PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan names his ALL TIME best pickup team (to play with him)

robert_shaww
08-14-2014, 02:58 PM
C- Hakeem Olajuwon
PF- James Worthy
SF- Scottie Pippen

PG- Magic Johnson

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGETZafc-w&hd=1

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
C- Hakeem Olajuwon
PF- James Worthy
SF- Scottie Pippen

PG- Magic Johnson

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGETZafc-w&hd=1

LEBRON IS SO BETA.:yaohappy:

russwest0
08-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I expected Scottie and Hakeem up there. The other two names weren't bad either.

Nothing to complain about like with Karl Malone's list lol

kennethgriffin
08-14-2014, 03:31 PM
ofcourse jordan picks the guy he beat in the finals and not the guy who beat his ass every time they faced

larry legend

SpanishACB
08-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Are we gonna act like Jordan has a clue about basketball besides playing it?

Guy's ego is bigger than his reasoning abilities.

robert_shaww
08-14-2014, 05:54 PM
I expected Scottie and Hakeem up there. The other two names weren't bad either.

Nothing to complain about like with Karl Malone's list lol

lots of bad reputation stars...holly shit..how did you do it?

Lebronxrings
08-14-2014, 05:54 PM
so out of anybody he could pick, he chose scottie pippen? Wow, pippen is an all time great, and that proves the bulls were STACKED.

jzek
08-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Pretty much my all-time starting list except replace Bird with Pippen (Jordan *HAD* to choose Pippen... if Scottie weren't his teammate, we'd probably be seeing Bird in this list instead) and Duncan with Worthy.

Solid Snake
08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Stop being so surprised by the SF pick. Can you imagine the BACKLASH he'd get if he didn't choose his own running mate that's also in the top 50 players?

Stringer Bell
08-14-2014, 11:12 PM
I love Worthy, but he'd have absolute hell guarding the larger PFs like Garnett and Duncan.

Worthy was no doubt an excellent player, but MJ picked him probably because he played with him at UNC.

oarabbus
08-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Bird >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen

Dragic4Life
08-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Where's Lebron?:facepalm

La Frescobaldi
08-15-2014, 01:03 AM
"My era was greater than all other eras combined in fact in the history of basketball no other player ever reached the level of my era's players, not even one can ever be named in the same breath as my era's players.

I hate Larry Bird so I select somebody from his arch-rival Lakers deliberately to insult him.

I have spoken."

dubeta
08-15-2014, 01:04 AM
MJ's choices tell you guys all you need to know about his IQ as a GM/owner :cheers:

Soundwave
08-15-2014, 01:08 AM
C - Hakeem
PF - Magic
SF - Worthy
SG - Jordan
PG - Pippen

Would be more likely the way they match up. He's obviously loyal to guys he played with (Worthy and Pippen).

That would be a sick team.

Most great players are poor GMs/coaches, Jerry West being one of the few exceptions. The skills needed to be a good GM/coach aren't necessarily what makes a great player.

oarabbus
08-15-2014, 01:12 AM
C - Hakeem
PF - Magic
SF - Worthy
SG - Jordan
PG - Pippen

Would be more likely the way they match up. He's obviously loyal to guys he played with (Worthy and Pippen).

That would be a sick team.

Most great players are poor GMs/coaches, Jerry West being one of the few exceptions. The skills needed to be a good GM/coach aren't necessarily what makes a great player.

Dont forget Larry? ROY, Allstar, MVP, FMVP

Coach of the Year

Executive of the Year

If you take "basketball career" into account, meaning not just their player days but also after... you could make a case that Larry > Jordan

Soundwave
08-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Dont forget Larry? ROY, Allstar, MVP, FMVP

Coach of the Year

Executive of the Year

If you take "basketball career" into account, meaning not just their player days but also after... you could make a case that Larry > Jordan

Well no one in any sport combines a player's playing career and their post career because it's a pretty stupid way to go about things.

Magic sucked as a coach too. They wouldn't let Kareem coach anything but a high school team, lol. Isiah is an awful GM. Wilt probably would sub out one of his own players as a coach and check into the game.

Patience and the ability to see the game free of athletic ability are what makes good managers/coaches, but that doesn't make a great player most of the time.

The problem with most great players is their talents are based on instinct, and that makes it hard for them to teach or pass on their talent.

jstern
08-15-2014, 03:25 AM
The title is misleading in the sense that I don't think he's meaning to pick the absolute best team, but rather guys who he would like to play with on his personal dream team. So no surprise to see names like Scottie Pippen over Bird, and James Worthy.

I mean, if he was asked, do you think he would say James Worthy is better than Tim Dunkan or Charles Barkley? Or that Pippen is better than Lebron or Bird?