PDA

View Full Version : Lillard high on Elfrid Payton

Jameerthefear
08-12-2014, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE]Lillard on Elfrid Payton: "A lot of times you can

NBAplayoffs2001
08-12-2014, 10:26 PM
So wait... the Magic literally draft a taller Rondo and the fools on here are hating? :roll: Topkek my friends.

Isn't it pass your bed time? :facepalm

JohnFreeman
08-12-2014, 10:26 PM
:oldlol:

Maga_1
08-12-2014, 10:50 PM
So wait... the Magic literally draft a taller Rondo and the fools on here are hating? :roll: Topkek my friends.

You know he says that because Elfrid also come from a mid major school right?

outbreak
08-12-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't think he's the best prospect ever but he has just as much potential as Exum and Smart. If anything I like him more than those two now but that is because I think a pass first guard will suit us better than a score first point.

LilEddyCurry
08-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Not going to deny it, Elfrid Payton is going to be a special player. Although Aaron Gordon was drafted a bit high, he has a lot of upside at 18 years old and no doubt will be at least a solid starter in this league.

Pushxx
08-12-2014, 11:57 PM
His inconsistency and lack of strength were big flaws in college, but they are fixable problems.

If he addresses them, he will make it in the NBA despite probably never having a good jump shot.

waseem780
08-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Lillard high on weed

dubeta
08-13-2014, 12:00 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/s720x720/10568913_921234791238379_3987497341241178128_n.jpg

Cactus-Sack
08-13-2014, 12:02 AM
I don't think he's the best prospect ever but he has just as much potential as Exum and Smart. If anything I like him more than those two now but that is because I think a pass first guard will suit us better than a score first point.

He doesn't though. Exum's ceiling is MVP/Perennial All-Star (whether or not he actually gets there is up for discussion). Payton's ceiling is above average starter.

Even right now I think Exum is better, because he isn't a turnover machine and can actually shoot.

Cocaine80s
08-13-2014, 12:03 AM
why does his name sound like a fairy

Brokenbeat
08-13-2014, 12:06 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/s720x720/10568913_921234791238379_3987497341241178128_n.jpg

:oldlol: :oldlol:

outbreak
08-13-2014, 01:37 AM
He doesn't though. Exum's ceiling is MVP/Perennial All-Star (whether or not he actually gets there is up for discussion). Payton's ceiling is above average starter.

Even right now I think Exum is better, because he isn't a turnover machine and can actually shoot.

....really? You are saying a guy who has looked average in every serious game he has played is has MVP potential? You must think every 6'6 athlete has that much potential then? Lavine has looked better than Exum so far and I'm one of the people who is high on Exum and still thinks Lavine won't be more than an above average role player. Payton had one bad summer league game, Exum didn't have a single summer league game where he played well besides showing flashes of a quick first step (Payton showed a nice first step too and actually finished on blow bys and cross overs with dunks). Neither have proven themselves yet in real competition but Payton has shown us a hell of a lot more actual basketball skills in a hell of a lot more game tape. I still think Exum will be a good player but he isn't on another level compared to Payton or Smart like people were making out. All three have the potential to be great and all three have the potential to be mediocre.

oarabbus
08-13-2014, 01:45 AM
"Elfrid" sounds like a dope name of some indoor sativa.

moe94
08-13-2014, 01:51 AM
:roll:

fiddy
08-13-2014, 04:14 AM
the Magic will never ever ever win an NBA title, you dont have much to be happy about, jump ship while you can

BoutPractice
08-13-2014, 04:38 AM
Hasn't proven anything yet, but I've been high on him for a while.

coin24
08-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Must suck passing up on exum:lol :lol

Loser franchise.. Jameerthequeer jealous ex

VIntageNOvel
08-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Lillard is high

Fixed

Aussie Dunker
08-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Elfrid / Oladipo / Gordon...

Magic are building quite an athletic defensive core... I like it, but who's putting the points on the board?...

kurple
08-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Elfrid / Oladipo / Gordon...

Magic are building quite an athletic defensive core... I like it, but who's putting the points on the board?...big elfrid fan, but they will have the worst spacing ever

Take Your Lumps
08-13-2014, 10:05 AM
big elfrid fan, but they will have the worst spacing ever

Exactly why I liked the Channing Frye signing even though they had to overpay, it's a great fit.

Dragic + Bledsoe tore up the paint with Frye roaming around....I expect Payton + Oladipo to do the same. Should also free up his cousin (Harris) for a potential breakout...we'll see.

Cactus-Sack
08-13-2014, 10:38 AM
....really? You are saying a guy who has looked average in every serious game he has played is has MVP potential? You must think every 6'6 athlete has that much potential then? Lavine has looked better than Exum so far and I'm one of the people who is high on Exum and still thinks Lavine won't be more than an above average role player. Payton had one bad summer league game, Exum didn't have a single summer league game where he played well besides showing flashes of a quick first step (Payton showed a nice first step too and actually finished on blow bys and cross overs with dunks). Neither have proven themselves yet in real competition but Payton has shown us a hell of a lot more actual basketball skills in a hell of a lot more game tape. I still think Exum will be a good player but he isn't on another level compared to Payton or Smart like people were making out. All three have the potential to be great and all three have the potential to be mediocre.

-Summer League bruh.

-That is his ceiling, Payton has a much lower ceiling.

-Exum is a year and a half younger.

I know your a Magic fan, but their potential is light-years apart. Kyle Anderson has proven a hell of a lot more than Exum, yet I'm not comparing the two.

SpanishACB
08-13-2014, 12:11 PM
NBA players are just like your average joe when it comes to opinions.

Probably worse because being put infront of a camera forces you to be politically correct.

If you could trust NBA players with opinions, scouts would be a dying breed, you'd just rely on your players to recruit. Some teams do, and look how that goes.

chocolatethunder
08-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Exum can't shoot and is a turnover machine. In summer league Exum shot .308 from the field .167 from three and .643 from the line. He averaged 2.8 assists and 3.0 turnovers along with 7.2 pts.

Payton shot .593 from the field .500 from three and .650 from the line. He averaged 7.0 assists and 4.0 turnovers while scoring 9.2 pts and grabbed 5.2 rebounds.

So Exum is a better shooter yet shot worse and Payton is a turnover machine yet he averaged only one turnover more than Exum per game and averaged four more assists.

I assure you that you know very little to nothing about Dante Exum. But keep talking you look smart.

chocolatethunder
08-13-2014, 12:44 PM
-Summer League bruh.

I know your a Magic fan, but their potential is light-years apart. Kyle Anderson has proven a hell of a lot more than Exum, yet I'm not comparing the two.

Please tell me where Exum's potential lies because it's not in shooting or passing. He can't even make FTs and I'm not talking about his summer league stats I'm talking historically. He's not a super athlete. He has a decent first step and that's it. Sit back and enjoy his shit show of a rookie year.

MiseryCityTexas
08-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Magic fans should consider this pick a success if he's at least better than Jameer Nelson.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Exum can't shoot and is a turnover machine. In summer league Exum shot .308 from the field .167 from three and .643 from the line. He averaged 2.8 assists and 3.0 turnovers along with 7.2 pts.

Payton shot .593 from the field .500 from three and .650 from the line. He averaged 7.0 assists and 4.0 turnovers while scoring 9.2 pts and grabbed 5.2 rebounds.

So Exum is a better shooter yet shot worse and Payton is a turnover machine yet he averaged only one turnover more than Exum per game and averaged four more assists.

I assure you that you know very little to nothing about Dante Exum. But keep talking you look smart.

I really thought Exum would be a beast but looking at those stats I think I may be wrong. Payton does remind me of Rondo coming out.

chocolatethunder
08-13-2014, 05:06 PM
I really thought Exum would be a beast but looking at those stats I think I may be wrong. Payton does remind me of Rondo coming out.
Just watch him play. That's what I did.

chocolatethunder
08-13-2014, 05:10 PM
NBA players are just like your average joe when it comes to opinions.

Probably worse because being put infront of a camera forces you to be politically correct.

If you could trust NBA players with opinions, scouts would be a dying breed, you'd just rely on your players to recruit. Some teams do, and look how that goes.
This is correct. Being a player doesn't mean that you can scout talent. Look at Jordan. Does anyone remember when Baron Davis said that Lee Nailon was going to be a 20ppg player? I mean Lee Nailon. Give me a break.

niko
08-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Payton will be awesome by the time he jumps to LA.

outbreak
08-13-2014, 06:23 PM
-Summer League bruh.

I don't understand how you can say summer league means nothing and then hype up Exum who hasn't played in any real competition besides summer league and a youth tournament in which Arron Gordon was the MVP and Elfrid Payton looked really good in as well. Yet people will say Gordon and Payton aren't as good a prospect as Exum? I really don't understand how you can just write off ALL the game footage we have seen of these players and be so confident in your judgement PURELY based on how he looks. I'm not saying Exum will be a bust but he is not on another level compared to Payton or Smart as a prospect. I think he will be an all star but I think Payton and Smart have just as much chance of achieving that as well. Hell all 3 could be busts or all 3 could be stars right now, none of them are on another level like someone like Anthony Davis looked to be as a rookie.

outbreak
08-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Payton will be awesome by the time he jumps to LA.

And the year after when he is in Houston he will be even better!

el gringos
08-13-2014, 07:04 PM
I don't understand how you can say summer league means nothing and then hype up Exum who hasn't played in any real competition besides summer league and a youth tournament in which Arron Gordon was the MVP and Elfrid Payton looked really good in as well. Yet people will say Gordon and Payton aren't as good a prospect as Exum? I really don't understand how you can just write off ALL the game footage we have seen of these players and be so confident in your judgement PURELY based on how he looks. I'm not saying Exum will be a bust but he is not on another level compared to Payton or Smart as a prospect. I think he will be an all star but I think Payton and Smart have just as much chance of achieving that as well. Hell all 3 could be busts or all 3 could be stars right now, none of them are on another level like someone like Anthony Davis looked to be as a rookie.
That's what I thought was so crazy about this drafts pg class. Between Payton, laVine, smart, and exum you might have 4 all star caliber pg's. And then again you may not have a single NBA starting pg. The range to me looked that wide. I also thought nick Johnson was way closer to that group than he ended up getting drafted.

OncePerMonth
08-13-2014, 10:46 PM

:lol