PDA

View Full Version : Andray Blatche, Emeka Okafor, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden Working Out With Clippers

qrich
08-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Clippers to work out back up Centers this week. Names that will come thru: Andray Blatche, Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum & Emeka Okafor

https://twitter.com/SedanoESPN/statuses/496500972672528385

Legends66NBA7
08-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Blatche is the obvious choice here since he's less injury prone than the other 3. Scary center lineup for the Clippers if this happens.

Jordan/Hawes/Blatche.

oarabbus
08-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Bynum is the biggest scam artist in the NBA. He's so good you really have to admire him, he might be better at it than he is at basketball.

qrich
08-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Blatche is the obvious choice here since he's less injury prone than the other 3. Scary center lineup for the Clippers if this happens.

Jordan/Hawes/Blatche.

I'd take Okafor, but Blatche wouldn't be bad.

A bench big trio of Hawes, Davis and Okafor/Blatche is a scary upgrade over Turkoglu, Jamison, Davis, Mullens and Hollins.

Even a healthy Oden/Bynum at the deteriorated talents they are now would be a scary fifth big upgrade.

senelcoolidge
08-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Oden and Bynum are done. I think a healthy Okafor would be the best bet. Blatche would not be a bad pick up either.

oarabbus
08-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I'd take Okafor, but Blatche wouldn't be bad.

A bench big trio of Hawes, Davis and Okafor/Blatche is a scary upgrade over Turkoglu, Jamison, Davis, Mullens and Hollins.

Even a healthy Oden/Bynum at the deteriorated talents they are now would be a scary fifth big upgrade.

I'd take Blatche out of that group. Talk about one hell of an injury prone group, Blatche is definitely the safest option there by far. Yeah if you could guarantee a healthy Okafor you'd take him but... you can't guarantee that.

Blatche would be a weapon on the boards during the times Jordan sits. Hawes is extremely underrated too. Clippers quietly making moves :biggums:

Lebronxrings
08-05-2014, 11:32 PM
why are the clippers looking for big men?

They have griffin,davis jordan, and hawes. How can you give more minutes to these other guys?

04mzwach
08-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Blatche isn't scheduled to work out with the Clippers

Akrazotile
08-05-2014, 11:35 PM
I feel like theres a reason all of those guys have to go through team workouts just to potenially be offered minimum contracts. Theyre simply not reliable. Sure theres a chance they end up providing some kind of meaningful boost to the team, but the probability is they wont have any sort of real impact whatsoever.

qrich
08-05-2014, 11:35 PM
I'd take Blatche out of that group. Talk about one hell of an injury prone group, Blatche is definitely the safest option there by far. Yeah if you could guarantee a healthy Okafor you'd take him but... you can't guarantee that.

Blatche would be a weapon on the boards during the times Jordan sits. Hawes is extremely underrated too. Clippers quietly making moves :biggums:

It might be an injury prone trio and a headcase, but like I said, compared to our depth up front last year, any is a huge upgrade, even if they were the key backup versus last year.

Blatche's athleticism and rebounding would be solid, though, I'm just worried about him whining due to lack of playing time behind Blake/DJ/Davis/Hawes.

qrich
08-05-2014, 11:37 PM
why are the clippers looking for big men?

They have griffin,davis jordan, and hawes. How can you give more minutes to these other guys?

Yes, adding more depth is horrible.

I feel like theres a reason all of those guys have to go through team workouts just to potenially be offered minimum contracts. Theyre simply not reliable. Sure theres a chance they end up providing some kind of meaningful boost to the team, but the probability is they wont have any sort of real impact whatsoever.

A fifth big rarely has huge impact, but any would be good insurance policies in case DJ/Blake get hurt.

Akrazotile
08-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Yes, adding more depth is horrible.

A fifth big rarely has huge impact, but any would be good insurance policies in case DJ/Blake get hurt.

I guess, altho if those guys get hurt its a surrendered season anyway. In that case Id prob rather have some young, hungry no-name come in and kill it in meaningless games to actually creat some trade value for himself. Unfortunately nobodys ever going to trade for Bynum or Oden again :(

Except maybe the Knicks :oldlol:

BigTicket
08-06-2014, 02:41 AM
If Okafor is willing to sign for the minimum, I would love to see him in a Cavs uniform next year. He could get more minutes and a better chance at a ring than what the Clippers can offer.

LoneyROY7
08-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Meh.

G-train
08-06-2014, 03:00 AM
I'd take none of them.
Would have thought Oden would re-sign with Heat though.
Not sure how this guy got the names, I doubt some of it.
Blatche doesn't need to work out, and I highly doubt Bynum/Oden would be of interest to them.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Blatche gives them every look in the post. Plenty of versatility. They would have guys who can score in the post, have mid J's, can go off the dribble, and shoot from the perimeter.

But I'm looking at the depth chart and they need defense. I would go Okafor if you can get him at vet min and be somewhat sure he's healthy. Why aren't they upgrading at SF tho?

QuebecBaller
08-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Wasn't Bynum supposed to sit the entire season to get healthy?

uber
08-06-2014, 05:19 AM
I guess, altho if those guys get hurt its a surrendered season anyway. In that case Id prob rather have some young, hungry no-name come in and kill it in meaningless games to actually creat some trade value for himself. Unfortunately nobodys ever going to trade for Bynum or Oden again :(

Except maybe the Knicks :oldlol:

yep, phil jackson is known for dumb trades .. oh wait

To4
08-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Blatche is the best out of all of them. Dunno why ISH doesn't like him..

bagelred
08-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Andray Blatche, Emeka Okafor, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden Working Out With Clippers

This is definitely reality show material. The four of them should live in a house together and they should film their lives while competing for one Clippers roster spot. Television gold.

JohnFreeman
08-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Come to SAC blatche

hawkfan
08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
This is definitely reality show material. The four of them should live in a house together and they should film their lives while competing for one Clippers roster spot. Television gold.

Blatche should come to the Hawks.

jbryan1984
08-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Wow and they already got a pretty nice starting and back up center. They looking to really close those lanes.