PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a sleep cycle?

NBAplayoffs2001
08-15-2014, 03:57 AM
I keep sleeping at 4am. Can't stand waking up so late but I can't sleep until then.:rant

fiddy
08-15-2014, 03:58 AM
yoiu need to adjust your habbits - indica, GHB, sleeping pills

Godzuki
08-15-2014, 08:22 AM
u have to get off the late night TV kick, or whatever you're doing. 4am is pretty fukkin late tho. i had this issue all thru HS, college, and after but latest was generally around 2am~ but no earlier than midnight.

focus on the first night of early sleep: wear yourself out in the day, go to bed early like 9-10pm even if you're not that tired, just sit there with your eyes closed if u have to. repeat for the week of hell of not getting much sleep. it sux but bad habits are hard to break.

thing that always happened to me and still does is where i can't sleep all night where it won't click but right as i HAVE to go whereever, or like less than a hour left knowing i can't really get a sleep in, i can feel myself falling asleep. its happened so many times its so fukked up how that works.

BigBoss
08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Melatonin. It knocks you out and resets your sleeping cycle.

BigBoss
08-15-2014, 09:53 AM
yoiu need to adjust your habbits - indica, GHB, sleeping pills

Yeah use the date rape drug on yourself :roll:

FatComputerNerd
08-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Back when I used to stay up all night playing video games the only way to get back on a normal schedule (for me) was to not sleep one night.

Let's say I sleep until noon or later due to having been up until 4 or 5 am several days in a row. I want to fix my sleep schedule, so I would probably stay up all night the following day, and tough it out the day after that as long as I can, probably going to bed at like 7 or 8 pm...effectively having been up for close to 36 hours at this point. I would probably sleep a solid 10-12 hours that night, but be able to get up early. Then start going to bed at a normal time, somewhere between 10 and midnight on a typical work-night.

Boom, back on a normal schedule.

fiddy
08-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Yeah use the date rape drug on yourself :roll:
I havent but i would. There have been studies that show that GHB improves sleep quality.

ZeN
08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Stop taking stimulants like caffeine or alcohol close to bed time. 30 min before going to sleep stop using electronic devices and take 5mg of Melatonin.

sweggeh
08-15-2014, 10:11 AM
You need to put yourself in a self induced coma. If you eventually get conscious you will be able to set a whole new sleep cycle for yourself.

chosen_one6
08-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Pull an all nighter and then the next night go to sleep at the time that you want to go to sleep.

Also, if you can afford to go camping in nature for a week that'll do it too.

DeuceWallaces
08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Take melatonin or benadryl about an hour before you want to sleep.

IamRAMBO24
08-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Pull an all nighter and then the next night go to sleep at the time that you want to go to sleep.

Also, if you can afford to go camping in nature for a week that'll do it too.

This.

Tire yourself out and sleep at the hour you want to sleep the next day.

BRabbiT
08-15-2014, 04:10 PM
focus on the first night of early sleep: wear yourself out in the day, go to bed early like 9-10pm even if you're not that tired, just sit there with your eyes closed if u have to. repeat for the week of hell of not getting much sleep. it sux but bad habits are hard to break....

works for me.

best way to control the cycle is to catch your wave. your body will tell you when it's time. you just have to pay attention to the signs.