PDA

View Full Version : LAKERS @ BULLS Christmas Day

ballinhun8
08-12-2014, 05:31 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/12/report-bulls-to-host-lakers-on-christmas-day/

Hmmm interesting if true. Two of the biggest markets playing on national TV. Kobe v. Rose will get people to watch. Boozer makes his return. Gasol plays against his old team. Should be fun.

navy
08-12-2014, 05:34 PM
The Lakers better be good.

Lebronxrings
08-12-2014, 05:37 PM
knicks @ wizards
Lakers @ bulls

gonna get 6 hours of sleep :banana:

smoovegittar
08-12-2014, 05:39 PM
knicks @ wizards
Lakers @ bulls

Doubt it. You'll be full-blown damage control by then. Probably back to having a Heat avi as well. What a loser!

Spaulding
08-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Clippers would be a much better game of course and we can still keep a LA team.

One can only wonder if because of Sterling the Clippers will get the shaft on most televised games due to the basic media coverage will always bring up Stern. Which the NBA wants the public to forget about because Donald is firing back and it is going to be a real long process.

Meticode
08-12-2014, 07:13 PM
The Lakers better be good.
Derrick Rose better be able to run and jump.

Inferno
08-12-2014, 07:17 PM

One can only wonder if because of Sterling the Clippers will get the shaft on most televised games due to the basic media coverage will always bring up Stern. Which the NBA wants the public to forget about because Donald is firing back and it is going to be a real long process.

Warriors @ Clippers on Christmas, breh

It's A VC3!!!
08-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Shocked at how the shit non-playoff Knicks got a game on Christmas. They nowhere near deserve it. Lakers don't deserve it either though. They are shit as well. I guess it is all business after all.

niko
08-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Shocked at how the shit non-playoff Knicks got a game on Christmas. They nowhere near deserve it. Lakers don't deserve it either though. They are shit as well. I guess it is all business after all.
Because the Nets have no fans. :lol It took two years and you've already been relegated to the back of the bus. Knicks play on christmas because our fanbase is enormous. This is a business and we are a draw.

Levity
08-12-2014, 07:54 PM
I guess it is all business after all.

you guessed correct

SpecialQue
08-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/lakers-ratings-down-nearly-50-from-last-season-1201136954/

So the Lakers had historically bad ratings last season, with no Kobe and no playoff hopes.

They averaged 199,000 viewers.

The Clippers had two healthy stars who got constant TV exposure, and were a lock for the playoffs and were "championship contenders".

They averaged 96,000 viewers.

In fact, ratings for Clipper games were down last season, and the theory is that it's because the Lakers were shit and some LA basketball fans would rather not watch the game at all than watch Clipper games.

LA will always be Laker town, no matter how badly people don't want it to be. They get ratings, even when they suck ass. That is why they play on Christmas. People want to watch the Lakers. The NBA letting the Clippers play on Christmas will end the moment CP3 and Blake bail.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Doubt it. You'll be full-blown damage control by then. Probably back to having a Heat avi as well. What a loser!

Pureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :applause:

niko
08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/lakers-ratings-down-nearly-50-from-last-season-1201136954/

So the Lakers had historically bad ratings last season, with no Kobe and no playoff hopes.

The Clippers had two healthy stars who got constant TV exposure, and were a lock for the playoffs and were "championship contenders".

In fact, ratings for Clipper games were down last season, and the theory is that it's because the Lakers were shit and some LA basketball fans would rather not watch the game at all than watch Clipper games.

LA will always be Laker town, no matter how badly people don't want it to be. They get ratings, even when they suck ass. That is why they play on Christmas. People want to watch the Lakers. The NBA letting the Clippers play on Christmas will end the moment CP3 and Blake bail.
It's same in NY. In terms of pct audience, the Nets are the second worst team in the league ratings wise to the bobcats. The Knicks are middle of the pack. But during the year i'm sure you'll see articles about the Nets taking over, etc. It's a joke. Clippers are a better team, Lakers are a better draw.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Lakers are the most popular team in the league, shit team or not.

Ratings.

navy
08-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

I dont care about the Lakers and Clippers battle, here is my thing with putting bad teams on National TV....

You are completely taking away from the game as a whole. Lakers fans will be there because of a winning history, but how many new fans are you going to attract letting them play on national tv and suck ass? Absolutely none. How many of us ISH posters are going to care about the game? Few. Granted I guess that depends on Kobe's play.

At least with the Clippers you can showcase Chris Paul and lake Griffin and attract new fans to the NBA and/or the Clippers.

The reason the Knicks and Lakers have high ratings despite not playing well is they keep getting showcased. The Lakers have always been relevant so it applies to them less.

Give us some good basketball. You will attract more viewers in the long run than just by spamming terrible big market teams.

SpecialQue
08-12-2014, 08:27 PM
I dont care about the Lakers and Clippers battle, here is my thing with putting bad teams on National TV....

You are completely taking away from the game as a whole. Lakers fans will be there because of a winning history, but how many new fans are you going to attract letting them play on national tv and suck ass? Absolutely none. How many of us ISH posters are going to care about the game? Few. Granted I guess that depends on Kobe's play.

At least with the Clippers you can showcase Chris Paul and lake Griffin and attract new fans to the NBA and/or the Clippers.

The reason the Knicks and Lakers have high ratings despite not playing well is they keep getting showcased. The Lakers have always been relevant so it applies to them less.

Give us some good basketball. You will attract more viewers in the long run than just by spamming terrible big market teams.

New fans are going to want to watch Kobe vs. Rose. Their records are irrelevant to new fans.

And please...if Kobe's playing, I guarantee the GT for that game will be just as long as the one for the Cavs.

navy
08-12-2014, 08:28 PM
New fans are going to want to watch Kobe vs. Rose. Their records are irrelevant to new fans.

And please...if Kobe's playing, I guarantee the GT for that game will be just as long as the one for the Cavs.
Like I said, it might be different if Kobe is still good.

If he's not, it will be a waste of a game.

Smoke117
08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

Anybody who actually wants to see good basketball doesn't care about ratings and all that bullshit, so shut up. Nobody cares about bulls vs lakers.

TheMarkMadsen
08-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

Nobody gives a shit about the clippers

:roll: :roll:

Legends66NBA7
08-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Anybody who actually wants to see good basketball doesn't care about ratings and all that bullshit

The main guys who run the league care about the ratings. They are obviously going to put the most popular names and teams out on Christmas Day because they have a bigger market/draw power. They want to make as much money as possible out of these games and will do so accordingly.

Just the business side of the world.

SpecialQue
08-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Anybody who actually wants to see good basketball doesn't care about ratings and all that bullshit, so shut up. Nobody cares about bulls vs lakers.

YOU don't care about Bulls vs. Lakers. The fact that they get high ratings and are playing on Christmas is undeniable, concrete proof that a shitload of people do care about seeing them play.

In other news, when your parent covers your eyes playing "peek a boo," they don't actually disappear. They're still in front of you.

poido123
08-12-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm excited for every Bulls game this year.

This one is no exception.

I'd like to see Rose and Kobe go ham :rockon:

SpecialQue
08-12-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm excited for every Bulls game this year.

This one is no exception.

I'd like to see Rose and Kobe go ham :rockon:

Same here. I'm still hoping the Lakers kick their ass on Christmas, but I'm definitely rooting for them to come out of the east this season.

Hoopz2332
08-12-2014, 10:25 PM
knicks @ wizards
Lakers @ bulls

:lol

poido123
08-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Same here. I'm still hoping the Lakers kick their ass on Christmas, but I'm definitely rooting for them to come out of the east this season.

Happy with both outcomes if one is dependant on the other. :oldlol:

eliteballer
08-12-2014, 10:28 PM
We essentially traded Gasol for Boozer:wtf:

poido123
08-12-2014, 10:31 PM
We essentially traded Gasol for Boozer:wtf:

Yikes!

I didn't look at it that way...:(

Anyways, you guys are clearly geared for the 2016 offseason in which you should have plenty of cap to sign a Durant.

Good Ol JR
08-13-2014, 08:42 PM
BYE GAWD whata matchup

ImKobe
08-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Kobe will drop 50 pts, you heard it here first, bookmark it

Dragic4Life
08-13-2014, 10:44 PM
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping