PDA

View Full Version : Chris Webber to "shock the world" with a book and documentary on Michigan, Fab Five

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 03:35 AM
Source (http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2014/08/chris_webber_will_release_book.html)

Webber chose not to be involved the Fab Five film, but apparently he's ready to put it all on the table now that his disassociation with the Michigan athletic department ended in 2013 after violating the NCAA's rules of accepting money from booster Ed Martin. Both of Michigan's Final Four appearances were also vacated, with the banners snatched from the rafters.

"You're about to have a lot more to talk about, because I have a book that's coming out this summer that's going to tell the truth, because everything you've heard has been stories of writers that weren't there or people that wanted to lie, so we're going to shock the world with a book and a documentary," Webber said.
Looking forward.:cheers:

bdreason
08-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Not a fan of these tell-all books. Snitching out your former teammates, friends, and coaches to make money off a book? :no:

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 03:39 AM
Not a fan of these tell-all books. Snitching out your former teammates, friends, and coaches to make money off a book? :no:
So you've read the book?

JtotheIzzo
08-08-2014, 03:39 AM

Jalen set the tone for that, I think Webber probably feels it is open season.

Love both those guys, huge influences on the game, can't wait to read and watch.

SpanishACB
08-08-2014, 05:06 AM
bunch of pages of him trying to justify that he took money because he deserved it and that his teammates should have supported him.

he's not going to say he didn't take money. He's just going to put up a bunch of shit stories of him being a good teammate and hope that by the end of the book we're all convinced he deserved it.

but he was aware of the rules like everyone else.

UK2K
08-08-2014, 05:10 AM
I'm convinced 80% of ISH can't read anyway.

You'll have to provide cliff notes for the masses.

08-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Oh boy I am looking forward to this one.:cheers:

For years c Webb kept quiet about it now it is time he'll tell his side of the story.

Make sure to have plenty of salt handy when reading though.

JohnFreeman
08-08-2014, 05:53 AM
My boy C Webb

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 06:08 AM
I wonder what shocking secrets he has pent up inside him.

08-08-2014, 06:11 AM
No mention of the titles of either the book or documentary.:banghead:

ShackEelOKneel
08-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Can't be any more shocking than when he called time-out.

uber
08-08-2014, 06:20 AM

This

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 06:21 AM
No mention of the titles of either the book or documentary.:banghead:
"Timeout" by Chris Webber

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 06:57 AM

Tasteless scums.

sportjames23
08-08-2014, 07:10 AM

:roll:

JohnFreeman
08-08-2014, 07:31 AM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/is6wnoLKje4/0.jpg

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 07:53 AM
:roll:
Another scum.

the mesiah
08-08-2014, 08:36 AM
looking forward to this one , maybe not as much as the fab five one that espn did because that one looked fun to do and brought a couple of behind the scenes things that I didn't personally know.Wouldnt be shocked at the specifics,Martin already admitted to it before he died.

JohnnySic
08-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice, a bball book worth looking forward too...

Rake2204
08-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Growing up in Ann Arbor, the Fab Five were a heavy influence for me. As such, regardless of quality of the upcoming book and documentary, I feel as though I'll be watching and reading in full.

jlip
08-08-2014, 11:33 AM
This may be worth reading and definitely watching.

FireMcFailPlease
08-08-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm convinced 80% of ISH can't read anyway.

You'll have to provide cliff notes for the masses.
:roll: :roll: :cheers:

stanlove1111
08-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Why is anyone even talking about that Mich team anymore. Much to do about nothing. The documentary was ridiculous in itself. Acting like they were some huge deal at the time. As someone who has followed college basketball since the 60s I don't think they were a big deal at all like some people try to make out..

A whole lotta teams have actually won titles..

Real Men Wear Green
08-08-2014, 11:42 AM
because everything you've heard has been stories of writers that weren't there or people that wanted to lieWould infer that Rose and all the Michigan guys he had in his documentary are lying, no?

HurricaneKid
08-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Why is anyone even talking about that Mich team anymore. Much to do about nothing. The documentary was ridiculous in itself. Acting like they were some huge deal at the time. As someone who has followed college basketball since the 60s I don't think they were a big deal at all like some people try to make out..

A whole lotta teams have actually won titles..

Did you live in a barn in an open field far away from civilization? Because they were FAR MORE impactful than even the Duke teams of the same age that were far better teams. They didn't just win; they changed culture.

Spaulding
08-08-2014, 11:47 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/KennyCallsTimeOutWebber.gif

chocolatethunder
08-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Did you live in a barn in an open field far away from civilization? Because they were FAR MORE impactful than even the Duke teams of the same age that were far better teams. They didn't just win; they changed culture.
Right, because they didn't win. What did you just read some blow job article on bleacher report about the cultural impact of the Fab Five? Here's what they did. They were considered the best recruiting class ever. Then for all their bulshitting and "swag" they couldn't get it done. Yes, they ushered in the new era of basketball. The era of the player who is a braggart for never having won anything. I hate Duke just as much as the next guy. These dudes were clowns and when the chips were down they came up short, just as they did as pros. Jalen Rose was convinced he was a PG, which he wasn't. Webber continued to shrink in big games throughout his career and Howard, well he was just Howard. Who cares about the other two. Who cares what Webber has to say. Who cares about a bunch of losers who ran around pounding their chests but pulled off the biggest choke job in NCAA history. Maybe someone can make a great movie about the Buffalo Bills choking in four superbowls. Can't wait for the tell all about Scott Norwood. Man I'm excited.

JohnMax
08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
http://baseballhotcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/black-sports-online-shaq-reply-2-canseco.jpg

JohnnySic
08-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Right, because they didn't win. What did you just read some blow job article on bleacher report about the cultural impact of the Fab Five? Here's what they did. They were considered the best recruiting class ever. Then for all their bulshitting and "swag" they couldn't get it done. Yes, they ushered in the new era of basketball. The era of the player who is a braggart for never having won anything. I hate Duke just as much as the next guy. These dudes were clowns and when the chips were down they came up short, just as they did as pros. Jalen Rose was convinced he was a PG, which he wasn't. Webber continued to shrink in big games throughout his career and Howard, well he was just Howard. Who cares about the other two. Who cares what Webber has to say. Who cares about a bunch of losers who ran around pounding their chests but pulled off the biggest choke job in NCAA history. Maybe someone can make a great movie about the Buffalo Bills choking in four superbowls. Can't wait for the tell all about Scott Norwood. Man I'm excited.
They made 2 straight NCAA finals as freshmen and sophmores; that's nothing to sneeze at.

Just the fact that 5 freshmen were good enough to become the starters on a team that was fairly good to begin with speaks volumes.

I was a senior in high school in '93 and can verify Michigan's pop culture impact was enourmous. Michigan gear was everywhere - and I live in Massachusetts, not Michigan. They made college ball as big as NBA ball for a short while; that hasn't been replicated since.

chocolatethunder
08-08-2014, 01:47 PM
They made 2 straight NCAA finals as freshmen and sophmores; that's nothing to sneeze at.

Just the fact that 5 freshmen were good enough to become the starters on a team that was fairly good to begin with speaks volumes.

I was a senior in high school in '93 and can verify Michigan's pop culture impact was enourmous. Michigan gear was everywhere - and I live in Massachusetts, not Michigan. They made college ball as big as NBA ball for a short while; that hasn't been replicated since.
I was a senior in 89-90. Nothing to sneeze at for sure but if you don't think they under achieved then you're fooling yourself. I'm not moved by pop culture. That doesn't mean much to me. If you think that any of them lived up to the hype as pros then please let me know.

Soundwave
08-08-2014, 01:49 PM
http://baseballhotcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/black-sports-online-shaq-reply-2-canseco.jpg

:lol what's the story behind this?

JohnnySic
08-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I was a senior in 89-90. Nothing to sneeze at for sure but if you don't think they under achieved then you're fooling yourself. I'm not moved by pop culture. That doesn't mean much to me. If you think that any of them lived up to the hype as pros then please let me know.
Well Webber had a great pro career; would have been better if not for injuries.

I really dont think they underachived; Its hard to say a team led by freshmen making the NCAA title game is an underachievement. In a way they overachieved when they beat a superior Kentucky team in the final 4.

And for the record I wasn't even rooting for them; I wanted Kentucky in that game.

DMV2
08-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I doubt he needs the money. Probably just wants to set the records straight, he's been ducking the scandal for 2 decades now.

DMV2
08-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Tasteless scums.
It was funny! Chris would have laughed at it too.

chocolatethunder
08-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Well Webber had a great pro career; would have been better if not for injuries.

I really dont think they underachived; Its hard to say a team led by freshmen making the NCAA title game is an underachievement. In a way they overachieved when they beat a superior Kentucky team in the final 4.

And for the record I wasn't even rooting for them; I wanted Kentucky in that game.
I liked Webber too but even healthy he had a knack for disappearing in big games. You can continue w the narrative that the team who recruited 5 of the best players in the country for the first time was the underdog but I don't remember it that way. Did Webber blow it in the championship or was I watching a different game? Yes they were down but he still blew their only chance. They were a number one seed that year so you can say they surprised people as freshman but in their second year there were no surprises and they were a number one seed.