PG- John Stockton

(he took his time to do it....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0LmdWYjspc&hd=1

Well balance cuz of passing?
They lack shooting
Defense is okay

Budadiiii
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
The **** is this? The all beta/choking team?

FOH.

Droid101
Man, he's buttmad.

Springsteen
inb4 jordan fans call him salty

robert_shaww
08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
This is Robert Shaww best starting five to win a championship any given season, considering chemistry:

C- Kareem A. Jabbar
PF- Tim Duncan
SF- Scottie Pippen (bird or lebron are better scorers, buy i need pippen defense)
SG- Michael Jordan
PG- John Stockton (Magic is better, but i need a guy like stockton)

robert_shaww
08-13-2014, 01:11 PM
They lack shooting
Defense is okay

you dont win a season with 5 shooters.

riseagainst
08-13-2014, 01:12 PM
This is Robert Shaww best starting five to win a championship any given season, considering chemistry:

C- Kareem Abdul Jabbar
PF- Tim Duncan
SF- Scottie Pippen (bird or lebron are better scorers, buy i need pippen defense)
SG- Michael Jordan

C- Hakeem
PF- Duncan
SF- Pippen
SG- Michael Jordan
PG- Nash

robert_shaww
08-13-2014, 01:13 PM
C- Hakeem
PF- Duncan
SF- Pippen
SG- Michael Jordan
PG- Nash

i understand hakeem...fine...but NASH? why?? stockton plays great defense....you dont need another scorer...

riseagainst
08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
i understand hakeem...fine...but NASH? why?? stockton plays great defense....you dont need another scorer...

i figured with twin towers and 2 of the best perimeter defenders already, why not have a great pick and roll guard with super reliable 3 point shot and a pull up jumper?

because let's be honest here, no one really has a reliable long range on this team or your team outside of Nash.

robert_shaww
08-13-2014, 01:15 PM
i figured with twin towers and 2 of the best perimeter defenders already, why not have a great pick and roll guard with super reliable 3 point shot and a pull up jumper?

stockton hs 52FG% jumpshots in his carrer

riseagainst
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
stockton hs 52FG% jumpshots in his carrer

mainly for the 3 point shot here.

Dragic4Life
08-13-2014, 01:17 PM
He's right.

robert_shaww
08-13-2014, 01:20 PM
He's right.

with james at 4 thats a terrific offensive team....robertson and pippen doing everything...stockton passing...and james with chamberlain in the post...my god...

bagelred
08-13-2014, 02:02 PM
I'll just throw quick lineup out:

Stockton, Jordan, Pippen, Lebron, Shaq

ralph_i_el
08-13-2014, 02:03 PM

C- Kareem A. Jabbar
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Michael Jordan

Shooting?

Give me:

Pg: CP3
SG: MJ
Sf: Bird
PF: Bron
C: Shaq

Beastmode88
08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Shooting?

Give me:

Pg: CP3
SG: Ray Allen
Sf: MJ
PF: Bron
C: Shaq

CP3 over curry? :biggums:

IGOTGAME
08-13-2014, 02:07 PM

lol Curry is not even close to being considered for something like this. He isn't even a true point guard, makes bad decisions and is a horrible defender. He would get outplayed routinely on a team like that.

Beastmode88
08-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Wasn't there already a thread on this last year?

juju151111
08-13-2014, 02:11 PM
You are all Wrong. This team has no weakness.
Gary Payton
Mj
LJ
Duncan
Hakeem
Coach Phil Jackson assistant Thibs

Teams would barely score over 80ppg while they dominate offensive ly

Jlamb47
08-13-2014, 02:12 PM
You are all Wrong. This team has no weakness.
Gary Payton
Mj
LJ
Duncan
Hakeem
Coach Phil Jackson assistant Thibs

Teams would barely score over 80ppg while they dominate offensive ly

Magic
Michael
Kobe
Garnett
Duncan

97 bulls
08-13-2014, 02:17 PM
I liked to get a more elaborate response from those that feel Malone is "salty" or "butthurt". Why do you say such?

kshutts1
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
They lack shooting
Defense is okay
Defense is ok? WTF you smoking, dude? Pippen, Wilt, Oscar, Stockton are all regarded as top defenders at their position. Ever. Lebron is regarded as a top defender currently playing.

As for shooting... Lebron hits 3s around 38%? Stock was a great shooter. Pippen was streaky, but is still (I think) Bulls leader in 3p made. He may not be a marksman, but the D needs to aware of him.

I'm not saying it's the best possible starting 5. I'm more partial to a few others. But it's not bad at all, and does take into account chemistry and spacing and other aspects that most people overlook.

kshutts1
08-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Could go in a variety of ways with an all-time team, of course, but let's try...

Russell
Dirk
Pippen
Reggie
Oscar

Certainly not my favorite, but I like it right now.

buddha
08-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon
Dennis Rodman
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
Chris Paul

Nobody can beat that team.

Inactive
08-13-2014, 03:22 PM
It looks like a decent team to me.

Stockton is a great fit on these kinds of all-time starting 5s, even though he isn't one the best individual players ever. If he doesn't have the ball, he's still a good shooter, and a very good defensive player. If he does have the ball, he's one of the best ever at setting up his teammates.

The goat centers are pretty much interchangeable imo. If you want a dominant inside presence, who will score automatically when they receive the ball in the paint, you can't go wrong with Shaq or Wilt. If you want a center with a midrange/faceup game, to go along with their post game, then you can't go wrong with Hakeem, or Kareem. If you're playing with a stretch 4, you're probably better off with Shaq/Wilt. If you're playing with an inside pf, you're probably better off with Hakeem/Kareem. If want someone to rebound, defend, run the floor, and pass, who doesn't need to score, then you can go with Russell.

The main problems I see with his team are #1. Could use more shooting. #2. Too many players who are used to controlling the ball.

To fix these problems, I'd put Bird at pf, and Lebron at SF. Bird is a great passer, and he doesn't need the ball as much as Pippen/Lebron to make plays. He's also a better shooter, but you lose a little bit on the defensive end.

I'd probably replace Oscar with Michael. This would be a lateral move as far as shooting goes, but it seems to me that MJ does most of the same things at sg as Oscar, but he's much quicker, a better leaper, better defender, and doesn't have to be as ball dominant. Oscar is a better passer, but MJ is good enough that it shouldn't make a huge difference. I believe MJ is much better off the ball, as a finisher off cuts/transition, and probably equal posting up, so overall I see him as a better fit.

ralph_i_el
08-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Dude curry won't touch 2008 cp3 EVER and I really like curry