PDA

View Full Version : Houston sign Kostas Papanikolaou

VengefulAngel
08-08-2014, 05:53 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Rockets have today struck a deal to bring Kostas Papanikolaou to Houston

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 05:57 PM
I've heard this guys name around here and there. Someone with European basketball knowledge give a good summary of his game?

VengefulAngel
08-08-2014, 05:58 PM
I've heard this guys name around here and there. Someone with European basketball knowledge give a good summary of his game?

Here his accomplishments.

Awards and accomplishments
]
Greek Youth All-Star Game: MVP: (2009)
2x Greek League Best Young Player: (2009, 2012)
2x Greek Cup Champion: (2010, 2011)
2x Euroleague Champion: (2012, 2013)
Greek League Champion: (2012)
2x Greek League Best Five Team: (2012, 2013)
Greek League All-Star: (2013)
Euroleague Rising Star: (2013)
Spanish League Champion: (2014)

Springsteen
08-08-2014, 06:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2Xo25JdXk

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Here his accomplishments.

Awards and accomplishments
]
Greek Youth All-Star Game: MVP: (2009)
2x Greek League Best Young Player: (2009, 2012)
2x Greek Cup Champion: (2010, 2011)
2x Euroleague Champion: (2012, 2013)
Greek League Champion: (2012)
2x Greek League Best Five Team: (2012, 2013)
Greek League All-Star: (2013)
Euroleague Rising Star: (2013)
Spanish League Champion: (2014)
Impressive but I was thinking more about his play style, NBA comparisons, etc.

flipogb
08-08-2014, 06:05 PM
another teammate that Harden and Howard won't give a sh*t about

r0drig0lac
08-08-2014, 06:08 PM
good player, unfortunately for him play with harden

Smook A.
08-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Can't wait to see what Euroleague (the poster) has to say about this

http://emotibot.net/pix/3318.gif

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 06:27 PM

3 and D player basically.
He's a good athlete, can shoot the 3 and he's a hustler.

imnew09
08-08-2014, 06:31 PM
another foreign scapegoat for Dwight and Harden

rezznor
08-08-2014, 06:31 PM

not saying you are wrong but the draft day commenters said he's not a good shooter. great hustler and defensive guy though. hopefully you have more current info and he's improved?

MP.Trey
08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks. Sounds like a good fit, although Houston could really use any supporting players they can get at this point.

rezznor
08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
another foreign scapegoat for Dwight and Harden

who was the first one?

Smook A.
08-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Which NBA player (past or present) would you compare him to?

Ray22
08-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Very energetic player, good athlete, and has the size for SF. Very good defender, especially his help defense, and excellent shot blocker for a SF. Offensively moves well off the ball, consistent 3p spot shooter, and able finisher at the rim.

Biggest weakness: lacks the handles to create for himself. Poor iso/post-up game.

But he is very experienced for his age, and in the right system he can be an extremely useful role player.

Jon_Koncak
08-08-2014, 06:36 PM
that's crazy money for a role player.

Rocketswin2013
08-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Very energetic player, good athlete, and has the size for SF. Very good defender, especially his help defense, and excellent shot blocker for a SF. Offensively moves well off the ball, consistent 3p spot shooter, and able finisher at the rim.

Biggest weakness: lacks the handles to create for himself. Poor iso/post-up game.

But he is very experienced for his age, and in the right system he can be an extremely useful role player.
:cheers:

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Which NBA player (past or present) would you compare him to?

I shouldn't answer you, you troll euro threads :lol

Let me think, currently he can be a Corey Brewer type of player basically.

Smook A.
08-08-2014, 08:48 PM
I shouldn't answer you, you troll euro threads :lol

Let me think, currently he can be a Corey Brewer type of player basically.
Lol I only troll when Euroleague, the poster, is around. It's funny when he gets angry and starts calling people morons.

Also, if Kostas can become like Brewer than this signing is pretty good :cheers:

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Lol I only troll when Euroleague, the poster, is around. It's funny when he gets angry and starts calling people morons.

Also, if Kostas can become like Brewer than this signing is pretty good :cheers:

I'm kinda tired of that because some of us like to have some real conversations , but oh well.. i can't fight that :lol

I don't think is corner 3's are consistent as Brewer, but he can shot perfectly the ball (not a terrific but a solid shoter).
Defense is where he standouts, long, athletic, agile, etc

Smook A.
08-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm kinda tired of that because some of us like to have some real conversations , but oh well.. i can't fight that :lol

I don't think is corner 3's are consistent as Brewer, but he can shot perfectly the ball (not a terrific but a solid shoter).
Defense is where he standouts, long, athletic, agile, etc
Exactly what Houston needs.

Thanks for the info, man.

bagelred
08-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Cost Us Pop A Nickel Ow!:bowdown:

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 08:55 PM
not saying you are wrong but the draft day commenters said he's not a good shooter. great hustler and defensive guy though. hopefully you have more current info and he's improved?

I totally forgot about your post, i answered some stuff above that you can read.

And man.. don't get me started on the draft day, they don't know jack about international players, they even put the wrong video on a prospect :oldlol:

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 09:00 PM

What money will he make?

Btw, there's some declarations he made last May:

NBA: I would sacrifice the money, if I had playing time

Houston Rockets have his NBA rights and during the season they tried to sign him. His answer was negative. Our question is really simple. When he will go to the NBA?

“Nothing changed in my thoughts about the NBA. If I get a good chance, I will go. However, I am new in this team, they have treated me with respect and I only think about Barcelona. A team that helps me evolve my game and be better. So, I don’t know what will happen, if I will end up in the NBA this summer or the next one.

I will need a balanced combination between the contract I will be offered and my role in a NBA team, in order to sign there. I don’t mean of course that I will demand the same kind of money that I get from Barcelona.

For sure I am ready to sacrifice some money in order to get there. You have to make sacrifices in order to make your dreams a reality. But the way I will be approached, will play a pivotal role in my decision. I play in one of the best teams in Europe. I don’t want just to sign in the NBA without having a place in a team’s rotation.

I don’t want something like a guarantee, I know how things work in the States. But I want to be sure that I will get an equal chance and they will trust me in order to get there, fight and establish myself in the NBA”.

Smook A.
08-08-2014, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Maga_1]What money will he make?

Houston Rockets have his NBA rights and during the season they tried to sign him. His answer was negative. Our question is really simple. When he will go to the NBA?

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 09:06 PM
4 million this year and next year.

He will have to pay 750.000 from his pocket, but it's still nice.

UK2K
08-08-2014, 09:19 PM
6 points and 3 boards in euroleague.

Not sure why that's worth 5m.

Maga_1
08-08-2014, 09:20 PM
6 points and 3 boards in euroleague.

Not sure why that's worth 5m.

Ricky Rubio was 6 and 5 in Euroleague, isn't he worth more then 5M? :lol

Human Error
08-08-2014, 09:33 PM
How much will he receive?

FireMcFailPlease
08-08-2014, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2Xo25JdXk
Came to post this.

One of the all time Knick draft day reactions. Sweet Lin jerseys

RRR3
08-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Can't wait to see what Euroleague (the poster) has to say about this

http://emotibot.net/pix/3318.gif
:applause: :applause: :applause: Twin peaks gif (repped)

Dr.J4ever
08-08-2014, 11:26 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: Twin peaks gif (repped)

I already know. He will say Kostas is the 5th best player on his team:lol

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 04:48 AM
He's basically a hustle and energy guy. He's very active and competitive, plays with a lot of heart and passion.

Mainly that's what he brings.

In general he's incredibly overrated by US media and NBA fans, just like every single other player in Europe that was an NBA draft pick and had not been signed by an NBA team, and now also super over hyped since he now got signed by an NBA team.

He is very, very clutch though and he's a big game player that hits big shots.

But he's basically a hustle and energy guy.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 04:55 AM

I already had that discussion before here. I don't get why everyone from Europe keeps saying that....

He's not a good athlete. He's only decent if you consider him only as a power forward. There is absolutely no way he is a good athlete if you use him as a small forward.

He's slow, slow, slow as hell. he can't guard any small forwards one on one in Euroleague and everyone that watches Euroleague should know that. He is very, very SLOW laterally. One of, maybe the slowest small forward in the Euroleague.

If you use him as a small ball four, then he's a decent athlete, noting more than that. Certainly not "good".

What he has is a very, very intense motor and energy hustle and effort and people evidently confuse that as "athleticism". But actually he's not athletic, and even in fact since he isn't actually athletic, and since he plays with such high intensity, he will burn his motor out quickly from playing so hard.

He plays like a rich man's Ryan Bowen if you will. You probably don't know him because he only played briefly in Euroleague and Spanish League before he got cut by Baskonia. But NBA fans should remember him because he played a long time in NBA.

Ryan Bowen was not athletic, he just played with great intensity and effort, so it could have a similar effect in covering space.

Papanikolaou is like a rich man's version of Bowen.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-09-2014, 05:02 AM
He's basically a hustle and energy guy. He's very active and competitive, plays with a lot of heart and passion.

Mainly that's what he brings.

In general he's incredibly overrated by US media and NBA fans, just like every single other player in Europe that was an NBA draft pick and had not been signed by an NBA team, and now also super over hyped since he now got signed by an NBA team.

He is very, very clutch though and he's a big game player that hits big shots.

But he's basically a hustle and energy guy.

sounds sort of like robert horry...

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:07 AM

If you are talking about Fran Fraschilla, that guy has never once made a correct statement about a European player on draft night.

He's a complete clown, joke, and a troll.

The fact that NBA only fans listen to him and think he's some kind of legit source is truly pathetic. He's a troll at the same level as guys like gabepizza in this forum. I don't think he's ever once approached a factual statement about a European player at the draft.

As for Papanikolaou being a good shooter....he's a good stand still spot up shooter. So yes, if he's left wide open he's a good shooter. Other than that, no.

If he has his feet set and he gets a wide open set look off the catch and shoot, he will knock shots down at a good percentage. If you expect shooting ability in anything more than that, he will be pretty terrible. Often if he would even try to take his own shot off the dribble it would be an air ball.

So he isn't a "good shooter" as in being able to score, create his own shot, variety of shot situations, or anything like that. But he's a very good set shooter. So it would depend on what kind of looks he would get within an offense.

He definitely knows his limitation though. He's pretty much only going to for the most part take open jump shots off the creation of others or off kick outs, or swing passes, from the inside outside game and stuff like that.

So that kind of Shane Battier, Bruce Bowen style approach. However, where those guys were much better from the corners and not as good from the top of the key, Papanikolaou does not have that limitation. He can hit 3s from anywhere effectively if he's open.

Again, Fraschilla is a complete hack. Ignore everything that clown says. I've been telling people that here after every draft.

Dr.J4ever
08-09-2014, 05:09 AM
I already had that discussion before here. I don't get why everyone from Europe keeps saying that....

He's not a good athlete. He's only decent if you consider him only as a power forward. There is absolutely no way he is a good athlete if you use him as a small forward.

He's slow, slow, slow as hell. he can't guard any small forwards one on one in Euroleague and everyone that watches Euroleague should know that. He is very, very SLOW laterally. One of, maybe the slowest small forward in the Euroleague.

If you use him as a small ball four, then he's a decent athlete, noting more than that. Certainly not "good".

What he has is a very, very intense motor and energy hustle and effort and people evidently confuse that as "athleticism". But actually he's not athletic, and even in fact since he isn't actually athletic, and since he plays with such high intensity, he will burn his motor out quickly from playing so hard.

He plays like a rich man's Ryan Bowen if you will. You probably don't know him because he only played briefly in Euroleague and Spanish League before he got cut by Baskonia. But NBA fans should remember him because he played a long time in NBA.

Ryan Bowen was not athletic, he just played with great intensity and effort, so it could have a similar effect in covering space.

Papanikolaou is like a rich man's version of Bowen.

Never heard of Ryan Bowen. I thought you were talking about Bruce for a second there 'till you mentioned his name.

Seriously you should be happy for your countryman Nikolas that he will finally "fulfill" his "dream" of playing in the NBA. He was even willing to take a pay cut to have minutes for Houston. Read his quote in an earlier post on this thread.

Vspan's dream too was to play in the NBA. Hopefully he can soon sign for an NBA team and play well so he can continue on with his "dream".

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:11 AM

Again, people saying this stuff are either bullshitting, or if they do watch him play don't understand basic scouting principles. He's not a good athlete at all. He's well below average by Euroleague standards for SF position. More like WAY BELOW. He's slow as hell for a SF in Euroleague.

And he isn't a "good defender". He's a very good TEAM defender. He's also a very good weak side defender, help defender, and he can make great hustle plays on defense.

But he's only a good man defender as a 4. He cannot guard anyone in space at the 3 in Euroleague. So you can't just say "he's a good defender", because that's just a blanket statement and isn't true.

You have to be able to guard your man in space in half court one to one to be a "good defender". He is physically incapable of doing that at the Euroleague level.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:20 AM

In Euroleague way of counting salary it's about 1.55 million euros a season.

It's definitely for sure overpaid and way more than he's worth. But it's not in the category of "crazy money". What Mirotic got is more like crazy money, considering he was like the 5th to 6th most important player on Real Madrid.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:23 AM

You are not trolling. You have said in dozens of threads that I never posted in that Spanoulis was the worst player in NBA history and that he isn't good enough to make an NBA roster.

Yet the Rockets have like 15 guys that are Eurocup level (league below Euroleague) on their team, and like 1/3 of Olympiacos' team are now on the Rockets.....ALL of them were role players in that Olympiacos team, where Spanoulis was the league MVP and star of the team.

And you are NOT trolling, because you say that in many, many threads that I never posted in.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:29 AM
[QUOTE=Maga_1]What money will he make?

Oly BC
08-09-2014, 05:29 AM
Seriously you should be happy for your countryman Nikolas that he will finally "fulfill" his "dream" of playing in the NBA. He was even willing to take a pay cut to have minutes for Houston. Read his quote in an earlier post on this thread.

Except he rejected the worse offer and accepted this one which is an improvement over what he's payed now.

In any case, the 4th ex Olympiacos player for the rockets and the first one we didn't release!
Great day for Houston, their fans can cross that out of their wish list.

Oly BC
08-09-2014, 05:30 AM
He only took a little bit less money though. 1.9 million euros in Barca, and this salary in Houston is 1.55 million euros equivalent to how the Euroleague counts salary.

I think the buyout and the annual wages were 1.5 mil each.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:33 AM
4 million this year and next year.

$9.4 million over the next 2 years. In Euroleague salary it's the same as 3.10 million over 2 years.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:36 AM
I think the buyout and the annual wages were 1.5 mil each.

He was getting 1.8/1.9/1.9 in Barca not counting the buyout. Greek media are generally full of shit when they report salaries of players. And Spanish media are almost as bad. The two worst in Europe, but none are as bad as Greek media.

As an example, they simply outright lie for years about how much money Spanoulis makes.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:49 AM
sounds sort of like robert horry...

Well, Papanikolaou is left handed, so that is a difference.

Strange now that I think about it.....

Because Horry always had very low production and numbers and basically was physically a small forward, but you could only effective use him as a power forward because he was too slow to guard 3s in space, which is the same exact case with Papanikolaou...

All the European fans keep saying he's "athletic and a good defender", but that's just not the case as I am saying, he will get wrecked badly as a small forward in space on defense - I mean EVERY time any decent 3 in Euroleague killed him.

But then suddenly, out of nowhere, Horry would have a big game, even if it was just once a year when his team needed it to win a title, or he would hit a big clutch shot at a huge moment just when his team needed...only just being able to do that off of a catch and shoot...

Hmm, in a strange way, yes, somehow he is similar to Horry like that. But this would be older version of Horry. The younger Horry was of course way more athletic. And still, Horry was never really a hustle and energy guy. Papanikolaou is fiery, energetic, that type of guy. Plays with passion.

I don't know, it's hard to come up with a comparison. But you can't imply he's Horry level, because he is not. But he is similar that he could be a 6 points 5 rebounds guy, then suddenly hit a game winning shot, as Horry would do. He's similar in that way.

I think pretty clearly though, he isn't going to have any success at all unless he becomes a PF. Euroleague teams he was in in Olympiacos and Barca were playing tremendous team defense and also could clog the lane.

In NBA this just is not happening, so I don't see any way possible teams can let him play as a SF to be honest. I might be wrong, but I mean Euroleague SFs just ate him alive. So he has to become a PF I think in NBA.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Never heard of Ryan Bowen. I thought you were talking about Bruce for a second there 'till you mentioned his name.

Vspan's dream too was to play in the NBA. Hopefully he can soon sign for an NBA team and play well so he can continue on with his "dream".

Stop being such jerk. I already told you here the Rockets were negotiating with Spanoulis in that thread you were trolling in and bumping all the time. That you thought was so funny.

The hilarious thing is it never once occurred to any of you clowns.

I am just waiting though, because I WILL demand long bans from every person that trolled in that thread.

Like I said in that thread, the Rockets have been negotiating with him, and right after I said that....they signed Dorsey and then tried to sign Papanikolaou, and now did sign him.

Papanikolaou is extremely close to Spanoulis. They are extremely close friends and Spanoulis is his personal mentor. He would NOT agree to sign with Houston unless Spanoulis approved it.

I will have the last laugh here eventually.

UK2K
08-09-2014, 06:02 AM
So... hes butt?

I watched some highlight videos and the guys he was playing against were butt too.

Guy looks like the an old dude who tries to run pick up games at the park. Slow, slow, slow shot release.

Im not even sure he can dunk the ball.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Except he rejected the worse offer and accepted this one which is an improvement over what he's payed now.

In any case, the 4th ex Olympiacos player for the rockets and the first one we didn't release!
Great day for Houston, their fans can cross that out of their wish list.

How long will it be until Glyniadakis is signed by the Rockets?

After all he was an NBA draft pick, he played in the NBA, he won D-League championship, multiple Euroleague championships, he has played in the Olympics, he even trains with Giannis "the greatest European player ever" right now....hell his "resume" is much more impressive than Dorsey's. Plus he's 7-1.

I bet he was too expensive for the Rockets though. I mean PAOK wanted to sign him but they said he "asked for too much". Probably the same case with the Rockets.

I guess we should start calling them Houston Reds? They are like the 2nd team of Olympiacos. Maybe Angelopoulos brothers should sign an agreement with Morey so the Rockets can "develop young talents" for Olympiacos and when they are ready for the big time they can get called up to the big club in Piraeus. And in return, Olympiacos can send all the players that are not good enough down to the minor league AAA in Houston to help them out, since basically that's what it seems is already happening.

Dorsey
Beverley
Powell

Shit is too freaking hilarious. Just imagine if they had such a system in place when Childress played there, Olympiacos would have been spared that nightmare mistake they made and could have simply sent him down to the minor league farm club in Houston.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 06:12 AM
So... hes butt?

I watched some highlight videos and the guys he was playing against were butt too.

Guy looks like the an old dude who tries to run pick up games at the park. Slow, slow, slow shot release.

Im not even sure he can dunk the ball.

Another racist black supremacist.

UK2K
08-09-2014, 06:30 AM
Another racist black supremacist.
Im not black, Im Filipino lol

I watched a few highlight videos of his and they were just him shooting slow three pointers and lay ups and such. Dont remember him dunking.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Im not black, Im Filipino lol

I watched a few highlight videos of his and they were just him shooting slow three pointers and lay ups and such. Dont remember him dunking.

Your point?

Choke94
08-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Very interesting move by the Rockets with lots of potential!!
Now since they have so many ex-Olympiacos players, only thing they have to do is sign Du

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Choke94]Very interesting move by the Rockets with lots of potential!!
Now since they have so many ex-Olympiacos players, only thing they have to do is sign Du

gabepizza
08-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Have you looked at that roster?

If that team makes 2nd round in the western conference playoffs then it absolutely confirms the NBA is lower level than Euroleague. Most of the players on the roster are Eurocup level players.

Bulls*&it. Lie, lie and more lies. Name each player and I will prove every single one you mention is a lie.

As for Patrick Beverly yes he was released by Olympiacos and then he went to Eurocup but he was the freaking MVP of the whole league and remember in your own words Eurocup has some "pretty strong teams" that finish ahead of Euroleague teams in the regional leagues.

I actually did some research on Joey Dorsey. This is his stats when he was a starter on Olympiacos when they won the championship:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10423300

Led the Euroleague champions in rebounds and was top 7 in MPG (that was his average but as the season wore on the games got bigger he was got more burn being a top 5 in MPG for the final four).

So Dorsey was a rotation player on the Euroleague champions who led the them in rebounds. Beverly was the MVP for the whole league of Eurocup, a league which has some teams that are better than Euroleague.

And don't forget the Rockets also have Howard and Harden, two players who never in their dreams would stoop down to playing in Euroleague and the 2nd they step on the court would be MVP of the league. (I mean the NBA role player Kirilenko, way past his prime, played one season in Euroleague and was league MVP and DPOY, imagine what Howard would so. It would be like a man against boys)

Any more lies of your I can debunk??

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Bulls*&it. Lie, lie and more lies. Name each player and I will prove every single one you mention is a lie.

As for Patrick Beverly yes he was released by Olympiacos and then he went to Eurocup but he was the freaking MVP of the whole league and remember in your own words Eurocup has some "pretty strong teams" that finish ahead of Euroleague teams in the regional leagues.

I actually did some research on Joey Dorsey. This is his stats when he was a starter on Olympiacos when they won the championship:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10423300

Led the Euroleague champions in rebounds and was top 7 in MPG (that was his average but as the season wore on the games got bigger he was got more burn being a top 5 in MPG for the final four).

So Dorsey was a rotation player on the Euroleague champions who led the them in rebounds. Beverly was the MVP for the whole league of Eurocup, a league which has some teams that are better than Euroleague.

And don't forget the Rockets also have Howard and Harden, two players who never in their dreams would stoop down to playing in Euroleague and the 2nd they step on the court would be MVP of the league. (I mean the NBA role player Kirilenko, way past his prime, played one season in Euroleague and was league MVP and DPOY, imagine what Howard would so. It would be like a man against boys)

Any more lies of your I can debunk??

"I actually did some research"................

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Good god this guy is the biggest troll of all time.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

gabepizza
08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
"I actually did some research"................

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Good god this guy is the biggest troll of all time.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You always know Euroleague has been caught in a bold face lie when he doesn't respond to your post and just calls you a troll or says you have a low iq.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Gabepizza...always ready to debunk the lies of Euroleague!

oarabbus
08-09-2014, 12:51 PM

The player Houston needs, but not the player it deserves

You really think McHale will give him a chance? Just another bottle in Morey's cellar. Another Pokemon in his collection :lol

oarabbus
08-09-2014, 12:52 PM

If that team makes 2nd round in the western conference playoffs then it absolutely confirms the NBA is lower level than Euroleague. Most of the players on the roster are Eurocup level players.

So EL, are there ANY euro players who have ever played in the nba that aren't scrubs? Ever?

MiseryCityTexas
08-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Well, Papanikolaou is left handed, so that is a difference.

Strange now that I think about it.....

Because Horry always had very low production and numbers and basically was physically a small forward, but you could only effective use him as a power forward because he was too slow to guard 3s in space, which is the same exact case with Papanikolaou...

All the European fans keep saying he's "athletic and a good defender", but that's just not the case as I am saying, he will get wrecked badly as a small forward in space on defense - I mean EVERY time any decent 3 in Euroleague killed him.

But then suddenly, out of nowhere, Horry would have a big game, even if it was just once a year when his team needed it to win a title, or he would hit a big clutch shot at a huge moment just when his team needed...only just being able to do that off of a catch and shoot...

Hmm, in a strange way, yes, somehow he is similar to Horry like that. But this would be older version of Horry. The younger Horry was of course way more athletic. And still, Horry was never really a hustle and energy guy. Papanikolaou is fiery, energetic, that type of guy. Plays with passion.

I don't know, it's hard to come up with a comparison. But you can't imply he's Horry level, because he is not. But he is similar that he could be a 6 points 5 rebounds guy, then suddenly hit a game winning shot, as Horry would do. He's similar in that way.

I think pretty clearly though, he isn't going to have any success at all unless he becomes a PF. Euroleague teams he was in in Olympiacos and Barca were playing tremendous team defense and also could clog the lane.

In NBA this just is not happening, so I don't see any way possible teams can let him play as a SF to be honest. I might be wrong, but I mean Euroleague SFs just ate him alive. So he has to become a PF I think in NBA.

You couldn't say that about Robert Horry's game in the early to mid 90s when he played for the Rockets, and his early years with the Lakers. Robert Horry could successfully guard both pf and sf positions when he was in his 20s.

Buzissa
08-09-2014, 01:38 PM
France vs. Greece live here: http://polysportstv.net/live/?ch=4#rojadirecta.me
Papanikolaou and Antetokounmpo playing.

Ray22
08-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Again, people saying this stuff are either bullshitting, or if they do watch him play don't understand basic scouting principles. He's not a good athlete at all. He's well below average by Euroleague standards for SF position. More like WAY BELOW. He's slow as hell for a SF in Euroleague.

And he isn't a "good defender". He's a very good TEAM defender. He's also a very good weak side defender, help defender, and he can make great hustle plays on defense.

But he's only a good man defender as a 4. He cannot guard anyone in space at the 3 in Euroleague. So you can't just say "he's a good defender", because that's just a blanket statement and isn't true.

You have to be able to guard your man in space in half court one to one to be a "good defender". He is physically incapable of doing that at the Euroleague level.

Pap is a good athlete and a very good defender, as I said. And no, he is not 'slow as hell' (:facepalm).

Athleticism and Speed ≠ lateral quickness.

So you can't just say "he's a good defender", because that's just a blanket statement and isn't true.

Yeah, I am not going to write an essay on Pap. I wrote that he's a very good help (team) defender, and a great shot blocker. There are better, man-to-man defenders. But, overall, he is a very good defender.

Euroleague
08-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Pap is a good athlete and a very good defender, as I said. And no, he is not 'slow as hell' (:facepalm).

Athleticism and Speed ≠ lateral quickness.

Yeah, I am not going to write an essay on Pap. I wrote that he's a very good help (team) defender, and a great shot blocker. There are better, man-to-man defenders. But, overall, he is a very good defender.

Name one single 3 in Euroleague that he can defend man to man in open space.

You can't just make blanket statements like that. You need to back it up. What you are saying is not true. It's false.

So go ahead then. Name me even ONE.

Ray22
08-09-2014, 03:13 PM

You can't just make blanket statements like that. You need to back it up. What you are saying is not true. It's false.

Listen, Euroleague. I have better things to do with my time than debating the obvious.

You know very well that Pap is a very good defender, one of the best in Europe in his position.

No need to get defensive for the trolls.

Kvnzhangyay
08-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Guess his nickname is gonna be kpop

Smook A.
08-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Guess his nickname is gonna be kpop
K Pop is cool. I like K-Papa or Papa K

Maga_1
08-09-2014, 03:53 PM

I disagree with you about Papanikolau's defense, but it's ok.
Got another question that nothing as to do with him, do you think any of this 3 guys, Llull, Navarro or Carrol are good defenders?

Fowl
08-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Anybody feel like hes going to get completely screwed by the Rockets? I bet they're promising him playtime now and are just going to let rot on the bench.

Oly BC
08-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Anybody feel like hes going to get completely screwed by the Rockets? I bet they're promising him playtime now and are just going to let rot on the bench.
Hopefully, then we sign him as a free agent :pimp:

VIP2000
08-09-2014, 04:49 PM

More like, Morey will probably trade him mid-season. Because he makes like 5 or 6 trades every year.

rezznor
08-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I totally forgot about your post, i answered some stuff above that you can read.

And man.. don't get me started on the draft day, they don't know jack about international players, they even put the wrong video on a prospect :oldlol:
thanks

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 02:16 AM
Listen, Euroleague. I have better things to do with my time than debating the obvious.

You know very well that Pap is a very good defender, one of the best in Europe in his position.

No need to get defensive for the trolls.

He's slow as hell and he would get destroyed man to man in half court in isolation in open space by every single small forward in Euroleague. That's just the fact and the truth.

I don't understand why people can't admit that.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 02:21 AM
I disagree with you about Papanikolau's defense, but it's ok.
Got another question that nothing as to do with him, do you think any of this 3 guys, Llull, Navarro or Carrol are good defenders?

Llull is a good defender mainly against typical wings. So if you are talking about the typical 6-5 to 6-7 wing , then yes he is a very good defender against those guys.

He's not a good defender against quick and athletic point guards are combo guards that are also very good ball handlers and quick and athletic.

Example...he can be very good against a guy like Kobe....that kind of player, but not against a guy like Spanoulis. So it is really up to how his coach uses him. Unfortunately for him, Laso is almost always using him to guard point guards and quick combo guards. He's simply too slow to guard point guards and quick combo guards, but he can be very effective to guard those big wings.

So same issue as Papanikolaou. It's how the coach would use him. Too slow to guard small forwards, but he could be very effective to guard against power forwards, if the coach used him that way. Although then you would have a problem on rebounding, not because he can't rebound, but because he spends the whole game on offense behind the 3 point line. So again, it would really depend on what the coach wants.

Carroll is horrendous on defense. Which is sad because he's more than athletic enough to be good on defense.

Navarro is actually one of the most underrated defenders ever probably. He has the rep of being this horrible defender, when he has always been a very good team defender, and in man defense he's nothing below above average. He also always gives a lot of effort on defense if he is physically able to.

He's not what you would call a really good defender or not great by any means at all...not even very good, but he's a solid to good defender, which is much different from the reputation he somehow got of being awful.

ukfan22
08-10-2014, 02:23 AM
Euroleague, do you have any thoughts on Kentucky playing two exhibition games against Champagne Chalons-Reims this week? They have a few former college players I recognize.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 02:27 AM

If Morey does that, Spanoulis will probably fly their mid season and go to his office in person.

Dr.J4ever
08-10-2014, 02:34 AM
If Morey does that, Spanoulis will probably fly their mid season and go to his office in person.

Is Vspan negotiating with Houston now? Isn't Vspan under contract with Olympiacos?

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Euroleague, do you have any thoughts on Kentucky playing two exhibition games against Champagne Chalons-Reims this week? They have a few former college players I recognize.

It's fairly common that college teams do this. People don't realize it, but NCAA I teams do this all the time. They go to Europe and play against senior men's clubs.

However, typically they play against teams in SECOND divisions in national leagues.

Like for example, usually they play against the best 2nd national divisions like 2nd league of Italy, Spain, Greece.

It's not that normal to play against 1st division teams. Chalons' is a 1st division team. But they play in French League, which is a much lower quality. French League is a much lower level than the basketball in those other countries.

The difference though is that it's 1st division, so because of that it would be tougher. In France it's different than most other leagues, because the teams are all about at the same level in France. The parity is ridiculous in French League.

So that's a pretty ambitious attempt by Kentucky. Of course it's Kentucky, so that probably explains it, being their coach's personality and everything.

Understand this isn't Euroleague level, but still that is pretty damn ambitious for a college team, even one like Kentucky.

Because just to give you an idea, when college teams went to play in Greece 2nd division and Spain 2nd division a few years ago, and these were Division I, and all of them are big name schools you would recognize - they went like 0-6.

A first division French team, and one like Chalons', that is legit as a first division team, is going to be definitely harder than those teams.

The only thing I would say is, that at this point in time, teams in Europe have not started training yet, and they have not finished their rosters yet.

So probably they just called their first team players, which would be maybe just half the team, and they have not trained yet. And then the rest of the team would probably be filled in by the junior club, which would be local high school players.

That's usually how those games go when it is this early. And when college teams usually come to Europe, also a lot of the times, the best 2 or 3 players of the European club will sit the game out also.

So I don't know. Then again it is Kentucky, so I'm not sure if Chalons' would actually do that, because if they did they would probably start losing.

I'm not sure, I would have to go to their website and look up their roster and see.

There is also a sportsmanship rule in these games when amateurs play professionals. But when they use it they don't allow it in the box scores. They just artificially add it in. So you can't tell they added points in. So no one can see they did that.

For example, when Greece national team would play against some college national teams, they would do that, by giving them like 40 or 50 points extra. But you can't tell it in the box score because they just add it in. But somehow I don't think Calipari would allow that.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 02:50 AM
Papanikolau > Shitnoulis

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Papanikolau > Shitnoulis

Person in this forum that first said that was gabepizza.

Person in interbasket that first said was KWSN-Men.

Person that first said that in clutchfans was SamFisher.

Yep, you are definitely the same troll.

Dr.J4ever
08-10-2014, 02:58 AM
Papanikolau > Shitnoulis

I think Pap had a good game in a friendly for Team Greece with 18 points vs. France, i think.

qrich
08-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Over/Under:

10 Games for Papa to score 85 points*?

Spanoulis' career total

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:00 AM
Please Euroleague, explain to ISH community your positive rep points. You have at least 5 alt accounts.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Here is Chalons' roster according to their website:

http://www.ccrbasket.com/Equipe/effectif/id/1/type/joueurs

Yeah, they have not completed their roster yet. They only have 9 players and they would have just gotten to the team.

So probably they would fill the team out with the junior club guys for the game, and then also maybe they would sit some of those better players also and sub in some junior players. Some of those guys maybe have not even gotten to the team yet, or possibly some of them are not actually on the team (I'm not sure how accurate that list is).

I'm just speculating, but that's usually how they do it in these games. Who knows though, Calipari's ego is so big that he might ask Chalons' to put all of their 9 men's players in.

Anyway, even without any preparation, that is a pretty imposing line of players for a college team - even one like Kentucky.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:04 AM
V-Shitnoulis NBA career, Euro T-Mac

http://i62.tinypic.com/20kp3sj.jpg

Papanikolaou should surpass this record in 20 games, to become greatest Greek in the NBA.

Dr.J4ever
08-10-2014, 03:05 AM
So what EL? Is Vspan negotiating with Houston? Isn't he under contract with Olymp?

No trolling here. Just curious with the facts or at the very least from your inside sources...

Smook A.
08-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Person in this forum that first said that was gabepizza.

Person in interbasket that first said was KWSN-Men.

Person that first said that in clutchfans was SamFisher.

Yep, you are definitely the same troll.
You actually remember their names? :roll:

Smook A.
08-10-2014, 03:09 AM
V-Shitnoulis NBA career, Euro T-Mac

http://i62.tinypic.com/20kp3sj.jpg

Papanikolaou should surpass this record in 20 games, to become greatest Greek in the NBA.
K-Papa will be 2nd. Giannis will still be #1

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 03:14 AM
K-Papa will be 2nd. Giannis will still be #1

How the hell is he better than Seikaly or Peja?

STFU.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:14 AM
yup, i forgot Giannis. Future GOAT Greek player. Poor Giannis's family, had to sell fish in Athens to survive. Shame on Greece politics toward immigrants.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 03:16 AM
yup, i forgot Giannis. Future GOAT Greek player. Poor Giannis's family, had to sell fish in Athens to survive. Shame on Greece politics toward immigrants.

Get a new troll alias gabepizza. This one is compromised.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Get a new troll alias gabepizza. This one is compromised.

gabepizza is other half of your split personality

Smook A.
08-10-2014, 03:21 AM

STFU.
He has a chance

Dr.J4ever
08-10-2014, 03:29 AM

STFU.

Very insulting for the people of the former Yugoslavia for you to claim Peja as Greek. Even if he's a Greek citizen now, you very well know his roots are with Serbia and the former Yugoslavia.

The 76ers Joel Embiid is Cameroonian. If he becomes a US citizen later on, could we call him an American basketball player? Only in a sense perhaps, but if you wanted to be truly honest, you just can't.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Peja was given Greek citizenship due to wars in Ex-Yugoslavia, once when war was finished, guy decided to play for country where his heart belong, and that was Yugoslavia.

Euroleague go home. Arkansas is waiting for you.

Dr.J4ever
08-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Peja was given Greek citizenship due to wars in Ex-Yugoslavia, once when war was finished, guy decided to play for country where his heart belong, and that was Yugoslavia.

Yup, I still remember that powerful Yugoslavia team that defeated the US in 2002 with Peja, Divac, Jaric, Bodiroga. It's a shame he never got to play in the NBA.
:applause:

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:51 AM
Time passes man. I stumbled upon Nicolas Batum pic on instagram, where he posted pic of Bodiroga and Pipen as his role model players.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 04:37 AM
Yup, I still remember that powerful Yugoslavia team that defeated the US in 2002 with Peja, Divac, Jaric, Bodiroga. It's a shame he never got to play in the NBA.
:applause:

Peja has lived in Greece since he was 16 you racist POS.

Jon Koncak even came in the forum and told you it was true that Peja is Greek and lives there and was in Greece's national team and the other players decided not to allow it because they didn't want the controversy at the time because of the wars going on.

Just exactly like I said.

**** YOU

He is GREEK.

He has been there since he was freaking 16 years old. Why the hell would he be living there all this damn time if he wasn't considering himself Greek?

You are such a disgusting POS.

There are literally thousands of articles on the internet confirming everything I say and the guy says he is Greek over and over and over......and yet you disgusting POS bastards keep posting this same crap.

ENOUGH. Official complaint is going to Jeff.

qrich
08-10-2014, 04:52 AM
Giannis is American you racist POS!!

He has been living in the US for the majority of the year ever since he was 18!

Racist POS!!!

Smook A.
08-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Peja has lived in Greece since he was 16 you racist POS.

Jon Koncak even came in the forum and told you it was true that Peja is Greek and lives there and was in Greece's national team and the other players decided not to allow it because they didn't want the controversy at the time because of the wars going on.

Just exactly like I said.

**** YOU

He is GREEK.

He has been there since he was freaking 16 years old. Why the hell would he be living there all this damn time if he wasn't considering himself Greek?

You are such a disgusting POS.

There are literally thousands of articles on the internet confirming everything I say and the guy says he is Greek over and over and over......and yet you disgusting POS bastards keep posting this same crap.

ENOUGH. Official complaint is going to Jeff.
All he said was that Peja isn't Greek. How does that make him racist? :oldlol:

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 05:01 AM
Giannis is American you racist POS!!

He has been living in the US for the majority of the year ever since he was 18!

Racist POS!!!

When he declares himself American and lives the rest of his life there and raises his whole family there, then you can talk.

That's what Peja did.

He is Greek. And every single person here that says he is not proves they are an incredibly pathetic POS of a person.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Euroleague is Jeff
Euroleague is gabepizza

PERIOD. LIAR. PSYCOPATH. :roll: :roll:

Predrag Peja Stojakovic is greatest Serbian player in NBA. Sorry Euroleague/gabepizza

ukfan22
08-10-2014, 05:36 AM
It's fairly common that college teams do this. People don't realize it, but NCAA I teams do this all the time. They go to Europe and play against senior men's clubs.

However, typically they play against teams in SECOND divisions in national leagues.

Like for example, usually they play against the best 2nd national divisions like 2nd league of Italy, Spain, Greece.

It's not that normal to play against 1st division teams. Chalons' is a 1st division team. But they play in French League, which is a much lower quality. French League is a much lower level than the basketball in those other countries.

The difference though is that it's 1st division, so because of that it would be tougher. In France it's different than most other leagues, because the teams are all about at the same level in France. The parity is ridiculous in French League.

So that's a pretty ambitious attempt by Kentucky. Of course it's Kentucky, so that probably explains it, being their coach's personality and everything.

Understand this isn't Euroleague level, but still that is pretty damn ambitious for a college team, even one like Kentucky.

Because just to give you an idea, when college teams went to play in Greece 2nd division and Spain 2nd division a few years ago, and these were Division I, and all of them are big name schools you would recognize - they went like 0-6.

A first division French team, and one like Chalons', that is legit as a first division team, is going to be definitely harder than those teams.

The only thing I would say is, that at this point in time, teams in Europe have not started training yet, and they have not finished their rosters yet.

So probably they just called their first team players, which would be maybe just half the team, and they have not trained yet. And then the rest of the team would probably be filled in by the junior club, which would be local high school players.

That's usually how those games go when it is this early. And when college teams usually come to Europe, also a lot of the times, the best 2 or 3 players of the European club will sit the game out also.

So I don't know. Then again it is Kentucky, so I'm not sure if Chalons' would actually do that, because if they did they would probably start losing.

I'm not sure, I would have to go to their website and look up their roster and see.

There is also a sportsmanship rule in these games when amateurs play professionals. But when they use it they don't allow it in the box scores. They just artificially add it in. So you can't tell they added points in. So no one can see they did that.

For example, when Greece national team would play against some college national teams, they would do that, by giving them like 40 or 50 points extra. But you can't tell it in the box score because they just add it in. But somehow I don't think Calipari would allow that.

Thanks for the answer, interesting stuff. The games are on tv btw, ESPNU and the new SEC network, Monday and Saturday, so I don't think any box score shenanigans can happen. Also the games are in the Bahamas, so I don't know how that affects the roster they would bring. Kentucky also play 2 games apiece against the Puerto Rican and Dominican National teams, those games are also televised.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the answer, interesting stuff. The games are on tv btw, ESPNU and the new SEC network, Monday and Saturday, so I don't think any box score shenanigans can happen. Also the games are in the Bahamas, so I don't know how that affects the roster they would bring. Kentucky also play 2 games apiece against the Puerto Rican and Dominican National teams, those games are also televised.

Kentucky playing against those national teams would be more interesting for me. Because they have had some training time. Even though those are friendly games and foreign teams don't take them seriously like US teams do for some strange reason, still they would be in shape at least. Not really down with their systems and rotations and even what their roster is, but they would be in shape and acclimated.

The French team would not be especially if they are traveling somewhere. They probably just got paid a lot of money by Kentucky to show up there and it's nothing more to them than that.

Puerto Rico is not a great national team or anything, but they are pretty good though. They are probably the 3rd best team in Americas after USA and Brazil.

I guess that Calipari thinks this is helpful to Kentucky players by trying to show them that if they don't go into NBA, or even if they do go into NBA and don't spend much time there, that they can have a good career in Europe playing against these types of players. I would guess that is his reason. To let his players and the future recruits, agents, managers, parents, etc., understand that the players can also go into European leagues and make a lot of money and have very good careers there.

And that the players and parents themselves can see these games, and realize after that, from all over the world there are high level players and serious competition and basketball is much bigger than NBA, even though places like this forum say otherwise. I think that is the reasons for these types of things and what Calipari would be trying to do.

Because unfortunately, this idea prevails so much in USA that it is NBA or failure and a lot of these players and their families think that way too. But it is not the case. It helps to convince the players themselves most of all when they play these guys, and realize how good the players are from anywhere around the world that are not playing in the NBA, that they can take those places in leagues in Europe and have a good career, face good competition, and still make a lot of money.

Choke94
08-10-2014, 12:36 PM

This is a valid point; I do not have a lot of faith in Houston's roster, Harden is a liability in Defence and takes waay too many contested shots, Howard has a fragile mentality and will not perform well under pressure, Beverley is a former Eurocup MVP, nothing more and nothing less.
I don't believe that a team with him as starting PG can ever make it to the Finals, or even the WCF.
Also, McHale is not the man to lead a team with this conflicting set of characters all the way to the Finals or even a tittle.
They will easily make it to the playoffs though, this season West will be in turmoil, a lot of teams facing a number of issues, most of all the Clippers.

Rooster
08-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Over/Under:

10 Games for Papa to score 85 points*?

Spanoulis' career total

He will be the first genuine Greek player to average 4 ppg in the NBA. That's not saying much but for Greek ballers, they just don't have the athleticism to play on the highest level. This guy is athletic for a a Euro and Houston is good fit.

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 03:09 PM
He will be the first genuine Greek player to average 4 ppg in the NBA. That's not saying much but for Greek ballers, they just don't have the athleticism to play on the highest level. This guy is athletic for a a Euro and Houston is good fit.

These racist bastards don't know when to quit. I guess that long ban you took for those racist remarks you made did not teach you your lesson.

You are definitely getting reported to abuse. You are a disgusting racist.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Best geniuine Greek player in NBA is Papanikolaou. I mean, there is no chance to be worse than Shitnoulis.

Rooster
08-10-2014, 03:32 PM

I don't think Peja will have a successful NBA career if he was Greek. :no: Serbians and the former Yugoslavia are known for producing quality NBA players. Greece has not reach that level :roll: and they never even medal at Olympic hoop.

duskovujosevic
08-10-2014, 03:37 PM
In twisted Euroleague's mind Shitnoulis is best player in the world, Euroleague is best in the world, Stojakovic is Greek, Arkansas is urban area :)

Euroleague
08-10-2014, 04:04 PM
In twisted Euroleague's mind Shitnoulis is best player in the world, Euroleague is best in the world, Stojakovic is Greek, Arkansas is urban area :)

gabepizza, get a new trolling alias. This one is compromised.

UK2K
08-10-2014, 09:28 PM
These racist bastards don't know when to quit. I guess that long ban you took for those racist remarks you made did not teach you your lesson.

You are definitely getting reported to abuse. You are a disgusting racist.
Hey Euro UK's college team is playing a French pro team tomorrow in the Bahamas.

They smashed the Puerto Rico select team today in their first game ever playing together, I heard that the French team they play tomorrow could be the best team they face all season, since 95% of the teams they face will be college teams.

We'll see how they do, but today looked promising but they're playing against grown men. I'll be watching.

mattvNJ
08-10-2014, 09:37 PM
HAHAHAHA

Puerto Rico- 49
U of Kentucky- 74

Buzissa
08-10-2014, 09:46 PM
HAHAHAHA

Puerto Rico- 49
U of Kentucky- 74

It's their reserve team

mattvNJ
08-10-2014, 09:53 PM
It's their reserve team
makes more sense, thanks dude! :cheers: Was gonna say i thought PR had a nice team. Seeing that shocked me.

UK2K
08-10-2014, 10:25 PM
It's their reserve team
It was a college team vs their reserve team. UK played their first game ever together but they have so much talent they subbed 5 in 5 out the whole game.

So it will be interesting to see this game tomorrow, as the French professional team is supposed to be pretty good, and again, they're all grown men.

Euroleague
08-11-2014, 03:29 PM
It's their reserve team

What do you mean by reserve team? Do you mean it's their junior selection or a practice squad selection or their B team?

And I don't mean "B" team as what Americans always claim when they make up these idiotic nonsense claims, "we sent our B team"...NO USA has NEVER sent their "B" team. Americans don't even understand what that means.

B team can only consist of players that have never been allowed to any selection for the national team. In other words even the USA select team is made up of A team players.

B team is when you have an entirely separate national team selection.

So was it something like that? I don't see the point for Kentucky in such games.

Euroleague
08-11-2014, 03:33 PM
It was a college team vs their reserve team. UK played their first game ever together but they have so much talent they subbed 5 in 5 out the whole game.

So it will be interesting to see this game tomorrow, as the French professional team is supposed to be pretty good, and again, they're all grown men.

The French team isn't good. It's actually a really horrible team by European standards.

But it's very very very good compared to NCAA Division I. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. If it was comparing to like the level of say ACC or something like that, such a team would be a power.

If it is comparing to something like European basketball standards, then it's something like in the middle tier of the hundreds of European clubs.

So, yeah. It's very very good for if we are talking college level. But don't expect to be impressed with the team or anything. It's not a good enough team to compete in Euroleague for example.

So I wouldn't expect a really pretty or entertaining or even good game.

Buzissa
08-11-2014, 05:37 PM
What do you mean by reserve team? Do you mean it's their junior selection or a practice squad selection or their B team?

And I don't mean "B" team as what Americans always claim when they make up these idiotic nonsense claims, "we sent our B team"...NO USA has NEVER sent their "B" team. Americans don't even understand what that means.

B team can only consist of players that have never been allowed to any selection for the national team. In other words even the USA select team is made up of A team players.

B team is when you have an entirely separate national team selection.

So was it something like that? I don't see the point for Kentucky in such games.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2014/8/10/5988139/kentucky-wildcats-vs-puerto-rico-national-team-reserves-preview-and
http://www.kentucky.com/2014/08/10/3373878/live-bahamas-updates-kentucky.html

These websites refer to them as the reserves. I guess it's their B team.
Couldn't find any information about who played for Puerto Rico, though.

Rooster
08-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Hey Euro UK's college team is playing a French pro team tomorrow in the Bahamas.

They smashed the Puerto Rico select team today in their first game ever playing together, I heard that the French team they play tomorrow could be the best team they face all season, since 95% of the teams they face will be college teams.

We'll see how they do, but today looked promising but they're playing against grown men. I'll be watching.

So those kids obliterated that French team who supposed to be professionals
81-58. :oldlol: Kentucky manhandled those grown ups by wearing them out physically and mentally.:applause: :roll: WTF:wtf:

UK2K
08-11-2014, 09:23 PM
So those kids obliterated that French team who supposed to be professionals
81-58. :oldlol: Kentucky manhandled those grown ups by wearing them out physically and mentally.:applause: :roll: WTF:wtf:
Well keep in mind this UK team is loaded at every position...

But they shouldn't have been able to smash this tea by nearly 30.

UK2K
08-11-2014, 09:24 PM
The French team had several former NBA players. Very impressed with Kentucky in their first two games.

MiseryCityTexas
08-11-2014, 09:34 PM
This signing was Morey's desperate attempt at finally finding a replacement for Carlos Delfino since Omri Crapssi was hot garbage last season.

ukfan22
08-11-2014, 10:42 PM
The French team had several former NBA players. Very impressed with Kentucky in their first two games.

I was pretty shocked by the outcome. They got down 20-12 and I was just hoping to stay in the game, and then they hit another gear, were up 29 at one point.

very impressed, it's clear the line substitutions just totally wore them down