PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Williams

Duderonomy
08-15-2014, 06:42 PM
In Paul Heyman's voice, May I remind you Derrick Williams was taken SECOND overall in the 2011 draft!!

NBAplayoffs2001
08-15-2014, 06:43 PM
In Paul Heyman's voice, May I remind you Derrick Williams was taken SECOND overall in the 2011 draft!!

I thought he would a solid 15 ppg player :facepalm

Lebron23
08-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Bust

noob cake
08-15-2014, 06:49 PM
The majority of this board were calling for him to be drafted over Irving.

Look! Athleticism, potential vs un-atheletic fatty.

Remind you of anything? Yes, Wiggins vs Parker debate.

Smook A.
08-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Call me crazy but I really thought Derrick Williams would become the player that Michael Beasley was supposed to be (A 20 ppg scorer), but obviously that didn't happen.

I'm not gonna go down on him just yet... keep in mind that he's only 23 years old.

I think the reason why he hasn't lived up to that potential is because he's been in bad situations his whole career. Down there in Minny, he played with Michael Beasley for 2 seasons. He didn't really get his chance.

Then he got traded to the Kings. Williams had some nice games with them. His only problem was consistency. He'd have streches where he'd score 12-18 ppg and then it would go downhill. It was like a roller coaster. Being in Sacramento was also bad for him, because right after they got anther SF, Rudy Gay. Williams ended up getting less touches and his minutes decreased.

04mzwach
08-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Call me crazy but I really thought Derrick Williams would become the player that Michael Beasley was supposed to be (A 20 ppg scorer), but obviously that didn't happen.

I'm not gonna go down on him just yet... keep in mind that he's only 23 years old.

I think the reason why he hasn't lived up to that potential is because he's been in bad situations his whole career. Down there in Minny, he played with Michael Beasley for 2 seasons. He didn't really get his chance.

Then he got traded to the Kings. Williams had some nice games with them. His only problem was consistency. He'd have streches where he'd score 12-18 ppg and then it would go downhill. It was like a roller coaster. Being in Sacramento was also bad for him, because right after they got anther SF, Rudy Gay. Williams ended up getting less touches and his minutes decreased.
The Wolves benched him because he sucked, not any other reason. We would have happily benched Beasley and did at times. He needs to go on the shittiest team possible and work it out.

QuebecBaller
08-15-2014, 07:44 PM

Derrick Williams
Michael Beasley
Evan Turner
Hasheem "The Dream" Thabeet

Suguru101
08-15-2014, 08:18 PM

L.A.Hawks
08-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Derrick Williams
Michael Beasley
Evan Turner

dont forget about marvin williams.

but honestly though every time derrick williams get solid minutes he give good results....i dont understand why he cant get consistent minutes anywhere.:confusedshrug:

b0bab0i
08-15-2014, 09:01 PM

but honestly though every time derrick williams get solid minutes he give good results....i dont understand why he cant get consistent minutes anywhere.:confusedshrug:
Tweener

LilEddyCurry
08-15-2014, 09:02 PM

Wow what a hater.. Derrick Williams is a tweener just like B-Easy, Marvin Williams, Anthony Bennett etc. Andrew Wiggins has great size for his position. Meanwhile Jabari Parker could be a tweener and look these busts were drafted second overall.:coleman:

Meticode
08-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Except Wiggins and Parker play the same position and are true to their position. Williams was/is a tweener. That was the main turnoff on him.

04mzwach
08-15-2014, 09:10 PM

It's no secret that Derrick Williams can look great one minute and horrible the next. One thing that he can't do is shoot when close to the rim. It's been going on a long time. You'd think that he could seeing all of those highlight reel dunks, but he's one of the worst in the league. You can't play him small minutes because he's inefficient and unreliable from long distance. He's not that great on defense anyway and yes, he is a tweener. It's hard to give him minutes if he doesn't show up. He can do a little bit of everything, he just has to do it.

IncarceratedBob
08-15-2014, 09:14 PM
He's got a nice dick

Meticode
08-15-2014, 09:15 PM
He's got a nice dick
Why do you type this?

andremiller07
08-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Things with the Kings were going well till Rudy Gay happened

JohnFreeman
08-15-2014, 10:14 PM
^^^^
I would prefer starting Williams and not having Gays contract

MC Gusto
08-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Derrick Williams
Michael Beasley
Evan Turner
4 consecutive drafts worth of #2 pick busts. :roll: :roll:

wally_world
08-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Knew he would be a bust after seeing how Beasley failed in the league. Same thing gonna happen to Bennett.

LoneyROY7
08-16-2014, 04:14 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Athleticism? Potential? You mean the Derrick Williams with a 34-inch vert?

Try harder.

It's funny b/c Wiggins legitimately has a 10 inch higher vert. :lol

JimmyMcAdocious
08-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Well what's not to like about an undersized combo forward who's not particularly good at anything other than running fast and jumping high?

At least Beasley has basketball talent.

MC Gusto
08-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Knew he would be a bust after seeing how Beasley failed in the league. Same thing gonna happen to Bennett.
All three of those guys have different skillsets though.

Beasley >>>>>> both of them in college, although I will say that Williams and Bennett are comparable. I'd go out on a limb and say that Bennett is more skilled than Williams though.

Optimus Prime
08-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Derrick Williams seemed like he had what it took to succeed or at least be a good roleplayer, but he was stuck on some bad Wolves teams. Then he got traded around and pretty much abandoned, so his confidence is shot at this point.

Cocaine80s
08-16-2014, 06:46 PM
lol he owned duke in the ncaa tournament so he got overhyped.

but even tho that was kyrie's second game back from a foot injury, still dropped like 35 on William's team :lol

Legends66NBA7
08-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Minnesota has drafted dud after dud to surround their franchise players.

RedBlackAttack
08-16-2014, 06:53 PM
All three of those guys have different skillsets though.

Beasley >>>>>> both of them in college, although I will say that Williams and Bennett are comparable. I'd go out on a limb and say that Bennett is more skilled than Williams though.
I still think Bennett is going to be a good player in this league. The guy shot close to 40% from three as a freshman at UNLV... a better percentage than Brad Beal at the same stage.

And, he's a natural PF, unlike Williams or Beasley. I don't really think he's all that similar to those two, personally. :confusedshrug: