PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love is adorable

SpecialQue
08-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 58m

As for extension agreement with Cavs, league source says Love may decide to wait until next summer and "do whatever LeBron does."

Homie's going into full Ray Allen mode. Lovestruck as fvck! :applause:

Le Shaqtus
08-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Everyone is a bunch of bitches in this league, God damn.

LoneyROY7
08-07-2014, 01:28 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Lebron says he loves how competitive the league is but does he really if he's pretty much cheating by recruiting all star and all star to his teams?

Rocketswin2013
08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Fuvking Chris Bosh syndrome.

Shameless :facepalm

SpecialQue
08-07-2014, 01:39 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/3b9889309098407a58e8eb54b7b9842d/tumblr_n9y6d6KNi01tfn6p6o1_500.jpg

aj1987
08-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Lebron says he loves how competitive the league is but does he really if he's pretty much cheating by recruiting all star and all star to his teams?
It's LeBron's fault that Love, Allen, etc. are willing to take pay cuts to play with him?

Springsteen
08-07-2014, 01:42 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/3b9889309098407a58e8eb54b7b9842d/tumblr_n9y6d6KNi01tfn6p6o1_500.jpg

:applause:

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 01:42 PM
It's LeBron's fault that Love, Allen, etc. are willing to take pay cuts to play with him?
Notice that I never said anything was his fault.

aj1987
08-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Notice that I never said anything was his fault.
True, but saying that LeBron is "cheating", when he's demanding the max and others are taking pay cuts is wrong. You should blame Love, Allen, and others for taking a pay cut. If LeBron was making anything less than the max, I'd agree with you, but he got the max.

navy
08-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Cheating?

inclinerator
08-07-2014, 01:49 PM
http://i.minus.com/iEXieArOu2THl.gif

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 01:51 PM
True, but saying that LeBron is "cheating", when he's demanding the max and others are taking pay cuts is wrong. You should blame Love, Allen, and others for taking a pay cut. If LeBron was making anything less than the max, I'd agree with you, but he got the max.
Love isn't taking a pay cut, but maybe cheating was the wrong word. Bending the rules? I've thought that Lebron had conversation with Wade, Bosh, Love although there's no proof.

pegasus
08-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Maybe he means if Lebron leaves he leaves, but not necessarily for the same destination.

navy
08-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Love isn't taking a pay cut, but maybe cheating was the wrong word. Bending the rules? I've thought that Lebron had conversation with Wade, Bosh, Love although there's no proof.
Players are allowed to get together and discuss whatever they want.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Players are allowed to get together and discuss whatever they want.
The point I'm trying to make is that Lebron is cutting out competition by recruiting star players.

aj1987
08-07-2014, 02:00 PM
What's wrong with that? Love's not taking a pay cut and the NBA has a salary cap. It's not like they're spending $200M like the Nets did. If I'm not mistaken, the Cavs are 17th in the league.

navy
08-07-2014, 02:06 PM
The point I'm trying to make is that Lebron is cutting out competition by recruiting star players.
Are you saying players should be content with shit rosters?

Im going to make a compilation thread later, but players have been demanding trades since the Oscar Robertson days. Get over it.

ArbitraryWater
08-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Stupid LeBron everyone wanting to play with him :rant What a stupid guy :rant

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Are you saying players should be content with shit rosters?

Im going to make a compilation thread later, but players have been demanding trades since the Oscar Robertson days. Get over it.
I'm not saying they should be content, but that's not the players job in the end. It's the staff's responsibility. The player's job is to play basketball.

Beastmode88
08-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Stupid LeBron everyone wanting to play with him :rant What a stupid guy :rant

BUT BUT MJ NEEDED SCOTTIE!!!!!!! Lol this just goes to show how much of a joke you stans are. Lebron couldn't do anything without help ie Miami and new Cleveland roster.

Dragic4Life
08-07-2014, 02:10 PM
MJ had prime Pippen, prime Rodman, prime Kukoc, prime Kerr....

Cut Lebron some slack.:facepalm

navy
08-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm not saying they should be content, but that's not the players job in the end. It's the staff's responsibility. The player's job is to play basketball.
Why let inept staff determine your future when you are legally capable of it yourself? Makes no sense.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Why let inept staff determine your future when you are legally capable of it yourself? Makes no sense.
That's the easy way. There's something great about building a team rather than manufacturing one. Lebron is pretty much taking the recruiting into his own hands and manufacturing teams in one season.

navy
08-07-2014, 02:24 PM
That's the easy way. There's something great about building a team rather than manufacturing one. Lebron is pretty much taking the recruiting into his own hands and manufacturing teams in one season.
There is nothing great about building a team outside of you saying it because that's how you want it to be. Great teams can be bought or built.

Do you realie how silly it is to expect to build a good team when you have a player like Lebron who is good enough to take you out of the lottery? So what what you want 25th picks in the draft? Nice building blocks. :oldlol:

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
There is nothing great about building a team outside of you saying it because that's how you want it to be. Great teams can be bought or built.

Do you realie how silly it is to expect to build a good team when you have a player like Lebron who is good enough to take you out of the lottery? So what what you want 25th picks in the draft? Nice building blocks. :oldlol:

It's about competition. A player from one team doesn't call up to another player of another team and laugh and joke. It's not like they can't get along. In the end, Lebron's teams won't be measured the same as a team like the Spurs. Taking the shortcut is maybe the choice that Lebron has made. It doesn't have to be looked on as a better way to do things. You can say it's all about winning, but there's more to it than that. :confusedshrug: How do you feel if you play a 2k game and force trades to get a better team?

aj1987
08-07-2014, 02:42 PM
It's about competition. A player from one team doesn't call up to another player of another team and laugh and joke. It's not like they can't get along. In the end, Lebron's teams won't be measured the same as a team like the Spurs. Taking the shortcut is maybe the choice that Lebron has made. It doesn't have to be looked on as a better way to do things. You can say it's all about winning, but there's more to it than that. :confusedshrug: How do you feel if you play a 2k game and force trades to get a better team?
From my earlier post:

What's wrong with that? Love's not taking a pay cut and the NBA has a salary cap. It's not like they're spending $200M like the Nets did. If I'm not mistaken, the Cavs are 17th in the league (in team salaries). Irving got the max, LeBron got the max, Love is gonna get the max. They're not taking pay cuts and they're not spending money like the Nets.

Again, what's the problem? Where's the "shortcut"? Where's the "cheating"? You do realize that Duncan took a couple of pay cuts, right? As did Parker and Manu (if I'm not mistaken). Isn't that "cheating"?

navy
08-07-2014, 02:45 PM
The only measurement is how much you win and how good you are. That is what history remembers. Not names that were hyped up in the years the teams were built.

Why would I be mad about a better team in a 2K game? :oldlol:

Haymaker
08-07-2014, 02:46 PM
http://www.gq.com/images/sports/2014/02/kevin-love/kevin-love-gq-magazine-march-2014-nba-basketball-hair-style.jpg

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 02:47 PM
From my earlier post:

What's wrong with that? Love's not taking a pay cut and the NBA has a salary cap. It's not like they're spending $200M like the Nets did. If I'm not mistaken, the Cavs are 17th in the league (in team salaries). Irving got the max, LeBron got the max, Love is gonna get the max. They're not taking pay cuts and they're not spending money like the Nets.

Again, what's the problem? Where's the "shortcut"? Where's the "cheating"? You do realize that Duncan took a couple of pay cuts, right? As did Parker and Manu (if I'm not mistaken). Isn't that "cheating"?

Most of the Spurs players were drafted by the Spurs.

BlkMambaGOAT
08-07-2014, 02:48 PM
http://i.minus.com/iEXieArOu2THl.gif
Love be like "I don't participate in tribal dancing"

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 02:49 PM
The only measurement is how much you win and how good you are. That is what history remembers. Not names that were hyped up in the years the teams were built.

Why would I be mad about a better team in a 2K game? :oldlol:
I believe in working for what you get.

aj1987
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Most of the Spurs players were drafted by the Spurs.
You're ignoring everything else.

1. They're not taking pay cuts.
2. The Cav's are 17th in the league in team salary.
3. They're doing nothing against the rules.

Again, how is that "cheating" or "bending the rules". What you're saying that free agency and trades between teams should be removed. Is that it? Also, are you forgetting that the Cavs are going up 2 #1 picks and another future pick for Love? IMO, they should've not traded for Love. Wiggins with his defense would've been a better fit on the Cav's.

Can you also explain how LEBRON is cutting out competition, while there are 16 teams which are spending more money than the Cav's?

StephHamann
08-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Will be great to see Bran fail in the Playoffs. He and Love will leave for the Knicks to join Melo because Bran needs more help.

And the cavs are doomed for years to come.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 02:56 PM
You're ignoring everything else.

1. They're not taking pay cuts.
2. The Cav's are 17th in the league in team salary.
3. They're doing nothing against the rules.

Again, how is that "cheating" or "bending the rules". What you're saying that free agency and trades between teams should be removed. Is that it? Also, are you forgetting that the Cavs are going up 2 #1 picks and another future pick for Love?
It's unfair clearly. If a team can just sign a bunch of star players to a team it's different than developing talent like the Spurs. They're just not look at the same. The Spurs is a team, the Heat are a big 3.

aj1987
08-07-2014, 03:00 PM
It's unfair clearly. If a team can just sign a bunch of star players to a team it's different than developing talent like the Spurs. They're just not look at the same. The Spurs is a team, the Heat are a big 3.
:facepalm

For the last time, how is it unfair when each star player is getting the max and the team is not spending crazy money? 17th in the league...

EDIT: NVM. I'm guessing that in your opinion, free agency and trades between teams should be abolished.

SpecialQue
08-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Goddamn it. I was really hoping this thread would turn into speculation about a Love/Lebron/Allen sexual threesome.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 03:04 PM

For the last time, how is it unfair when each star player is getting the max and the team is not spending crazy money? 17th in the league...

EDIT: NVM. I'm guessing that in your opinion, free agency and trades between teams should be abolished.
It's not a coincidence that Lebron is able to move to Miami and get 2 superstars along with him. Then go to Cleveland as one of the superstars moved to add Love now in the same offseason. Trading shouldn't be abolished. NBA rules aren't going to stop everything.

jzek
08-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Are we still going to act like Pat Riley was responsible for all the Miami Heat signings or can we all agree now that LeBron is the best player AND GM on the planet?

edrick
08-07-2014, 03:05 PM
BUT BUT MJ NEEDED SCOTTIE!!!!!!! Lol this just goes to show how much of a joke you stans are. Lebron couldn't do anything without help ie Miami and new Cleveland roster.

Who the **** has ever won alone? ****ing idiots, I swear.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 03:07 PM

It's destroying the way the league worked mainly. We might as well stop watching the game and see the struggle between a few players for the ability to lure other star players to their team. Let's make a new sport. :lol

aj1987
08-07-2014, 03:08 PM
It's not a coincidence that Lebron is able to move to Miami and get 2 superstars along with him. Then go to Cleveland as one of the superstars moved to add Love now in the same offseason. Trading shouldn't be abolished. NBA rules aren't going to stop everything.
You still don't get my point. Sigh. Just forget about it.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 03:12 PM
You still don't get my point. Sigh. Just forget about it.
I understand. You think that there's nothing wrong because they followed the NBA rules. There's no shortcut and it's completely fair. Acting outside the morals of other players is respectable enough. The talents of NBA players should be used as leverage to create superstar teams.

Milbuck
08-07-2014, 03:15 PM
2003 Tim Duncan is the closest I can think of in recent memory..his #2 in the playoffs was 20 year old TP putting up 15ppg on 47% TS, and his #3 was Stephen Jackson. While TD put up 25/15/5/3/1 on 58% TS overall in the playoffs, with one of the GOAT finals.

ArbitraryWater
08-07-2014, 03:21 PM

What? Are you sure that was supposed to be replied to me?

ArbitraryWater
08-07-2014, 03:22 PM

Only 2011 Dirk and 2003 Duncan :bowdown:

Edit: U mad, Aj? Only them... only them.

aj1987
08-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I understand. You think that there's nothing wrong because they followed the NBA rules. There's no shortcut and it's completely fair. Acting outside the morals of other players is respectable enough. The talents of NBA players should be used as leverage to create superstar teams.
:oldlol:

Ok. One more time. The new "Big 3" are all taking the max. The Cav's is not going WAY over the salary cap. The Cav's traded for players (Love), got one in free agency (LeBron), and drafted the other (Irving). If they're not spending an insane amount of money, that means they they have weaknesses. The Cav's are not a perfect team. They're gonna be terrible defensively and have a mediocre to below average bench.

Only 2011 Dirk and 2003 Duncan :bowdown:
As I said, stop sucking Dirk's and LeBron's dick.

2003 Tim Duncan is the closest I can think of in recent memory..his #2 in the playoffs was 20 year old TP putting up 15ppg on 47% TS, and his #3 was Stephen Jackson. While TD put up 25/15/5/3/1 on 58% TS overall in the playoffs, with one of the GOAT finals.

Duncan, Hakeem, and Shaq ('00), IMO.

04mzwach
08-07-2014, 03:42 PM
:oldlol:

Ok. One more time. The new "Big 3" are all taking the max. The Cav's is not going WAY over the salary cap. The Cav's traded for players (Love), got one in free agency (LeBron), and drafted the other (Irving). If they're not spending an insane amount of money, that means they they have weaknesses. The Cav's are not a perfect team. They're gonna be terrible defensively and have a mediocre to below average bench.

As I said, stop sucking Dirk's and LeBron's dick.

Duncan, Hakeem, and Shaq ('00), IMO.
They just have to "retool." Miami wasn't a perfect situation either, they lacked a center and a good point guard.