PDA

View Full Version : Windhorst: Cavs/Wolves have handshake agreement in place

D-Rose
08-04-2014, 07:25 PM
"The deal is done, but not done. The teams have agreed but they can't say they have agreed and they can't agree because they're in this weird moratorium period because you can't trade Andrew Wiggins until the 23rd of this month. So between now and then which is, what, 19 days? Could some event happen? Could a team come in with a trade that maybe they necessary doesn't see? Yes that could happen. Therefore it's not done.

But before the papers have been signed, there's this handshake agreement that: Kevin Love to the Cavs, Andrew Wiggins to the Timberwolves, and I believe Thaddeus Young will end up in Minnesota, either as part of a separate deal or as part of a three-way deal, possibly Anthony Bennett who's on the Cavs right now could get re-routed to Philadelphia in part of a deal for Thaddeus Young. There will be draft picks involved, but essentially what you need to know if you're an NBA fan: Kevin Love will end up in Cleveland barring anything unforeseen, and Andrew Wiggins will end up in Minnesota."

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/8/4/5968877/report-76ers-involved-in-love-wiggins-trade-anthony-bennett

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11308433 (Windhorst on Radio...it's towards the end)

Cocaine80s
08-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Hope Dieng comes to Cleveland as well

Also is Martin being traded somewhere too? Lavine needs to start

Nash
08-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Cavs should keep Bennett. Give Philly some of those picks they love

Magic731
08-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Wolves need to keep Dieng. Lavine/Wiggins/Dieng will make the Wolves an exciting team.

hawkfan
08-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Hope Dieng comes to Cleveland as well

Also is Martin being traded somewhere too? Lavine needs to start

Martin to Hawks for Patterson.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-04-2014, 07:44 PM
What's Philly going to do with all those bigs? Bennett is a longterm 4, no?

Bobcats2013
08-04-2014, 07:45 PM

Hold a garage sale.

IncarceratedBob
Cavs getting ripped off.

Great deal for Minnesota, the next elite perimeter player ala LBJ, Kobe for a stat accumulator with no real skill. Laughable trade for the Cavs

Magic731
I guess they can give him full minutes at the 4 this season to see if he is going to come close to living up to his number 1 draft pick. Nothing to lose really.

Levity
08-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Whats up with the weird buttcrush Minny has on Young?

Meticode
08-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Cavs should keep Bennett. Give Philly some of those picks they love
I'm fine with Bennett being traded. He's not going to blossom in Cleveland anyway.

IncarceratedBob
08-04-2014, 07:51 PM
If Wiggibs becomes half as good a player as those two I'd be shocked, in fact I'm confident enough to say that Wiggins will never be a better player than Anthony Davis
Are you stupid or something? Anthony Davis is twice the player Love is and he's not even sniffing his prime.

Wiggins by next year will be a 23/6/5 player on solid numbers with peak artest level defense. He has all the raw skills that he needs to be an all time great and a great head on his shoulders.

Meticode
08-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Flip Saunders.

Purch
08-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Are you stupid or something? Anthony Davis is twice the player Love is and he's not even sniffing his prime.

Wiggins by next year will be a 23/6/5 player on solid numbers with peak artest level defense. He has all the raw skills that he needs to be an all time great and a great head on his shoulders.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yess that raw ball handling, raw aggressiveness, inconsistency, and raw playmaking ability sure are signs of Wiggins upcoming dominance :bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
08-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm fine with Bennett being traded. He's not going to blossom in Cleveland anyway.
It would actually be an excellent situation for him. He's only 21 for god's sake. Whatever happened to slowly grooming a player. It'd be pretty nice to have Bennett in our back pocket for when Love is in his 30s and AB is just getting into his prime. That's exactly the kind of franchise you want to build.

Meticode
08-04-2014, 08:17 PM
It would actually be an excellent situation for him. He's only 21 for god's sake. Whatever happened to slowly grooming a player. It'd be pretty nice to have Bennett in our back pocket for when Love is in his 30s and AB is just getting into his prime. That's exactly the kind of franchise you want to build.
So much stuff can happen in 5+ years if that were to happen. You don't need a player in your back pocket that's been coming off the bench for 5+ years in Anthony Bennett. He's not going to be a awesome player if you bench him for 5 years being back-up to a player in Love.

Cocaine80s
08-04-2014, 08:18 PM
I dont trust most of these canadians because they are loyal as **** to their country. they will bolt to Toronto asap if theyre not 100% happy where they are

Meticode
08-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I dont trust most of these canadians because they are loyal as **** to their country. they will bolt to Toronto asap if theyre not 100% happy where they are
Like Steve Nash?

Cocaine80s
08-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Like Steve Nash?
He was happy in Dallas and then the Suns.when he went to the Lakers he was expecting a stacked team

SupermanOnSteroids
08-04-2014, 08:21 PM
LeStacked

Meticode
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
He was happy in Dallas and then the Suns.when he went to the Lakers he was expecting a stacked team
So yes?

Cocaine80s
08-04-2014, 08:27 PM
So yes?
:hammertime:

secund2nun
08-04-2014, 08:28 PM

Wiggins sucks and will bust. He is the most overrated prospect in NBA history. He was mediocre in college, has huge holes in his game, blah in HS as well. He is pure hype.

DukeDelonte13
08-04-2014, 08:28 PM
It's a good trade for both sides if true. Similar levels of risk and reward for both clubs. Both got what they wanted.

r0drig0lac
08-04-2014, 08:29 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/biggums.png

DukeDelonte13
08-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Wiggins sucks and will bust. He is the most overrated prospect in NBA history. He was mediocre in college, has huge holes in his game, blah in HS as well. He is pure hype.

He's going to be a very very good player. Excellent intangibles, he wants to be great. Loves playing D. He's not a chucker or feels like he has to score to impact the game positivley.

He may never become an A1 alpha dog, He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct, but he's going to be an excellent player for years to come if he stays healthy.

GOBB
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM
How does Thad fetch back Bennett and picks?? Wow, pretty sure they will eat a contract for this kind of haul. No way they get a steal like this. You kidding me?

I really don't believe this trade. Thad can opt out.

DukeDelonte13
08-04-2014, 08:35 PM
How does Thad fetch back Bennett and picks?? Wow, pretty sure they will eat a contract for this kind of haul. No way they get a steal like this. You kidding me?

Bennett isn't exactly a sure thing.. he still has quite a ways to go. He has the physical tools and skill set he just needs to develop his confidence and decision making.

Meticode
08-04-2014, 08:36 PM

http://www.xclusivetouch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/calm-down-lady.gif

HylianNightmare
08-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Poor Wiggins

D-FENS
08-04-2014, 08:42 PM

They're looking for a quick forward to pair with Pekovic. Young is a very good defender (underrated)

G-train
08-04-2014, 08:44 PM

It's made up. Windhorst has no idea what he is talking about.

KNOW1EDGE
08-04-2014, 08:44 PM
The Cavs are impatient.

You don't have to give up Wiggins to get Love.

secund2nun
08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
He's going to be a very very good player. Excellent intangibles, he wants to be great. Loves playing D. He's not a chucker or feels like he has to score to impact the game positivley.

He may never become an A1 alpha dog, He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct, but he's going to be an excellent player for years to come if he stays healthy.

The useless hype says he will be a very good player, but I'd be shocked if he ended up being a star, let alone superstar. He has a better chance at being a rich man's Corey Brewer than being a star imo. His best realistic case scenario is Paul George, and that is years away from happening if it even does....and Love is way better than PG ever will be.

Skillset and production says Wiggins is headed to a massive bust. Cleveland will make out like bandits when they trade the highly hyped Wiggins for Love, a player that Wiggins will never approach.

Wiggins can't handle the ball, he can't shoot well, he can't rebound well and even his defense, while good, has been overhyped to massive proportions (probably to make up for his apparent lack of production and the holes in his game).

Compare Wiggin's freshmen year's production to other NBA player's freshmen year production:

Wiggins: 17/6/1.5/1.2..........45/34/77
Durant: 26/11/1.5/2 ...........47/40/82
Melo: 22/10/2.....................45/34/71
Davis: 14/10.5/5/1.5/1.5....62% fg
Griffin: 15/10/2..................57% fg.
Love: 18/11/2....................56% fg
Curry: 22/5/3.....................46/41/86
CP3: 15/6/3/3..................50/46/84
Wade:18/7/4.5/2..............49/35/70
Duncan: 10/10/4/1..........45/75
Shaq: 14/12/2/1.5..........57%
Webber: 16/10/2/2........57%
Wall: 17/7/4/2..............46/33/75
Rose: 15/5/4.5/2.........48/34/71
Harden: 18/5/3/2.........52/41/75
Bosh: 16/9..................56/48/73
Cousins: 15/10/2........56
Marion: 19/9/3..........53/73

The list goes on and on.

The following players did not attend college, but would have had much better freshmen years had they attended college than Wiggins did:

Lebron
KG
Howard
Dirk
Kobe

Wiggin's year was by far the worst.

Adrenalynn
08-04-2014, 09:02 PM
The Cavs are impatient.

You don't have to give up Wiggins to get Love.

That's what I can't figure out, Love will leave Minny after this season anyways. Why not just wait till the trade deadline approaches and put Minny on the hot seat to get anything back in return. They could just pursue Love next off-season. Cavs might regret ever giving up Wiggins and Bennett.

Meticode
08-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Take the risk, screw it.

Ballin095
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
That's what I can't figure out, Love will leave Minny after this season anyways. Why not just wait till the trade deadline approaches and put Minny on the hot seat to get anything back in return. They could just pursue Love next off-season. Cavs might regret ever giving up Wiggins and Bennett.

All this. Seriously I really don't know what the hell Cleveland is doing.

D-Rose
08-04-2014, 09:11 PM
All this. Seriously I really don't know what the hell Cleveland is doing.
Someone else might make a deal, or Cleveland might prefer to go into training camp with the new additions rather than adjust so much at the beginning of the year and then again mid season.

Magic 32
08-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Cavs trading away their future for a guy who would leave them if the locker room had the wrong wallpaper.

Meticode
08-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Someone else might make a deal, or Cleveland might prefer to go into training camp with the new additions rather than adjust so much at the beginning of the year and then again mid season.
Or the off-chance that Flip Saunders has half a season to show Love the decisions he's making make the Wolves competitive. Thus, changing Love's mind.

I understand where people are coming from on being patient, but if you have a chance to gain a 26/12 player for your team that almost exactly needs that type of player, you take the risk and go for it.

dubeta
08-04-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm disappointed in wiggins tbh. Gets drafted by the cavs and has the chance to play with lebron, but first thing he does is force his way out to the Twolves so he can be the main star instead of lebrons sidekick.

Screams selfishness tbh

G-train
08-04-2014, 09:17 PM
The media can say all they want, the deal won't happen unless Love signs an extension that goes beyond Lebron's current commitment.

Which he will not do.

If would be truly moronic (beyond even the Cavs) to trade Wiggins and Bennett for Love without extension, which per above he won't sign with Cavs due to Lebron's deal.

If people think Love will bow to the Cavs and Lebron James 'demands', I think they underestimate his competitiveness.

G-train
08-04-2014, 09:18 PM
And no he won't sign a Lebron like deal, his injury history forbids it.

hawkfan
08-04-2014, 09:23 PM
How good is Young?

RedBlackAttack
08-04-2014, 09:29 PM
The media can say all they want, the deal won't happen unless Love signs an extension that goes beyond Lebron's current commitment.

Which he will not do.

If would be truly moronic (beyond even the Cavs) to trade Wiggins and Bennett for Love without extension, which per above he won't sign with Cavs due to Lebron's deal.

If people think Love will bow to the Cavs and Lebron James 'demands', I think they underestimate his competitiveness.
:rolleyes:

G-train
08-04-2014, 09:52 PM
:rolleyes:

History speaks for itself, and that would be the comeback so I dealt with it straight away.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Would Cavs prefer Brewer or Martin?

Akrazotile
08-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Cavs getting ripped off.

This

Akrazotile
08-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Would Cavs prefer Brewer or Martin?

Brewer

Angel Face
08-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Good for Wiggins, in Minnesota, he'll have more license to shoot. He will have better career averages in Minnesota than playing alongside Lebron. ROTY 2015 book it.

Grey Dawn
08-04-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm disappointed in wiggins tbh. Gets drafted by the cavs and has the chance to play with lebron, but first thing he does is force his way out to the Twolves so he can be the main star instead of lebrons sidekick.

Screams selfishness tbh

:facepalm :oldlol:

Grey Dawn
08-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Wiggins to Toronto in 3 years :D

04mzwach
08-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Dieng as sophomore of the year and Wiggins as rooke of the year.

JtotheIzzo
08-04-2014, 10:26 PM
I hard all you have to do is offer Brian Windhorst a 12" meatball sub and he will 'source' anything you want.

NattyPButter
08-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Then i'll laugh my ass off if Lebron got hurt or left in 2 years and Love left for Lakers. lying ass ***** wanted to play with the young guys but end up getting them traded away so he can play with star players.

TylerOO
08-04-2014, 10:38 PM
http://imgur.com/oRkl5.gif

FireMcFailPlease
08-04-2014, 10:59 PM

Screams selfishness tbh
:roll:

That is awesome..first time Ive ever read this scenario.

El Gato Negro
08-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Not good for wolves fans, windy has been dead wrong on everything cavs related he has reported since grant got fired. if windy is saying this good chance wiggins isn't going anywhere.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-04-2014, 11:31 PM
minnesota can dump martin/dieng on the lakers for nash/houston pick

KG215
08-04-2014, 11:59 PM

Screams selfishness tbh
:applause:

Now this is good trolling. Much better than the run of the mill, generic bullshit you usually post.

FireMcFailPlease
08-05-2014, 12:29 AM
minnesota can dump martin/dieng on the lakers for nash/houston pick
Why the hell would we dump Dieng for that a mid-late 20s pick for a player who doesnt have the upside as him?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Why the hell would we dump Dieng for that a mid-late 20s pick for a player who doesnt have the upside as him?

To get out of martin's 3 ur contract. Paul george say hi so does kawahi leonard

LBJFTW
08-05-2014, 12:41 AM

^ This is a spot on and I have no reason to believe that you are incorrect.

DMAVS41
08-05-2014, 12:44 AM
^ This is a spot on and I have no reason to believe that you are incorrect.

Well, that is a lot of speculation, but the potential for him to be crazy good is obviously there.

Which is exactly why the Cavs should only give up Wiggins, filler, and a pick (can turn the pick into Thad Young) for Love.

The Wolves getting Wiggins, Thad Young, like 5 million in cap relief, and the dumping of two contracts is just crazy good for Love.

Anything more just doesn't make sense.

triangleoffense
08-05-2014, 12:47 AM
Sorry can't take ESPN seriously anymore after "99% CHANCE THAT PHIL JACKSON COMES BACK TO LA"

GOBB
08-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Bennett isn't exactly a sure thing.. he still has quite a ways to go. He has the physical tools and skill set he just needs to develop his confidence and decision making.

True but I think he just fits what the sixers are trying to do. Add young talent, attempt to develop them and have options. Be it thru trade, keeping them etc. Young was going to bolt after the season and to get low risk high reward back in return I'm all for. I didn't think anyone was willing to give up much for Thad not because he's bad just because of his contract and his ability to opt out. Figured his value wasn't as good as I think it should be.

I just wanted a first rd pick for Thad and would've been happy. Bennett and potentially picks is fine with me even if that means eating a contract Minny doesn't want. As a sixers fan all I have forward to look too is young talent being coached up by Brett Brown. I'll take a chance on Bennett who wasn't as bad as he looked last season. There is something to work with.

Having said all that I don't buy this deal. Philly may be involved but not for the package rumored.

dunksby
08-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Sorry can't take ESPN seriously anymore after "99% CHANCE THAT PHIL JACKSON COMES BACK TO LA"
How about this?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314222

DukeDelonte13
08-05-2014, 07:10 AM

i agree they would never trade dieng in that scenario but i don't think dieng has much upside. He'll be a 25 year old second year player.

DMAVS41
08-05-2014, 07:11 AM
True but I think he just fits what the sixers are trying to do. Add young talent, attempt to develop them and have options. Be it thru trade, keeping them etc. Young was going to bolt after the season and to get low risk high reward back in return I'm all for. I didn't think anyone was willing to give up much for Thad not because he's bad just because of his contract and his ability to opt out. Figured his value wasn't as good as I think it should be.

I just wanted a first rd pick for Thad and would've been happy. Bennett and potentially picks is fine with me even if that means eating a contract Minny doesn't want. As a sixers fan all I have forward to look too is young talent being coached up by Brett Brown. I'll take a chance on Bennett who wasn't as bad as he looked last season. There is something to work with.

Having said all that I don't buy this deal. Philly may be involved but not for the package rumored.

Yea...I just can't imagine Philly is going to net Bennett and Barea or something similar for Thad Young.

If the Wolves get Young, I'd imagine it will be for Barea, Shved or Brewer...and the Memphis pick from the Cavs.

That is a good trade for both teams.

R.I.P.
08-05-2014, 07:58 AM

Bennett needs to fail his physical or the deal will fall through. Philly can

raprap
08-05-2014, 08:03 AM
I hope the cavs dont give up bennett.

LBJ 23
08-05-2014, 08:05 AM
soooo all the cavs are giving up is wiggins, picks, and possibly bennett?!

Given the situation even that's too much

D-Rose
08-05-2014, 08:17 AM
To be fair, that was probably accurate lol. Phil was in the bag, and then Jimmy goes and hires Mike D :facepalm

longtime lurker
08-05-2014, 09:03 AM
soooo all the cavs are giving up is wiggins, picks, and possibly bennett?!

Cavs are crazy and Minnesota is completely out manoeuvring them here. I see this ending up badly tbh.

miles berg
08-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Poor Cleveland. Really getting ripped off in this trade. Like trading Michael Jordan, Charles Oakley, & a future 1st for Terry Cummings back in '84.

R.I.P.
08-05-2014, 10:06 AM
What are you people even talking about?

Irving
Waiters
Bron
Love
Vareajo

Bench: Thompson, Marion, Allen, Miller.

That

DukeDelonte13
08-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Poor Cleveland. Really getting ripped off in this trade. Like trading Michael Jordan, Charles Oakley, & a future 1st for Terry Cummings back in '84.

Cleveland is either getting ripped off or is failing to surround Lebron w/ talent.

Either way Cleveland will be criticized heavily. That we can all be certain of.

04mzwach
08-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Cleveland is either getting ripped off or is failing to surround Lebron w/ talent.

Either way Cleveland will be criticized heavily. That we can all be certain of.
Will they be criticized if they win a championship too? I mean the Wolves aren't giving Love up for free obviously.