PDA

View Full Version : NBA rookie survey: rookies choose KD & Kobe as favorite players

TheMarkMadsen
08-06-2014, 07:13 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24650122/rookie-survey-picks-jabari-parker-as-likely-roy-best-career-too?v=1&vc=2

KD & Kobe.

Bran was a distant 3rd.

Interesting as Lebron came into the league when most of these guys were around 8 or 9.. They've spent their childhood watching Lebrons career. While KD has only been see as a top dog for a few years and Kobe is an old guy.

KD & Kobe get the respect from the new generation of ballers :bowdown: :applause:

GODbe
08-06-2014, 07:15 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

#number6ix#
08-06-2014, 07:16 PM
they picked KD kobe and bron as their favorites over the rest of the players in the league

Im so nba'd out
08-06-2014, 07:18 PM
no wonder all the rookies were shit last season....not counting mcw

navy
08-06-2014, 07:19 PM
That's nice.

Akrazotile
08-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Every rookie wants to some day surpass his favorite player.

These dudes are just tryin to keep it realistic.

no pun intended
08-06-2014, 07:25 PM
You're missing the bigger question here.

How the hell did Lamar Odom receive a vote?

russwest0
08-06-2014, 07:26 PM
LeBron's peers don't respect him. This isn't news. It looks like now that the Kobe generation of players is starting to pass, we are now finally reaching the Durant generation.

JerrySeinfeld
08-06-2014, 07:42 PM
This is actually pretty surprising to me considering how many commercials I remember seeing LeBron in last year. It was way more than Durant or Kobe.

played0ut
08-06-2014, 07:48 PM
ah, the next generation. I remember when kids watched MJ and wanted to be like him. :(

Lebronxrings
08-06-2014, 07:56 PM
they cheer for the lesser players. Its no fun for everyone to cheer for the omega male ball player.

SexSymbol
08-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Seriously, LeBron is really not respected at all

Natureland
08-06-2014, 07:59 PM
This is actually pretty surprising to me considering how many commercials I remember seeing LeBron in last year. It was way more than Durant or Kobe.
Yeah even I'm kinda surprised by KD's popularity at times. But then I have to remember the outside world doesn't work like ISH so everyone's not going around calling him a "beta" and shit. :lol

Fudge
Seriously, LeBron is really not respected at all
Nobody likes a beta.

Lebronxrings
lol@ giannis getting a vote.

Akrazotile
08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
The real reason is bc guys watch and admire jump shooters since it's much easier to emulate that than try and be as physically dominant as Lebron.

russwest0
08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
lol@ giannis getting a vote.

Hm, I wonder who that was?

http://img.youtube.com/vi/u68yXib_qa8/0.jpg

russwest0
08-06-2014, 08:01 PM
The real reason is bc guys watch and admire jump shooters since it's much easier to emulate that than try and be as physically dominant as Lebron.

So if they did this poll in the 90s everyone would have picked Reggie Miller and Dr. J over the physically dominant Jordan?

Hey Yo
08-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Finally......a stat that has KD and Kobe > Lebron.

Now we'll have to wait even longer for the next one, that doesn't mean anything.

russwest0
08-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Finally......a stat that has KD and Kobe > Lebron.

Now we'll have to wait even longer for the next one, that doesn't mean anything.

KD beat LeBron in PER last season, and PER was basically created by ESPN just to pimp up LeBron :lol

Angel Face
08-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Game's aesthetics and no one respects Lebron. Lebron has an ugly game. Kids like artistry and smooth game. The reason why kids pick MJ over all of them even though they only watched him on youtube.

Hey Yo
08-06-2014, 08:16 PM
KD beat LeBron in PER last season, and PER was basically created by ESPN just to pimp up LeBron :lol
The thread is just about KD?

I thought Kobe was KD's tag team partner?

dubeta
08-06-2014, 08:17 PM

take ft gifts into account (1-2 extra FT's) and lebrons PER wouldve been higher

Take that in, KD's peak statpadding ballhogging season was not even better than Bran's coasting season :applause: :bowdown:

russwest0
08-06-2014, 08:18 PM
The thread is just about KD?

I thought Kobe was KD's tag team partner?

Well KD came it at first with 25% of the rookies having him as their favorite player.

Thats over twice as many votes as LeBron got and LeBron was in like 5x more commercials than any other player last year...

:wtf: Is it the flopping that players don't like? The ringchasing in his prime? The disrespecting of all time greats and his peers? The over-coverage on ESPN?

I could understand KD having a slight lead over LeBron, but over 2x as amny votes with 35 y/o Kobe coming in 2nd place after having not played for a whole year.... :wtf:

dubeta
08-06-2014, 08:18 PM
On a side note this proves how beta todays rookies are

All of them admit LeBron is BY FAR the best player in the game, but they choose to admire second tier players

Oh well betas gonna beta

STATUTORY
08-06-2014, 08:21 PM
lebron is not respected by his peers. this has been well established

SexSymbol
08-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I love how LeBron stans are catching feelings over this.
I don't get how they can't be like kobe and durant stans and just get along and respect the player even if they aren't their favorite one

TheMarkMadsen
08-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Imagine if KD or Kobe got the constant ESPN hype like Lebron. They would have ran away with 40%+ of the vote

LongLiveTheKing
08-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Id bet that the worst rookies picked Kobe and KD.
The best players picked LeBron

Hey Yo
08-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Well KD came it at first with 25% of the rookies having him as their favorite player.

Thats over twice as many votes as LeBron got and LeBron was in like 5x more commercials than any other player last year...

:wtf: Is it the flopping that players don't like? The ringchasing in his prime? The disrespecting of all time greats and his peers? The over-coverage on ESPN?

I could understand KD having a slight lead over LeBron, but over 2x as amny votes with 35 y/o Kobe coming in 2nd place after having not played for a whole year.... :wtf:
The survey means nothing. You're reaching more than Stretch Armstrong.

TheMarkMadsen
08-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Id bet that the worst rookies picked Kobe and KD.
The best players picked LeBron

The best player can't even enjoy his moment of being the top pick because Lebron is busy shipping him out for more all stars

SexSymbol
08-06-2014, 08:29 PM
:applause: :applause: :bowdown:
The best player can't even enjoy his moment of being the top pick because Lebron is busy shipping him out for more all stars

russwest0
08-06-2014, 08:29 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LongLiveTheKing
08-06-2014, 08:30 PM
This has nothing to do with what I said.

Hey Yo
08-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Imagine if KD or Kobe got the constant ESPN hype like Lebron. They would have ran away with 40%+ of the vote
KD tried with his back packs but gave them up this year.

Kobe could have got more hype if he wasn't arrested and charged with rape.

dubeta
08-06-2014, 08:32 PM

LOL not sure if serious :oldlol:

LeBron leaves the stacked Heat to join the young Cavs. He wants to mentor Wiggins and help develop him.

But wiggins doesnt want to be a sidekick to lebron (ala kobe) and would rather be the main dog in Twolves

So Wiggins sabotages his way there, whats lebron supposed to do?

SexSymbol
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
LOL not sure if serious :oldlol:

LeBron leaves the stacked Heat to join the young Cavs. He wants to mentor Wiggins and help develop him.

But wiggins doesnt want to be a sidekick to lebron (ala kobe) and would rather be the main dog in Twolves

So Wiggins sabotages his way there, whats lebron supposed to do?
http://www.videogameologists.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/spongebob_imagination.png

knickswoman
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
because kobe improvised jordans game thus the 5 rings and Durant improvised both of their games. Meanwhile stupid LeBron trying to improvise birds and robertsons game which Jordan has proven as not effective with his 32 8 8 season. And worse is that there are really people who believe these type of players are better than the jordans when theres enough evidence(Iverson, Marbury, westbrook) already that they are cancerous to team play

knickswoman
08-06-2014, 08:43 PM

LOL that's why bran cant score in the clutch moments. Bran stans proving they are the dumbest on this board