PDA

View Full Version : UA offered KD 320+ million + equity.

longhornfan1234
08-07-2014, 02:37 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/YannisNBA/status/497252174569553920

:bowdown: :bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
08-07-2014, 02:39 PM
KD would be dumb not to take this. Especially considering UA basketball is on the rise. And right now, I'd argue they're putting out better performance shoes than Nike. If you're an athlete, and play in them you'd agree. KD's shoes have been getting the creative shaft even aesthetically thanks to energy being spent on Jordan, LeBron, and Kobe.

navy
08-07-2014, 02:42 PM
KD would be dumb not to take this. Especially considering UA basketball is on the rise. And right now, I'd argue they're putting out better performance shoes than Nike. KD's shoes have been getting the creative shaft thanks to energy being spent on Jordan, LeBron, and Kobe.
I dont think Durant actually cares about the creative quality of shoes.

He better take the money and run. Nothing to lose.

320 million though? UA out here destroying the market prices. Then again Derrick Rose got like 200 mill from adidas so the precedent was set.

SamuraiSWISH
08-07-2014, 02:44 PM
320 million, equity in the company, superior performance shoe, based in hometown ... UA basketball can now build their entire brand on KD's feminine shoulders. Where as at Nike, he was at a back seat. Easy choice here Servant.

I dont think Durant actually cares about the creative quality of shoes/
How on earth would you come to such a definitive conclusion?

navy
08-07-2014, 02:49 PM
How on earth would you come to such a definitive conclusion?
How would you come up with another conclusion?

Soundwave
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM
No brainer. Take the money and run. A shoe is just a shoe, they're all $10 of material made in some sweat shop in China.

Beastmode88
08-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm sure the equity part weighed in more than the 320 million. Adidas offered KD a bigger contract before he signed with Nike but KD turned them down saying he never wore adidas or something.

SamuraiSWISH
08-07-2014, 02:57 PM
How would you come up with another conclusion?
I didn't make one. You said he didn't care about the creative quality of the shoe ... you're always talking like you know everything, even when you have nothing to base it on.

All athletes care about comfort while playing. Having your own signature shoe means you're apart of the design process. Colorways, comfort, previous model issues being addressed. LeBron didn't even wear his signature model last year because he had issues with it. No player with a signature doesn't have input into their sneaker.

So how could you come to such a conclusion?

Nike clearly wasn't putting as much effort into his shoes as they were LeBron, and Kobes. They didn't have their best in house designers on his project, and the Nike KDs generally got cheaper materials.

UA product is getting better and better, Nike is getting worse, and worse. Cheaper material, yet charging more. This is a no brainer for KD.

russwest0
08-07-2014, 03:04 PM
and equity in the company so basically he gets to watch his money grow even more as he takes UA to the top?

god damn man.... I'm happy for my man KD....

with the risk of looking like a jackass, is this the biggest shoe contract ever for an athlete? I mean I'm sure Jordan had a massive one in his day but I'd imagine a lot of his total net worth has come from sales from after he was out of the league

Beastmode88
08-07-2014, 03:08 PM
and equity in the company so basically he gets to watch his money grow even more as he takes UA to the top?

god damn man.... I'm happy for my man KD....

with the risk of looking like a jackass, is this the biggest shoe contract ever for an athlete? I mean I'm sure Jordan had a massive one in his day but I'd imagine a lot of his total net worth has come from sales from after he was out of the league

Jordan gets 90 million every year from nike and he's retired. :bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
08-07-2014, 03:08 PM
I mean I'm sure Jordan had a massive one in his day but I'd imagine a lot of his total net worth has come from sales from after he was out of the league
Nah Nike hitched their wagon to MJ, and he basically made that company. Durant has the opprtunity to do the same thing with UA basketball. KD's contract itself is bigger. But MJ's equity, which eventually led to his own brand within Nike's house is why he makes so much money.

russwest0
08-07-2014, 03:09 PM
I didn't make one. You said he didn't care about the creative quality of the shoe ... you're always talking like you know everything, even when you have nothing to base it on.

All athletes care about comfort while playing. Having your own signature shoe means you're apart of the design process. Colorways, comfort, previous model issues being addressed. LeBron didn't even wear his signature model last year because he had issues with it. No player with a signature doesn't have input into their sneaker.

So how could you come to such a conclusion?

Nike clearly wasn't putting as much effort into his shoes as they were LeBron, and Kobes. They didn't have their best in house designers on his project, and the Nike KDs generally got cheaper materials.

UA product is getting better and better, Nike is getting worse, and worse. Cheaper material, yet charging more. This is a no brainer for KD.

Yeah just looking at UA's basketball shoes they look better than Nike's IMO. Not even saying this because it looks like KD will go there either. Nike always seems to go with some really ugly looking color patterns and designs that seem to me like they'd only appeal to middle school kids or something.

While UA looks like something you can still wear out of the gym without looking like a retard :oldlol:

EDIT: Proof:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tT4sTdZBQes/TwXTKIFtzHI/AAAAAAAAAJg/I6YaPI61Wrg/s1600/ua+new.jpg

Looks like my type of basketball shoe :confusedshrug:

Nothing too fancy, looks comfortable, looks durable, etc.

I'd much rather wear that than look like a clown wearing these:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nk_wp_media/uploads/2012/12/Nike-KD-V-Energy.jpg

choppermagic
08-07-2014, 03:12 PM
I cant think of one decent reason why he shouldn't take this deal. Wow. It only helps his brand to be the No. 1 guy and makes him super rich in the process.

SamuraiSWISH
08-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah just looking at UA's basketball shoes they look better than Nike's IMO. Not even saying this because it looks like KD will go there either. Nike always seems to go with some really ugly looking color patterns and designs that seem to me like they'd only appeal to middle school kids or something.

While UA looks like something you can still wear out of the gym without looking like a retard :oldlol:
Nike keeps going for the "look at me" ghetto colorways on their shoes to in order to appeal to middle schoolers or children. UA keeps getting better, I've tried their product. Nike keeps getting cheaper, yet more expensive.

No brainer. Take the money and run. A shoe is just a shoe, they're all $10 of material made in some sweat shop in China.
Really? Do you even play sports?

This might just be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. Go ask Grant Hill about a shoe just being a shoe. As if there isn't technology, or thought being put into these things that benefits athletes.

So you go out to the park and play in those $20 PayLess joints right? Those are quality, durable, comfortable, performance beasts right?

Springsteen
08-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Remember when Brandon Jennings was the poster boy for UnderArmor? :lol

magic chiongson
08-07-2014, 03:24 PM
i used to think UA was owned by nike

HylianNightmare
08-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Remember when Brandon Jennings was the poster boy for UnderArmor? :lol
Seems like just yesterday

dreamwarrior
08-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Smart move by both sides. KD is today's MJ in popularity with the young generation.

FKAri
08-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Smart move by both sides. KD is today's MJ in popularity with the young generation.

Honestly, no one has heard of KD. Especially outside the US.

FireMcFailPlease
08-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Honestly, no one has heard of KD. Especially outside the US.
people who can't afford basketball shoes, don't count.

NattyPButter
08-07-2014, 05:37 PM
plz take this deal KD...he would make UA shoes more respectable to wear around. We have to stop Nike and others from making all these clown shoes.

KyrieTheFuture
08-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I can't shake the feeling that Durant is going to liquidate his shares prior to their maximum value