PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think that LeBron's game still doesn't look good?

Rose'sACL
08-12-2014, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqQMTfp9AQ

I was watching his highlights from last season and saw how good looking his fadeaway jumper is now. he has turned one of the worst looking jumper into one of the best turnaround fadeaway jumper in all of the NBA. Just look at those turnaround fadeaways in the post.
The lift he gets on his fadeaways is so great given how big he is. That is hard work right there. I made this video for my friend's channel.

Im so nba'd out
08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Rmt2uVKfY

I was watching his highlights from last season and saw how good looking his fadeaway jumper is now. he has turned one of the worst looking jumper into one of the best turnaround fadeaway jumper in all of the NBA. Just look at those turnaround fadeaways in the post.
The lift he gets on his fadeaways is so great given how big he is. That is hard work right there. I made this video for my friend's channel.
He clearly declined last season from the year before.The 1st time in his career that he didnt improve the next season he had a streak from 03-13 where he got better every single year.

Rose'sACL
08-12-2014, 06:46 PM
He clearly declined last season from the year before.The 1st time in his career that he didnt improve the next season he had a streak from 03-13 where he got better every single year.
i am talking about his jumper. Everyone complains that his jumper doesn't look good when he has probably one of the best turnaround fadeaway in the game.

T_L_P
08-12-2014, 06:46 PM
He was much funner to watch as a Cav.

It's a shame most of his fans didn't get to see him. :(

dubeta
08-12-2014, 06:47 PM
He's much better offensively than prime Kobe and MJ but becasue he doesnt look "smooth" people think he's not as effective

MJ and Kobe would kill to be good enough to score 27 ppg on 57% and 38% from 3

Rose'sACL
08-12-2014, 06:48 PM

He had a quicker 1st step but his jumpshot was never as good as it was last season. That is why he didn't struggle as much scoring wise against spurs in the finals.

T_L_P
08-12-2014, 06:49 PM
He was a better cutter but his jumpshot was never as good as it was last season. That is why he didn't struggle as much scoring wise against spurs in the finals.

Yeah, his jumper isn't ugly or anything, but his playstyle has changed.

inclinerator
08-12-2014, 07:31 PM
why is the video so dark

SpecialQue
08-12-2014, 07:33 PM
why is the video so dark

Reported for racism.

Angel Face
08-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Lebron has an ugly game for a superstar. He lacks finesse and artistry... Especially if you compare him to this guy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VcA2QZEFU

toooo
08-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Lebron has ugly moves. Post, or facing up. He relies on strength.

Suguru101
08-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Reported for racism.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kvnzhangyay
08-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Lebron has ugly moves. Post, or facing up. He relies on strength.

Where have you been the last 2 years? His game has completely changed and he relies far far far less on strength/athleticism nowadays

okayabc123
08-12-2014, 07:49 PM
All I remember is, Lebron couldn't even put moves past Mirza Teletović. He doesn't have a smooth hesitation crossover or footwork. Everything feels forced and trying too hard. Lebron only looks smooth on fast break.

toooo
08-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Where have you been the last 2 years?

Watching lebron choke up game winners and getting blocked by a rookie.

Lebron has no crossover or hesitation. He relies on strength and traveling.

His post moves are ugly AF. Just admit it. Watch jordan to see some tasty moves.

GODbe
08-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Honestly, the closest LeBalds ever been to aesthetically pleasing is when he got blocked by Kobe twice in embarrassing fashion.

Kvnzhangyay
08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Watching lebron choke up game winners and getting blocked by a rookie.

Lebron has no crossover or hesitation. He relies on strength and traveling.

His post moves are ugly AF. Just admit it. Watch jordan to see some tasty moves.

http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/LeBron-Game-Winner.jpg

Who cares if he is "aesthetically unpleasing" in the post up moves. His strength and traveling let him become an efficient monster :roll: :roll: you even said it yourself. What's pleasing is the fact that he is wrecking your team

305Baller
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Maybe now that he has trimmed down he can gain some quickness.

2/5

Kovach
08-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Reported for racism.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Beastmode88
08-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Reported for racism.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Repped.

cruthikai352
08-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Hes just not good at fakes, he also cant get as low anymore trying to beat ppl off the dribble but that may change with the weight loss

toooo
08-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Who cares if he is "aesthetically unpleasing" in the post up moves. His strength and traveling let him become an efficient monster :roll: :roll: you even said it yourself. What's pleasing is the fact that he is wrecking your team

Lol, nice try. I'm a spurs fan and pretty sure they fkd the Heat up. Fggt.

LBJFTW
08-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Or that those who were once fans like myself that watched him for 7 years at the arena could give a shit less about what he does and just view him as a ring chaser. I don't live in Cleveland anymore (3 hours away) so it's not like I have as much of a say as a long time resident of Cleveland that never burned his jersey.

At least I'm not some bandwagon Euro that lives on the other side of the globe that simply likes a player because he happens to be the best playing the game and changed my avatar from Cavs, to heat, then back to Cavs so that ISH can call me out on it and make me feel like a dumbass. :lol

AintNoSunshine
08-12-2014, 10:06 PM
So versatile, too good:bowdown:

poido123
08-12-2014, 10:15 PM
What's not to love about Bulldozing drives and crabsteps?

:dancin

Rose'sACL
08-12-2014, 11:26 PM
What's not to love about Bulldozing drives and crabsteps?

:dancin
Did you even watch the video? His fadeaway looks beautiful now. The lift on his turnaround fadeaway is crazy.

Megabox!
08-13-2014, 12:00 AM
He has gotten damn good with his jumpers and fadaways. He looks much more comfortable shooting those outside shots too, just shows you how hard of a worker he is

SamuraiSWISH
08-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Especially if you compare him to this guy
Yea well you're talking about comparisons with the GOAT sexiness of game on the court? The skill, footwork, jumper of modern Kobe, but with greater athletic separation ... much more creative, jaw dropping artistry around the rim due to superior athleticism / finishing abilities.

Rose'sACL
08-13-2014, 03:51 AM
why is the video so dark
i don't know why that one came out so dark. Will upload a brighter version in a minute.

Collie
08-13-2014, 03:55 AM
I think a lot of it is because he's wide and strong, which gives people the perception that he uses his strength most of the time. Compare it with guys like MJ or Kobe, who look graceful even when they perform awkward looking moves.

Inferno
08-13-2014, 03:59 AM
http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/LeBron-Game-Winner.jpg

Get that shit outta here :coleman: Beautiful contest by Iggy tho :applause:

Rose'sACL
08-13-2014, 05:33 AM
that lift on his fadeaway though. Great pic.
This one is pretty good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqQMTfp9AQ#t=49

305Baller
08-13-2014, 05:33 AM
His fadeaway is sick though. Its different than Kobe/Jordan's, not as graceful but it covers more distance.

2/5

MP.Trey
08-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Don't like that one, how about this one :D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raq1AaR9-3g

riseagainst
08-13-2014, 10:28 AM
his game is much better on paper. The numbers, the efficiency, etc.

pegasus
08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Lebron has an ugly game for a superstar. He lacks finesse and artistry... Especially if you compare him to this guy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VcA2QZEFU

This. Like Jordan said, he is like a bull in a china shop. He did work on his game though, I gotta give him that. His jumper has improved vastly, but he still loses confidence in his shot when the going gets tough.

His vision and passing (even though sometimes he passes too much, especially with the game on the line) are elite and pretty to watch.