PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Scottie Pippen says "I'm the Greatest Chicago Bull of All Time!"

bagelred
08-05-2014, 08:57 AM
:facepalm

This is the Link. What was he thinking? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24KTBp8qQIo&t=0m26s)

My god, he's gonna get alot of shit for that. I see this thread going at least 100 pages. Discuss.

What? :confusedshrug: What's everyone angry about? :wtf:

Rocketswin2013
08-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Skip Bayless was right.....

VengefulAngel
08-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Good predictions...:lol

Dragic4Life
08-05-2014, 09:01 AM
A commercial...

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2014, 09:01 AM
lmfao

sportjames23
08-05-2014, 09:03 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dis-Gun-Be-Gud-Bear-Chair.gif

Angel Face
08-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Inb4 roundball rock say he really is. :oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
08-05-2014, 09:09 AM
He must have been reading Roundhead Rockforbrains posts.

sportjames23
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
:oldlol:

LoneyROY7
08-05-2014, 09:16 AM
:applause:

JohnFreeman
08-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Harden forgets to show up in the playoffs all the time.

scandisk_
08-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Pip droppin truth bombs :rockon:

suck it hatas!

Lebronxrings
08-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Well he is.

andgar923
08-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Inb4 roundball rock say he really is. :oldlol:
He's gonna have a Pippen sized boner even tho it was a joke.

bagelred
08-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Doesn't sound like a joke to me. Watch the video again.

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Not bad for an ad starring basketball players, pretty funny commercial.

LeBird
08-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Even though the ad is meant to be taken as a joke...you just know the Jordan stans are burning up inside.

juju151111
08-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Even though the ad is meant to be taken as a joke...you just know the Jordan stans are burning up inside.
Not really. Shows what delusional people think

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 11:45 AM

You need to get out of the house a little more often :oldlol:

lakerfreak
08-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Whether this is a joke or not, this isn't the first time Pippen says something relatively similar.

He once said he would take Lebron over Jordan at age 25. When he was asked off the set if he really meant what he said, his answer was "Of course, not only would I take Lebron over Jordan, but I would take myself over him as well".

Article is obviously old and I won't be able to dig that up. But there's certainly some sort of Oedipus Complex there.

Genaro
08-05-2014, 11:57 AM
It's a commercial trying to be funny. Nothing to see here.
I know it's off-season but this thread is pointless.

Roundball_Rock
08-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Whether this is a joke or not, this isn't the first time Pippen says something relatively similar.

He once said he would take Lebron over Jordan at age 25. When he was asked off the set if he really meant what he said, his answer was "Of course, not only would I take Lebron over Jordan, but I would take myself over him as well".

Article is obviously old and I won't be able to dig that up. But there's certainly some sort of Oedipus Complex there.

Yeah he does have mixed feelings about MJ. I am not sure why so much is made about it, though. His comments on LeBron are particularly overplayed. Is it shocking that Pippen thinks highly of LeBron? LeBron is a souped up version of Pippen. Despite his evident mixed feelings about MJ, he has MJ as his GOAT and they remain friends to this day. MJ was the one who introduced Pippen into the HOF and Pippen was basically the only person MJ thanked during his HOF speech :lol .

http://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/pippen_jordan_wireimage-300x300.jpg

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Apparently the concept of a "punchline" is lost on some people.

The joke is that Pippen is saying that when the audience clearly knows it's blatantly false. He is the punchline of the commercial.

Jordan and Pippen have always been friends anyone trying to spin that some other way is just blowing smoke out of their rear ends.

lakerfreak
08-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah he does have mixed feelings about MJ. I am not sure why so much is made about it, though. His comments on LeBron are particularly overplayed. Is it shocking that Pippen thinks highly of LeBron? LeBron is a souped up version of Pippen. Despite his evident mixed feelings about MJ, he has MJ as his GOAT and they remain friends to this day. MJ was the one who introduced Pippen into the HOF and Pippen was basically the only person MJ thanked during his HOF speech :lol .

http://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/pippen_jordan_wireimage-300x300.jpg

I like the point you brought up about similar playing styles. Lebron is the more unselfish teammate.

Anytime someone brings Kobe up, pippen absolutely HATES the talk that Kobe and Jordan are similar lol with his "Kobe is nowhere near Jordan" type of talk.

I'll tell you one thing. If I wanted to get the ball plenty of times, and have a share mentality, I'd play with Pippen, or Lebron. I do like Pippen a lot. Not necessarily agreeing he's better.

juju151111
08-05-2014, 12:03 PM

Goat and his sidekick. Batman and Robin:applause:

jayfan
08-05-2014, 12:05 PM

The joke is that Pippen is saying that when the audience clearly knows it's blatantly false. He is the punchline of the commercial.

This. Pippen is clowning on himself.

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I like the point you brought up about similar playing styles. Lebron is the more unselfish teammate.

Anytime someone brings Kobe up, pippen absolutely HATES the talk that Kobe and Jordan are similar lol with his "Kobe is nowhere near Jordan" type of talk.

I'll tell you one thing. If I wanted to get the ball plenty of times, and have a share mentality, I'd play with Pippen, or Lebron. I do like Pippen a lot. Not necessarily agreeing he's better.

To be honest the "LeBron is a great teammate" stuff is way overstated.

He did not benefit Wade or Bosh's games at all. Instead of saying "look, how can I adjust my game to fit in with these two guys" he basically forced both of them to play around him and refused to change his game at all from Cleveland.

Also generally refused to develop a post game as well.

Whereas Jordan did accept the dramatically different triangle offence, which took the ball out of his hands more often, he also took fewer shots, refined his post game, because it made the Bulls a better team in the long run.

I didn't really see LeBron adjust his game at all for Bosh/Wade, it's basically you play LeBron-ball or you don't play at all. It will be the same thing with Cleveland again this time around, Love/Kyrie better learn to "bow down" to the self-proclaimed King and play his style of basketball.

bagelred
08-05-2014, 12:07 PM
It's a commercial trying to be funny. Nothing to see here.
I know it's off-season but this thread is pointless.

That's what he WANTS you to think. Think about it.

lakerfreak
08-05-2014, 12:11 PM

He did not benefit Wade or Bosh's games at all. Instead of saying "look, how can I adjust my game to fit in with these two guys" he basically forced both of them to play around him and refused to change his game at all from Cleveland.

Whereas Jordan did accept the dramatically different triangle offence, which took the ball out of his hands more often, he also took fewer shots, refined his post game, because it made the Bulls a better team in the long run.

I didn't really see LeBron adjust his game at all for Bosh/Wade, it's basically you play LeBron-ball or you don't play at all.

Well, to some degree, the best player on the team needs to step up and lead. I agree for other guys like Wade, Bosh, it sucks because they were used to shooting 20 shots per game each before teaming up. But if someone is a scrub, and they like to shoot threes, Lebron is the teammate for you.

There was a point in time in the first two seasons on the heat when the team was struggling to understand who they were and who was going to initiate the system. Lebron eventually dominated and they started winning.

sportjames23
08-05-2014, 12:21 PM

And here comes this bum projecting his own insecurities on MJ fans. :oldlol:

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Well, to some degree, the best player on the team needs to step up and lead. I agree for other guys like Wade, Bosh, it sucks because they were used to shooting 20 shots per game each before teaming up. But if someone is a scrub, and they like to shoot threes, Lebron is the teammate for you.

There was a point in time in the first two seasons on the heat when the team was struggling to understand who they were and who was going to initiate the system. Lebron eventually dominated and they started winning.

They honestly probably could have won the 2011 Finals ... they had a chance to go up 3-1, LeBron scores only 8 points in a pivotal game 4 which the Heat lose by 3. One wonders if the idea of Wade winning the Finals MVP one year after all the flak he took from "The Decision" was too much for him to take.

Because it seemed to me like that was working just fine, the only guy with a problem with it was no.6.

casual_fan
08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
So according to this commercial Harden will retire one day and won

Roundball_Rock
08-05-2014, 12:25 PM
That's what he WANTS you to think. Think about it.

Et tu, Bagelred? :( Ok guys, since Bagelred has exposed us I will come clean with what happened. A few months ago Fatal9, Mehya, LeBird, me, John Salley, Jerry Krause had a meeting. This meeting was so important LeBron and Kobe attended themselves, versus having their armies of closet stans who promote Pippen attend on their behalf. The idea was to run a commercial declaring Pippen the greatest Bull. See what we did there? We didn't call him the GOAT directly. Rather, we cleverly did it indirectly. After all, if Pippen>MJ as a Bull ergo MJ cannot be the GOAT. Moreover, we recognize a lot of people have never seen MJ play. So the ad will convince some younger people and newcomers to the country who did not watch basketball that Pippen>MJ. This is only the first step in our crusade to convince the world MJ is not the GOAT. Expect more. I think we may take out an ad during the Super Bowl next year.

Whereas Jordan did accept the dramatically different triangle offence

Yeah but he had to be dragged kicking and screaming. He finally accepting it because the Bulls reached a level of performance in 91' that they did not have prior to the triangle. That is where the LeBron comparison does not hold. Miami improved its results as Wade took a backseat.

Yeah great point that Pippen always was strongly in the MJ>Kobe camp. If Pippen was looking to diminish MJ he would have jumped on the Kobe bandwagon. All Pippen said about LeBron is that LeBron may go down as the GOAT. He isn't the only person to say that. I remember Magic Johnson saying it immediately after the Heat had won in 12' or 13'. It isn't a crazy opinion. If LeBron finishes with 6-7 MVP's and 5-6 rings he would have as good a case for GOAT as anyone.

One wonders if the idea of Wade winning the Finals MVP one year after all the flak he took from "The Decision" was too much for him to take.

People say that a lot but I disagree. LeBron's resume would be better with 3 rings, not 2, even if Wade won FMVP. No one holds losing FMVP's against Magic, Bird or Duncan. KAJ and Kobe are the only ones hit for that and not given full credit for their rings.

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Yeah but he had to be dragged kicking and screaming. He finally accepting it because the Bulls reached a level of performance in 91' that they did not have prior to the triangle. That is where the LeBron comparison does not hold. Miami improved its results as Wade took a backseat.

Yeah great point that Pippen always was strongly in the MJ>Kobe camp. If Pippen was looking to diminish MJ he would have jumped on the Kobe bandwagon. All Pippen said about LeBron is that LeBron may go down as the GOAT. He isn't the only person to say that. I remember Magic Johnson saying it immediately after the Heat had won in 12' or 13'. It isn't a crazy opinion. If LeBron finishes with 6-7 MVP's and 5-6 rings he would have as good a case for GOAT as anyone.

MJ went along with it, in his prime no less, and trusted a very young coach without a proven track record. Some griping is to be expected, but he did buy in (unlike Kobe who would tune Phil out even after winning 4 titles with him).

Not many players in Jordan's position/stature would do the same. Give him credit.

If Durant wins 6-7 MVPs and 5-6 rings he will have as good of a case as GOAT as anyone too. Lets see it done first.

The Lakers with Shaq-Kobe were "supposed" to win more than 6 together and be better than the Bulls. They were "supposed" to be the greatest duo ever. What's "supposed" to happen and what actually happens is two very different things most often.

LeBron will not adjust his game for Kyrie or Love (though Love may be a decent fit by playing style anyway). They will have to suit his style of play, or they will be gone or he will be gone. The head coach also better be ready to play "LeBron Ball", what his offensive sets were are now secondary to what LeBron wants. That's all there is to it.

Roundball_Rock
08-05-2014, 12:34 PM
If Durant wins 6-7 MVPs and 5-6 rings he will have as good of a case as GOAT as anyone too. Lets see it done first.

Of course--but that is all Pippen said, that LeBron may go down as the GOAT, something others have said too, like Magic.

MJ went along with it, in his prime no less, and trusted a very young coach without a proven track record. Some griping is to be expected, but he did buy in (unlike Kobe who would tune Phil out even after winning 4 titles with him).

For which he deserves credit but the reason the comparison is, I believe, invalid is in Jordan's case the team's performance improved (61 wins in 91' compared to 55, 47, 50, 40 in previous years) as he accepted a reduced role (as you described it--less shots, more ball movement and Pippen became the primary ballhandler); in LeBron's case the team's performance improved as he accepted a greater role. LeBron on the Heat was not a scenario where a player demanded a bigger role for ego's sake at the expense of the team. The team worked better with him in that role. Wade himself recognized this and took a backseat. I do agree, though, that MJ was more adaptable to his teammates than LeBron.

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Of course--but that is all Pippen said, that LeBron may go down as the GOAT, something others have said too, like Magic.

For which he deserves credit but the reason the comparison is, I believe, invalid is in Jordan's case the team's performance improved (61 wins in 91' compared to 55, 47, 50, 40 in previous years) as he accepted a reduced role (as you described it--less shots, more ball movement and Pippen became the primary ballhandler); in LeBron's case the team's performance improved as he accepted a greater role. LeBron on the Heat was not a scenario where a player demanded a bigger role for ego's sake at the expense of the team. The team worked better with him in that role. Wade himself recognized this and took a backseat. I do agree, though, that MJ was more adaptable to his teammates than LeBron.

I think that has more to do with LeBron not being able to accept being the actual distributor type of player you guys hype him up to be. He would not accept playing a lesser role, couldn't figure out how to make his game work otherwise, and sulked in the NBA Finals when it looked like he wasn't going to get a Finals MVP.

Wade being the bigger man, realized this and took a step backwards to allow the team to play "LeBron Ball". From then on it didn't matter where Wade was more comfortable getting his shots from or where Bosh traditionally was most effective from ... it was about making sure Bran was comfortable first and foremost.

That's not my idea of a Magic Johnson like altruistic team-first player. The new Cavs will be the same thing, he will effectively be the GM and coach of that team to boot. It's his way or the highway.

Kyrie Irving better get the memo.

juju151111
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM

Mj accepted the Triangle in the first year in 1990 avgered 37,7,7 in the playoffs and took the Pistons to the brink. Teammates forgot to play in game 7. The rest is history.

Roundball_Rock
08-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Mj accepted the Triangle in the first year in 1990 avgered 37,7,7 in the playoffs and took the Pistons to the brink. Teammates forgot to play in game 7. The rest is history.

I had thought the triangle was implemented in 91' but you are right Jackson brought it in during his first season. 91' was when Pippen took over primary playmaking/ballhandling duties from MJ, which goes to Soundwave's point about MJ being willing to accept a lesser role.

I think that has more to do with LeBron not being able to accept being the actual distributor type of player you guys hype him up to be. He would not accept playing a lesser role, couldn't figure out how to make his game work otherwise, and sulked in the NBA Finals when it looked like he wasn't going to get a Finals MVP.

He did accept it in the 11' Finals, though--and he is crucified for it. He put up 18/7/7--good numbers for playing the "second option" to Wade. The team just couldn't get it done in 11' with Wade serving as the "first option" in the Finals and Bosh also putting up 18-19 ppg. When they adopted a clear pecking order, with LeBron at the top followed by Wade and then Bosh the result was 2 consecutive championships, including a 66 win season in 13'. The 11' Heat went 58-24 and lost 2-4 in the Finals. They were hardly the juggernaut people make them out to be.

Soundwave
08-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Jordan was always fairly coachable.

He willingly played a lesser role at North Carolina under Dean Smith and played in Bobby Knight's "my way or the highway" system in the Olympics.

Not many players today of his stature would accept such a situation being still in their 20s though.

It's not like Phil Jackson was anyone special even, he was a no-name head coach with no track record to speak of.

He could've easily turned around and said "I don't like this offense, fire this guy he doesn't know what he's doing" and the rest of Phil's career might look very different right about now.

Players today are just groomed differently, if you're a high school star all you hear from grade 10 onwards is how great you are and how the coach needs to get you more shots.

It's amazing to me that even after winning multiple titles with Phil that Kobe was still at odds with Phil like half the time.

Roundball_Rock
08-05-2014, 01:27 PM
It's amazing to me that even after winning multiple titles with Phil that Kobe was still at odds with Phil like half the time.

Yeah Kobe screwed himself by running Shaq and P.J. out of town. Imagine if he had 7-8 rings instead of 5. Shaq was still a MVP-caliber player in 05' and a top 10 player in 06'. Even in 07' he was putting up 17 points a game and led the Heat to a 16-7 (if I recall correctly--it may have been 16-9) record without Wade. Shaq's decline would have coincided with Kobe hitting his peak so they could have kept rolling and may have pulled off the Gasol trade anyway.

juju151111
08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
I had thought the triangle was implemented in 91' but you are right Jackson brought it in during his first season. 91' was when Pippen took over primary playmaking/ballhandling duties from MJ, which goes to Soundwave's point about MJ being willing to accept a lesser role.

He did accept it in the 11' Finals, though--and he is crucified for it. He put up 18/7/7--good numbers for playing the "second option" to Wade. The team just couldn't get it done in 11' with Wade serving as the "first option" in the Finals and Bosh also putting up 18-19 ppg. When they adopted a clear pecking order, with LeBron at the top followed by Wade and then Bosh the result was 2 consecutive championships, including a 66 win season in 13'. The 11' Heat went 58-24 and lost 2-4 in the Finals. They were hardly the juggernaut people make them out to be.
Pippen and Grant took the leap in 91, so Mj coasted through out the 91 season(I still say 90 was Mj best year and his peak). His Usage rate was the lowest of his entire stint has a Bull I think. Every other year he was pulling a large weight. This is why I wish he had a good squad from the get go to see how he would of done against the Boston, Lakers and Pistons of the world. Come playoff time through Mj through started dishing out asts and creating for his teammates. Led the Bulls in playoffs asts on 89,90,91, and 93. Which is why I also say 92 Pippen is underrated. He had a great playoffs other then the Knicks series.

juju151111
08-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Why are you making excuses for LJ playing like ****ing shit in the finals? Pecking order? What were they doing the whole playoffs before the finals:facepalm because

VelvetHoop
08-05-2014, 01:34 PM
https://assets-sports.vice.com/images/2014/07/28/untitled-article-1406560270-body-image-1406560382.jpg

DonDadda59
08-05-2014, 02:33 PM

LeExhibit A:

sportjames23
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
https://assets-sports.vice.com/images/2014/07/28/untitled-article-1406560270-body-image-1406560382.jpg

:biggums:

bagelred
08-05-2014, 02:38 PM
https://warosu.org/data/biz/img/0002/49/1396217947485.gif

scandisk_
08-05-2014, 02:42 PM

they friggin look like brothers :eek:

bagelred
08-05-2014, 05:30 PM
OK this thread is well short of the 100 pages it should be. Pippen said he's better than Jordan. Discuss it for 96 more pages as you know you want to.

Kvnzhangyay
08-05-2014, 05:36 PM

I can't unsee this shit

04mzwach
08-05-2014, 05:36 PM
It was a joke about short memories though. :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
08-05-2014, 05:44 PM

I didn't really see LeBron adjust his game at all for Bosh/Wade, it's basically you play LeBron-ball or you don't play at all. It will be the same thing with Cleveland again this time around, Love/Kyrie better learn to "bow down" to the self-proclaimed King and play his style of basketball.
Pretty astute post. LeBron passes more, but this could arguably make him considered more selfish than MJ. Along with the lack of loyalty, fortitude, team hopping, stacking the deck, ring chasing type stuff.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Pretty astute post. LeBron passes more, but this could arguably make him considered more selfish than MJ. Along with the lack of loyalty, fortitude, team hopping, stacking the deck, ring chasing type stuff.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/the_rock_gif.gif

Magic 32
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/e44fb25f3df2b37a4511a48f3799ba47/tumblr_inline_mqr6p6u9Kw1qz4rgp.gif

knickswoman
08-05-2014, 07:07 PM

LOL only idiots think bran is unselfish. Its like saying Iverson/Oscar are unselfish yet their teammates said otherwise. Theres a reason why theyre losers and bran with the best teammates you could imagine was only 2/4.

KOBE143
08-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Its not really surprising tho..Pippen has case, he's actually more important or at worst equally important as Jordan in all the bulls titles.. He was their defensive anchor.. But I still think Jordan is the greatest Bulls by a hair..

Asukal
08-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Its not really surprising tho..Pippen has case, he's actually more important or at worst equally important as Jordan in all the bulls titles.. He was their defensive anchor.. But I still think Jordan is the greatest Bulls by a hair..

Don't worry, GOAT sidekick is Kobe not Pippen. :cheers:

stalkerforlife
08-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Men that are really well endowed, like Pippen, believe they can fly.

Comes with the territory.

KOBE143
08-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Don't worry, GOAT sidekick is Kobe not Pippen. :cheers:

Kobe was never a sidekick.. He was 2nd option in 2000, 1b in 2001 then became equal to Shaq in 2002 after that Kobe already surpassed Shaq thats why Shaq was traded because he turned into bum..

Calabis
08-06-2014, 12:03 AM
And here comes this bum projecting his own insecurities on MJ fans. :oldlol:
:roll: :applause:

Yes sir

STATUTORY
08-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Et tu, Bagelred? :( Ok guys, since Bagelred has exposed us I will come clean with what happened. A few months ago Fatal9, Mehya, LeBird, me, John Salley, Jerry Krause had a meeting. This meeting was so important LeBron and Kobe attended themselves, versus having their armies of closet stans who promote Pippen attend on their behalf. The idea was to run a commercial declaring Pippen the greatest Bull. See what we did there? We didn't call him the GOAT directly. Rather, we cleverly did it indirectly. After all, if Pippen>MJ as a Bull ergo MJ cannot be the GOAT. Moreover, we recognize a lot of people have never seen MJ play. So the ad will convince some younger people and newcomers to the country who did not watch basketball that Pippen>MJ. This is only the first step in our crusade to convince the world MJ is not the GOAT. Expect more. I think we may take out an ad during the Super Bowl next year.

People say that a lot but I disagree. LeBron's resume would be better with 3 rings, not 2, even if Wade won FMVP. No one holds losing FMVP's against Magic, Bird or Duncan. KAJ and Kobe are the only ones hit for that and not given full credit for their rings.

pippen has had it out for Kobe ever since Kobe spoiled his last attempt at championship without MJ

Calabis
08-06-2014, 12:10 AM

Kobe was never a sidekick. He was 2nd option in 2000, 1b in 2001 then became equal to Shaq in 2002 after that Kobe already surpassed Shaq thats why Shaq was traded because he turned into bum..

Lmao 1b...this mfer just said 1b!

ArbitraryWater
08-06-2014, 08:50 PM
https://vine.co/v/M92rK7zUAaw

MrC1991
08-06-2014, 09:47 PM
lmao it was funny.

bagelred
08-08-2014, 04:01 PM
lmao it was funny.

It sure was, Mr. C 1991, it sure was....

ballup
08-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Harden forgets to show up in the playoffs all the time.
:oldlol: