PDA

View Full Version : Houston is screwed for years.

Connor B
08-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Harden & Howard might be the worst "superstar" duo you could possibly have on a team. Zero locker room presence, not good teammates, obvious flaws in both their games, and couldn't get past round 1 with home court. Supporting cast took a big hit with Parsons loss and now Lin is gone too. Coaching is subpar at best. They will be a 6 seed at the very best next season. Teams that are better than Houston in both conferences:

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors, Mavericks, Trailblazers, Cavaliers, Bulls, and you could make legit arguments for the Grizzlies, Suns, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, and Pacers might be as well if not for George being injured.

Houston is in bad shape, stuck with two twats and mediocrity all around. Time to amnesty, tank, and rebuild.

coin24
08-09-2014, 05:08 PM
No shit. Rockets suck.

Milbuck
08-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I love OP.

Orlando Magic
08-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Hahaha, holy shit... tell us how you really feel.

I agree though.

04mzwach
08-09-2014, 05:31 PM
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/limintan/yao_houston_files/image011.jpg

D-Rose
08-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Harden & Howard might be the worst "superstar" duo you could possibly have on a team. Zero locker room presence, not good teammates, obvious flaws in both their games, and couldn't get past round 1 with home court. Supporting cast took a big hit with Parsons loss and now Lin is gone too. Coaching is subpar at best. They will be a 6 seed at the very best next season. Teams that are better than Houston in both conferences:

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors, Mavericks, Trailblazers, Cavaliers, Bulls, and you could make legit arguments for the Grizzlies, Suns, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, and Pacers might be as well if not for George being injured.

Houston is in bad shape, stuck with two twats and mediocrity all around. Time to amnesty, tank, and rebuild.

Where do you think something like this would lead? First off they already used the amnesty on Scola.

All these teams you see in rebuild ex: Sixers would love to be in the position the Rockets are in with two top 15 players in the league. I'm not a fan of the team or those guys, but it's the truth.

Houston has their 2 core players and actually a decent amount of flexibility going forward. I agree they lost this offseason and will take a step back, but screwed for years in the NBA is really reserved for the Brooklyn Nets.

They have a good draft coming from N.O. in the Asik trade.

KBaller33
08-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Yea they may slip to the 7th seed this season considering they lost Asik,Lin, and Parsons. The West is way too stacked.

OncePerMonth
08-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Their off season was a Knicks level **** up.

UK2K
08-09-2014, 05:54 PM
They'll have a similar record as last year, and actually outscored the blazers in the series they lost.

I like our chances. Good luck this season.

Smook A.
08-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Where do you think something like this would lead? First off they already used the amnesty on Scola.

All these teams you see in rebuild ex: Sixers would love to be in the position the Rockets are in with two top 15 players in the league. I'm not a fan of the team or those guys, but it's the truth.

Houston has their 2 core players and actually a decent amount of flexibility going forward. I agree they lost this offseason and will take a step back, but screwed for years in the NBA is really reserved for the Brooklyn Nets.

They have a good draft coming from N.O. in the Asik trade.
:applause:

flipogb
08-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Morey will keep on trading like its an NBA2k game and they will suck until hes gone

MiseryCityTexas
08-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Morey does a much better job making his competition better, than making his own team better. Mavs, Suns, and Raptors all became much better teams thanks to Morey trades and free agency losses, because most of our best old players are on these teams.

MiseryCityTexas
08-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Rockets were also idiots for letting Greg Smith go. That guy protected that rim off the bench for the Rockets, and could finish in transition easily over bigger players, was a decent shot blocker, and was also one of the Rocket's best post defenders, and rebounders off the bench.

no pun intended
08-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Morey will keep on trading like its an NBA2k game and they will suck until hes gone
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/28/sports/28morey.1.600.jpg

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53456007.jpg

MadSolar
08-09-2014, 08:35 PM
You know its bad when your only offense you got is overrated James Harden and Dwight :oldlol: howard.

Le Shaqtus
08-09-2014, 08:50 PM
A team with Harden at the helm is going nowhere, which sucks because I like the Rockets, also Dwight is getting too much hate on this board.

I<3NBA
08-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Mc Hale should just be replaced. They really took a hit when they lost Parsons and Asik. Lin is not that big if a loss. But Beverly as the starting PG doesn't really cut it.

flipogb
08-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Mc Hale should just be replaced. They really took a hit when they lost Parsons and Asik. Lin is not that big if a loss. But Beverly as the starting PG doesn't really cut it.
Morey doesn't care about who he has as coach because hes holding an xbox controller so coaches don't matter

OncePerMonth
08-09-2014, 08:58 PM
They'll have a similar record as last year, and actually outscored the blazers in the series they lost.

I like our chances. Good luck this season.

Seriously, what makes you so optimistic?

UK2K
08-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Seriously, what makes you so optimistic?
Bev was a first year starter.
Jones was a first year starter.
Harden was a second year starter.
Parsons was a third year starter.
Dwight was in his first year in Houston.
They were the fourth youngest team in the NBA.
They lost Parsons and replaced him with a better shooter and better defender, which is what they really needed.

Its not all doom and gloom like you'd think. The experience they all gained will be invaluable.

They will finish +/- 3 wins of last years win total. And the Blazers series could have easily ended differently if the Rockets had made one or two plays.

In the playoffs, who knows, but as bad as they played, they were one or two possessions from advancing to face a team they had beaten four times in the regular season.

It's not as bad as many make it out to be.

OncePerMonth
08-09-2014, 09:39 PM
They lost Parsons and replaced him with a better shooter and better defender, which is what they really needed.

Its not all doom and gloom like you'd think. The experience they all gained will be invaluable.

They will finish +/- 3 wins of last years win total. And the Blazers series could have easily ended differently if the Rockets had made one or two plays.

In the playoffs, who knows, but as bad as they played, they were one or two possessions from advancing to face a team they had beaten four times in the regular season.

Yeah, not doom and gloom as I was thinking, but I still think they are worse. They lost Asik, who was key against the Blazers, they also lost Lin, and the series was close, but the calls really favored the Rockets. Rockets were also one or two plays away from being swept by a team with terrible defense. We also can't discount that they still have McHale.

spacebump
08-09-2014, 09:47 PM

If one play goes differently, they get swept out of the playoffs.

DMAVS41
08-09-2014, 09:57 PM
So now a team with two top 15 players...a perfect fit at point and small forward next to Harden....is screwed?

Jesus....the "stars" of this era need so damn much it's laughable.

Milbuck
08-09-2014, 09:58 PM

So much denial.

SCdac
08-09-2014, 10:00 PM
They were a first round exit team the last two seasons, not a dynasty breaking up. Harden and Howard are wack and made for each other. Watch them isolate all their teammates and eventually each other and the coach.

UK2K
08-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah, not doom and gloom as I was thinking, but I still think they are worse. They lost Asik, who was key against the Blazers, they also lost Lin, and the series was close, but the calls really favored the Rockets. Rockets were also one or two plays away from being swept by a team with terrible defense. We also can't discount that they still have McHale.
Right. The series was that close.

Given that there was 7 years of starting experience outside of Dwight who was in his first season in Houston, they're gonna be just as good even if they all improve only slightly.

oarabbus
08-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Rockets were also idiots for letting Greg Smith go. That guy protected that rim off the bench for the Rockets, and could finish in transition easily over bigger players, was a decent shot blocker, and was also one of the Rocket's best post defenders, and rebounders off the bench.

:biggums: you guys lost Smith? Kid had potential. A bit undeveloped but I saw him crush the PnR, thought he'd make a great backup big.

Smook A.
12-07-2014, 03:35 AM
Lol you were SO wrong

miggyme1
12-07-2014, 03:45 AM
the only bad thing i see about the rockets is that they play in the west. their first round matchup will be the equivalent of a conference finals if not nba finals.

i still think rockets might be one or two pieces away from really being true contenders tho.

brandonislegend
12-07-2014, 03:49 AM
How did the rockets lose both Lowry and Dragic...I still don't get it....

SwishSquared
12-07-2014, 03:55 AM
How did the rockets lose both Lowry and Dragic...I still don't get it....
Traded Lowry to the Raptors for a first round pick that was a key component of the Harden trade.

Morey let Dragic walk to pursue Lin. I'm not sure though if Dragic ultimately wanted to go back to Phoenix vs. staying in Houston. Allegedly Dragic wanted the final year of his contract to be a player option and Morey was not willing to agree to that.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Morey definitely ****ed up by getting rid of Dragic and Lowry but acquiring Harden was a stroke of genius.

Dumping Parsons for Ariza was smart too.

If you're as active as Morey you're going to win some and lose some, but overall you can't say anything other than he's done a bang up job. He's put together a top 5 team in the league from scratch and never had to tank.

noob cake
12-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Traded Lowry to the Raptors for a first round pick that was a key component of the Harden trade.

Morey let Dragic walk to pursue Lin. I'm not sure though if Dragic ultimately wanted to go back to Phoenix vs. staying in Houston. Allegedly Dragic wanted the final year of his contract to be a player option and Morey was not willing to agree to that.

Dragic wasn't on the best terms with Morey. He wanted to start but Lowry played before him, so he was set on leaving Houston.

Morey swung for the fences and signed Lin and Asik. Lin worked out merely alright. Asik was great value.

Lin is not one of Morey's best moves.

disel
12-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Dragic wasn't on the best terms with Morey. He wanted to start but Lowry played before him, so he was set on leaving Houston.

Morey swung for the fences and signed Lin and Asik. Lin worked out merely alright. Asik was great value.

Lin is not one of Morey's best moves.
lowry got benched and the cat pouted something chronic and hated mchale.dragic wanted to stay but rockets the greedy ass owner wanted lin to cash in on the hype:roll:

UK2K
12-07-2014, 09:06 AM

Where's Milbucks ass at?

Denial? No I just know what I'm talking about.

YouGotServed
12-07-2014, 09:16 AM
:roll: Your tears are delicious, OP.

16-4, 2nd best record in the NBA. One of the best defensive teams in the NBA despite all the injuries. No Howard, Terrence Jones, Beverley, Canaan, Papanokolau, Garcia...still beasting. Lost Chandler "borderline all star" Parsons, Lin and Asik. Signed old man Terry and "post contract" Ariza. Still winning.

To all the haters: eat crow, clowns. :oldlol:

Mr Exlax
12-07-2014, 09:32 AM
These hoes gonna stay away. Freaking morons I tell ya. Low BBall IQ having ass haters. Even with all these damn injuries we're still winning. Hoe asses won't have the balls to sat they made a mistake.

UK2K
12-07-2014, 09:45 AM
These hoes gonna stay away. Freaking morons I tell ya. Low BBall IQ having ass haters. Even with all these damn injuries we're still winning. Hoe asses won't have the balls to sat they made a mistake.

If Houston had a game tomorrow, wed have about 7 players who could realistically suit up.

DamnMixes
12-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Houston is not screwed, they just lost a golden opportunity of having a big time superteam in Dwight Bosh and Harden. But Bosh decided to stay in miami to have more freedom and bigger paycheck.

McHale did a bad job in the playoffs, Harden wasn't getting enough calls like in the regular season and got exposed. This year the defense looks better but then again how many players will be able to score in the post, from mid range during those playoffs?

disel
12-07-2014, 11:40 AM

16-4, 2nd best record in the NBA. One of the best defensive teams in the NBA despite all the injuries. No Howard, Terrence Jones, Beverley, Canaan, Papanokolau, Garcia...still beasting. Lost Chandler "borderline all star" Parsons, Lin and Asik. Signed old man Terry and "post contract" Ariza. Still winning.

dwight
jones
nikola
cannan
beverley

that would make a top 5 team the east:roll:

kurple
12-07-2014, 12:10 PM

i havent seen you talk about the lakers all season long

i thought you were supposed to just be a dwight and lakers fan

YouGotServed
12-07-2014, 12:34 PM
i havent seen you talk about the lakers all season long

i thought you were supposed to just be a dwight and lakers fan

:biggums: you thought wrong, bud.

tontoz
12-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Year after year people criticize Morey and year after year they keep winning.

russwest0
12-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Year after year people criticize Morey and year after year they keep winning.

And year after year they get bounced out of the first round.

Mr Exlax
12-07-2014, 01:02 PM

True. Still a work in progress. We're young. Gonna take some time to grow.

tontoz
12-07-2014, 01:04 PM

And let's not bother to look at the details. Morey inherited a team built around Tmac/Yao, both of whom had their careers ruined by injuries.

Morey found a way to win even when they were out hurt. He completely rebuilt the team without ever having a losing season.

Last year was the first year Harden/Howard played together. Now they are 16-4.

Houston didn't spend year after year in the toilet to stockpile high draft picks like OKC/Seattle did.