PDA

View Full Version : Which legend + his clone would be easiest to build around?

fpliii
08-12-2014, 09:15 AM
MJ+MJ?
Shaq+Shaq?
Bird+Bird?

:confusedshrug:

Only rule: You can't trade either guy.

Dragic4Life
08-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Lebron + Lebron would shut down the whole league.

10-peat.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Michael Jordan.

Though I am intrigued at the possibility of having two Tim Duncans on one team.

Jlamb47
08-12-2014, 09:19 AM

10-peat.

too bad he didnt mention his name bitch. He said Legends.

I would say MJ + MJ. You can put them on the floor together

If you have 2 Shaqs thats just taking up space. He cant shoot and hes lazy on D

el gringos
08-12-2014, 09:20 AM

10-peat.
Even if he's not quite mj I agree. How couldn't you teach a second Lebrun to actually play forward? Then you have the biggest fastest guard to ever play, and you have a 6-9 250 lb freak athlete at forward?

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:20 AM

In game winning shot attempts, the clock would expire before they could even get a shot off.

Jlamb47
08-12-2014, 09:21 AM
In game winning shot attempts, the clock would expire before they could even get a shot off.

Theyd prolly keep passing it back and forth to each other

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:22 AM

Nah, LeBron would drive and kick to LeBron in the corner and then LeBron would try to zip it across the court to the other corner but the ball would strike the edge of the backboard as the clock expires and LeBron's team loses in the Finals again.

scandisk_
2 Kareems is pretty unfair :oldlol:

2 Magics :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: prolly the easiest to build around. PG-Magic and SF-Magic

Dragic4Life
Jlamb47 and russwest0 ruining yet another thread.:facepalm :banghead:

MP.Trey
08-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Duncan. Would make an even better version of the already formidable twin towers of him and Robinson.

Wilt would be a great pick. One of him can go for the scoring/assist/offensive glory while his clone blocks shots, plays terrific D and grabs rebounds.

Magic731
08-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Bird and Bird would be the best to watch.

Warfan
08-12-2014, 09:25 AM
2 Hakeems. That amazing post play and defense would just be too much too handle. I'd say the only other two i might take over 2 Hakeems are wilt and kareem. Because like Hakeem they play both ends of the floor extremely well, and their defensive impact far outweighs any peremiter players. And id say i have a bit of a big man bias too...

Jlamb47
08-12-2014, 09:25 AM

Fvck you

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Everyone is trying to get creative here when the clear answer is Michael Jordan.

The best coaches and players in the NBA absolutely dreaded gameplanning and playing against Jordan. I can't imagine how any team on earth would beat two of them.

Dragic4Life
08-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Everyone is trying to get creative here when the clear answer is Michael Jordan.

The best coaches and players in the NBA absolutely dreaded gameplanning and playing against Jordan. I can't imagine how any team on earth would beat two of them.
You are just saying this for those Bulls fans' rep.:facepalm

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:31 AM
You are just saying this for those Bulls fans' rep.:facepalm

I could care less about my "rep."

Dragic4Life
08-12-2014, 09:33 AM
I could care less about my "rep."
couldn't*

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:34 AM
couldn't*

No, I meant to say what I said. The fact that I have a few red bars on ISH eats me up inside and causes me to lose sleep each night.

Beastmode88
08-12-2014, 09:39 AM

Another thread where u have to put lebron in the convo when it doesn't even involve him. Can't tell if insecure or lonely.

Rubio2Gasol
08-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Duncan?

He's the only one who wouldn't absolutely hate his twin I think.

ImKobe
08-12-2014, 09:44 AM
2 prime Kobes on the same team? (good luck guarding them both and good luck scoring on the perimeter)

2 prime Magics on the same team? (Can play every position)

2 prime Pippens? (GOAT defense, great playmaker + rebounder)

2 MJ's would be ridiculous

2 Lebron's is not that great, both will pass the ball in crunch time, who takes the shot? One Lebron passes to another and the clock runs out...

Lebron23
08-12-2014, 09:46 AM
2 prime Kobes on the same team? (good luck guarding them both and good luck scoring on the perimeter)

2 prime Magics on the same team? (Can play every position)

2 prime Pippens? (GOAT defense, great playmaker + rebounder)

2 MJ's would be ridiculous

2 Lebron's is not that great, both will pass the ball in crunch time, who takes the shot? One Lebron passes to another and the clock runs out...

Lebron already has more playoffs game winner than Kobe.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:47 AM
LeBron would have told Hibbert "I'm going to drive in and pass the ball to LeBron." And then Hibbert would have went to the other LeBron and said "Whatchu gonna do wit it?" And then LeBron would have said "Pass it across the court to Ray Allen."

Yet once the play took place the 2nd LeBron would have hit the edge of the backboard while trying to complete a cross court pass with just one second left.... *CLANK*.... "That's it! LeBron loses again! The Pacers have won the ball game!"

russwest0
08-12-2014, 09:48 AM

And Durant has more playoff game winners in just one postseason run than LeBron has had throughout his whole career.

It doesn't really mean shit. We all know that if you want to close out a tough playoff game, you take guys like Kobe and KD over LeBron. LeBron didn't even play in the final 8 minutes of Miami's Finals elimination game last season for fukk sake :oldlol:

Lebron23
08-12-2014, 09:50 AM
And Durant has more playoff game winners in just one postseason run than LeBron has had throughout his whole career.

It doesn't really mean shit. We all know that if you want to close out a tough playoff game, you take guys like Kobe and KD over LeBron. LeBron didn't even play in the final 8 minutes of Miami's Finals elimination game last season for fukk sake :oldlol:

Durant struggled against the Spurs this season. Thank God Westbrook bailed him out.

ImKobe
08-12-2014, 09:55 AM

Different opponents and scenarios. Kobe hasn't needed to hit a game-winner as much as Lebron did, as he had better teams (from Lebron's Cavs days I mean).

How many Playoff game-winners had Lebron had under the Miami Heat doe? I can at the moment recall only one, where he drove for a layup against Indiana. Both of them have had so many great teams that Game-winners haven't always been an option.

Kobe shits on anyone when it comes to total game-winners, so I don't see why this is even a debate.

kshutts1
08-12-2014, 10:26 AM
As with all all-time team constructions, I believe most people overlook the lack of spacing that some greats would "cause".

Two MJs or Magics means that team NEEDS a good stretch 4 in order for the offense to operate. Forcing a player type into a position (NEEDS) means it's no longer the easiest to build around.

I'd say Lebron, Kobe, West, or Bird or the non-bigs.

KG, Duncan, Dirk, Barkley, Pettit for the bigs.

Those lists are in order.

Edit because I forgot Kobe.

Reggie43
08-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Garnett as a Power Forward and Small Forward would be awesome to watch.

Harison
08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Two Shaq's too much redundancy, same with two Duncan's (just not as bad as with Shaq's).

I would go with:

1. Two Hakeem's.
2. Two MJ's.
3. Two Kareem's.
4. Two KG's.

I prefer two-way monsters who would have a great synergy with their clones, and bigs > smalls, unless its MJ, and still I would take two Hakeem's over him.

SexSymbol
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Two guys with MJ's or Kobe's offensive IQ would be too much for the league.

Two Hakeems would destroy the league in the post
Two Shaqs would never work.

I'd go out on the limb and say two Nashes, one Nash is enough to take your offense to a whole another level, imagine the passing between two of those guys.

Knicks101
08-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Two Kobe's and you get the production of one Kobe, that is obviously the wrong answer.

Le Shaqtus
08-12-2014, 10:54 AM

:roll:

Beastmode88
08-12-2014, 11:00 AM

Why u hating on kobe, weren't u a lakers fan? :lol :lol

Nash
08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
2 Lebron's. You could use one in the front court and one in the backcourt(not many can offer you thatk) all while having somebody who can guard 1 to 4 and have elite playmaking ability.

jlip
08-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Magic easily.

IMO Magic is the greatest "puzzle piece" ever. By this I mean you could fit him in any offense, it would work, and he could still dominate without negatively impacting anyone else. He came in sharing pg duties with another player and it worked. The pg was traded. He assumed full facilitating duties and it worked. When it was time for him to become the team's leading scorer, he did so, and it worked.

Harison
08-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Not sure about Magic, offense would be spectacular to watch, but not 2x better, while defense would be subpar.

K Xerxes
08-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Surprised at how little mention Hakeem has gotten. The only all time great center other than Duncan that could thrive at PF as well, and Hakeem was more athletic and mobile than Duncan so could guard the perimeter better. Interor defense would be GOAT level. The other big that could work just as well would be KG probably.

MJ, Magic, LeBron are the obvious perimeter choices.

My top 5 in no order would be: Hakeem, Garnett, MJ, LeBron and Magic.

riseagainst
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Two Kobe's and you get the production of one Kobe, that is obviously the wrong answer.

:oldlol:

jlip
08-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Not sure about Magic, offense would be spectacular to watch, but not 2x better, while defense would be subpar.

The thread was about building around a player. Put a Bruce Bowen and Marc Gasol caliber players on the team and you have your defense covered.

Harison
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
The thread was about building around a player. Put a Bruce Bowen and Marc Gasol caliber players on the team and you have your defense covered.
Yeah, but why not pick a player who doesnt have weaknesses, and could give GOAT defense from the get go and provide elite offense as well. Easier to build around too, like two Dream's, etc.

The only benefit I see with 2 Magics is sold out arena every night, because it would be a remarkable sight, but it wont generate you championships against quite some other duos mentioned in this thread.

Mr Exlax
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
You give me Hakeem at Center and PF and hannicap kids filling out the rest of the roster and we won already.

kshutts1
08-12-2014, 11:59 AM
But it also said "easiest" to build around. You're handicapping yourself by choosing a player that has obvious holes.