PDA

View Full Version : Nick Young and 9er, America Needs You!

dunksby
08-11-2014, 12:54 AM
If you didn't know already, Gene Haas is preparing to enter F1 in 2016 and he has already had an agreement with Ferrari to supply the engine. Dallara that has been away from the sport since 2010 was supposed to provide the chassis but Gene rightly decided against it. Team has decided to buy as many parts as it can from a technical partner(Ferrari I reckon) and build its own chassis. Ferrari's new boss Mattiaci used to be Ferrari North America's CEO which hints at long term future partnership with Haas F1. Additionally Haas Automation will sponsor Ferrari's F1 team till the end of 2015 season.
Gene Haas has maintained the team will employ services of an experienced F1 driver alongside an American driver, Rossi has had talks with Haas but nothing is confirmed yet.

nathanjizzle
08-11-2014, 01:03 AM
hmm, interdasting!

I am excited to hear Hass is representing America in F1 racing. I wonder why they chose not to have Ferrari build their monocoque chassis. Perhaps Hass has something up their sleeves. 3d printed matrixical chassis? They are the masters of automation so i wouldnt put it past them.

gts
08-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Long road to go... Glad to see an American entry but I caution it'll be years before before the program is even sniffing a podium... Hope he's in it for the long haul and has the patience it's going to require

dunksby
08-11-2014, 01:19 AM
hmm, interdasting!

I am excited to hear Hass is representing America in F1 racing. I wonder why they chose not to have Ferrari build their monocoque chassis. Perhaps Hass has something up their sleeves. 3d printed matrixical chassis? They are the masters of automation so i wouldnt put it past them.
Hass initially wanted to enter in 2015 but now they have enough time to build their own chassis if their tech is up to the task which is the very thing Haas wants to prove. From 2015 and on the list of parts teams have to produce themselves will change and relaxes a bit so Gene wants to but as many as they can from Ferrari. Once they get the suspension and probably some crucial test data from Ferrari as part of the partnership, I'm positive they could come up with their own chassis by 2016.

dunksby
08-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Long road to go... Glad to see an American entry but I caution it'll be years before before the program is even sniffing a podium... Hope he's in it for the long haul and has the patience it's going to require
Haas F1 has a 10-year contract, US already has a home GP and NJ will be on the calendar for sure by 2016.

gts
08-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Haas F1 has a 10-year contract, US already has a home GP and NJ will be on the calendar for sure by 2016.

Not sure what you're trying to point out...

dunksby
08-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Not sure what you're trying to point out...
That Haas is serious about staying in F1 and gaining long-term success? Was not it your concern?

gts
08-11-2014, 01:43 AM
That Haas is serious about staying in F1 and gaining long-term success? Was not it your concern?

oh I know he's serious.. He was serious last time 6 years ago backing the defunct US Formula 1 team. This new effort is basically picking up the crumbs from that failed attempt by Anderson and Windsor to go F1 racing

F1 being in the US and ten year contracts don't mean diddly when you're in your 5th year and still at the back of the pack or missing races because the car isn't fast enough after spending 3/4s of a billion dollars.... Investors want to see results not hear we're almost to a point where the program can field a competitive car

F1 isn't like any other sport, the politics the cubic money required to even have a car that qualifies for a F1 race are astounding...

just lots of unknowns at this point, like I said I'm happy someone is making a run at it, Bobby Rahal was the last I believe to actually put a car on the track...

I just have my doubts, as soon as I heard Haas saying he can put a competitive car on the track in two to 3 years while not spending the same amount of money the top F1 teams do my heart sank a little.... F1 on a budget is Caterham and Marrusia

dunksby
08-11-2014, 03:10 AM
oh I know he's serious.. He was serious last time 6 years ago backing the defunct US Formula 1 team. This new effort is basically picking up the crumbs from that failed attempt by Anderson and Windsor to go F1 racing

F1 being in the US and ten year contracts don't mean diddly when you're in your 5th year and still at the back of the pack or missing races because the car isn't fast enough after spending 3/4s of a billion dollars.... Investors want to see results not hear we're almost to a point where the program can field a competitive car

F1 isn't like any other sport, the politics the cubic money required to even have a car that qualifies for a F1 race are astounding...

just lots of unknowns at this point, like I said I'm happy someone is making a run at it, Bobby Rahal was the last I believe to actually put a car on the track...

I just have my doubts, as soon as I heard Haas saying he can put a competitive car on the track in two to 3 years while not spending the same amount of money the top F1 teams do my heart sank a little.... F1 on a budget is Caterham and Marrusia
You don't have to explain F1 to me, Haas has been doing all the right things with this project. Being patient, trying to build home made chassis and partnering up with a legendary team/manufacturer. Haas believes they got the tech and resources and I see them as the new Force India rather than Marussia and Caterham.
If Haas manages to bring in a few NASA aero engineers and let them work under a veteran chief designer they would have a good chance of becoming competitive soon (in F1 terms).

Bless Mathews
08-11-2014, 03:34 AM
The fucc you whites typing about?

9erempiree
08-11-2014, 09:19 PM
I haven't driven a race car in years. I got rid of the M3 that many of you know I use to have. Personally, if I was going to race I would race for BMW, as I have owned 5 Bimmers in the past. My extensive Autocrossing skills will come in handy.

Next one is going to be a Euro delivery, for those that know what the program is, wish me luck.:lol

Very glad there is going to be a F1 team.