PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Lakers with Phil Jackson

Ca$H
08-12-2014, 10:36 PM
The 1999 Lakers were super stacked and underachieved big time. If Phil coached the Lakers that year would they win the title?

Van Exel
Kobe
Eddie Jones
Rodman
Shaq

Fisher, Fox, and Horry off the bench. Epic coaching failure.:facepalm

NBAplayoffs2001
08-12-2014, 10:39 PM
The 1999 Lakers were super stacked and underachieved big time. If Phil coached the Lakers that year would they win the title?

Van Exel
Kobe
Eddie Jones
Rodman
Shaq

Fisher, Fox, and Horry off the bench. Epic coaching failure.:facepalm
This team was sooooo stacked. They were more talented on paper than the 98 Bulls. ON PAPER.

Ca$H
08-12-2014, 10:43 PM
This team was sooooo stacked. They were more talented on paper than the 98 Bulls. ON PAPER.

Phil would have controlled Rodman too. It just proves how important Phil really is. He doesn't get enough credit for how great he is.

T_L_P
08-12-2014, 10:45 PM
It all depends on how good Phil was at making Shaq better and how good his defensive schemes were.

Shaq wasn't very good against the Spurs, and Duncan killed them. If Phil made Shaq better, and he was able to contain Duncan, they might have gone all the way.

Kobe would have needed to do a lot more as well.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Jones was a major choker with the spotlight on and he was traded for Rice. Rice was never the same after the lockout. Nevermind the chemistry problems, first with Jones, Shaq, and Nick and then Rice about his pt. That came under Phil, no? Phil favoring Fox over Rice.

I think Rodman was cut. Lakers couldn't handle him. Perhaps Phil would have changed that, tho. He was still a viable player.

Ca$H
08-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Jones was a major choker with the spotlight on and he was traded for Rice. Rice was never the same after the lockout. Nevermind the chemistry problems, first with Jones, Shaq, and Nick and then Rice about his pt. That came under Phil, no? Phil favoring Fox over Rice.

I think Rodman was cut. Lakers couldn't handle him. Perhaps Phil would have changed that, tho. He was still a viable player.

I don't think there would be chemistry problems with Phil there. Phil would have handled Rodman.

Droid101
08-12-2014, 11:02 PM
This. With Rodman, they were murdering everyone. After they cut him they played way worse and were bounced.

Phil would have put him in line and they would have won a ring.

TheMarkMadsen
08-12-2014, 11:08 PM
They had to wait for Kobe to become elite..

They lost 2 all stars in Van Exel & Jones and got better somehow..

KOBE143
08-12-2014, 11:12 PM
They would not win.. Kobe who turn into superstars in 2000 was the main reason they won 3 titles in a row.. Phil was just an icing on the cake..