PDA

View Full Version : LeBron on if Cleveland will win the Championship next year: "No way."

russwest0
08-12-2014, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE]I

russwest0
08-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Meanwhile Tim "We're gonna beat Miami this time" Duncan

http://rumorsandrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Tim-Duncan.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ralph_i_el
08-12-2014, 10:12 AM
8======D

Mods are a myth

fpliii
08-12-2014, 10:14 AM
I don't think Cleveland is going to win this year (next year is more likely IMO), but interesting how stuff like that is getting planted this early. Kinda like when a star makes up an injury...serves as an excuse if you lose, makes you look like you overcame the odds if you win.

edrick
08-12-2014, 10:15 AM
god damn some of you guys are ****ing retarded. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka have played together for years, but can't win. but 3 stars that have never played together are supposed to win immediately? :rolleyes:

Lebron23
08-12-2014, 10:16 AM
god damn some of you guys are ****ing retarded. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka have played together for years, but can't win. but 3 stars that have never played together are supposed to win immediately? :rolleyes:

LBJ has a higher standard compared to Kevin Durant.

Wally450
08-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Its clear they'll make the playoffs and possibly be a team to beat in the East, but they aren't really as stacked as people say they are here on ISH. Outside of LeBron, Kyrie, and Love they are pretty weak. I could see them losing to the Heat if Wade get back to old form, which is asking a lot.

Even if they do make it out of the East, there's no way they beat the likes of a San Antonio or OKC or LAC.

Shade8780
08-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Do you really hold loyalty/pride over hating a fukking PLAYER on a SUBFORUM?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I'm done

juju151111
08-12-2014, 10:18 AM
The Cavs are way more stacked. Look at even their SG position.

BoutPractice
08-12-2014, 10:28 AM
ECF/Finals next year, championship in 2016 is the most likely "optimistic" outcome for the Cavs, though a title as early as 2015 isn't completely out of the question, especially if core San Antonio/OKC players get injured.

On paper, the Cavs will be an upgrade over last year's Heat from the beginning. But it'll take some time for reality to catch up.

Warfan
08-12-2014, 10:31 AM
You're trying to make it seem like he said this very recently :facepalm He said this in his essay

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Its clear they'll make the playoffs and possibly be a team to beat in the East, but they aren't really as stacked as people say they are here on ISH. Outside of LeBron, Kyrie, and Love they are pretty weak. I could see them losing to the Heat if Wade get back to old form, which is asking a lot.

Even if they do make it out of the East, there's no way they beat the likes of a San Antonio or OKC or LAC.

I don't see why they can't beat anyone besides the Spurs... Only team who I wouldn't pick the Cavs over.

edrick
08-12-2014, 11:00 AM
The Cavs are way more stacked. Look at even their SG position.

being "stacked" on paper does not translate to championships. Lack of playoff experience, a new coach and system, and lack of chemistry. All that shit matters.

HurricaneKid
08-12-2014, 11:06 AM
I don't see why they can't beat anyone besides the Spurs... Only team who I wouldn't pick the Cavs over.

What do you think their defense is going to look like? I have no doubt they will be an effective offensive team but every team that has won a title for the last 13 years has had a top 10 D.

FWIW, I would also put OKC and LAC above them. Which isn't to say they couldn't win one of those matchups, especially if they have been beaten up in that WC gauntlet. But I think they are at best the 4th best team in the NBA. And they could easily fall below Chi too if everyone is healthy.

GrapeApe
08-12-2014, 11:14 AM
being "stacked" on paper does not translate to championships. Lack of playoff experience, a new coach and system, and lack of chemistry. All that shit matters.

Nah, that's far too rational and logical for this board.

tmacattack33
08-12-2014, 11:26 AM
:facepalm

That quote was from that I'm Coming Back Home letter, which was before they got Kevin Love

Ancient Legend
08-12-2014, 12:32 PM
He also said he wouldn't win an MVP in Miami :cheers:

Hoopz2332
08-12-2014, 12:36 PM
he said this before the Love trade.:coleman:

Manila
08-12-2014, 12:56 PM

boston's first year with Kg, Ray and pierce?

edrick
08-12-2014, 01:20 PM
boston's first year with Kg, Ray and pierce?

All had years of playoff experience before teaming up.

Kyrie and Love have never even been in the playoffs.

I'm not saying it's not possible. But the second and third best player having zero playoff experience is a pretty huge deal.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I don't think Cleveland is going to win this year (next year is more likely IMO), but interesting how stuff like that is getting planted this early. Kinda like when a star makes up an injury...serves as an excuse if you lose, makes you look like you overcame the odds if you win.

How do you think LeBron has won so many MVP's?

He knows what he is doing. Keep the expectations low so that the disappointment in turn stays low.

If Kobe or Jordan got outplayed by a role player in the Finals, they'd never hear the end of it. Bran does it and all we simply hear is "he needs more help!"

K Xerxes
08-12-2014, 02:54 PM
I thought we learnt our lesson about stacked teams with the 2012 Lakers. On paper teams don't guarantee ships.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 02:56 PM
I thought we learnt our lesson about stacked teams with the 2012 Lakers. On paper teams don't guarantee ships.

I never saw that Lakers team as a threat to OKC. They had literally no one capable of guarding Westbrook or Durant and one of the few coaches on the PLANET that is worse than Scott Brooks.

Prometheus
08-12-2014, 03:01 PM
If Kobe or Jordan got outplayed by a role player in the Finals, they'd never hear the end of it. Bran does it and all we simply hear is "he needs more help!"

http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/chance.jpg

russwest0
08-12-2014, 03:03 PM
http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/chance.jpg

I don't know how Kobe did it that year.... He played 46 MPG in the Finals...

Seeing guys like LeBron gas out at 38 MPG in the Finals it really makes Kobe look like a superhuman in regards to his endurance.

JT123
08-12-2014, 03:13 PM
How do you think LeBron has won so many MVP's?

He knows what he is doing. Keep the expectations low so that the disappointment in turn stays low.

:biggums: Kobe was outplayed by Austin Croshere in his first NBA Finals! :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's becoming pretty clear that you either have no knowledge of the history of basketball, or you just enjoy getting ethered on a daily basis. Probably both. :lol :lol

aj1987
08-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Thread #8503 about LeBron by OP.

Rent free doe!

russwest0
08-12-2014, 03:16 PM
This dude is keeping track of my posts, he's in every thread I make

http://i6.minus.com/ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

dubeta
08-12-2014, 03:17 PM
The only expectations for the Cavs given the roster is making the playoffs :sleeping

aj1987
08-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Because this :

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/458357/kid-crying-o.gif

is you making threads. That's I picture you though, whenever I'm replying to your posts.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Funny, because I make a thread about whatever it is and the only constant appears to be you coming in and whining about it :lol

I've body bagged you in debates in the past, so it's no surprise though.

aj1987
08-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Funny, because I make a thread about whatever it is and the only constant appears to be you coming in and whining about it :lol

You're the bitch who had a meltdown in the Wade vs Dirk thread a while ago and god banned. :oldlol:

You've always been a bitch though.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 03:31 PM
You're the bitch who had a meltdown in the Wade vs Dirk thread a while ago and god banned. :oldlol:

You've always been a bitch though.

The more you come in threads I make getting pissy and whine about me and shit, the more one would think you'd eventually realizing that you are wasting your time because no one cares :oldlol:

And that was you I slayed in the Dirk/Wade debate? Damn lol.

bballnoob1192
08-12-2014, 03:31 PM
so lebron stans would you rather have him make the finals this year but lose and then win next year, or miss the finals this year and win next year. Wut im trying to say is 3-6 or 3-7 with making the finals 6 years in a row.

aj1987
08-12-2014, 03:35 PM
The more you come in threads I make getting pissy and whine about me and shit, the more one would think you'd eventually realizing that you are wasting your time because no one cares :oldlol:

And that was you I slayed in the Dirk/Wade debate? Damn lol.
Whatever makes you happy, kid. This probably is the highlight of your day. Have fun.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Have fun.

Believe me champ, I am having fun. :lol

aj1987
08-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Believe me champ, I am having fun. :lol
:cheers:

dubeta
08-12-2014, 03:41 PM
I can't believe even lebrons biggest haters think that lebron by himself can lead a team full of people who never been to the playoffs, to a championship :oldlol:

LeGOAT :bowdown:

russwest0
08-12-2014, 03:57 PM
:cheers:

:pimp:

NumberSix
08-12-2014, 04:49 PM
He's right. Cleveland has too many players that have never played a playoff game. LeBron will never win a title in Cleveland. Bad move.

Prometheus
08-13-2014, 01:56 AM
I don't know how Kobe did it that year.... He played 46 MPG in the Finals...

Seeing guys like LeBron gas out at 38 MPG in the Finals it really makes Kobe look like a superhuman in regards to his endurance.

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/billups_MVP.jpg

poido123
08-13-2014, 02:25 AM

:roll:

UK2K
08-13-2014, 03:12 AM
People said the same thing when Houston got ousted last season with a 2nd year starter in Harden when it was Dwghts first season on the team...

But but but it doesn't matter... Star players!

It takes time. I don't blame them if they don't win year 1.