PDA

View Full Version : Switch Kobe with 2014 Lebron on the 2006 Lakers

sportjames23
08-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Do they beat the Suns in the first round?

Dragic4Life
08-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes.

choppermagic
08-05-2014, 02:01 PM
No.

If Lebron can turn two other franchise players into spot up role players, imagine what he'd do with Smush Parker and company? Turn them into waterboys?

What would happen is that people would actually complain about Lebron's lack of help, and not one ounce of blame would go to him as he ponders leaving the lakers for greener pastures...

Jlamb47
08-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Hell no.

JT123
08-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Quite easily. Unlike Kobe Lebron doesn't lose in the first round, nor has he ever choked away a 3-1 series lead. :confusedshrug:
If Lebron could turn Mo Williams of all people into an All Star, just think of what he could have done for Smush. :eek: It's funny how Kobe chokes away a 3-1 series lead, including an epic quit job in game 7, and suddenly Smush is labeled the worst player in NBA history. :cry: :rolleyes:

Dragic4Life
08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Quite easily. Unlike Kobe Lebron doesn't lose in the first round, nor has he ever choked away a 3-1 series lead. :confusedshrug:
If Lebron could turn Mo Williams of all people into an All Star, just think of what he could have done for Smush. :eek: It's funny how Kobe chokes away a 3-1 series lead, including an epic quite job in game 7, and suddenly Smush is labeled the worst player in NBA history. :cry: :rolleyes:
:cheers:

Trollsmasher
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
is this even a question?:lol

lakerfreak
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
No.

If Lebron can turn two other franchise players into spot up role players, imagine what he'd do with Smush Parker and company? Turn them into waterboys?

What would happen is that people would actually complain about Lebron's lack of help, and not one ounce of blame would go to him as he ponders leaving the lakers for greener pastures...

Not really a good assumption and I'll tell you why.

Franchise players are tagged with that name because of their abilities to create their own shot, find other ways to help the team, and other talents and skills that they have that separate them from scrubs.

When these talents are combined with other players who are talented, depending on what their strengths and weaknesses are, can either limit their opportunities, or simply strengthen them.

Of course it would be difficult for Lebron and Wade to both average thirty because they both create their own shots. They would each need to share the ball 50% of the game to both average 30 ppg.

However, you take Lebron, and you put him on a team full of rebounders and spot up shooters, and suddenly these one dimensional players are maximizing their opportunities because of the attention that Lebron draws on the offense.

If we were to categorize each player based on their level of contribution on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being a 1-dimensional player, and 5 being an all around scorer and star, Lebron simply brings everyone around him to a level three. Equal opportunities for everyone to contribute in a certain manner.

So while these Smush Parker scrubs get more open shots than they would anywhere else, the other stars decline in their level of contribution to sacrifice for the greater good of everyone, including Lebron, contributing.

Lebron by the way is a great player and needs to be the number one guy wherever he goes. Its not his fault Wade and Bosh aren't as good as him.

lakerfreak
08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
To respond to the actual thread topic,

It was not a matter of who was leading. It was the strategy. The lakers and 28 other teams in the league would lose to the suns if they found themselves playing at the suns pace (run n gun). When teams like San Antonio, Lakers, and whoever else you want to add had reliable big men that can score in the half court offense, it completely took the suns out of their running game. The key was the system. The system needed to slow them down.

Kobe averaged a huge number of points against the suns and they still won. If Lebron averaged 60 points per game against them in a running effort, the suns probably still one.

Magic 32
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Quite easily. Unlike Kobe Lebron doesn't lose in the first round,

Insert east joke.

If Lebron could turn Mo Williams of all people into an All Star, just think of what he could have done for Smush.

Did he turn Mo Williams into an All Star against a 50+ win team? I remember the Mgaic series.

suddenly Smush is labeled the worst player in NBA history. :cry: :rolleyes:

Mo Williams is still in the NBA

Smush is getting owned in the park.

Jlamb47
08-05-2014, 04:18 PM
If Lebron could turn Mo Williams of all people into an All Star, just think of what he could have done for Smush. :eek: It's funny how Kobe chokes away a 3-1 series lead, including an epic quit job in game 7, and suddenly Smush is labeled the worst player in NBA history. :cry: :rolleyes:

your a ****ing idiot.

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:18 PM
They'd honestly get swept.

Kvnzhangyay
08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
your a ****ing idiot.

He's right until proven wrong :confusedshrug:

Jlamb47
08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Insert east joke.

Did he turn Mo Williams into an All Star against a 50+ win team? I remember the Mgaic series.

Mo Williams is still in the NBA

Smush is getting owned in the park.
:cheers: :bowdown: :rockon:

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
your a ****ing idiot.
Says the fake Spurs fan. :sleeping

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't even think LAL would make the playoffs, tbh.

ImKobe
08-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Kobe put up 28/6/5 on 59%TS in that series, put up 50 points in Game 6 and his team lost him the game that should have pushed them to the 2nd round (Kobe hit 3 straight clutch shots in the 4th quarter, 4-7 in OT) and the team couldn't keep the Suns from getting a wide open 3 when they only had to guard the 3pt line with 15 or so seconds left in the 4th

The series was about Lakers keeping the Suns from scoring at a high pace, they couldn't do that. Adding 2014 Lebron, who wasn't that great defensively either, would not fix that issue and he wouldn't put up the same numbers as he did for the Heat when he's the only guy other teams focus on. No Wade or Bosh to take the load off.

Kudos to Lebron for being a more efficient offensive player, but even he wouldn't do anything with those scrubs getting major minutes.

Kobe put up 34/6/4 on 56/50/75 shooting in the 3 straight losses...

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I don't even think LAL would make the playoffs, tbh.
Trying too hard, bro.

dubeta
08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Lakers win the championship with lebron

Lebron Bynum and odom? Easy cakewalk to finals

Miami will be tough but I could see lakers winning

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Kobe put up 28/6/5 on 59%TS in that series, put up 50 points in Game 6 and his team lost him the game that should have pushed them to the 2nd round (Kobe hit 3 straight clutch shots in the 4th quarter, 4-7 in OT) and the team couldn't keep the Suns from getting a wide open 3 when they only had to guard the 3pt line with 15 or so seconds left in the 4th

The series was about Lakers keeping the Suns from scoring at a high pace, they couldn't do that. Adding 2014 Lebron, who wasn't that great defensively either, would not fix that issue and he wouldn't put up the same numbers as he did for the Heat when he's the only guy other teams focus on. No Wade or Bosh to take the load off.

Kudos to Lebron for being a more efficient offensive player, but even he wouldn't do anything with those scrubs getting major minutes.
You seriously believe the Spurs actually focused on Wade and Bosh during the Finals? :biggums: Their strategy was stop Lebron and make his teammates beat us, and his teammates failed miserably.
Even if Bosh and Wade were drawing attention, Lebron didn't have them the first 7 years of his career, when he was putting up his highest scoring seasons.

Milbuck
08-05-2014, 04:47 PM
You seriously believe the Spurs actually focused on Wade and Bosh during the Finals? :biggums: Their strategy was stop Lebron and make his teammates beat us, and his teammates failed miserably.
It was the exact opposite actually. Did you watch the finals?

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Even if Bosh and Wade were drawing attention, Lebron didn't have them the first 7 years of his career, when he was putting up his highest scoring seasons.
Hahaha stop with the excuses. :lol

ImKobe
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM

He had his highest scoring seasons because he took more shots without having to share them with Wade :facepalm

They made his teammates beat him? It looked more like the opposite. Lebron again was dared to shoot the ball and in his defense, he did well most of the time, but the games weren't even that close and him getting his 20-30 points wasn't a concern for the spurs because they were running away with it. I'd let Lebron get his 25 on 60% shooting as well if it meant my team was up 15+ points.

What's funny is Lebron's AST-TO ratio in that series, 4 apg & 3.8 TOV :oldlol:, it should tell you how much they covered his teammates and made him beat them...

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
It was the exact opposite actually. Did you watch the finals?
I saw Wade missing a bunch of easy layups right around the rim, as well as Lebron setting up his shooters with tons of wide open looks that they couldn't knock down. :facepalm
The Spurs played Bron tight this year, even Jeff Van Gundy said so. :coleman:

ImKobe
08-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I saw Wade missing a bunch of easy layups right around the rim, as well as Lebron setting up his shooters with tons of wide open looks that they couldn't knock down. :facepalm
The Spurs played Bron tight this year, even Jeff Van Gundy said so. :coleman:

They didn't play him that tight at all. They didn't need to because they were killing Miami on the other end... In the 1st two game, Lebron was played pretty tight, but when the blowouts came, it didn't matter how they played him.

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:57 PM
He had his highest scoring seasons because he took more shots without having to share them with Wade :facepalm

They made his teammates beat him? It looked more like the opposite. Lebron again was dared to shoot the ball and in his defense, he did well most of the time, but the games weren't even that close and him getting his 20-30 points wasn't a concern for the spurs because they were running away with it. I'd let Lebron get his 25 on 60% shooting as well if it meant my team was up 15+ points.

What's funny is Lebron's AST-TO ratio in that series, 4 apg & 3.8 TOV :oldlol:, it should tell you how much they covered his teammates and made him beat them...
Lebron was not dared to shoot the ball this year, just stop. Even the announcers pointed out that the Spurs were defending him entirely different than they did in 2013.
Also, he can't pick up assists if his teammates brick every open shot he creates for them.

riseagainst
08-05-2014, 05:07 PM

:biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Waiting for a legit, non bias stan of either Kobe or LeBron to tackle this one.

riseagainst
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
they would get realistically get 3rd or 4th seed. I'm leaning towards finishing after the Suns at 4th. at least 50 wins for sure.

SexSymbol
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Hell no, Kobe's style of play benefitted the team immensely.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Waiting for a legit, non bias stan of either Kobe or LeBron to tackle this one.

If you remember correctly, save for that 50 point bonanza (in a loss), Kobe REALLY dialed back in this series. Phil used him as a decoy (dropping 40 and 50 points was fools gold; the Lakers had to make the Suns' defense work which subsequently slowed their offense down), and had Bean playing "like" LeBron: get his teammates involved and do all the necessary things a leader in his position would do.

The thing is, that isn't Kobe's game. Bron can play the way Kobe was asked to...and do it better. A LOT better.

Doubt the Lakers would beat Miami in the finals or anything, but '14 Bron would get them outta the first round and as far as the WCF/finals. Guy is one of the few players in history who has a track record of consistently doing more with less.

Artillery
08-05-2014, 07:27 PM
A much worse version of Lebron carried a group of scrubs to the NBA Finals in 2007. He'd take that Laker team to the Conference Finals and lose to the Mavs. No way he's going to choke like Kobe did that year.

Magic 32
08-05-2014, 07:27 PM
If you remember correctly, save for that 50 point bonanza (in a loss), Kobe REALLY dialed back in this series. Phil used him as a decoy (dropping 40 and 50 points was fools gold; the Lakers had to make the Suns' defense work which subsequently slowed their offense down), and had Bean playing "like" LeBron: get his teammates involved and doing all the necessary things a leader in his position would do.

The thing is, that isn't Kobe's game. Bron can play the way Kobe was asked to...and do it better. A LOT better.

Doubt the Lakers would beat Miami in the finals or anything, but '14 Bron would get them outta the first round and as far as the WCF/finals. Guy is one of the few players in history who has a track record of consistently doing more with less.

Lebron never won against a 53-win team in CLE (06 Suns record).

And Lebron had defense and shooters in CLE, the best build for a ball dominant one-man-show (Dwight 09, Iverson 01).

The 06 Lakers were exactly not that.

Smush, Walton, Odom, Kwame

Kicking the ball out to these guys?

raprap
08-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Definitely. LeBron with Phil Jackson :bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
08-05-2014, 08:14 PM
If you remember correctly, save for that 50 point bonanza (in a loss), Kobe REALLY dialed back in this series. Phil used him as a decoy (dropping 40 and 50 points was fools gold; the Lakers had to make the Suns' defense work which subsequently slowed their offense down), and had Bean playing "like" LeBron: get his teammates involved and do all the necessary things a leader in his position would do.

You lost my respect with out giving me my just ISH due ... but good post. And I actually agree. With everything,

:mad:

dubeta
08-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Lebron never won against a 53-win team in CLE (06 Suns record).

And Lebron had defense and shooters in CLE, the best build for a ball dominant one-man-show (Dwight 09, Iverson 01).

The 06 Lakers were exactly not that.

Smush, Walton, Odom, Kwame

Kicking the ball out to these guys?

2007 pistons won 53 games u fail

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
You lost my respect with out giving me my just ISH due ... but good post. And I actually agree. With everything,

:mad:

Bro, your posting acumen should go without saying. You, Shaqattack and catch24 are first-ballot HOFers :pimp: