PDA

View Full Version : Cavs pursuing centre with their picks

poido123
08-11-2014, 02:52 AM
I won't take credit for this, since it was another forum in which I found it.

Yahoo sports has been reporting that Cavs have been offering up 1st round picks for an experienced centre, league sources...

Kostos koufos has been a name floating around due to Marc Gasol being healthy...

RoundMoundOfReb
08-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Makes sense. Varejao has had injury issues..

livingby3's
08-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Too bad they have nothing to give for Roy Hibbert. Or do they?

JimmyMcAdocious
08-11-2014, 03:01 AM
I don't think the Pacers would want to help their competition. Unless they are blowing up.

poido123
08-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Too bad they have nothing to give for Roy Hibbert. Or do they?

Both their picks and the Haywood contract? Not sure on the exact contract details...

Game over for the league if they got Hibbert.

Cocaine80s
08-11-2014, 03:13 AM
2 picks + delladova for Joakim

dubeta
08-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Trade Love for Dwight

livingby3's
08-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Pacers look like they gonna blow with Hibbert sucking balls, Lance gone and PG out for next season.

They might look to tank and they seems to be shopping Hibbert to upgrade offensively (Dragic and Monroe) to at least keep fans in their arena, and for the return of PG.

But I'm not for the Cavs to sacrifice anymore depth. They just need a service-able center that can stay healthy.

andremiller07
08-11-2014, 03:41 AM
They should try get a athletic long big like John Henson

nzahir
08-11-2014, 04:06 AM
If they can get a guy like mcgee, mozgov, henson, or even mahimi that would be great; but they will probably end up going after okafor, stiesma, or udoh.

poido123
08-11-2014, 04:35 AM
2 picks + delladova for Joakim

:oldlol:

poido123
08-11-2014, 04:38 AM
If they can get a guy like mcgee, mozgov, henson, or even mahimi that would be great; but they will probably end up going after okafor, stiesma, or udoh.

Mcgee is a bone head, but If all you're asking of him is to block shots and run the court and finish occasionally, he would be a good fit...

roffie
08-11-2014, 05:10 AM
i don't see a reason why memphis would give them kosfos hes a very good back up center for marc gasol who also has injury problems

russwest0
08-11-2014, 05:33 AM
as if they aren't stacked enough :roll: :roll: :roll:

damn

DukeDelonte13
08-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Makes sense. Varejao has had injury issues..

he was fine last year.

the past two injuries were that blood clot and the year before Drew Gooden broke his wrist.

SexSymbol
08-11-2014, 08:01 AM
I hope Hibbert somehow goes to Cleveland and then plays like complete ass like he did last year :D

Varejao is a fine defensive center

JtotheIzzo
08-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Too bad they couldn't get a young guy like Tyler Zeller...

Unbiased_one
08-11-2014, 08:57 AM
as if they aren't stacked enough :roll: :roll: :roll:

damn

I don't understand this. Even with lebron, who is petty clearly the best player in the league, the cavs do not have even close to the best team in the league.

Cocaine80s
08-11-2014, 08:59 AM
delladova, jones, + 1st rounder for Deandre Jordan

3 peat easily

Warfan
08-11-2014, 09:01 AM

3 peat easily

Not this again :roll:

edrick
08-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I don't understand this. Even with lebron, who is petty clearly the best player in the league, the cavs do not have even close to the best team in the league.

A quality big is huge benefit for any team, he knows this. The Cavs are in the same situation that the Heat were the last 4 years, no quality big. The difference is that the Cavs have zero playoff experience, including Love and Kyrie. The second and third best players on the team have zero playoff experience. Yeah, the Cavs won't win shit this year.

Thorpesaurous
08-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Those stretch bigs really do often need a rim protector to play behind them to change perspective, and sometimes next to them. I still envision this team in crunch time to be going Lebron 4 Love 5. But we saw the value Birdman had behind and next to Bosh.

Not doing full research on this, but would The Bucks be willing to part with Larry Sanders yet. Last year was a nightmare. Just starting a new long and lucrativ deal, he missed the whole year with a broken hand from a bar fight. They're new owners and management with no real connection to the guy. They're trying to start a fresh rebuild. The contract I believe was signed under the old CBA, and may be longer than even a new contract can be now. Would expiring like Haywood and a first, albeit a late one, be enough to sway Milwaukee to move a guy they may not be interested in having at this point? (And again I haven't looked at any of the numbers on this).

FLDFSU
08-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Question: why is the OP suddenly so concern about what the Cavs are doing? I have been waiting weeks for the OP to update us on the happenings of the Maimi Heat-like he has been doing for the last few years.

Look forward to seeing your Heat-related thread OP :cheers:

LBJ 23
08-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Question: why is the OP suddenly so concern about what the Cavs are doing? I have been waiting weeks for the OP to update us on the happenings of the Maimi Heat-like he has been doing for the last few years.

Yea he's talking more about the Cavs than Pauk or Lebron23 yet he will be the first one to call them out for being a bandwagooner or Lebron fan only. He's a bandwagoon hater which is the lowest you can get. Following a player around and hating on him 24/7, guy must have really miserable real life to have energy for that.

FLDFSU
08-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Yea he's talking more about the Cavs than Pauk or Lebron23 yet he will be the first one to call them out for being a bandwagooner or Lebron fan only. He's a bandwagoon hater which is the lowest you can get. Following a player around and hating on him 24/7, guy must have really miserable real life to have energy for that.

Careful, the OP will accuse you of being my alt...

But agree 100%.

ISH loves to talk about bandwagon fans or player only fans-and I can see how folks dislike those type of fans (I personally don't) but bandwagon haters: scum of the Earth and the most pathetic an individual can be.

StephHamann
08-11-2014, 10:11 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nespzux

HurricaneKid
08-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Those stretch bigs really do often need a rim protector to play behind them to change perspective, and sometimes next to them. I still envision this team in crunch time to be going Lebron 4 Love 5. But we saw the value Birdman had behind and next to Bosh.

Not doing full research on this, but would The Bucks be willing to part with Larry Sanders yet. Last year was a nightmare. Just starting a new long and lucrativ deal, he missed the whole year with a broken hand from a bar fight. They're new owners and management with no real connection to the guy. They're trying to start a fresh rebuild. The contract I believe was signed under the old CBA, and may be longer than even a new contract can be now. Would expiring like Haywood and a first, albeit a late one, be enough to sway Milwaukee to move a guy they may not be interested in having at this point? (And again I haven't looked at any of the numbers on this).

Its a good question and a perfect fit. It was evident that Kohl would have gladly traded him for a package like this but the new guys almost certainly won't. Haywood is a great acquisition for a team that could use some salary flexibility but the Bucks are finally doing things right and building through youth; if you take a look at their FA signings (OJ Mayo - 24M, Zaza - 5M/, Delfino - 3M/ - injured the entire first year, etc) you can tell the Haywood deal simply doesn't do anything for Milw.

Sanders signed his extension before last year. It is 4/44 and is under the new CBA. He is an elite rim protector and defensive stalwart. AND he is only 25. And unless he has continued off court issues he will be a cornerstone of the Bucks moving forward.

Hoopz2332
08-11-2014, 10:36 AM

:lol lebron is living rent free with him

Duderonomy
08-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Should've had Dieng thrown in the Love deal. Not having good draft picks is part of the reason Lebron left the first time. You can find good shooters in the 20's in most drafts.

qrich
08-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Better of Miami pick and their own pick + 2016 Memphis pick to the Lakers for Jordan Hill.

Lakers get two firsts, one of them potentially lotto in exchange for Hill, while the Cavs get an athletic, high energy big.

Levity
08-11-2014, 12:56 PM
They can probably go after eddy curry and the only picks theyd need to use is to have one of the assistant coaches pick him up some taco bell.

TylerOO
08-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Too bad they couldn't get a young guy like Tyler Zeller...

Zeller ****in sucks

qrich
08-11-2014, 12:57 PM

3 peat easily

Cleveland has zero shot of acquiring Jordan, absolutely zero.

pegasus
08-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Lebron: It's going to be a slow process. As in it may take us the whole summer to put together the most stacked team of all time.

ALBballer
08-11-2014, 01:16 PM
They should trade for Tyler Zeller.

DukeDelonte13
08-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Zeller ****in sucks

he's not a rim protector, but he's a solid backup C.

Nastradamus
08-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Mozgov was a good idea. TOo bad they couldn't pull it off.

Okafor and Stiemsma would probably do the trick. They'll be playing Love/Thomspon a lot of the time too.

VIntageNOvel
08-11-2014, 02:13 PM
i would not watch nba next season if they gift em marc frekin gasol:facepalm

Mr. Incredible
08-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Careful, the OP will accuse you of being my alt...

But agree 100%.

ISH loves to talk about bandwagon fans or player only fans-and I can see how folks dislike those type of fans (I personally don't) but bandwagon haters: scum of the Earth and the most pathetic an individual can be.
He is in love with LeBron.

russwest0
08-11-2014, 02:58 PM
i would not watch nba next season if they gift em marc frekin gasol:facepalm

You serious? :lol

I would.

If LeBron somehow lost with a team of Kyrie/Dion/Love/Gasol in the East, I'd laugh my ass off

boozehound
08-11-2014, 03:02 PM
he was fine last year.

the past two injuries were that blood clot and the year before Drew Gooden broke his wrist.
he still only played 65 games

JT123
08-11-2014, 03:08 PM
:roll: Ether! Wonder how many Heat games he'll be watching this year? :D

Meticode
08-11-2014, 03:48 PM
I think out of all the realistic trades the Cavaliers could make, they really need to contact the Bucks about John Henson. He's a realistic target because he plays the same position as Larry Sanders. He's only 23 years old, averaged 11/7 with 1.7 BPG last year for the Bucks in only 26 minutes per game. See if the Bucks are interested in moving him. I like what I saw from him when he played against the Cavaliers.

See if the Bucks would bite with Haywood contract, a throw in player and the 1st Round Pick next year.

Levity
08-11-2014, 03:55 PM
I think out of all the realistic trades the Cavaliers could make, they really need to contact the Bucks about John Henson. He's a realistic target because he plays the same position as Larry Sanders. He's only 23 years old, averaged 11/7 with 1.7 BPG last year for the Bucks in only 26 minutes per game. See if the Bucks are interested in moving him. I like what I saw from him when he played against the Cavaliers.

See if the Bucks would bite with Haywood contract, a throw in player and the 1st Round Pick next year.

if the bucks are willing to take a late first rounder and fillers for henson, then the cavs are seriously the luckiest team in the league. Henson has the chance to be one of the best rim protecting PF's in the game. his length is undeniable. however, hes not ready to play C full time. and i dont know if he ever will be

last season, henson complained about playing C, and desperately wanted to be paired with larry sanders in the front court. of course, that line up would allow for very little floor spacing. but henson felt that hed be most beneficial as a the 4.

FLDFSU
08-11-2014, 03:56 PM
:roll: Ether! Wonder how many Heat games he'll be watching this year? :D

Games :roll:

We will be lucky if he knows who Mario Chalmers is by next month.

Meticode
08-11-2014, 04:04 PM
if the bucks are willing to take a late first rounder and fillers for henson, then the cavs are seriously the luckiest team in the league. Henson has the chance to be one of the best rim protecting PF's in the game. his length is undeniable. however, hes not ready to play C full time. and i dont know if he ever will be

Thats why I mentioned Haywood. His $2 million contract will turn into a $10 million contract next season as a big trade assest to bring in something for them.

last season, henson complained about playing C, and desperately wanted to be paired with larry sanders in the front court. of course, that line up would allow for very little floor spacing. but henson felt that hed be most beneficial as a the 4.
Maybe he complained about playing center because he was playing behind Sanders and getting less playing time because of it? In any case his tone might change once the team starts winning and he's getting more minutes. Because he certainly wasn't winning in Milwaukee.

Cavaliers should still inquire about him, he's probably the best center they can realistically get.

CavaliersFTW
08-11-2014, 04:07 PM
All Dan Gilbert has to do is whisper a players name and they'll be on the first flight to Cleveland. He's got supreme control over the league now this is his league, just like he planned. We are witnessing the Dan Gilbert era of NBA basketball :applause:

Meticode
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM

In your opinion who is luckier this off-season? Cavaliers were a 33 win team this year. We were going into the draft hoping to get at least #7, we end up with #1 yet again. (I still remember the Cavaliers not being picked at #7 during the lottery and I literally did a Ron Paul "It's happening!"), LeBron decides to unexpectedly come back, then that #1 pick turns into probably Kevin Love, and Mike Miller signs, and probably Shawn Marion hopefully.

I<3NBA
08-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Game over for the league if they got Hibbert.
so let me get this straight. in Indiana, Hibbert sucks. But if he somehow goes to Cleveland, it's game over for the league? how does this compute?

Droid101
08-11-2014, 04:28 PM
LeBron needs some more help apparently.

Meticode
08-11-2014, 04:28 PM
so let me get this straight. in Indiana, Hibbert sucks. But if he somehow goes to Cleveland, it's game over for the league? how does this compute?
I think it's one of those things where a change of scenary might re-ignite him. Plus he wouldn't be required to score, only just protect the rim.

I'd prefer John Henson from the Bucks personally. Only $1.5 million-ish contract, 23 years old, averaged 26 MPG on 11/7 with 1.7 BPG. I'm guessing he runs a lot better down the court than Hibbert as well.

Meticode
08-11-2014, 04:29 PM
LeBron needs some more help apparently.
Bringing a championship to Cleveland is a massive undertaking.

dubeta
08-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Cavs need a center if they have any chance of being a top seed

LeBron cant do it all every night

qrich
08-11-2014, 04:32 PM

If the Bucks would be willing to take a late first for Henson, a ton of teams would jump in and offer better deals.

I personally don't get why Phoenix doesn't jump in and ask for Knight/Henson/Ilysasova/Bucks first (Top 10 Prot for 3 years, then no prot?) in exchange for Bledsoe/Shavlik Randolph

DukeDelonte13
08-11-2014, 04:34 PM
he still only played 65 games

:rolleyes:

like that's a bad thing.

poido123
08-11-2014, 05:52 PM
he was fine last year.

I had him in a few fantasy teams last year, I recall that he was pretty banged up before he decided to call an end to the season...

with his style of play, I'm not surprised.

poido123
08-11-2014, 05:54 PM

He's a rim protector and refs don't call his leaning arms a foul :lol

He's put in work with I think Kareem in the offseason? So yeah, he would make the Cavs that much tougher to beat.

poido123
08-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Lebron: It's going to be a slow process. As in it may take us the whole summer to put together the most stacked team of all time.

:roll:

LeSincere :D

Hoopz2332
08-11-2014, 08:11 PM
LBK should give Joel Anthony a call. Dude is alright on defense and can block shots.

chazzy
08-11-2014, 08:14 PM
LBK should give Joel Anthony a call. Dude is alright on defense and can block shots.
LeBurgerKing?

smoovegittar
08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
ODEN :lol

BallsOut
08-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Cavs should go after:

Emeka Okafor
Kwame Brown
Javal McGee
Greg Oden
Joel Anthony
Dexter Pittman

or just stick with Haywood and Verejao

The Choken One
08-11-2014, 08:40 PM
No current interest in watching the Cavs, but if they bring in McGee... you damn right I'm watching that every night.

Hope they bring him in. Love McGee. Plus, his small offensive role should prevent him from going full retard every night.

Cocaine80s
08-11-2014, 08:45 PM
No current interest in watching the Cavs, but if they bring in McGee... you damn right I'm watching that every night.

Hope they bring him in. Love McGee. Plus, his small offensive role should prevent him from going full retard every night.
what happened to him?

havent seen him play in a while

bluechox2
08-11-2014, 09:32 PM
get big Z on the phone

DukeDelonte13
08-11-2014, 09:33 PM
get big Z on the phone

he works for the cavs.

bluechox2
08-11-2014, 09:38 PM
he works for the cavs.
tahts even better, shout out down the hall..ayye yo we need a center, you in Z?

Meticode
08-11-2014, 09:40 PM
what happened to him?

havent seen him play in a while
Stress fracture in his leg. Kept him out pretty much the whole season.