http://i.imgur.com/MQ1tYnF.png

http://i.imgur.com/qXliHjG.png

:yaohappy:

AnaheimLakers24
08-14-2014, 09:22 PM
funny

navy
08-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Nah, they arent making the playoffs unless someone gets injured.

JT123
08-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Water is wet. Kobe will probably have a handful of 20 point games this year, but the guy we saw in those six games last season is who Kobe is going to be from here on out.

Hoopz2332
08-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Water is wet. Kobe will probably have a handful of 20 point games this year, but the guy we saw in those six games last season is who Kobe is going to be from here on out.

Kobe gonna be chucking 20+ shots a game while shooting 43 Fg% to padded those all time scoring numbers:oldlol:

Soundwave
08-14-2014, 09:32 PM
If this is it for Kobe he's had a helluva career. No hating.

All goods things come to an end eventually, almost 20 years in the league is nothing to scoff at.

Meticode
08-14-2014, 09:39 PM
The highlight of the Lakers upcoming season will be Bryant surpassing Jordan in career points.

Lebronxrings
08-14-2014, 09:40 PM
no gasol? No phil?

No playoffs.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2014, 09:40 PM
no gasol? No phil?

No playoffs.

No wade? No Bosh? No Spolestra? No Pat Riley?

No rings.

Dragic4Life
08-14-2014, 09:44 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Hoopz2332
The highlight of the Lakers upcoming season will be Bryant surpassing Jordan in career points.

:lol kobe's going to chucking like a mofo

ABG
no shit.

Meticode
08-14-2014, 09:45 PM
:lol kobe's going to chucking like a mofo
If he stays healthy he should do it around mid-season. 30-45 games or so.

kennethgriffin
08-14-2014, 09:45 PM
i dunno i think they can make the 7th or 8th seed if theyre all healthy and click together

PG nash/Lin
SG Kobe/Clarkson
SF Young/Henry/Johnson
PF Boozer/Randle/Kelly
C Hill/Davis/Sacre

qrich
08-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Um, no shit?

I can't wait to see what Blake and DJ do to that impersonation of a front court.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Charles has been saying this since 2010. :oldlol: We get it. Not like you're going out on a limb here.

Magic 32
08-14-2014, 10:09 PM
And if he plays great, he still have whiny Lebron fans screaming PED! like they did in feb and mar of 2013.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-14-2014, 10:17 PM
i dunno i think they can make the 7th or 8th seed if theyre all healthy and click together

PG nash/Lin
SG Kobe/Clarkson
SF Young/Henry/Johnson
PF Boozer/Randle/Kelly
C Hill/Davis/Sacre

Bruh are u jokin righ tnow:roll: :roll: :roll: look at that roster LMFAO:roll: :roll:

Kobes one of my fave players but unless theres big injuries like to Dirk, Marc, LMA etc. etc. Lakers have no shot of making it

G-train
08-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Lakers will make the playoffs, they have an underrated team.

G-train
08-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Um, no shit?

I can't wait to see what Blake and DJ do to that impersonation of a front court.

pretty arrogant stuff

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Nash is done he cant even walk anymore. Lin sucks
I dont know who the fck Clarkson is and Kobe is not in his prime anymore

Their SF rotation is one of the worst in the NBA
the only big men they have who plays D is Jordan Hill and Ed Davis................if u think the Lakers are gonna make the playoffs youre delusional

qrich
08-14-2014, 10:23 PM
pretty arrogant stuff

Yes, because Boozer will be able to shut down Blake, and Jordan won't be able to grab a rebound over Hill :rolleyes:

But considering you said:

I can't say I'm overly shocked. The Suns got better, the Grizz improved, the Mavs improved, Houston stayed the same, Portland improved, GSW improved, New Orleans will be healthy, Denver improved. That alone is 8 superior teams, not mentioning the big 3 (OKC/LAC/SAS)

KBaller33
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM
OKC
San Antonio
LAC
Portland
GSW
Houston
Portland
Memphis
Dallas

Who are they taking out? Not to mention Phoenix and Denver. That's 11 teams ahead of them. ESPN's ranking of the Lakers at 12 will probably be right. Don't forget the Pelicans if Anthony Davis makes the superstar leap this season.

kennethgriffin
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Bruh are u jokin righ tnow:roll: :roll: :roll: look at that roster LMFAO:roll: :roll:

Kobes one of my fave players but unless theres big injuries like to Dirk, Marc, LMA etc. etc. Lakers have no shot of making it

healthy nash = 10/8
healthy lin = 16/6
healthy kobe = 25/5/5
healthy young = 17/3
healthy boozer = 15/9
healthy randle = 12/8
healthy hill = 10/10

ed davis is a great rim protector/long and athletic
henry is solid

i dunno.. its not that bad

KBaller33
08-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Yes, because Boozer will be able to shut down Blake, and Jordan won't be able to grab a rebound over Hill :rolleyes:

I can't say I'm overly shocked. The Suns got better, the Grizz improved, the Mavs improved, Houston stayed the same, Portland improved, GSW improved, New Orleans will be healthy, Denver improved. That alone is 8 superior teams, not mentioning the big 3 (OKC/LAC/SAS)

I feel like the Rockets got worse with the loss of Parson, Asik, and Lin, but they're still a playoff team.

SCdac
08-14-2014, 10:31 PM
"healthy Nash" doesn't exist anymore, unfortunately

Nowadays, Kobe's just in it for scoring records anyways

qrich
08-14-2014, 10:32 PM
I feel like the Rockets got worse with the loss of Parson, Asik, and Lin, but they're still a playoff team.

Asik hardly played, plugging in Ryan Hollins would be just as fine, unless Dwight gets hurt.

Parson's does hurt, but Ariza isn't a bad replacement, and Nick Johnson was a great draft addition.

I just don't get why they don't throw money at Marion and use him at the four, personally.

Mgamer20o0
08-14-2014, 10:44 PM
i think most fans dont expect them to make the playoffs.

J Shuttlesworth
08-14-2014, 10:57 PM

PG nash/Lin
SG Kobe/Clarkson
SF Young/Henry/Johnson
PF Boozer/Randle/Kelly
C Hill/Davis/Sacre

Posting the roster made this much more hilarious :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
08-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Posting the roster made this much more hilarious :roll: :roll:

people are expecting kobe to suck
people are expecting nash to be hurt
people are expecting lin to never be good again
people are expecting boozer to stay unmotivated
people are expecting randle to contribute nothing
people are expecting nick young to destroy the team
people are expecting ed davis to be a nobody
people are expecting hill to not be worth 1/5th his contract or be healthy
people are expecting byron scott to drive players away
people are expecting buss to ruin the team even more
people are expecting the clippers to kick them out of staples
people are expecting the lakers team plane to crash
people are expecting every laker fan on ISH to be sent to hell for ever liking this evil franchise

honestly guys stop assuming the worst of everything. i'm sure only 1 or 2 things on that list might happen. stop being a bunch of ****ing clowns LOL

lilgodfather1
08-14-2014, 11:34 PM
The Lakers will almost surely not be a playoff team. It will be sad to see Kobe spend the rest of his career on a terrible team, but it would be sadder to see him take the Ray Allen route of trying to get rings by riding the bench for the favourite. Much more respect for a guy that sticks it out, then hopping teams.

Do we think Kobe will retire after the season? Hopefully not, but he did say he doesn't want to be a role player. Fantastic career, one of the top 10 to ever play.

KBaller33
08-14-2014, 11:37 PM
The Lakers will almost surely not be a playoff team. It will be sad to see Kobe spend the rest of his career on a terrible team, but it would be sadder to see him take the Ray Allen route of trying to get rings by riding the bench for the favourite. Much more respect for a guy that sticks it out, then hopping teams.

Do we think Kobe will retire after the season? Hopefully not, but he did say he doesn't want to be a role player. Fantastic career, one of the top 10 to ever play.

He should retire as a Laker I agree. Him trying to be a ring chaser would hurt his legacy. I think he retires at the end of his contract. So 2 years left, unless he gets hurt again this year.

Human Error
08-14-2014, 11:39 PM
healthy nash = 10/8
healthy lin = 16/6
healthy kobe = 25/5/5
healthy young = 17/3
healthy boozer = 15/9
healthy randle = 12/8
healthy hill = 10/10

henry is solid

They are bad you idiot. Lol 7 guys averaging over 10 ppg. :oldlol:

dubeta
08-14-2014, 11:50 PM
My thread today got deleted, but i basically proved that the lakers have better talent than the cavs

Compare the starting lineups, and the only advantage cleveland has is at SF. Lakers better at every other position, plus they have a deeper bench

If lakers dont atleast make the 2nd round then its a failure, almost as big as the 2013 failure

http://www.lelbron.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/LelBron-Sweater.gif

AintNoSunshine
08-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Nah, they arent making the playoffs unless someone gets injured.

Kobe?

Just2McFly
08-15-2014, 12:04 AM

PG nash/Lin
SG Kobe/Clarkson
SF Young/Henry/Johnson
PF Boozer/Randle/Kelly
C Hill/Davis/Sacre

:roll:

G-train
08-15-2014, 12:05 AM

Very simplistic.

MMM
08-15-2014, 12:48 AM
not like he went out on a limb here but the Lakers aren't as bad as people think they are and if everything breaks for them they could find themselves in contention for a fringe playoff spot.

Smoke117
08-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Hey Charles, thanks for stating the OBVIOUS. Why is this even a thread? Who hasn't said this?

qrich
08-15-2014, 12:56 AM
not like he went out on a limb here but the Lakers aren't as bad as people think they are and if everything breaks for them they could find themselves in contention for a fringe playoff spot.

Since the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers have the three spots atop locked up.

And many expect the Warriors, Blazers, Mavericks to also get in, guaranteed, you have two spots left, leaving:

Houston, Memphis, New Orleans and Phoenix. Will the Lakers be able to beat THREE of those teams out?

oarabbus
08-15-2014, 12:58 AM
healthy nash = 10/8 - :facepalm
healthy lin = 16/6 - yes this is possible
healthy kobe = 25/5/5 prob more like 20/5/5 but possible
healthy young = 17/3 - :facepalm
healthy boozer = 15/9 - possible
healthy randle = 12/8 -sure why not
healthy hill = 10/10 - :wtf: 10/8 if you are LUCKY

henry is solid

Ed Davis is not a "great" rim protector. Henry is "solid" for a bench scrub

RoseCity07
08-15-2014, 01:16 AM
Charles says what we already know. Kobe brings in revenue that they'd lose if they let him walk.

BigTicket
08-15-2014, 01:55 AM

He's got other records to chase as well.

If he gets 211 assists he will pass Pippen, and become the alltime leader among non-PGs.

And, if he can get another All-NBA selection, he will move past Kareem to become the alltime leader with 16.

dreamwarrior
08-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Honestly, it's possible for them to win 50+ games. If the conference is not as strong as it was last year, it's possible for them to win 50. They have a roster with about 42 win shares from last year if you give the two rookies Kelly's ws from last year, Nash's from the year before, and halve Kobe's 2012-2013 ws. If the rookies pan out, double their ws and you get 46 ws, and give them the 4 extra wins they got over win shares last year and you have a 50 win team. Imagine that, if both Randle and Clarkson end up being pretty good and Kobe players better than half his old self, they can make the playoffs indeed. The Lakers aren't as hopeless as people think, especially if Boozer and Lin play better than they did last year.

zoom17
08-15-2014, 02:40 AM
Such a bold prediction barkley:lol

Milbuck
08-15-2014, 02:42 AM
Don't think the Lakers are making the playoffs..but they're really not that bad. With good health and good coaching, they could be a 40-44 win team.

Lin/Clarkson/Nash
Kobe/Xavier/Clarkson
Young/Johnson/Xavier
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Hill/Davis/Sacre

That's decent. They would probably make the playoffs in the East, be something like a 10th seed in the West.

riseagainst
08-15-2014, 10:22 AM
this is very bump-worthy for the chance that Lakers do make it.

ralph_i_el
08-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I'll avy bet anyone who thinks the Lakers will make the playoffs.

Nick Young
08-15-2014, 11:44 AM
f*ck charles

Lebron23
08-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Not in the current west unless the suns regressed from last season.

hawksdogsbraves
08-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I honestly don't think they'd even make the playoffs in the East. They have ONE above average starter and he has some pretty major injury/age concerns.

SsKSpurs21
08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
not a kobe fan by any means but he has had one of the greatest careers of all time.

coming out of high school he has broken records, held numerous awards and won championships.

you cant expect a guy with that many miles to continue playing at MVP levels. i am sure he will still be playing at some sort of allstar level because of his conditioning and work ethic but its going to take alot more than just kobe at 60-70% of what he once was to get them to the playoffs. 60-70% of former kobe is still better than most SGs in the league but in the west it will be really tough.

if they still had gasol and signed another free agent i can see that happening but they were barely an 8th seed a few years ago and missed the playoffs entirely last year.

Mr.Kite
08-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Lakers look better than the rockets

Optimus Prime
08-15-2014, 01:58 PM

PG nash/Lin
SG Kobe/Clarkson
SF Young/Henry/Johnson
PF Boozer/Randle/Kelly
C Hill/Davis/Sacre

Lakers have an outside shot at grabbing a 7/8 seed if everything breaks perfectly for them, which will more than likely not happen.

But your roster choices. :biggums:

Nash is done. He might not even see the floor. Young will be coming off the bench as the 6th man to provide scoring with the second unit and will probably back up the SG position.

This team is getting massively underrated. Just getting rid of D'Antoni and adding Kobe is worth at least 10 wins. Still probably not a playoff team, but they will be entertaining and more competitive than haters realize. :kobe:

Goldrush25
08-15-2014, 02:02 PM
If he's talking about contending for championship he's clearly correct. They have no shot.

If you're the Lakers and you're not competing for a championship you might as well be in rebuild mode IMO.

hawksdogsbraves
08-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Their defense is going to be among the worst in the whole league and the offense outside of Kobe is atrocious. If Kobe doesn't play 70+ games this team is going to win 30 games.

Levity
08-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Lakers have an outside shot at grabbing a 7/8 seed if everything breaks perfectly for them, which will more than likely not happen.

But your roster choices. :biggums:

Nash is done. He might not even see the floor. Young will be coming off the bench as the 6th man to provide scoring with the second unit and will probably back up the SG position.

This team is getting massively underrated. Just getting rid of D'Antoni and adding Kobe is worth at least 10 wins. Still probably not a playoff team, but they will be entertaining and more competitive than haters realize. :kobe:

pretty much in agreed on all accounts. if everything goes LA's way, they can sneak into the 8 spot (7th with some wishful thinking)

the line up will look something closer to

Lin/Nash running the 2nd unit (if healthy)/ Clarkson
Kobe/X/Young
Wes/Young
Boozer/Randle/Kelly (may get more minutes that randle if development hinders him
Hill/Davis/Kelly or Boozer

star power is obviously lacking, but the team is cohesive with scorers and able-body defenders. You have your PG defender in Lin, your perimeter defender in Wes (kobe taking the less threatening perimeter defender), and two big bodies in boozer and hill. Scott will have force the idea of proper defensive rotations down their throat all through out training camp.

i believe LA also has its vet min left, or something like that. meaning they can add one last player for a somewhat cheap contract. Theres talk about getting beasley to deepen the SF spot. but another option id like to see them look at, is adding sessions (if nash cant stay healthy) to run the bench unit with X, Young, Randle, and Davis. That would be a fun 2nd unit to watch, and god knows theyll be able to run up and down that floor.

Optimus Prime
08-15-2014, 02:33 PM
pretty much in agreed on all accounts. if everything goes LA's way, they can sneak into the 8 spot (7th with some wishful thinking)

the line up will look something closer to

Lin/Nash running the 2nd unit (if healthy)/ Clarkson
Kobe/X/Young
Wes/Young
Boozer/Randle/Kelly (may get more minutes that randle if development hinders him
Hill/Davis/Kelly or Boozer

star power is obviously lacking, but the team is cohesive with scorers and able-body defenders. You have your PG defender in Lin, your perimeter defender in Wes (kobe taking the less threatening perimeter defender), and two big bodies in boozer and hill. Scott will have force the idea of proper defensive rotations down their throat all through out training camp.

i believe LA also has its vet min left, or something like that. meaning they can add one last player for a somewhat cheap contract. Theres talk about getting beasley to deepen the SF spot. but another option id like to see them look at, is adding sessions (if nash cant stay healthy) to run the bench unit with X, Young, Randle, and Davis. That would be a fun 2nd unit to watch, and god knows theyll be able to run up and down that floor.

The Lakers will be better this year, I just have a hard time seeing "making the playoffs in the West" better. But if everything breaks right, it could happen. It's not like the team is awful, just not that great, especially in the ultra-competitive West.

Maybe we can get Sessions again without trading a first round pick for him. :eek: :banghead:

I like the idea of adding Sessions because Nash is pretty much done. Beasley would be fun just from a pure entertainment point, but we are already pretty set on the wings with Kobe/Young/Johnson/Henry.

I believe a team can always offer the vet's minimum, even if they are already over the cap and tax line. It's just things like the MLE and mini-MLE that go away depending on the team's cap situation.

MVBallin2K
08-15-2014, 02:49 PM
All I'll add is that this is the same man that said that the Spurs were too old to get to the Finals again this past season...

Charles is good at analysis but needs work with his predictions at times.

riseagainst
08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
he also said kobe was top 5 all time, but then backtracked later and said he's not even a top 3 laker all time.
:roll:

Force
08-15-2014, 03:39 PM

PG nash/Lin
SG Kobe/Clarkson
SF Young/Henry/Johnson
PF Boozer/Randle/Kelly
C Hill/Davis/Sacre

LOL

Have you looked at the other teams in the conference? The Lakers have already been eliminated from the playoffs.