do? Or Millsap? Boogie

noob cake
08-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I don't get why it is Mason and not Miles Plumlee fighting for a spot. It does piss me off to see some clear Duke bias going on for pretty much no reason. Mason doesn't really bring anything unique to the table other than he is athletic and tries hard for the 5 mins he is likely to be on the court. What exactly does he do that Faried can't do? Or Millsap? Boogie

He is way bigger than Faried and Millsap (6'6" and 6'6.25" without shoes). Millsap and Faried are undersized 4's.

Yes, he is bigger than Cousins and way more athletic. Mason is 6'11.25" without shoes with a 36" vertical, which more than Cousins' 6'9.5" with 27.5" vertical.

Mason knows how to set those screens that Coach K loves. With a lineup with Curry, Klay, Korver, Irving, Durant, you want all the screens you need. He plays very decent team defense and won't choke a player, punch a wall or refuse to shake hands with the opposing team.

HurricaneKid
08-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Team USA gotta sell jerseys in Wisconsin doe.

As one of the 6 people in this state let me tell you none of us are likely to buy a Mason Plumlee USA jersey. The only people I can envision buying such a jersey are would be terrorists who can show, by simply wearing said article of clothing, that America is fading.

andremiller07
08-04-2014, 10:01 AM
He is way bigger than Faried and Millsap (6'6" and 6'6.25" without shoes). Millsap and Faried are undersized 4's.

Yes, he is bigger than Cousins and way more athletic. Mason is 6'11.25" without shoes with a 36" vertical, which more than Cousins' 6'9.5" with 27.5" vertical.

Mason knows how to set those screens that Coach K loves. With a lineup with Curry, Klay, Korver, Irving, Durant, you want all the screens you need. He plays very decent team defense and won't choke a player, punch a wall or refuse to shake hands with the opposing team.
:facepalm

Plumelee wingspan 6'11 Cousins nearly 7'6 and Cousins is way bulker and stronger, Mason's 36 inch vertical won't help him getting raped by the Gasol brothers any way they want and they just saving energy by not even playing on him.

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 10:03 AM

Cousins is 6,11

Jailblazers7
08-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Millsap is def smaller but according to DraftExpress:

Wingspan:
Plumlee - 6'11"
Faried - 7'0"
Cousins - 7' 5.75"

Standing Reach:
Plumlee - 9'0"
Faried - 9'0"
Cousins - 9'5"

But hey the guy is tall without shoes. Maybe we can change the rules so basketball is played barefoot. And Plumlee's measured vert is a whole 1" higher than Faried's. Faried is a much better rebounder and is just as active defensively. Faried is a good screener and knows how to work off the ball. Plumlee is a better positional defender than Faried but that's about it. Boogie presents a definitive skill advantage that can't be replicated by anyone on the USA national team roster.

Millsap is just a flat out better player, especially offensively where his game is basically tailor made for an international small ball line-up.

But let's act like the guy is a homicidal serial killer so we can justify why K wants to give an underqualified Duke guy the nod.

niko
08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
The thing with Cousins is if you don't choose him, what exactly does that say about the process? Why bother going every year?

Jailblazers7
08-04-2014, 10:26 AM
The thing with Cousins is if you don't choose him, what exactly does that say about the process? Why bother going every year?

Yeah, I thought they were trying to reward players who have put in the time and showed loyalty to the program. Guess that only applies if you didn't go to Duke. :confusedshrug:

niko
08-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I thought they were trying to reward players who have put in the time and showed loyalty to the program. Guess that only applies if you didn't go to Duke. :confusedshrug:
Plumlee is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. Against Miami he was so lost he got benched for most of the 4th and all of the 5th game. He's a marginal one on one defender, and you don't need to cover him on offense. He's a nice energy big on a team with already good starters. He's not one of the two/three best american bigs in the NBA.

He's worth a few huge highlights a game but his overall game is very lacking.

JohnFreeman
08-04-2014, 10:39 AM
How are they going to use Drummond? Teams will hack him every play if they can

noob cake
08-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Cousins is 6,11

Listed as 6'11". Go check his pre-draft measurements

hawksdogsbraves
08-04-2014, 11:04 AM
He'll make the team, and frankly we will probably need a little bit of his attitude for when the going gets a little rough.

Boogie is 5x the player Plumlee is, if Coach K puts his Duke guy on the squad ahead of a clearly more talented player in Cousins, I'm going to have some pretty serious doubts about this team and its leadership.

GimmeThat
08-04-2014, 11:40 AM
that's one way to put the USA coaching staff reputation on the line

Mason Plumlee over DeMarcus Cousins

meh.

I<3NBA
08-04-2014, 03:49 PM
i would pay someone to punch Coach K in the face if Plumlee is picked over Cousins.

in the limited minutes Cousins had, he made a double-double. that's better than what Plumlee did.

Levity
08-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Cousins will make the team.

Timmy D for MVP
08-04-2014, 04:38 PM
If he doesn't make it I wouldn't blame him for being pissed.

He's better than Plumlee. This is the 3rd time it'd happen.

The ONLY think I can think of that would make any sense is if they think Cousins would pick up a ton of fouls in the international game. But he won't be logging a ton of minutes anyway so...

If that happens I'll be making sure to watch that matchup during the season.

hawksdogsbraves
08-04-2014, 04:42 PM
If he doesn't make it I wouldn't blame him for being pissed.

He's better than Plumlee. This is the 3rd time it'd happen.

The ONLY think I can think of that would make any sense is if they think Cousins would pick up a ton of fouls in the international game. But he won't be logging a ton of minutes anyway so...

If that happens I'll be making sure to watch that matchup during the season.

Cousins would go for 45/20 on Plumlee :oldlol: