PDA

View Full Version : Common Foods you Suck/Struggle at cooking or preparing

Tarik One
08-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Pancakes. I can make an appetizing breakfast: Eggs, bacon, toast, french toast, etc, but can rarely make decent pancakes without f***ing them up

Gravy. As as simple as it seem, (flour, water or even the gravy mix) i can't make it to save my life. I just buy it in the can

Fried Chicken (outside of wings). Breasts, Thighs, and to a lesser degree, legs it's difficult to make them correctly.

DeuceWallaces
08-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Gravy is hard and fried chicken can be without a thermometer for the oil.

I hate prepping artichokes.

08-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Cutting and splitting avocados into even pieces. One must always be larger than the other with the larger one stuck with the seed/ball.

Godzuki
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
i suck at grilling/cooking chicken, mostly thicker chicken breasts. i realized u have to cook it lower heat and longer to get the middle fully cooked without burning the outside, but the problem i always have is it ends up too dry. everything else is pretty easy.

Angel Face
08-15-2014, 08:14 PM
I suck at putting cereal into bowl.

IamRAMBO24
08-15-2014, 08:59 PM
I have trouble eating an apple. Everytime I try to take a bite, it falls out of my hand.

navy
08-15-2014, 09:06 PM
I have trouble eating an apple. Everytime I try to take a bite, it falls out of my hand.
That's because you're a dumbass. :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
08-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Aren't you guys supposed to be naturally crafty and skilled? You're dishonoring your famiry.

ThePhantomCreep
08-15-2014, 09:12 PM
i suck at grilling/cooking chicken, mostly thicker chicken breasts. i realized u have to cook it lower heat and longer to get the middle fully cooked without burning the outside, but the problem i always have is it ends up too dry. everything else is pretty easy.

Slice the breasts in half and flattened them evenly with a rolling pin if possible. That way they cook evenly too. Also don't wait for the food to be done in the pan--it continues to cook once you take it out. That's a common mistake people make. Take it out a minute before and let it rest for a few minutes so that it finishes cooking and the juices re-absorb into the meat.

ThePhantomCreep
08-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Cutting and splitting avocados into even pieces. One must always be larger than the other with the larger one stuck with the seed/ball.

Use a chefs knife to remove the core, and a large spoon to remove the skin.

KNOW1EDGE
08-15-2014, 09:32 PM
I can't cook white rice.

I follow all the instructions exactly.

Rice comes out crunchy AF everytime.

Gotta invest in a rice maker

IamRAMBO24
08-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Aren't you guys supposed to be naturally crafty and skilled? You're dishonoring your famiry.

What do you mean by YOU people?

IamRAMBO24
08-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I can't cook white rice.

Who cooks rice over a stove? Fail. :facepalm Join the modern world homeboy.

http://blendworx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/2005_12_20-rice-cooker.jpg

KNOW1EDGE
08-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Who cooks rice over a stove? Fail. :facepalm Join the modern world homeboy.

http://blendworx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/2005_12_20-rice-cooker.jpg

Lol yeah homeboy that's why I said I need to invest in a rice cooker.

I eat a lot of rice, I just can't cook it, I make my roommates or gf cook the rice, I take care of the rest:cheers:

Milbuck
08-15-2014, 10:10 PM
What do you mean by YOU people?
I said you GUYS, not you people...damn dude, aren't you guys supposed to be smart too?

NBAplayoffs2001
08-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Pancakes. I can make an appetizing breakfast: Eggs, bacon, toast, french toast, etc, but can rarely make decent pancakes without f***ing them up

Gravy. As as simple as it seem, (flour, water or even the gravy mix) i can't make it to save my life. I just buy it in the can

Fried Chicken (outside of wings). Breasts, Thighs, and to a lesser degree, legs it's difficult to make them correctly.

In Home Ed in middle school, my group made the cupcakes and instead of putting sugar I put half a bag of salt.

Not realizing my mistake, we gave it to our teacher and she spat it out and gave us all Fs.

:facepalm Never bothered cooking again.

Heavincent
08-15-2014, 11:24 PM
I can't cook white rice.

You have to let it sit for a while.

TylerOO
08-15-2014, 11:45 PM
cereal. always spill the milk everywhere