PDA

View Full Version : TIL: Spurs also have the best Euroleague coach

jzek
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Ho Lee Fukk so not only are the Spurs stacked player-wise but they're also stacked coach-wise! :facepalm

Resume of their assistant coach:

* 4 Euroleague championships
* 4 Italian championships
* 5 Russian championships
* COTY in Euroleague 2x
* COTY in Italy 3x
* Euroleague HOF
* Italian HOF

:wtf:

Why couldn't the Cavs hire him instead? :rant

duskovujosevic
08-06-2014, 02:36 AM
if messina is best european coach, then what is Zeljko Obradovic :)

2x Euroleague Coach of the Year (2007, 2011)
3x Greek League Coach of the Year (2007, 2009, 2011)
50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors
Turkish Basketball League (2014)
Turkish Super Cup (2013)
8x Euroleague champion: (1992, 1994, 1995, 2000, 2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
11x Greek League champion (2000, 2001, 2003–2011)
7x Greek Cup champion (2003, 2005–2009, 2012)
2x Saporta Cup champion (1997, 1999)
Italian Super Cup champion (1997)
Yugoslav League champion (1992)
Yugoslav Cup champion (1992)

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Ho Lee Fukk so not only are the Spurs stacked player-wise but they're also stacked coach-wise! :facepalm

* COTY in Euroleague 2x
* COTY in Italy 3x
* Euroleague HOF
* Italian HOF

He was more like top 15 in Euroleague.

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=duskovujosevic]if messina is best european coach, then what is Zeljko Obradovic :)

2x Euroleague Coach of the Year (2007, 2011)
3x Greek League Coach of the Year (2007, 2009, 2011)
50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors
Turkish Basketball League (2014)
Turkish Super Cup (2013)
8x Euroleague champion: (1992, 1994, 1995, 2000, 2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
11x Greek League champion (2000, 2001, 2003

Dragic4Life
08-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Collusion anyone?

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Collusion anyone?

Messina is nowhere near to being the best coach from Europe. You won't find a single European basketball fan here that will say he was the best coach in Europe. I guarantee that.

With that being said.....he is still better than most NBA coaches to be honest about it.

DukeDelonte13
08-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Messina is nowhere near to being the best coach from Europe. You won't find a single European basketball fan here that will say he was the best coach in Europe. I guarantee that.

With that being said.....he is still better than most NBA coaches to be honest about it.

Can you compare and contrast Blatt and Messina?

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Can you compare and contrast Blatt and Messina?

Basically same coach. Except that Blatt is obsessed with small ball and American style offense and Messina isn't. Although in recent years Messina did nothing in CSKA's offense but have Sonny Weems chuck bad shots all game long.

But they have the same type of mentality and style. Both of them are extremely overrated.

I prefer Blatt though. That's as a coach. As a person Messina is much better.

duskovujosevic
08-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Almost as overrated as Messina.

:roll: :roll:

lmao, salty oly fan. you forgot how zeljko raped your ass for almost decade.

rigging blah, blah, blah, panata's owners buying refs, blah, blah, blah.

the most interesting is that zeljko trashed spanoulis like van gundy, that makes him GOAT European coach in modern era.

Oly BC
08-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Obradovic made it to top16 wuth fener while given a blank check to sign players.
Messina was fired from CSKA for yet again failing to even make the final while having the biggest budget.

Last time Spanoulis met Obradovic this happened :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRDcIO0fzC8

Cactus-Sack
08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
If you'd watched any CSKA games last season you wouldn't be saying that. There is a reason he's on the same level as Becky Hammon.

rmt
08-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Hopefully the new hires (women's and Euroleague basketball) bring in fresh, new, innovative ideas for Pop to experiment with. Can't get stale doing the same old, same old.

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 10:37 PM
:roll: :roll:

lmao, salty oly fan. you forgot how zeljko raped your ass for almost decade.

rigging blah, blah, blah, panata's owners buying refs, blah, blah, blah.

the most interesting is that zeljko trashed spanoulis like van gundy, that makes him GOAT European coach in modern era.

Like I have said over and over, I am a PAO fan.

SexSymbol
08-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Everybody's overrated to you, lol.
You just don't know anything about European basketball

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Obradovic made it to top16 wuth fener while given a blank check to sign players.
Messina was fired from CSKA for yet again failing to even make the final while having the biggest budget.

Obradovic could not get past Top 16 THREE TIMES with 35 million euros budgets.

TWICE with Panathinaikos (2008, 2010) and already in his first year with Fener last year (2014).

And none of this nonsense about Greek League and Greek Cup that Pao only fan and Diamantidis only fans bring up matters. They are lunatics and every sane person knows that.

It is all rigged and everyone knows it is rigged. Every single Panathinaikos fan knows it is rigged.

The fact anyone would even mention any of that just shows how pathetic a person they are to mention something like that.

Obradovic is extremely overrated and only some real fan boys don't get that. He's not as overrated as Messina, but he's near to that territory.

And to list that he won Euroleague.....big deal.

So what? Like Messina won 4 championships with ridiculously stacked teams that no one could compete with. Well, Obradovic won with ridiculously stacked teams in Real Madrid and Panathinaikos that no one could compete with. The SAME way.

The actual true telling thing was how Messina LOST all the time in CSKA in so many final fours with superior teams and how Obradovic could not even get out of the top 16, despite having top budgets in Europe.

They are both basically dinosaurs on their philosophies as compared to modern Euroleague coaching, that refuse to adapt.

The sad part though is that in comparison to most NBA coaches, they are ahead of their time.

Smook A.
08-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Like I have said over and over, I am a PAO fan.
You're an Olympiacos fan

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Last time Spanoulis met Obradovic this happened :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRDcIO0fzC8

Obradovic said Spanoulis was the best player he ever coached when he was in PAO. Then when he signed with Olympiacos he suddenly became the worst ever.

Obradovic has always been an a-hole.

But at least he learned to keep his mouth shut in recent years about Spanoulis. After that game, he had "no comment" when asked about Spanoulis.

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Euroleague
08-06-2014, 10:50 PM
You're an Olympiacos fan

No. I'm a fan of Panathinaikos. Two different teams. I was supporting them for a long time ever since they were winning in Europe.

My father was an AEK fan and I grew up to support them. But they have not even had a team in recent years. So that's basically impossible to support them. Unless you consider just the general idea of the club itself.

They are actually supposed to have a team this year, but they have not yet gotten the new team formed yet, and if they don't then by the end of this month then under the law, they will get dissolved again for several years.

AEK is a very old and historical team in Europe, but unfortunately it had a long list of bad owners and presidents and it ended up in the dust bin of history basically. Maybe it will at least hopefully get a place in Greek league finally again this year. Even if that somehow happens, best case is probably just hoping they don't end up bankrupted again.

The football club was still doing well, and even it started to go to crap and get down in the second division. AEK is supposed to be building a huge new sports complex for the football, basketball, and volleyball clubs and maybe that will change things.

BigMacAttack
08-06-2014, 11:06 PM

* COTY in Euroleague 2x
* COTY in Italy 3x
* Euroleague HOF
* Italian HOF

For some stupid reason I thought that was his name, I was just about to name him the GOAT basketball person ever.:facepalm

fragokota
08-06-2014, 11:37 PM

:biggums:

Obradovic is the best european coach ever.

buddha
08-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Too bad they have a female coach so she pretty much cancels him out.