PDA

View Full Version : Greg Monroe signs Pistons' qualifying offer

DirkNowitzki41
08-12-2014, 06:57 PM
$5.5 mill and will be a unrestricted FA next summer

Forward-center Greg Monroe has informed the Detroit Pistons' he will accept the qualifying offer, play for Detroit in 2014-15 and become an unrestricted free agent next summer, two people familiar with Monroe's plan told USA TODAY Sports.

The people requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about Monroe's decision.

Monroe, 24, was a restricted free agent this summer but decided not to sign an offer sheet with another team or sign a multiyear extension with the Pistons.

He instead will be one of the most highly sought-after free agents next offseason.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2014/08/12/greg-monroe-restricted-free-agent-pistons-qualifying-offer/12940893/

Meticode
08-12-2014, 06:59 PM
I would hope they move Monroe or Smith, otherwise it's a stupid decision to go through 2013-2014 all over again. They can't co-exist on the floor at the same time.

buddha
08-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I would hope they move Monroe or Smith, otherwise it's a stupid decision to go through 2013-2014 all over again. They can't co-exist on the floor at the same time.

why not?

they didn't suck because those players can't co-exist, they sucked because their entire team has a combined IQ that is below room temperature.

Meticode
08-12-2014, 07:26 PM
why not?

they didn't suck because those players can't co-exist, they sucked because their entire team has a combined IQ that is below room temperature.
Because they already showed they can't play together last year. The floor spacing was absolutely horrid along with the defense.

Cocaine80s
08-12-2014, 07:27 PM
is he a center or pf?

Meticode
08-12-2014, 07:28 PM
is he a center or pf?
He has the size for a center, but he's not a rim protector. In fact he's average at best defensively, most people probably consider him below-average.

longtime lurker
08-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Lol good bye Monroe. Detroit will lose him for nothing

G.O.A.T
08-12-2014, 08:22 PM

I want to see Smith or Monroe (preferably Monroe) made sixth man and have the second team offense run through him. Play all three guys 28-36 mpg (32 each would work without having Smith at SF).

If you could get Smith and Monroe to buy in, don't you think that would be a pretty solid frontcourt rotation?

bagelred
08-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Wow. You rarely see guys doing that these days. Why didn't he go on market and find a big offer?

Eh...now Detroit will lose him for nothing.

raprap
08-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I was hoping for Drummond to have more touches this season. Looks like we have to wait another year.

Meticode
08-12-2014, 08:52 PM
I was hoping for Drummond to have more touches this season. Looks like we have to wait another year.
Still incredibly raw if you watch the Team USA scrimmages.

navy
08-12-2014, 09:05 PM
So dont play them at the same time...

irondarts
08-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Bledsoe is going to do the same thing and then GTFO of Phoenix next season. Not sure if Monroe''s relationship with Detroit has been ruined, but Bledsoe's relationship with the Suns has been ruined due to RFA.

livingby3's
08-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Bledsoe is going to do the same thing and then GTFO of Phoenix next season. Not sure if Monroe''s relationship with Detroit has been ruined, but Bledsoe's relationship with the Suns has been ruined due to RFA.

Yeah it's a case gone. I don't even wish for Bledsoe to be on the team next season, just going to statspad through the season.

Pistons and the Suns should really had tried working something out

Meticode
08-12-2014, 09:56 PM
So dont play them at the same time...
If it were only that easy when both players command 35 minutes per game.

ZMonkey11
08-12-2014, 10:28 PM
If he insists on remaining a starter, at least we'll get a lottery pick out of him leaving. That silver lining #doe.

christian1923
08-12-2014, 10:55 PM
He'll be a nice piece you can trade mid season

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-12-2014, 10:56 PM
He has the size for a center, but he's not a rim protector. In fact he's average at best defensively, most people probably consider him below-average.

He's very below average defensively. Kinda soft at times too.

Rake2204
08-12-2014, 11:03 PM
I was hoping for Drummond to have more touches this season. Looks like we have to wait another year.I mean this nicely, but I am uncertain what Andre Drummond would do with additional touches. I know I say this often, but his offensive game - particularly with his back to the basket - appears poor enough to make me wonder if it's just going to be something he'll never truly be able to develop and rely upon. Some players just don't have the ability to have a feel for certain things. I'd like it if he surprised me in that regard, but I have not yet been encouraged by much of what I've seen.