PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop saying Cleveland has a "Big 3"?

DukeDelonte13
08-08-2014, 11:57 AM
When they clearly have a big 4?

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/dion.jpg

People sleeping on Dion like it's nobody's business.

Call him a spark off the bench, yet another perimeter scoring threat, or insurance in case Kyrie goes down.

He averaged 16 ppg on 43% last year as a second year SG.

russwest0
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Call him a spark off the bench, yet another perimeter scoring threat, or insurance in case Kyrie goes down.

Didn't Varejao average like 14/14 a while back too :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LeBron forming a big 5 in the weakest conference of all time... let's see if it's finally enough for him to win a ring

Jlamb47
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Hes a good role player/4th option but theres no big 4 in cleveland its a big 3 IMO
Beal>Waiters

DukeDelonte13
08-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Hes a good role player/4th option but theres no big 4 in cleveland its a big 3 IMO
Beal>Waiters

Beal last season: 17 ppg on 41%

Uncle Drew
08-08-2014, 12:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtCY_c3CYAAPCm4.jpg

Dion's shot chart post all-star break. He's the real deal.

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Thread title led me to believe this would be another Kevin Love bashing thread. :oldlol: Well played.

Dion will be huge this year. Already one of the best slashers in the game, if he can improve his finishing ability at the rim, gets some whistles (being on Bron's team should help that), learns how to play off the ball and picks up his defense a little, he is all-star caliber. Not going to make it on a team contructed like this, but is all-star caliber for sure imo.

GrapeApe
08-08-2014, 12:02 PM
The term "big 3" has officially become more annoying and overused than the word "hashtag".

russwest0
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM

And this is just their FOURTH option? And they still have Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varejao, Mike Miller, and Shawn Marion after that?

Holy shit, the Cavaliers are stacked to the fukking brim....

ballinhun8
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM

He better work on those corner shots. That's where LBJ likes to give his assists to. Just ask Bosh, Ray, Battier.

edrick
08-08-2014, 12:04 PM
And this is just their FOURTH option? And they still have Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varejao, Mike Miller, and Shawn Marion after that?

Holy shit, the Cavaliers are stacked to the fukking brim....

Almost as much as the top West teams.

BlkMambaGOAT
08-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Yikes 0/11 from the right corner, Lebron ain't gonna be happy about that. Lebron ain't getting any bail-out assists from this guy.

El Gato Negro
08-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Thread title led me to believe this would be another Kevin Love bashing thread. :oldlol: Well played.

Dion will be huge this year. Already one of the best slashers in the game, if he can improve his finishing ability at the rim, gets some whistles (being on Bron's team should help that), learns how to play off the ball and picks up his defense a little, he is all-star caliber. Not going to make it on a team contructed like this, but is all-star caliber for sure imo.
very true that will help, my only complaint about dion is his ft shooting. hope he worked on that.

russwest0
08-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Almost as much as the top West teams.

Lol I wish OKC's big three averaged 75PPG together.... And I wish we had Waiters as the fourth option. And shit, Tristan, Varejao, Miller, and Marion would all be nice too....

Damn.... the Cavs are LOADED.....

Lebronxrings
08-08-2014, 12:06 PM
how many dudes out of the "Big 4" have made the playoffs?

GimmeThat
08-08-2014, 12:07 PM
that's one way to say you think 4 of their starters will end up having a positive +/- number when the season ends.

dubeta
08-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Lebrons the only star

russwest0
08-08-2014, 12:20 PM
that's one way to say you think 4 of their starters will end up having a positive +/- number when the season ends.

Varejao should have a positive +/- too....

They legit have a big 5 if everyone is healthy...

Shit is insane.

Lebronxrings
08-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Varejao should have a positive +/- too....

They legit have a big 5 if everyone is healthy...

Shit is insane.
:facepalm how many of them have made the playoffs?

Dragic4Life
08-08-2014, 12:27 PM
:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Before 2008 nobody ever even used the term "Big 3" lol

BigTicket
08-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Waiters is a decent starter, or good 6th man, but nothing more. He'll average 12-14 ppg on decent shooting numbers, but that's about it.

FatComputerNerd
08-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Waiters is criminally underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMcV3zElmlY

His handles are damn near as good as Kyrie's, and he plays with dat intensity...

D-Rose
08-08-2014, 01:08 PM
The fact that they can put Waiters and Irving out there against benches while James and Love rest is terrifying.

DukeDelonte13
08-08-2014, 01:36 PM
People also underrate Dion's ability to run the point.

Kid is a very good passer, IMO he has better vision than Kyrie.

FatComputerNerd
08-08-2014, 01:54 PM
People also underrate Dion's ability to run the point.

Kid is a very good passer, IMO he has better vision than Kyrie.

I don't know that I'd go that far, but he is certainly capable of playing at the PG spot for stretches.

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Before 2008 nobody ever even used the term "Big 3" lol
Damn Celtics. :oldlol:

SOD 21
08-08-2014, 02:16 PM
LeBron James went from having a cupboard devoid of talent when he left Cleveland and now has had an embarrassing wealth of riches when he went to Miami and now continues with Cleveland.

With another couple of the right veterans and this team will be far more loaded than even the last couple of years in Miami for Lebron.

Le Shaqtus
08-08-2014, 02:22 PM
I can see Dion being a diva because he's been reduced to a 4th option, just like he was being a baby about coming off the bench.

SOD 21
08-08-2014, 02:26 PM
I can see Dion being a diva because he's been reduced to a 4th option, just like he was being a baby about coming off the bench.

Isn't it easier to put your ego to the side when you're on a legitimate championship contender than a lottery bound team like they were last year?

tpols
08-08-2014, 02:46 PM
how many dudes out of the "Big 4" have made the playoffs?

If LeBron was on the wolves last year they don't even make the playoffs.

While a chalmers/wade/battier/bosh/love squad is favorites to win the east.

aj1987
08-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Lol I wish OKC's big three averaged 75PPG together.
They averaged 69 PPG TOGETHER. Love, Irving, and LeBron never played TOGETHER. We don't know that they'll average the same when they play on the same team.

If LeBron was on the wolves last year they don't even make the playoffs.

While a chalmers/wade/battier/bosh/love squad is favorites to win the east.
You think replacing Love with LeBron won't add 10 wins? :facepalm

Battier played like 10 minutes a game in the Playoffs.

tpols
08-08-2014, 03:00 PM
They averaged 69 PPG TOGETHER. Love, Irving, and LeBron never played TOGETHER. We don't know that they'll average the same when they play on the same team.

You think replacing Lover with LeBron won't add 10 wins? :facepalm

Battier played like 10 minutes a game in the Playoffs.

not really.. instead of playing in a cupcake division and conference theyre now facing playoff level competition most nights.

Minny has absolutely no bench.. a PG who cant even hit a 15 foot jumper let alone a 3.. kevin martin, coey brewer pekovic.. the team just sucked. Its really not a stretch to say Lebron would miss the playoffs on that roster out west

aj1987
08-08-2014, 03:03 PM
not really.. instead of playing in a cupcake division and conference theyre now facing playoff level competition most nights.

Minny has absolutely no bench.. a PG who cant even hit a 15 foot jumper let alone a 3.. kevin martin, coey brewer pekovic.. the team just sucked. Its really not a stretch to say Lebron would miss the playoffs on that roster out west
What are you even talking about? I KNOW what the Wolves' team was like. I just asked you a simple question. Do you honestly believe that replacing Love with LeBron wouldn't add 10 wins?

imdaman99
08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Can Waiters play anything like Ginobli? :eek:

Le Shaqtus
08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Isn't it easier to put your ego to the side when you're on a legitimate championship contender than a lottery bound team like they were last year?

If it were me? Absolutely, but some people will never put ego aside whether they're on a losing team or a winning team. Dion is good but LeBron, Kyrie and Love are gonna be the main offensive players on this team, and I can see Dion throwing a paddy wack because he's not getting his share of glory.

tpols
08-08-2014, 03:07 PM
What are you even talking about? I KNOW what the Wolves' team was like. I just asked you a simple question. Do you honestly believe that replacing Love with LeBron wouldn't add 10 wins?

On that team? No. They have a bunch of one dimensional poor defense playing starters. Rubio is the second best offensive player on the team and he wouldn't mesh w/ LeBron at all seeing as how hes possibly the worst shooting PG in the whole league. He meshed decently with love since love likes to spot up and work off the ball.

aj1987
08-08-2014, 05:50 PM
On that team? No. They have a bunch of one dimensional poor defense playing starters. Rubio is the second best offensive player on the team and he wouldn't mesh w/ LeBron at all seeing as how hes possibly the worst shooting PG in the whole league. He meshed decently with love since love likes to spot up and work off the ball.
They were 12th defensively. Miami was 11th. That team with LeBron would've easily made the playoffs as the 7th or the 8th seed. Not to mention that they lost 14 games by 4 or fewer points. Games which they could've actually won.

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Wolves with Love last Year lost the 2nd most games within 3 points ever... Or 5, dont remember. No closer.

But with LeBron instead they won't add 5-10 wins and make the playoffs?

jzek
08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Please list a more stacked team since the 80s.