PDA

View Full Version : Bulls are still going to be the best team in the East with a healthy Rose.

Upgrayedd
08-07-2014, 07:25 PM
If Rose stays healthy, the Bulls are still the best team in the East. I don't care about Love on the Cavs.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
PF: Gasol
SF: Dunleavy
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

Bench:

C: Taj
PF: Mirotic
SF: McDermott
SG: Snell/Hinrich
PG: Aaron Brooks/Hinrich

Cocaine80s
08-07-2014, 07:28 PM
both teams will be very different from last year. its hard to tell which one will be better

poido123
08-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't write off McDermott starting for team balance.

Let the Cavs take the hype, I'd rather us stay underdog in the media and by fans...

Pointguard
08-07-2014, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't write off McDermott starting for team balance.

Let the Cavs take the hype, I'd rather us stay underdog in the media and by fans...
At first look you might say SF looks weak but when you look again all three of them can really shoot (Snell, Dunleavy, McDermott). Butler will take the tougher wing man. And Snell has a defensive man in him that hasn't come out just yet. Also the team has a five or six really smart players.

poido123
08-07-2014, 09:04 PM
At first look you might say SF looks weak but when you look again all three of them can really shoot (Snell, Dunleavy, McDermott). Butler will take the tougher wing man. And Snell has a defensive man in him that hasn't come out just yet. Also the team has a five or six really smart players.

Because of the team depth in the frontcourt, I could see Thibs throwing out some unconventional lineups with Mirotic playing SF for some minutes.

McDermott is going to be vital for us, he knows how to get a shot off and will bury teams if his direct opponent allows him to run around screens all game and get open shots. I love that he can post up too, so he will be able to exploit smaller, less athletic guys..

Add that dynamic and the post passing from the bigmen and you a pretty hard offense to keep in check. Rose being the obvious 3rd dynamic to the team.

Real14
08-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Mods?

poido123
08-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Mods?

Are you asking for yourself to be banned?

You can do that yourself :confusedshrug:

EllisGW
08-07-2014, 09:19 PM
bulls almost got swept by the big three with rose at an mvp level

In playoffs when the game becomes half court style they going to have a hard time scoring. The same thing happen in the playoffs with rose, when they play elite teams.

JohnFreeman
08-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Championship or bust

Fudge
08-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Yup. Best team in the East. Cavs are stacked, but their D looks to be suspect. If Bron can bring a whole new identity to that side of the game for them, they could possibly take CHI out.

Beastmode88
08-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Championship or bust

Being the best in the east is like being the winner of the special olympics. Just look what happened last year with the Spurs. Mavs and OKC gave them their hardest competition in the playoffs compared to the steam roll that happened to bran.

EllisGW
08-07-2014, 09:27 PM
they are going lose vs cavs or top teams in the west because they only have one player if healthy that can take over game.... They will be good in the reg season but when become a half court game vs top teams they are done.

TheMan
08-07-2014, 09:31 PM

In playoffs when the game becomes half court style they going to have a hard time scoring. The same thing happen in the playoffs with rose, when they play elite teams.
Lol, this current Bulls team is nothing like prior teams. The Bulls always lacked shooters, this team has a surplus of shooters now. A healthy Rose and this is a Finals team, mark my word.

Pointguard
08-07-2014, 09:38 PM

And you are going to see that new movie Jurassic Park tonight too... . Toronto might get an expansion team.

DaSeba5
08-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Besides Rose's injury, the problem for them is that they are gassed by the playoffs. Thibs works them very hard and they are usually dealing with more injuries and exhaustion than other teams. So they could win 60+ games, but struggle in the playoffs. That's always going to be a factor.

Milbuck
08-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Rose did not play at an MVP level in 2011 against Miami..he was completely subpar, they concentrated their defense on him and Lebron was playing out of his mind defensively.

Thing is, they won't have trouble scoring and Rose can't be locked down on like before because this is a completely different team. They don't just have Korver as the singular shooter. Mirotic, McDermott, Brooks, Snell, Dunleavy, and even Rose himself can all shoot with range. Gasol is more skilled in the post than anyone they've had in the Thibs/Rose/Noah era..and they're pairing him with arguably the best passing big man in the game in Noah, who is 10x the player he was 3-4 years ago. Then you have Taj Gibson - he put up 6 ppg in the 2011 series against Miami..but this year's playoffs put up 18ppg on 63% TS...and he's coming off the bench.

ottooooooo
08-07-2014, 09:46 PM
bullshit

CHi1PriDe
08-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Mods?

Lol at your hate for the Bulls, can't wait to see the Bulls pound your lil lottery team :oldlol:

TheMan
08-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Besides Rose's injury, the problem for them is that they are gassed by the playoffs. Thibs works them very hard and they are usually dealing with more injuries and exhaustion than other teams. So they could win 60+ games, but struggle in the playoffs. That's always going to be a factor.
That's my lone gripe about Thibs. He should really take a page out of how to manage player's minutes from Pop. It's more important to have a well rested healthy team going into the playoffs than going full throttle during the RS trying to get the top seed.

Pointguard
08-07-2014, 10:10 PM
That's my lone gripe about Thibs. He should really take a page out of how to manage player's minutes from Pop. It's more important to have a well rested healthy team going into the playoffs than going full throttle during the RS trying to get the top seed.
What I find interesting is that the GM has made a real effort to turn this into a more offensive team with smart passers. There are about seven good passers on this team and the best passing Center and PF combo. But we really don't know how offensive minded can Thibes go??? One thing is for sure they are going to break a trap this year. Does he go straight up with a 16 minute second unit.

I<3NBA
08-08-2014, 12:03 AM
that's the only sad thing about the Bulls. it all comes down to Rose.