PDA

View Full Version : How crazy is the hype for KD going to be after he wins MVP and Finals MVP next year?

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:37 PM
The dude is about to sign a 30M per year endorsement deal playing in the smallest market in the NBA.... LMAO!

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Top 15 all-time if this were to happen, easily. Goodness, dude will only be 26 too. :eek:

navy
08-05-2014, 04:39 PM
How many years have you've been saying this? Three in a row now?

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Top 15 all-time if this were to happen, easily. Goodness, dude will only be 26 too. :eek:

Imagine if he played in LA, NY, Chicago, or somewhere similar...

The dude would be making 50M a year from his shoe deal alone :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's some Michael Jordan level shit.

fpliii
08-05-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm not a box score stats guy, but I'd love to see him average 30-10 this season.

JT123
The better question is how much will he be held accountable after he chokes again? My guess is that all the blame will be shifted to Westbrook and the coach, like always. :rolleyes:
KD is the most media protected superstar since Michael Jordan.

russwest0
How many years have you've been saying this? Three in a row now?

All champions go through a hard grind to the top. Some go and team up with proven winners and deplete their conference of any challenge...

Others RISE. Kevin Durant will RISE.

dubeta
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
So championship or bust right?

If he doesn't win next year he's 0-5 with stacked teams

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:42 PM
So championship or bust right?

This is the first year where I think you can call OKC the clear favorites, so yeah, I'd say so.

The main reason is because Fisher, Thabo, and Butler are gone so there is only one vet (Perkins) for Brooks to play too much now :applause:

navy
08-05-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm not a box score stats guy, but I'd love to see him average 30-10 this season.
Why? Wouldn't that mean a deficiency in the team?

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM
This is the first year where I think you can call OKC the clear favorites, so yeah, I'd say so.

The main reason is because Fisher, Thabo, and Butler are gone so there is only one vet (Perkins) for Brooks to use too much now :applause:
Perkins/Brooks is still a legit excuse IF we don't win it all. But I fully expect them to. :applause:

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Perkins/Brooks is still a legit excuse IF we don't win it all. But I fully expect them to. :applause:

God lol how epic would that be. Durant winning a ring in the toughest conference ever with the worst coach, worst starting center, and worst starting two guard in the league.

He'd be top 10 all time at just age 26. :eek:

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Already making excuses for Durant's annual choke job. :oldlol:

dubeta
08-05-2014, 04:46 PM

The main reason is because Fisher, Thabo, and Butler are gone so there is only one vet (Perkins) for Brooks to play too much now :applause:

So they weren't the favourites in 2012 with a dream team of kd Russ harden and ibaka, vs lebron an injured wade and a bosh coming off injury :oldlol:

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:47 PM
God lol how epic would that be. Durant winning a ring in the toughest conference ever with the worst coach, worst starting center, and worst starting two guard in the league.

He'd be top 10 all time at just age 26. :eek:
Hahaha damn. :bowdown: :bowdown: Feels good to be an OKC fan right now.

JT123
08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
So they weren't the favourites in 2012 with a dream team of kd Russ harden and ibaka, vs lebron an injured wade and a bosh coming off injury :oldlol:
Don't do that to him! :roll:

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM

It's crazy you bring that up. Durant in his first finals still played better than LeBron has yet to in any finals :lol :lol :lol :lol

33 PPG on 65% TS in the goddamn FINALS. Insane shit.

He even came out and locked up LeFlop the first game (While LeFlop hid on Perkins) but the refs put his ass in foul trouble and on the bench for the next 3 games :lol

That series had the potential to be epic had the refs not rigged it for Miami though. Durant scored 16 4th quarter points in game 1 and did the same in game 2 :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
The dude is about to sign a 30M per year endorsement deal playing in the smallest market in the NBA.... LMAO!

You said he would win Finals MVP last season. :confusedshrug:

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:50 PM
It's crazy you bring that up. Durant in that finals still played better than LeBron has yet to in any finals :lol :lol :lol :lol

:roll: :applause:

This is so true. Dude should hand that FMVP over. Durant was way more deserving.

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
:roll: :applause:

This is so true. Dude should hand that FMVP over. Durant was way more deserving.

Watching the media after game 1 of the finals was hilarious shit.

"Durant came out and accpeted the challenge on the biggest stage and defended LeBron and did a good job. Now we'd like to see LeBron come out and do the same!"

The next game, LeBron still comes out on Perkins, Durant comes out on LeBron, difference is Durant instantly starts getting in BS foul trouble this time around. Yet in KD's game tying shot with the ref literally INCHES away with LeBron blatantly fouling him.... no call. The league had capped off one of the greatest rigged runs in NBA history.

OKC would have went up 2-0 that series with anything even remotely resembling fair officiating in game 2. That doesn't help get the media darling LeBron get gifted his first ring though, does it?

Lebronxrings
08-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Trolling so weak.

Lebronxrings
08-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Also if Durant doesn't win this year, its an epic choke worse then 2011 finals lebron.

fpliii
08-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Why? Wouldn't that mean a deficiency in the team?
Likely, but it'd look cool. :confusedshrug:

dubeta
08-05-2014, 04:57 PM
It's crazy you bring that up. Durant in his first finals still played better than LeBron has yet to in any finals :lol :lol :lol :lol

He even came out and locked up LeFlop the first game (While LeFlop hid on Perkins) but the refs put his ass in foul trouble and on the bench for the next 3 games :lol

That series had the potential to be epic had the refs not rigged it for Miami though. Durant scored 16 4th quarter points in game 1 and did the same in game 2 :oldlol:

Charlmers was dropping 25 on KD I remember :oldlol:

And he averaged more turnovers than assists

Didn't rebound much

No defense

Stat padded during garbage time, did nothing when the game was close

Was supposed to be fouled out of game 2 but refs let him stay

Therefore if this was durants 'highlight' finals then it's pretty sad :cheers:

Probably hurt his team more than he helped

russwest0
08-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Probably hurt his team more than he helped

It was hard to make out your message from your incoherence but with this quote I assume that you're talking about playoff James Harden...? Don't even get me started on that loser.... :facepalm

Pulling that bullshit in the Finals and then demanding the max.... :facepalm

Fudge
08-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Watching the media after game 1 of the finals was hilarious shit.

"Durant came out and accpeted the challenge on the biggest stage and defended LeBron and did a good job. Now we'd like to see LeBron come out and do the same!"

The next game, LeBron still comes out on Perkins, Durant comes out on LeBron, difference is Durant instantly starts getting in BS foul trouble this time around. Yet in KD's game tying shot with the ref literally INCHES away with LeBron blatantly fouling him.... no call. The league had capped off one of the greatest rigged runs in NBA history.

OKC would have went up 2-0 that series with anything even remotely resembling fair officiating in game 2. That doesn't help get the media darling LeBron get gifted his first ring though, does it?
Biggest fukking no call in Finals history on that last play. OKC got jobbed. And if they did go into MIA with a 2-0 lead, I would fully expect them to win at least 1 of the 3 games there. Oh and while were on this topic, the Finals format easily favored Miami. Another fair point to bring up.

edrick
08-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately for OKC, Durant was still a shitty passer during those Finals. OKC may have won that series if Durant did more than scoring.

russwest0
08-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Biggest fukking no call in Finals history on that last play. OKC got jobbed. And if they did go into MIA with a 2-0 lead, I would fully expect them to win at least 1 of the 3 games there. Oh and while were on this topic, the Finals format easily favored Miami. Another fair point to bring up.

Game 3 had even worse officiating than Game 2 did as well. Durant at one point jab stepped, didn't even touch Wade who was defending him, and then got sent to the bench in foul trouble for it :lol

He comes back in, cleanly blocks Wade (didn't make any body contact or do anything close to foul at all) and he's sent to the bench again with another foul :lol

Durant was a killer that year. Bron was being a bitch and hiding on Perkins, and Wade had to guard KD. At one point Durant hit a shot with Wade DRAPED ALL OVER HIM and then backed down the court saying "You're too small" basically calling LeBron a bitch for forcing the 6'4 Wade to have to guard KD :oldlol:

Kingwillball
08-05-2014, 05:02 PM
KD will never be as good as Lebron get over it..

russwest0
08-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately for OKC, Durant was still a shitty passer during those Finals. OKC may have won that series if Durant did more than scoring.

Yeah, why didn't he pass it more to Perkins, Thabo, and Harden... :facepalm

Not everyone gets a supporting cast of Wade, Bosh, Miller, Battier, Allen, Birdman, Haslem, etc....

Fudge
08-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Game 3 had even worse officiating than Game 2 did as well. Durant at one point jab stepped, didn't even touch Wade who was defending him, and then got sent to the bench in foul trouble for it :lol

He comes back in, cleanly blocks Wade (didn't make any body contact or do anything close to foul at all) and he's sent to the bench again with another foul :lol

Durant was a killer that year. Bron was being a bitch and hiding on Perkins, and Wade had to guard KD. At one point Durant hit a shot with Wade DRAPED ALL OVER HIM and then backed down the court saying "You're too small" basically calling LeBron a bitch for forcing the 6'4 Wade to have to guard KD :oldlol:
:roll: DurGOD shitting on nighas.

I didn't watch Game 3 and on in that series. I got sent to rehab, at the worst time possible. But I kinda felt that it was over, especially after that ref job in Game 2. I knew we didn't have a chance blowing one at home, then having the next 3 in Miami. We were fukked from there. Refs were just too much.

KyrieTheFuture
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't think you know what hype means...

and no one in the top 10 has one ring

Fox
08-05-2014, 05:07 PM
ITT salty OKC fans trying to rationalize why LeGOAT and co. made their lil bish boy Durant cry :lol

russwest0
08-05-2014, 05:09 PM
If you just take a second, step back, and look at who KD is and how rare of a player he is, it's fukking insane. Not hard to see why he can make 30M a year from one endorsement deal alone.

Dude is taller than GOAT bigman Bill Russell, yet he has the handles of Iverson, and the 3pt shot of Reggie Miller....

I'm proud for my dude cashing out like this in the smallest market in the league. He doesn't need a PR team of 10+ guys fabricating bullshit for him to make his image look better to do so either. He's just a real dude who people can relate to :cheers:

Fudge
08-05-2014, 05:10 PM
If you just take a second, step back, and look at who KD is and how rare of a player he is, it's fukking insane. Not hard to see why he can make 30M a year from one endorsement deal alone.

Dude is taller than GOAT bigman Bill Russell, has the handles of Iverson, and the 3pt shot of Reggie Miller....
Work ethic like Kobe Bryant and the mentality of Michael Jordan.

SOD 21
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM

Technically, the Utah Jazz and New Orleans Pelicans have smaller metro areas that Oklahoma City. That makes Oklahoma City the third smallest market in the league.

But your point is still the same, that marketshare mandatory for making big time endorsement dollars.

dubeta
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Nothing to see here ISH just russwess and fudges daily circlejerk of dubeta

Dudes dodging every response in this thread :oldlol:

russwest0
08-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Work ethic like Kobe Bryant and the mentality of Michael Jordan.

He's like Kobe/MJ/Dirk/Iverson/Miller wrapped into one.

If he played in a large market the hype and constant media coverage would be unlike anything we've ever seen since Jordan. I don't think KD is the type of guy who wants that attention though, while guys like LeBron come across as desperate for it :oldlol:

riseagainst
08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Nothing to see here ISH just russwess and fudges daily circlejerk of dubeta

Dudes dodging every response in this thread :oldlol:

why would they circlejerk you? That's disgusting.

LoneyROY7
08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
He's like Kobe/MJ/Dirk/Iverson/Miller wrapped into one.

If he played in a large market the hype and constant media coverage would be unlike anything we've ever seen since Jordan. I don't think KD is the type of guy who wants that attention though, while guys like LeBron come across as desperate for it :oldlol:

:lol

JT123
08-05-2014, 05:16 PM

Durant stans have resorted to straight up lying about their boy's stats. What a joke! :roll:

riseagainst
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Durant stans have resorted to straight up lying about their boy's stats. What a joke! :roll:

31ppg on 65TS, still insane.

rlsmooth775
08-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Durant is the most overrated player of all time. Great player in December and January than gets embarrassed on live tv getting shutdown by point guards the dude is 7 feet tall. He isn't even the best player on his team

dubeta
08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Durant is the most overrated player of all time. Great player in December and January than gets embarrassed on live tv getting shutdown by point guards the dude is 7 feet tall. He isn't even the best player on his team
:applause:

perennial loser

tony allen and cp3 live rent free in his head

Inferno
08-05-2014, 05:26 PM

Come on breh, no excuses. I'm all in for my Warriors :pimp:

JT123
08-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Empty stats. He didn't score at all in the clutch when his team really needed him. In b4 russwest0 cries about that "foul" in game 2. If getting tapped on the knee is a foul then Lebron should average 20 free throws per game. :lol

K Xerxes
08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Keeping it real, Durant obviously underperformed in the playoffs compared to his regular season. A lot of the blame should go to Brooks for his inability to utilise Durant (and Westbrook) effectively in a half court offense, but there is no excuse for such a gifted 6'10 shooter to shit the bed against midgets. He played poorly in both the Memphis and Spurs series.

I'll be expecting another great regular season for him, but he needs to translate it into the playoffs.

russwest0

To date the GOAT Finals performance for any player 23 years old or younger. :pimp:

JT123
/thread

K Xerxes
08-05-2014, 05:29 PM
To date the GOAT Finals performance for any player 23 years old or younger. :pimp:

:facepalm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1980_finals.html

riseagainst
08-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Empty stats. He didn't score at all in the clutch when his team really needed him. In b4 russwest0 cries about that "foul" in game 2. If getting tapped on the knee is a foul then Lebron should average 20 free throws per game. :lol

so what is the difference between Durant in 2012 and lebron in 2014, in the finals, in the way they scored? Why does lebron get a pass because he scored 28points on 57%? Where were the clutch points "when his team really needed him"?

russwest0
08-05-2014, 05:30 PM
:facepalm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1980_finals.html

:facepalm I meant after Magic since everyone already knows about what he did as a rook.

K Xerxes
08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
:facepalm I meant after Magic since everyone already knows about what he did as a rook.

Sure you did. :facepalm :facepalm

Duncan put up 27-14 in the 99 finals - won FMVP too.
Shaq put up 28-13-6 on Hakeem and the Rockets in the 95 finals.

JT123
08-05-2014, 05:39 PM
so what is the difference between Durant in 2012 and lebron in 2014, in the finals? Why does lebron get a pass because he scored 28points on 57%? Where were the clutch points "when his team really needed him"?
Only game Lebron had the opportunity to be clutch was game 2, and he closed the deal. In game 1 he suffered an injury that was beyond his control, and the other 3 games were over by halftime.
Durant's teammates put him in position to win games 2-4, and he wet the bed in the clutch.

Kvnzhangyay
08-05-2014, 05:40 PM

1.7 assists per game and 3 turnovers per game = GOAT???

edrick
08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, why didn't he pass it more to Perkins, Thabo, and Harden... :facepalm

Not everyone gets a supporting cast of Wade, Bosh, Miller, Battier, Allen, Birdman, Haslem, etc....

Are you telling me that Durant hasn't greatly improved his passing these past two years? :rolleyes:

russwest0
08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Are you telling me that Durant hasn't greatly improved his passing these past two years? :rolleyes:

He has but his supporting cast in that finals played awful aside from Westbrook, who isn't really a guy you can get assists from.

JT123
08-05-2014, 05:44 PM
1.7 assists per game and 3 turnovers per game = GOAT???
His rebounding was shitty as well, he had like 2 boards in game 3. :oldlol:
Much like their idol, Durant stans think scoring is the only thing that matters. :facepalm

knickswoman
08-05-2014, 08:00 PM
as long as OKC doesn't get rid of the cancer, theyre not winning anything.

raprap
08-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Championship or bust. Will westbrook get over the hump? Im rooting for them. :applause:

Mr. Incredible
08-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Won't even make it to the Finals IMO

russwest0
08-06-2014, 08:05 PM
as long as OKC doesn't get rid of the cancer, theyre not winning anything.

Scott Brooks :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I know man, I know. I have no idea why they didn't can his ass after his horrible coaching in the playoffs.