PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to act like Lebron's return to Cleveland was Unconditional?

BallsOut
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM
"committed" long term yet, signs a 1 year deal with opt out option after the 1st year. The writing is on the wall. There was no mention at all of Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and Tyler Zeller in his letter. He knew they were being traded for Kevin Love. We've seen this before. Lebron's a ring-chaser who likes to win with the least competition by teaming up with other superstar players in their primes. When he sees a better situation, he'll leave his teammates, friends and fans because they don't matter. It happened in 2010, it happened in 2014 and better believe it'll happen again.

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

Who is this guy fooling? :oldlol: Lebron's not the hero that ESPN makes him out to be. People need to see through his fake letter. He chose Cleveland because once again, it was the easiest way out.

EllisGW
08-07-2014, 09:12 PM
im confused.... you want lebron to recruit bad players?

Inferno
08-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Am I, as a Warriors fan, supposed to care?

Real Men Wear Green
08-07-2014, 09:29 PM
There is an endlessly angry segment of the bball viewing public that can't stand the fact that James is willing to wield his influence on his own team's roster to increase his shot at winning championships.

Hoopz2332
08-07-2014, 09:30 PM

:oldlol: :applause:

BallsOut
08-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Of course it was conditional. He's a coward. Always has been a front runner.

:lebronamazed:

DaSeba5
08-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Lol don't believe that nonsense. Yah he wanted go home, but that's not the biggest reason like the media is trying to portray it. He got max money, ultimate power as the best player, coach, and GM (he's basically the owner). He has all the leverage, and if he's unhappy he can do whatever he wants and leave again. This guy is a terrific businessman I'll give him that. He did this for money and power.

KBaller33
08-07-2014, 09:41 PM
LeBron can't leave. After that long letter and all his claims and forcing Wiggins and Bennett out he can't go. That's like The Decision times 10.

But knowing LeBron, if the Cavs get knocked out surprisingly in the 2nd round of the playoffs I wouldn't be shocked if we hear a report saying "LeBron is keeping his options open". Then he leaves and Love goes with him and the Cavs are done for the next 10 years. I know he only signed that 2 year deal so he could get max money with the new TV contract, but we all know LeBron is a business man first who keeps all his options open.

Edit: The guy above me beat me to it.

HOoopCityJones
08-07-2014, 09:45 PM
I feel the same OP.

It was Love or Bust for this guy , he knew it goin in.

I just hope none of this shit messes with Wiggins development.

dubeta
08-07-2014, 10:08 PM
If lebron wanted a stacked team why didnt he join Houston?

eliteballer
08-07-2014, 10:09 PM
As soon as they got the #1 pick LeBron knew they could move it for WIN NOW pieces...he probably hadn't committed before that.

gts
08-07-2014, 10:13 PM
There is an endlessly angry segment of the bball viewing public that can't stand the fact that James is willing to wield his influence on his own team's roster to increase his shot at winning championships.
:lol

that true but, I think the thing that bothers some folks is it's the whole Lebron persona...

he came into the league with chosen one tatted on his back and proceeded to fall short then there's leaving for miami in a cloud of collusion after saying he'd never leave until he won a title... then the decision he'll never live down the decision or how he and his handlers presented it to the world

It's how he goes about things, he seems to always wrap things up in a tidy little bow of deception or at least it's viewed that way. The decision was done for the boys and girls club, now it "i'm coming home"... blah... leave the sugar in the candy store and act like a man

Just say this place give me the best chance to win and stop with the horrible public relations crap

KBaller33
08-07-2014, 10:24 PM

that true but, I think the thing that bothers some folks is it's the whole Lebron persona...

he came into the league with chosen one tatted on his back and proceeded to fall short then there's leaving for miami in a cloud of collusion after saying he'd never leave until he won a title... then the decision he'll never live down the decision or how he and his handlers presented it to the world

It's how he goes about things, he seems to always wrap things up in a tidy little bow of deception or at least it's viewed that way. The decision was done for the boys and girls club, now it "i'm coming home"... blah... leave the sugar in the candy store and act like a man

Just say this place give me the best chance to win and stop with the horrible public relations crap

Exactly. It's basketball. Why does he have to make such a big deal about every little thing. The letter was a little over the top. He wouldn't be coming "home" if the Heat had won this past June. I respect his game and think he's one of the best of all time but the stuff he does is unnecessary.

onhcetum
08-08-2014, 12:07 AM
this is why i can't put lebron over kobe. i think lebron is better than kobe, but time and time again, lebron comes up short and pulls shit like this.

lebron sabatoshed wades fmvp in 2011 and then cramped up and put his team in a 0-1 hole when they could have been up 0-2, headed to miami

lets remember that lebron still has zero rings without his superstar friends

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Am I, as a Warriors fan, supposed to care?
Simple, don't click the thread.

NumberSix
08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Exactly. It's basketball. Why does he have to make such a big deal about every little thing. The letter was a little over the top. He wouldn't be coming "home" if the Heat had won this past June. I respect his game and think he's one of the best of all time but the stuff he does is unnecessary.
He doesn't. He barley does any interviews or anything at all. It's everybody else that makes a big deal out of everything he does.

GimmeThat
08-08-2014, 12:26 AM
lets all start acting like Lebron didn't get a max contract and that he signed for the vet minimum.

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 03:16 AM
We da bess.

JtotheIzzo
08-08-2014, 03:18 AM

No one cares about that.

They are annoyed because he tries to play it off as something altruistic.

The 'I'm coming home' letter was more insulting the average BBall fan than 'The Decision' was. At least the decision was transparent, this latest move was the same shit veiled as a homecoming.

He squandered Cleveland's future and put them in 'win now' mode.

So he better win now, he owns everything and it is all on him.

rhowen4
08-08-2014, 03:39 AM
If lebron wanted a stacked team why didnt he join Houston?
Yep. People who are saying he only did it for the stacked team are as foolish as those saying he only did it for loyalty. All the reasons came together on this one.

BallsOut
08-09-2014, 06:59 PM
As soon as they got the #1 pick LeBron knew they could move it for WIN NOW pieces...he probably hadn't committed before that.

Word

chazzy
08-09-2014, 07:15 PM
I still don't get why he has a 1 yr opt out

Real Men Wear Green
08-10-2014, 06:53 AM

He wants to be liked, and sometimes he's a bit phony. But that's true of many people, he's just more scrutinized. I don't feel the need to care myself, most of the time (when he criticized Pierce and KG for getting traded, that was idiotic). He's a basketball player but some of these posters go at him like he's a serial rapist. If "the Decision" is the worst thing he ever does he's not a bad guy at all.
No one cares about that.Wrong. Everything he does gets scrutinized by the trolls on this forum.

They are annoyed because he tries to play it off as something altruistic. They are annoyed by the fact he;s breathing and will make a topic about how Kobe's lungs are better.

The 'I'm coming home' letter was more insulting the average BBall fan than 'The Decision' was. At least the decision was transparent, this latest move was the same shit veiled as a homecoming.I was insulted? How? Why should I even care? I bet you wouldn't if the Cavs weren't about to trade Wiggins.

He squandered Cleveland's future and put them in 'win now' mode.They got the best player in the game around the age of 30. What team wouldn't be in "win now" mode?

So he better win now, he owns everything and it is all on him.Or what, there will be criticism? There was going to be criticism no matter what he did. That's what trolls do. There are a number of posters that think the best way to analyze his career is "2/5" and think that the "2" deserves an asterisk because one of the seasons were short and there were injured stars and Chris Bosh and Wade are too much help and blah blah blah. So long as he's not breaking the rules it really doesn't matter.

Real Men Wear Green
08-10-2014, 06:55 AM
I still don't get why he has a 1 yr opt out
Because he is absolutely a ring-chaser. This "criticism" of him is a valid one, that he is trying to build up his legacy as a winner. If the Cav front office is inept, if the coach they hired sucks, if he sees a better opportunity he will leave because that's how he is.

Sakkreth
08-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Ohh look this thread again.