PDA

View Full Version : Would Ballmer bring the Clippers to Seattle?

305Baller
08-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Ballmer is known to have deep Seattle, Washington connections, right? What would stop him from relocating the Clippers, who don't even have their own arena, to Seattle and renaming them the Sonics?

:confusedshrug:

Beastmode88
08-12-2014, 04:06 PM
David Stern was corrupt as fcuk. Probably took millions to help Clay Bennett relocate the sonics to OKC. Luckily he's gone.

russwest0
08-12-2014, 04:07 PM
It seems like the only option at this point. The Clippers name is now synonymous with racism.

navy
08-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Isnt that against the contract?

dirkdiggler41
08-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Clippers have a huge fanbase and they make a lot more money in LA then they would in Seattle.

boozehound
08-12-2014, 04:24 PM
pretty sure the deal included some clause about keeping it in LA

LoneyROY7
08-12-2014, 04:27 PM
:lol

Idiots gonna idiot.

qrich
08-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Numerous reasons why this is amongst the dumbest things ever recommended.

1] The Clippers have always been in the green, even while being mediocre. Seattle was not able to maintain a NBA team. What kind of move would that be?

2] The Clippers lease with the Staples Center/AEG/Los Angeles Arena lasts for another nine years, from what I recall.

3] It is being speculated that Ballmer has had discussions with AEG about purchasing the rights to the Staples Center, the Nokia Theater/LA Live along with the Los Angeles Kings.

4] Purchase agreement includes a clause in which Ballmer will not make an attempt of moving the team out of Los Angeles, whether it be Seattle, St. Louis, Sydney, Melbourne, Moscow or Van Nuys.

305Baller
08-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, angry nerds.

JellyBean
08-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Ballmer is known to have deep Seattle, Washington connections, right? What would stop him from relocating the Clippers, who don't even have their own arena, to Seattle and renaming them the Sonics?

:confusedshrug:

I am sure that there are legal steps in place to prevent this from happening within the next year or two. But once the current CBA is up and TV deals are set, who knows what can happen. But man, as a Sonics fan, nothing gets me excited about my Sonics coming back into the NBA. But I don't want to get my hopes up again just to have them crushed.

Crown&Coke
08-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Would be a dumb move to move OUT of the second largest market in the US.

I don't think Ballmer is dumb.

Akrazotile
08-12-2014, 06:18 PM
He didnt pay two billion bucks to move the team to a smaller market

outbreak
08-12-2014, 06:55 PM
There was a clause saying he can't but I believe it wasn't disclosed how long the clause is for.

MavsSuperFan
08-12-2014, 07:23 PM

1] The Clippers have always been in the green, even while being mediocre. Seattle was not able to maintain a NBA team. What kind of move would that be?

2] The Clippers lease with the Staples Center/AEG/Los Angeles Arena lasts for another nine years, from what I recall.

3] It is being speculated that Ballmer has had discussions with AEG about purchasing the rights to the Staples Center, the Nokia Theater/LA Live along with the Los Angeles Kings.

4] Purchase agreement includes a clause in which Ballmer will not make an attempt of moving the team out of Los Angeles, whether it be Seattle, St. Louis, Sydney, Melbourne, Moscow or Van Nuys.

yup, unless ballmer doesnt care about money at all, there is no way he moves the clips to seattle

gts
08-12-2014, 07:29 PM
yup, unless ballmer doesnt care about money at all, there is no way he moves the clips to seattle

I'd say over spending to buy the team by 1 billion dollars qualifies

I don't think he'd move the team unless there's a new arena in Seattle but if he wants to he can.. he has more than enough money to buy his way out of LA

AnaheimLakers24
08-12-2014, 07:55 PM
ya hes going to take his billion dollar team to shitty ass seatle. some of you are just retarded

DavisWarriorsFan
08-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Clippers have a huge fanbase and they make a lot more money in LA then they would in Seattle.
Clippers have a huge fan base? There are more Bulls fans than Clippers fans in L.A.

chocolatethunder
08-12-2014, 11:15 PM

I think you mean in the black.

D-FENS
08-12-2014, 11:22 PM

Nah, you're thinking of Jonathan Brandis
http://i.imgur.com/zrWSbxq.jpg

Akrazotile
08-12-2014, 11:24 PM

Nah, Sterling had the lingo changed.