PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Bennett to 76ers

JohnFreeman
08-08-2014, 10:36 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves will acquire Thaddeus Young in the agreed-to Kevin Love deal, and Anthony Bennett will land up with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. The move cannot be made official until Aug. 23, when Andrew Wiggins is eligible to be included.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24653209/report-wolves-will-acquire-thaddeus-young-for-bennett-in-love-deal

poido123
08-08-2014, 10:37 AM
That 76ers team is stockpiling some serious assets.

Watch Bennett thrive for them :applause:

roffie
08-08-2014, 10:38 AM
its a good deal. not like sixers were gonna go anywhere with thad young might as well take a few more years and test the waters with bennett

russwest0
08-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Bennett is a PF.

The 76ers have Noel and Saric already.

Rocketswin2013
08-08-2014, 10:40 AM
How the fuvk is Philly gonna develop MCW, Noel, Bennett, Saric, and Embiid ?

2k stacked

Jlamb47
08-08-2014, 10:42 AM
76ers gone be 2020 championship team

JtotheIzzo
F*CK, why couldn't I have Bennett and Wiggins on the same team?

F*CK YOU BRAN!

Dragic4Life

F*CK YOU BRAN!
Mad.:roll:

JtotheIzzo
08-08-2014, 10:43 AM
How the fuvk is Philly gonna develop MCW, Noel, Bennett, Saric, and Embiid ?

2k stacked

They are banking on only one of Embiid or Noel being able to play, and maybe looking to deal Saric if Bennett is ballin??

that or they trade one of each for a kick ass two or three.

Sixers looking tough all of a sudden.

JohnFreeman
08-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Pekovic, Wiggins and Young could be a pretty fierce front line

poido123
08-08-2014, 10:46 AM

F*CK YOU BRAN!

I like this guy :applause:

Jailblazers7
08-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Awesome, really glad that Minny basically forced the 76ers involvement in this deal. Thad wasn't happy in Philly and we flipped him for last year's #1. We basically got Bennett, Noel, and MCW in the same draft. Pretty incredible to think of the frontcourts we could roll out in the future.

I also think that Bennett is a perfect compliment to Noel for this season. He can space the floor and take advantage of mismatches at the 4. Noel gives rim protection and great weak side help for Bennett on defense. Noel doesn't appear to be a great rebounder but Bennett is a very good rebounder who knows how to use his strength on the interior. Pretty excited about this development.

longtime lurker
08-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Lmao 76ers absolutely make out like bandits. They get something for a guy who was going to leave anyway wow. Wtf is Minnesota doing they pulled off a heist and for some strange reason want Thaddeus young. Watch him leave Minnesota next season

Jailblazers7
08-08-2014, 10:50 AM
They are banking on only one of Embiid or Noel being able to play, and maybe looking to deal Saric if Bennett is ballin??

I don't think it's that crazy to give Bennett some time at the 3 considering that he will have Embiid and Noel protecting the rim behind him. Perimeter D gets a lot easier when playing with two great shot blockers.

Either way, Saric won't be over for a couple years so that can always deal him or just figure it out later.

Rocketswin2013
08-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Hinkie :bowdown:

JtotheIzzo
08-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Awesome, really glad that Minny basically forced the 76ers involvement in this deal. Thad wasn't happy in Philly and we flipped him for last year's #1. We basically got Bennett, Noel, and MCW in the same draft. Pretty incredible to think of the frontcourts we could roll out in the future.

I also think that Bennett is a perfect compliment to Noel for this season. He can space the floor and take advantage of mismatches at the 4. Noel gives rim protection and great weak side help for Bennett on defense. Noel doesn't appear to be a great rebounder but Bennett is a very good rebounder who knows how to use his strength on the interior. Pretty excited about this development.

Its exciting for both teams, but the Canada Basketball fan in me wanted Bennett and Wiggins on the same team.

Bennett is gonna be great this year, he is in great shape and should be comeback player of the year (if a soph is eligible).

Thad will provide stability in Minny and all of a sudden this line up;

Pek
Thad
Wig
Martin
Rubio

is looking more than decent.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 10:54 AM
What a stupid f*cking move by Minnesota :oldlol:

Bennett is a PF.

The 76ers have Noel and Saric already.

Noel's a 5 and Saric isn't here this year, and theres nothing to prove Bennett won't be better than both

Jailblazers7
08-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Noel's a 5 and Saric isn't here this year, and theres nothing to prove Bennett won't be better than both

Yeah, this is basically some charity work done by Minny. We tried to trade Thad for a 1st rounder and couldn't so instead we get last year's #1 overall pick for him. I'm sure we will have to absorb Barea's contract or something but who gives a shit. Hinkie's rebuild strategy is looking golden right now.

noob cake
08-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Why do the Wolves even want Young?

They got a roster of low skill, high potential players and aren't exactly a playoff team. Gonna send Thad Young tot he waste lands?

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Inb4 GOBB: "This is how you make a big move"

Rameek
08-08-2014, 11:15 AM
The 76erz are making an NCAA Championship team for the decades :facepalm

Its exciting for both teams, but the Canada Basketball fan in me wanted Bennett and Wiggins on the same team.

Bennett is gonna be great this year, he is in great shape and should be comeback player of the year (if a soph is eligible).

Pek
Thad
Wig
Martin
Rubio

That team doesnt look decent. At least Love carried the team for 3 quarters who is going to do that now?

JtotheIzzo
08-08-2014, 11:17 AM
The 76erz are making an NCAA Championship team for the decades :facepalm

That team doesnt look decent. At least Love carried the team for 3 quarters who is going to do that now?

where did Love carry them to exactly?

longtime lurker
08-08-2014, 11:24 AM

Don't forget Embiid too. Then Sixers can talk for Okafor next year. I give them credit for pretty much getting a lottery pick for young, but this team will be terrible for a long time. Minnesota is retarded for this move.

FireMcFailPlease
08-08-2014, 11:27 AM

F*CK YOU BRAN!
I wouldnt buy much into this report.

To me it seems like its a few days behind everything. I think Minny and Philly will strike a deal, but theyll get a 3 (Muhammed)+expirings instead of Bennet whos a 4...Dont know why Philly would want a 4.

Rameek
08-08-2014, 11:27 AM
where did Love carry them to exactly?
I said for 3 quarters.... Like for 3 quarters of a game. No superstar carries a team every night for 4 quarters....:durantunimpressed:

El Gato Negro
08-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Will Bennett recover from being traded his confidence was already shot after last year.

DMV2
08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
I said for 3 quarters.... Like for 3 quarters of a game. No superstar carries a team every night for 4 quarters....:durantunimpressed:
You see 3 quarters of carrying a team, I see 3 quarters of empty stats, 3 quarters of no leadership, 3 quarters of no defense.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 11:45 AM

To me it seems like its a few days behind everything. I think Minny and Philly will strike a deal, but theyll get a 3 (Muhammed)+expirings instead of Bennet whos a 4...Dont know why Philly would want a 4.

Philly don't give a shit about positions, they're going for talent. And Bennett is more talented than Shabazz

Eric Cartman
08-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I see 3 quarters of empty stats, 3 quarters of no leadership, 3 quarters of no defense.

Rubio said it himself.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 11:46 AM

Pek
Thad
Wig
Martin
Rubio

Unless Wiggins is an offensive superstar, I don't see how that team makes the playoffs in the next 3 years

BigTicket
08-08-2014, 11:50 AM
At some point the Sixers are going to have to stop tanking, but I don't see how they can develop their players when they have no veterans at all. Having a lot of talented students is nice, but where are the teachers ? Even their coach is young and inexperienced.

Also, even if their players actually do develop as they hope, how are they going to keep them all together ?

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 11:52 AM
At some point the Sixers are going to have to stop tanking, but I don't see how they can develop their players when they have no veterans at all. Having a lot of talented students is nice, but where are the teachers ? Even their coach is young and inexperienced.

What use are veterans when they don't play and get frustrated with their role? See Keith Bogans last year on the Celtics.

PJR
08-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Anthony Bennett is never going to be an impact player. Dude is a 6'7 tweener, who's allergic to the paint. And he can't even shoot that well.

If Michael Beasley and Derrick Williams haven't been able to make an impact in this league, what in the world makes anyone think Bennett will amount to anything? And those guys were better athletes and more skilled players, and haven't struggled with weight and conditioning issues like Bennett.

Flip Saunders wants nothing to do with him. He was just a contract filler. I chuckled every time I read on here "Why did the Cavs have to include Bennett!???", as if he's some valuable asset. Kid sucks. Philly will take flyer because they're still tanking.

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Damn, now I gotta choose between Philly and Minny now for my bandwagon team of the year. Rubio/Martin/Wiggins/Young/Pek looks nice and I'm a big fan of Bennett, he and MCW alone make the team worth watching for me and Noel and/or Embiid is an added plus.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Anthony Bennett is never going to be an impact player. Dude is a 6'7 tweener, who's allergic to the paint. And he can't even shoot that well.

If Michael Beasley and Derrick Williams haven't been able to make an impact in this league, what in the world makes anyone think Bennett will amount to anything? And those guys were better athletes and more skilled players, and haven't struggled with weight and conditioning issues like Bennett.

Flip Saunders wants nothing to do with him. He was just a contract filler. I chuckled every time I read on here "Why did the Cavs have to include Bennett!???", as if he's some valuable asset. Kid sucks. Philly will take flyer because they're still tanking.

Because Thad Young at 1 inch taller who is a terrible outside shooter is clearly a much better play for Minnesota

chocolatethunder
08-08-2014, 12:05 PM

Philly would want a four because Muhammed isn't viewed as a good prospect. And Bennett, in spite of his year last year, is. Also, Hinkie is acquiring the best assets that he can. He doesn't care that he has Noel and Saric and Embiid. Hinkie has said that he's going to pick some busts and that's just the nature of the business. If by chance all of these guys pan out then he'll trade one for something else. Or if they don't all pan out he'll still have a few good players. The team is gonna suck this year so getting Bennett a whole year of playing at the four alongside Noel will be great for him. If he pans out, when Embiid comes back maybe they'll try playing him at the three or maybe they'll ease Embiid back in the line up who knows. They aren'y worried about that now they are just worrying about stockpiling talent and sorting in out later. Bennett is more talented than Muhammad and that's why he's after Bennett.

Rameek
08-08-2014, 12:21 PM
You see 3 quarters of carrying a team, I see 3 quarters of empty stats, 3 quarters of no leadership, 3 quarters of no defense.
I wont quantify his leadership skills but watching enough of the Wolves games he kept them in most games. Very rarely did they win despite an off night. That pretty much sums it up. What will the Wolves do now probably win 20 games.... :facepalm

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Wolves will make playoffs.

PJR
08-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Because Thad Young at 1 inch taller who is a terrible outside shooter is clearly a much better play for Minnesota

Thaddeus Young is a much better player than Bennett. :confusedshrug:...Based on what has been seen of Bennett's stint in the the NBA so far, he would be LUCKY to have a career as productive as Young has.

Did you watch Bennett? Dude is not very good. Like what did you dudes watch? He's not very good.

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Thaddeus Young is a much better player than Bennett. :confusedshrug:...Based on what has been seen of Bennett's stint in the the NBA so far, he would be LUCKY to have a career as productive as Young has.

Did you watch Bennett? Dude is not very good. Like what did you dudes watch? He's not very good.
Watch him in summer league this year. You can tell he has huge potential.

kshutts1
08-08-2014, 12:31 PM

He's basically a Donyell Marshall clone, particularly as he continues to improve on his jumper. While not a star player, that's a legit starter at the 3 or 4.

And Minn, unless there are other pieces involved in this trade, definitely made a bad decision. Young is a nice player, but has no more potential. He is what he is. Bennett has a shot to be better than him... and a shot to be worse, granted. But you need to look for upside when you're that bad.

As a last point, I never bought in to veterans teaching the new guys all the tricks. There is some truth to it, obviously, but the training staff and assistant coaches are just as valuable, as is time in the film room, etc. These young players will grow together, challenge one another, and hopefully develop chemistry. Whether or not the 76ers plan works out, it was orchestrated perfectly, and I'd be a very proud fan for the attempt, regardless of outcome.

wally_world
08-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Wolves wont be much worse than their last couple of seasons. If not for the fact they are in the West they could be a darkhorse playoff team if they add another shooter.

hawksdogsbraves
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM
This would be a horrible deal for Minny and another great tank deal for Philly.

Do the Wolves really want to try to make the playoffs this season? They know they're not going to come close to making it right? Hoard your assets and tank for another pick, don't think Thad Young is going to do anything other than get you to 30 wins instead of 25.

inclinerator
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
how come cavs only get love

HomieWeMajor
08-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Philly fans gonna have this guy hang himself by December.

FatComputerNerd
08-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Bennett is going to have a breakout season.

Cavs should definitely have gotten Dieng in the deal.

In any case, all the best to Bennett. I think his ceiling is very high. He will be a solid player wherever he ends up, and I'll be rooting for him.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Some Thad Young stats from Simmons' latest piece:

[QUOTE]Of anyone averaging 30-plus minutes per game at power forward or center last season, the NBA

BlackWhiteGreen
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Cavs should definitely have gotten Dieng in the deal.

Dieng has had 20+ rebound games and 5+ block games, AND has 3 years left on his rookie deal. Cavs weren't even getting him if they added Waiters to the deal imo

returnofthemack
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM

It's still shocking to me anytime anyone says Bennett is a very good anything.

GOBB
08-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Gotta be more to this deal no? Like sixers taking back a contract Minny doesn't want while getting Cavs first? JJ Barea, Schved, Luc are 3 contracts Minny has been looking to part with from reading.

Article did say Bennet was in a package so that implies more?

I can't see a Bennett for Thad swap. Also do salaries need to match given Bennett and Wiggins make $5.5mil each vs love $15.7mil.

Why is Saric even mentioned here? He literally won't be here for two seasons. Embiid is injured. Doubt he plays at all this season.

GOBB
08-08-2014, 01:48 PM
As far as Bennett being worth Thad? Given the situation sixers are rebuilding. Thad shot his load last season. Gave you 17 and 6. Show well from 3pt for his standards still wouldn't consider him a threat there. You went nowhere with him. Get some value for him while you can before he opts out and you lose him for nothing. Or at trade deadline have to take a deal similar to Spencer Hawes or worse Evan Turner.

Bennett has a skill set but he does have questionable things with him. Like does he have a work ethic? Will he let himself go weight wise? Will he be a face up chucking big that's inefficient? Shot selection could be applied to that. I don't know how he is defensively. My expectations aren't huge I just like the fact we have a young guy who you can try to develop. If he doesn't pan out to be a solid starter? Or 6th man? You can deal him.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Was Thad even part of their future? 76rs are in the most obvious rebuild ever and his contract is up in two years at 28 years old. Not like we are talking about a franchise player here and I assume the 76ers eventually want Noel and Embiid playing together.

Swapping him for a #1 pick, even if it's Bennett, sounds like a great deal. Rookie contract, buying low, probably some upside... Doubt you would get something better now or as an expirer, nor did they want to pay Thad down the line.

D-Rose
08-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I really don't see why Sota does this other than Flip the coach wanting a few more wins next season to keep his job secure. Thad will almost surely leave in a year. He's a worse interior defender than Love or Pekovic.

Keep the young guy and see if anything comes of him. Though, there might be some contract offloading going on here as they've been rumored to want to get rid of Barea, K-Mart, etc.

hawkfan
08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
As far as Bennett being worth Thad? Given the situation sixers are rebuilding. Thad shot his load last season. Gave you 17 and 6. Show well from 3pt for his standards still wouldn't consider him a threat there. You went nowhere with him. Get some value for him while you can before he opts out and you lose him for nothing. Or at trade deadline have to take a deal similar to Spencer Hawes or worse Evan Turner.

Bennett has a skill set but he does have questionable things with him. Like does he have a work ethic? Will he let himself go weight wise? Will he be a face up chucking big that's inefficient? Shot selection could be applied to that. I don't know how he is defensively. My expectations aren't huge I just like the fact we have a young guy who you can try to develop. If he doesn't pan out to be a solid starter? Or 6th man? You can deal him.

Since you have concerns about Bennett, send him to the Hawks for a small contract.

He can learn under Millsap and turn his career around. Then in his third season he goes 18/8 and continues that for the next 8 years.

I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but a Paul Millsap-type is something he can aspire to and reach.

hawkfan
08-08-2014, 02:54 PM
If Minnesota is just wanting to get rid of him, send Prince Luc to the Hawks. We have cap space and could use another wing.

Twiens
08-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Minny follows up a great move with an awful one :facepalm

Meticode
08-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Interesting move since everyone talks about Embiid and Noel playing together and they're both centers. One of them is going to have to slide to the PF spot in the future if they keep both. Now they added Anthony Bennett who is obviously a PF to me.

Meticode
08-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Saunders goal is to be competitive this season and not start totally rebuilding.

no pun intended
08-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Why do the Wolves even want Young?

They got a roster of low skill, high potential players and aren't exactly a playoff team. Gonna send Thad Young tot he waste lands?
I like it for the Wolves, actually.

Rubio with a threesome of athletic players (Lavine, Wiggins, Young) that can run the floor extremely fast may perhaps be one of the most entertaining things ever.

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 04:23 PM
We're already trying to give big minutes to Lavine and Wiggins. Playing 3 rookies could be a disaster considering they need veterans around them to reach their full potential. Even if Young does leave, he's the closest thing to a starting veteran that the Wolves will have this year.

I didn't know Thad was so bad at protecting the rim :(

navy
08-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Bennett is trash. LOL at you guys hying up potential.

Good trade.

dubeta
08-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Cavs shouldve tried to get Embiid for Bennett

they couldve said (#1 pick > #3)

Embiid would finally get his dream of playing with Bran

chocolatethunder
08-08-2014, 04:29 PM

I got to be honest I really like giving up Thad for Bennett. I love Thad but having him on the team doesn't really do anything for the Sixers or for him. They are gonna suck with him so they might as well suck with a younger prospect. Is he better than Thad? No way. Thad has peaked though. He's not going to get any better. I know that he's 26 but what you see is what you get, which isn't bad by any means but I'm more than cool with trying something else out. Now I'll address Bennett.

This dude probably shouldn't have been the number one pick in his draft regardless of how weak it was. He was a top 10 guy sure but not number one. I think of last year as an aberration for him. He kind of experienced the most incredible convergence of shitty circumstances that anyone could experience. He had shoulder surgery and gained weight so he came into the season out of shape. That put him way behind the eight ball. He played for Mike Brown who isn't really known for developing young talent. He was unable to play his way back into shape and you could see his confidence was totally crushed. That being said, there's something intriguing about the dude. While he is undersized, he has huge shoulders and a big wingspan. He's pretty athletic and can shoot decently from outside. I watched all of his summer league games and he was very fit and active and didn't resemble the player he was last year. Don't get me wrong, I know that it's summer league but I'm not saying that he's going to score this or that this year, I'm just talking about how he moved and shot and just how he played in general. He looked more like a prospect and a lot less like a bust. I'm totally down with bringing him in and having him play the four this year while Embiid is hurt and seeing if there's something there. Thad was going to leave anyway. I don't think that he's going to be a fatass his whole career. I think that he got out of shape when he was hurt like a lot of people do. He's not hurt now and he's quite fit.

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 04:31 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2156823-thad-young-reportedly-gets-unenviable-task-of-replacing-kevin-love-in-minnesota

This article blames Philly's defensive sets.

alling their defensive sets chaotic actually isn't fair...to us, because it implies that more than one or two trend-busting anomalies played defense, which just isn't true.

Within the right system, on a team that isn't blatantly trying to lose, Young can defend just as well, if not better than Love. He's already a better rim protector, out-blocking Love 196-173 since the bearded hotshot entered the league in 2008.

Bigger bulks of Young's total win shares typically come on the defensive end, too. More than 65 percent of his win shares came on the defensive side last year, compared to Love's 25.9 percent.

longtime lurker
08-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Sota gonna Sota. They should have gone full rebuild mode the next two years and come out with 4 top 5 picks. Bennett is a bum but his upside is better than one season of Thad.

GOBB
08-08-2014, 04:45 PM
I got to be honest I really like giving up Thad for Bennett. I love Thad but having him on the team doesn't really do anything for the Sixers or for him. They are gonna suck with him so they might as well suck with a younger prospect. Is he better than Thad? No way. Thad has peaked though. He's not going to get any better. I know that he's 26 but what you see is what you get, which isn't bad by any means but I'm more than cool with trying something else out. Now I'll address Bennett.

This dude probably shouldn't have been the number one pick in his draft regardless of how weak it was. He was a top 10 guy sure but not number one. I think of last year as an aberration for him. He kind of experienced the most incredible convergence of shitty circumstances that anyone could experience. He had shoulder surgery and gained weight so he came into the season out of shape. That put him way behind the eight ball. He played for Mike Brown who isn't really known for developing young talent. He was unable to play his way back into shape and you could see his confidence was totally crushed. That being said, there's something intriguing about the dude. While he is undersized, he has huge shoulders and a big wingspan. He's pretty athletic and can shoot decently from outside. I watched all of his summer league games and he was very fit and active and didn't resemble the player he was last year. Don't get me wrong, I know that it's summer league but I'm not saying that he's going to score this or that this year, I'm just talking about how he moved and shot and just how he played in general. He looked more like a prospect and a lot less like a bust. I'm totally down with bringing him in and having him play the four this year while Embiid is hurt and seeing if there's something there. Thad was going to leave anyway. I don't think that he's going to be a fatass his whole career. I think that he got out of shape when he was hurt like a lot of people do. He's not hurt now and he's quite fit.

I agree. I admit I dogged Bennett out all last season. Not going to do a 180 but given how this team is made up and what we are doing? He fits in with the young asset develop and see what you got mold. I think if he starts in Philly he could do 13-6. What do you think?

That is if this deal even holds true 3 weeks later. I have a feeling this could be Jeremy Lin 2.0. Like you said Hinkie is tight lipped so either this deal isnt all that true or someone leaked info I'm sure Hinkie may not be happy about. Thoughts?

Carbine
08-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I agree. I admit I dogged Bennett out all last season. Not going to do a 180 but given how this team is made up and what we are doing? He fits in with the young asset develop and see what you got mold. I think if he starts in Philly he could do 13-6. What do you think?

That is if this deal even holds true 3 weeks later. I have a feeling this could be Jeremy Lin 2.0. Like you said Hinkie is tight lipped so either this deal isnt all that true or someone leaked info I'm sure Hinkie may not be happy about. Thoughts?

He will get more than 6 boards given starter minutes.

PS: Crew is officially back for 2K15. The real crew mode.

Twiens
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM
We're already trying to give big minutes to Lavine and Wiggins. Playing 3 rookies could be a disaster considering they need veterans around them to reach their full potential. Even if Young does leave, he's the closest thing to a starting veteran that the Wolves will have this year.

I didn't know Thad was so bad at protecting the rim :(

Meh I just don't see the point. Minny isn't competing, they should be stockpiling as much talent as possible atleast until they know what they have in AB.

C- Pekovic/Dieng
PF- Bennet
SF- Wiggins
SG- Lavine
PG- Rubio

That core could be something serious

GOBB
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM
He will get more than 6 boards given starter minutes.

PS: Crew is officially back for 2K15. The real crew mode.

How many minutes do you think he is going to get? I dont see 34mpg

Crew is back only for 360/ps3 and not xbox one. That is so lame. You read the logic behind that?

n00bie
08-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Canadians being split apart :no:

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 05:32 PM
http://fansided.com/2014/08/08/thaddeus-young-says-philadelphia-76ers-havent-traded/

After the morning report of the trade happening:

Thaddeus Young has heard the rumors about being traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, but Friday morning, Young could not say whether or not the reports were true.

“I know nothing as of right now,” Young said at his annual basketball camp in King of Prussia. “I have seen stories, but as of right now I haven’t heard anything. My focus is not on that. It is here at this camp with my son and the rest of the kids at the camp.”

GOBB
08-08-2014, 05:38 PM
http://fansided.com/2014/08/08/thaddeus-young-says-philadelphia-76ers-havent-traded/

After the morning report of the trade happening:

Jeremy Lin 2.0? :lol

Shade8780
08-08-2014, 05:41 PM
All aboard the 2031 76ers championship cruise!!

FireMcFailPlease
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Sota gonna Sota. They should have gone full rebuild mode the next two years and come out with 4 top 5 picks. Bennett is a bum but his upside is better than one season of Thad.
If this trade happens...I'll be shocked if Bennett is in it. The Philly guys are a few days behind and the AP Minnesota guys are pretty certain Bennett won't be traded to Philly despite the report a few days ago

Im so nba'd out
08-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Would be happy if i didn't know we were tanking on purpose

steve
08-08-2014, 05:50 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2156823-thad-young-reportedly-gets-unenviable-task-of-replacing-kevin-love-in-minnesota

Young isn't a bad defender in a vacuum but being a 6'6" power forward is going to limit him a good bit in certain areas, and when he's guarding a player around the rim (which is what that stat was showing). Of course teaming him with Pekovic isn't going to make Minnesota's interior defense any better. Also bringing up someone shot blocking in this case, especially when it's less than 1 per game for his entire career, is a general misunderstanding of the totality of rim protection.

chocolatethunder
08-08-2014, 05:58 PM

Well I think that if he comes to Philly he's def gonna start. I don't get too much into the guessing numbers stuff but 13 and 6 seems reasonable to me. I would like for this to happen and yeah who knows if it's true but like Hinkie said after the draft, he stays as quiet as possible but it's not possible for him to control leaks on the other end. I will be very happy if this goes down. Very happy. I don't care if Bennett ends up being awful, I like taking the chance.

no pun intended
08-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Why does this article imply that the Wolves expect Young to fill in Love's shoes? They traded Bennett for him, not Love. There isn't any pressure at all. Useless article comparing Young to Love. Although there is no question at all that Love is the much better player, Young's athleticism could compliment well with Rubio. Rubio with Lavine, Wiggins, and Young is going to be one hell of a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC14172qvPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOh_THyRxA :eek:

lilgodfather1
08-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Bennett is horrible. But he is Canadian, so I hope he can turn it around. If everyone on Philly pans out, you are looking at one hell of a frontcourt in a few years, and a possible top 3 pick this year to go along with them. What would be really interesting is if Philly gets the #1 pick, and Okafor is the unanimous guy, what happens? No team can develop 4 big men at one time.

no pun intended
08-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Bennett is horrible. But he is Canadian, so I hope he can turn it around. If everyone on Philly pans out, you are looking at one hell of a frontcourt in a few years, and a possible top 3 pick this year to go along with them. What would be really interesting is if Philly gets the #1 pick, and Okafor is the unanimous guy, what happens? No team can develop 4 big men at one time.
Emmanuel Mudiay.

GOBB
08-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Philly drafts Okafor and makes a trade. It's as simple as that. You're caught up on Philly drafting him, keeping him. No, you take Okafor and have the phones in your office go off the hook like a telethon. Deals can be made. Sixers can benefit. Use your brain

If this trade happens...I'll be shocked if Bennett is in it. The Philly guys are a few days behind and the AP Minnesota guys are pretty certain Bennett won't be traded to Philly despite the report a few days ago

So if its not Bennett then what are you hearing?

FireMcFailPlease
08-08-2014, 09:49 PM
So if its not Bennett then what are you hearing?
No idea. I'm going by what local AP sports guy, and a radio host who has close relations to Flip.

https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN/status/497384698386333696

Jon Krawscisdsnfslfzkski is the AP guy who's been on his show.

Also just a gut feeling why itd be dumb to trade away a guy on his rookie deal who could pan out and be alright. that'd be house money since we got Wiggins.

If I had to guess...Id say it'd be a combo of expiring(mbah moute/JJ), & Shabazz Muhammed..or expiring contract+newly acquired Miami pick. Maybe they just unload bad contracts, Shabazz & the pick the end.

Im not getting the for sure vibe I was with the Love deal. We may get Thaddeus...but trading away AB's house money is just senseless. Especially since we're gonna need another PF. Daunte Cunningham is a waste of time as a PF back up

04mzwach
08-08-2014, 10:09 PM
This trade works:

Philly gets Anthony Bennett and 1st pick

Cavs get Kevin Love

Minnesota get Andrew Wiggins, Thaddeus Young and a couple cheap players the Cavs acquired from the Jazz on non-guaranteed contracts

If anybody wants something more than they have to give up more. No reports said Cleveland or 76ers were giving up anymore that I know of. :confusedshrug:

Correction: Wolves can trade Barea and Martin TO PHILLY like mentioned and other teams don't have to add a thing. Cavs are over the cap so they'd have to put more on the table.

Philly is over 30 million under the cap if they trade Thaddeus Young and acquire Barea, Martin, Bennett. :lol

OnFire
08-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Franchise is a joke. How many years has it been since they even tried?

oh the horror
08-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Franchise is a joke. How many years has it been since they even tried?

It's been sometime now. What gets me is, how many prospects can you acquire before fans just stop showing up?

OnFire
08-08-2014, 10:23 PM
It's been sometime now. What gets me is, how many prospects can you acquire before fans just stop showing up?

Well, they were next to last in attendance... So I'd say now.

Dr.J4ever
08-08-2014, 11:16 PM
The 76er plan is to stockpile as many assets as possible. At this point, it doesn't matter if they have players playing the same positions. You try to get as many high end draft picks and talented players as possible and see who can become a star player.

Once you have the stars, then you use your cap space to lure the best free agents.

Hinkie is a mad genius rubbing it in the face of the NBA.

OG LeeTSkeeT
08-09-2014, 03:15 AM
Wolves vs. Sixers 2020 Finals

DMAVS41
08-09-2014, 11:18 AM
I don't see how the 76ers can turn Young on his deal into Bennett.

That would be crazy good for them.

Seems like it should be the Miami pick, Barea, and Shved for Young. That is way more fair.

If the Wolves were to end up getting Wiggins, Bennett, and Young...and shedding two contracts. It has to be the greatest trade on paper ever.

kshutts1
08-09-2014, 11:30 AM
This trade works:

Philly gets Anthony Bennett and 1st pick

Cavs get Kevin Love

Minnesota get Andrew Wiggins, Thaddeus Young and a couple cheap players the Cavs acquired from the Jazz on non-guaranteed contracts

If anybody wants something more than they have to give up more. No reports said Cleveland or 76ers were giving up anymore that I know of. :confusedshrug:

Correction: Wolves can trade Barea and Martin TO PHILLY like mentioned and other teams don't have to add a thing. Cavs are over the cap so they'd have to put more on the table.

Philly is over 30 million under the cap if they trade Thaddeus Young and acquire Barea, Martin, Bennett. :lol
I could be wrong, but I'm 90% sure they're 30m under the cap now.

Young makes about 8m. Barea, Martin, Bennett combined make 15m? Just estimating. Now Philly is 23m under.

Then sign Embiid to his rookie deal. Now they're 18m under. And that's if they don't have any other rookies they need to sign (first round picks).

Meticode
08-09-2014, 11:32 AM
The 76er plan is to stockpile as many assets as possible. At this point, it doesn't matter if they have players playing the same positions. You try to get as many high end draft picks and talented players as possible and see who can become a star player.

Once you have the stars, then you use your cap space to lure the best free agents.

Hinkie is a mad genius rubbing it in the face of the NBA.
The thing though is, is that if all the players are playing the same position and aren't developing because there's a log jam there, how much can that asset prove their worth when they can't even play?

Dr.J4ever
08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
The thing though is, is that if all the players are playing the same position and aren't developing because there's a log jam there, how much can that asset prove their worth when they can't even play?

If they are good assets, you can trade one of them. Saric is coming at a minimum 2 years from now. At that point you can decide if you want to keep Bennet or Saric. You can trade them or bring one off the bench.

2 years of Bennet playing extensive minutes should give us a good idea of his worth and future.

04mzwach
08-09-2014, 12:16 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm 90% sure they're 30m under the cap now.

Young makes about 8m. Barea, Martin, Bennett combined make 15m? Just estimating. Now Philly is 23m under.

Then sign Embiid to his rookie deal. Now they're 18m under. And that's if they don't have any other rookies they need to sign (first round picks).
Correct. That's still a lot though. Philly should sign a big name sometime.

chocolatethunder
08-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Correct. That's still a lot though. Philly should sign a big name sometime.
Hinkie has stated clearly that he's not even entertaining signing a big name. He's going to concentrate on acquiring assets and developing them and then possibly go after a free agent.

Rameek
08-09-2014, 01:42 PM
The chances of the 76erz signing a FA is slim to none but they right route is to trade for a player under contract.

DMAVS41
08-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Hinkie has stated clearly that he's not even entertaining signing a big name. He's going to concentrate on acquiring assets and developing them and then possibly go after a free agent.

They should be terrible again this year. Then Embid and Saric come in...along with likely a top 5 pick.

They'll be improved in 2016, but still a lottery team.

Keep playing all the young guys to figure out what you have...and by 2017 they could make a couple nice free agency moves and become a contender quickly after if guys like Noel and Embid and Saric provide expected value.

chocolatethunder
08-09-2014, 02:29 PM
They should be terrible again this year. Then Embid and Saric come in...along with likely a top 5 pick.

They'll be improved in 2016, but still a lottery team.

Keep playing all the young guys to figure out what you have...and by 2017 they could make a couple nice free agency moves and become a contender quickly after if guys like Noel and Embid and Saric provide expected value.
I think that there's a possibility that they won't be a lottery team in 2016 but there's a possibility they won't be. This year for certain, in 2015-2016 if the east is still bad they could be an 8 seed or very high lottery which might as well not be in the lottery. Yes, I assume that once the team starts improving that Hinkie will try and sign one big free agent but that time won't come for another couple of years. Yeah, they should have a top five pick this year but Saric will come in at least two years from now. Hinkie stressed that at their press conference this year that Saric will be in Europe for at least two years. Either way, I love all the moves including Bennett.

GOBB
08-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Well unless this is a 3 team trade. I heard Bennett cant be traded in a separate deal for 60 days per CBA rules. :confusedshrug:

When it comes to sixers and trade rumors I dont buy them. I'll wait.

DMAVS Miami first, JJ Barea, Shved seems like the type of deal Sixers would do.

DMAVS41
08-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I think that there's a possibility that they won't be a lottery team in 2016 but there's a possibility they won't be. This year for certain, in 2015-2016 if the east is still bad they could be an 8 seed or very high lottery which might as well not be in the lottery. Yes, I assume that once the team starts improving that Hinkie will try and sign one big free agent but that time won't come for another couple of years. Yeah, they should have a top five pick this year but Saric will come in at least two years from now. Hinkie stressed that at their press conference this year that Saric will be in Europe for at least two years. Either way, I love all the moves including Bennett.

Well...

I bet they are the worst team in the league this year.
Lottery team in 2016.
Fringe playoff team in 2017.

Then all bets are off. Depending on the real value of some of these guys and free agency. 2018 could see them become a real player in the East.

We'll see. I bet they are pretty bad the next 2 years though. Embid will be a rookie essentially in 2016 and everyone else will still be young and they won't have added vets yet most likely because they probably want 1 more high pick before they start moving forward for wins.

I love the plan. No matter what happens...this plan is way better than going for 45 wins with Holiday and Young and Hawes and being first/2nd round fodder with no future title winning chances with that core.

DMAVS41
08-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Well unless this is a 3 team trade. I heard Bennett cant be traded in a separate deal for 60 days per CBA rules. :confusedshrug:

Yea, that deal certainly makes more sense.

The whole Bennett and Barea for Young thing makes no sense.

No way is Young on his contract worth Bennett.

Having said that, there is no reason for the Cavs to trade Bennett to get Love in the first place. So teams do dumb shit all the time. So who knows.

steve
08-09-2014, 04:27 PM

Well, keep in mind the trade for Love can't go down until August 23rd, so they can't release every particular right now (or have them all figured out because they technically can't be discussing the trade at the moment).

Also there's a limited window (like a day or two) where a player who was just traded can be included in a multiple player deal. After that brief grace period, they can only be traded in a deal where they are the only outgoing piece from the team. Otherwise it's a 2 month or so wait.

SpecialQue
08-09-2014, 04:30 PM
See Cavs fans?

GOBB
08-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Well, keep in mind the trade for Love can't go down until August 23rd, so they can't release every particular right now (or have them all figured out because they technically can't be discussing the trade at the moment).

Also there's a limited window (like a day or two) where a player who was just traded can be included in a multiple player deal. After that brief grace period, they can only be traded in a deal where they are the only outgoing piece from the team. Otherwise it's a 2 month or so wait.

That's true. Wait and see. Tired of speculating. :oldlol:

gyu
08-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Feel a bit bad for Young. Asked to be traded to a contender last season then 76ers trade Turner instead. Finally, when they trade him they trade him to the T'wolves.

chocolatethunder
08-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Well...

I bet they are the worst team in the league this year.
Lottery team in 2016.
Fringe playoff team in 2017.

Then all bets are off. Depending on the real value of some of these guys and free agency. 2018 could see them become a real player in the East.

We'll see. I bet they are pretty bad the next 2 years though. Embid will be a rookie essentially in 2016 and everyone else will still be young and they won't have added vets yet most likely because they probably want 1 more high pick before they start moving forward for wins.

I love the plan. No matter what happens...this plan is way better than going for 45 wins with Holiday and Young and Hawes and being first/2nd round fodder with no future title winning chances with that core.

Well put. As a Sixer fan I love this plan. I'd rather root for a cellar dweller with a plan than a perpetual 8 seed just spinning its wheels.