PDA

View Full Version : forget finals records...without pippen jordan doesn't have a winning season

kennethgriffin
08-15-2014, 07:59 PM
pippen on the other hand dominated 1994 and almost won mvp while leading chicago to the same record without mj that they had with him. came 1 bad call away from probably going back to the finals and winning ( 94 rockets lost their last game against chicago and pippen had 25/12/6 against them. the game before that pippen didnt play and the bulls only lost by a few points )

then pippen came within 1 quarter of basically winning the title in 2000

till game 7 pippen was averaging 16ppg/9rpg/4apg/3spg/1bpg against LA

he was by far their most important player

then kobe stole the show and cost pippen game 7

1 bad call and 1 kobe moment cost pippen a possible 2 finals mvps and 8 nba championships.

kennethgriffin
08-15-2014, 08:05 PM
i wish guys like skip bayless knew just how good pippen was

he was the best perimeter defender in the nba for half the decade. he could guard 4 positions. he was one of the best post up players. he was the bulls leader in assists for every title. and he could nail threes/dunk from the free throw line. pretty much was a longer taller version of MJ with better defense and better play making. but sacrificed his game to please the fans. the owners. and mj himself. he didnt have to accept that role. but he did it because hes unselfish. i dont blame the guy for being bitter towards mj these days due to all the morons like skip out there who dont even think hes top 50 without MJ

and all you jordan fans avoiding this thread are too scared to admit these facts. you're all just hoping a mod locks the thread or gets rid of it all together.

Mr Feeny
08-15-2014, 08:07 PM
pippen on the other hand dominated 1994 and almost won mvp while leading chicago to the same record without mj that they had with him. came 1 bad call away from probably going back to the finals and winning ( 94 rockets lost their last game against chicago and pippen had 25/12/6 against them. the game before that pippen didnt play and the bulls only lost by a few points )

1 bad call and 1 kobe moment cost pippen a possible 2 finals mvps and 8 nba championships.

Makes sense.

Young X
08-15-2014, 08:10 PM
So wouldn't that make Pippen better than Kobe? :applause:

kennethgriffin
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
still nobody arguing the points ive made?

i'l wait

http://i59.tinypic.com/21cxu9c.jpg

hawke812
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM

How many playoff games did Jordan win without Pippen?

04mzwach
08-15-2014, 08:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tHw0b.gif

hawke812

No, Kobe won without Pippen, MJ, Shaq, and Kwame Brown.

Kobe > MJ

kennethgriffin

nope. all i said was pippen did 1000000000000000000 times more without mj than mj did without pippen

maybe if 1994 and 2000 went pippens way. then maybe yeah.

but a ref and kobe himself blocked pippen from being a top 10 player all time

Lebronxrings
bbbut 6/6

SouBeachTalents
08-15-2014, 08:14 PM
No, Kobe won without Pippen, MJ, Shaq, and Kwame Brown.

Kobe > MJ

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2431673/tropic-thunder-o.gif

JT123
08-15-2014, 08:27 PM
OP may be a troll, but even trolls are right sometimes. :applause:
Notice how not a single Jordan mythologist can even try and justify Jordan's LOSING record without Pippen. :confusedshrug:

DonDadda59
08-15-2014, 08:36 PM
So a rookie Pippen putting up 8 points per game coming off the bench gets credit for the Bulls 50 win season where Jordan won MVP, DPOY, the scoring title, steals title, etc and so on? Dem intangibles and leadership :applause:

And then you give Pippen credit for the Bulls record 'staying the same' without Jordan in '94... yet don't bring up the fact that in '95 the Bulls had a 34-31 record before he came but and then his first full season back with the team they set the NBA record with a 72-10 record and actually won the 'ship.

Also, the Bulls won 62 games in '98 when Pip was out half the season after back surgery. MJ, just like a decade earlier, won MVP, the scoring title, and finals MVP at age 35.

Hey OP... what's Bean's record without Derek Fisher? :confusedshrug:

Young X
08-15-2014, 08:37 PM
nope. all i said was pippen did 1000000000000000000 times more without mj than mj did without pippen

maybe if 1994 and 2000 went pippens way. then maybe yeah.

but a ref and kobe himself blocked pippen from being a top 10 player all timeWouldn't Pippen "doing 1000000000000 times more than MJ than vice versa" prove that Pippen was the real driving force behind those 6 rings?

If that's the case wouldn't that make him better than Kobe too since 6/6 > 5/7 and MVPs are "joke awards"?

:applause:

SouBeachTalents
08-15-2014, 08:37 PM
So a rookie Pippen putting up 8 points per game coming off the bench gets credit for the Bulls 50 win season where Jordan won MVP, DPOY, the scoring title, steals title, etc and so on? Dem intangibles and leadership :applause:

And then you give Pippen credit for the Bulls record 'staying the same' without Jordan in '94... yet don't bring up the fact that in '95 the Bulls had a 34-31 record before he came but and then his first full season back with the team they set the NBA record with a 72-10 record and actually won the 'ship.

Also, the Bulls won 62 games in '98 when Pip was out half the season after back surgery. MJ, just like a decade earlier, won MVP, the scoring title, and finals MVP at age 35.

:applause: :cheers:

b0bab0i
08-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Pippen is seriously underrated, Jordan would have maybe 1 championship if he didnt play with pippen.

mehyaM24
08-15-2014, 09:03 PM
op with a solid post. i've been parroting (lol) jordan's lack of playoff success for a while now, and jordan fans have yet to respond with anything tangible. instead, we get strawmen and red-herrings about jordan's "self assassin" and "will to survive".

and all that boils down to is 1-9 without pippen. easy there "killler" :oldlol:

JT123
08-15-2014, 09:08 PM
op with a solid post. i've been parroting (lol) jordan's lack of playoff success for a while now, and jordan fans have yet to respond with anything tangible. instead, we get strawmen and red-herrings about jordan's "self assassin" and "will to survive".

:roll: :roll: :roll: Fcking ether

SuperPippen
08-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Every great player needs help to win games. Otherwise you get situations like MJ on the late 80's Bulls. Or Kobe on the mid 2000's Lakers. Or Carmelo on the Knicks the last couple of years.

Plenty of individual brilliance, but very little in terms of team success.

Let's move on.

sekachu
08-15-2014, 11:58 PM

Why pippen couldn't lead the bulls 60 more win in 93 with MJ if he could lead the 94 bulls 55 win without MJ?

kennethgriffin
08-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Why pippen couldn't lead the bulls 60 more win in 93 with MJ if he could lead the 94 bulls 55 win without MJ?

Que?

:biggums:

KG215
08-16-2014, 12:06 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Fcking ether
Why is it, in most threads I click on in which you've posted, probably 75% of the threads have you posting something along the lines of "ether" in them?

TheMan
08-16-2014, 12:22 AM

http://s52.podbean.com/pb/a9db92f1582091be7684819175b8e6d1/53eedc6f/data1/blogs25/355900/uploads/Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

TheMan
08-16-2014, 12:25 AM

2/5

kennethgriffin
08-16-2014, 12:27 AM
http://s52.podbean.com/pb/a9db92f1582091be7684819175b8e6d1/53eedc6f/data1/blogs25/355900/uploads/Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

why is it every time i post facts. its considered trolling.

i consider trolling as a person who lies with bold faced outlandish claims in a manner that comes across as seeming as though they actually believe what they're saying. so much so that it irritates someone to the point of a total meltdown.

i and many others are fully aware of the facts presented in this thread. i'm just reiterating them to gauge public interest and inform those who would otherwise have never come across such information. i assure you i am neither lying or trolling.

good day sir

TheMan
08-16-2014, 12:35 AM
Why is it, in most threads I click on in which you've posted, probably 75% of the threads have you posting something along the lines of "ether" in them?
That's because homie is a brain dead Bran stan who can't think for himself and he's butthurt knowing LeBron will NEVER be seen as better than MJ. The cat is a straight up hater.

TheMan
08-16-2014, 12:42 AM

i consider trolling as a person who lies with bold faced outlandish claims in a manner that comes across as seeming as though they actually believe what they're saying. so much so that it irritates someone to the point of a total meltdown.

i and many others are fully aware of the facts presented in this thread. i'm just reiterating them to gauge public interest and inform those who would otherwise have never come across such information. i assure you i am neither lying or trolling.

good day sir
Simple question, do you think Pippen is the better player to MJ? A simple yes or no will suffice. Where do you have MJ ranked and where do you have Pippen ranked, none of this if this would've happened or that would've happened BS, just gimme a straight answer.

Let's see if you being legit or just trolling as usual. BTW, MJ and Shaq = 5-7 titles, easily.

Straight_Ballin
08-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Kobe didn't win shit without fisher, lebron is 2/5,
and a majority of the world declares Jordan GOAT.

Next?

sekachu
08-16-2014, 12:51 AM
OP may be a troll, but even trolls are right sometimes. :applause:
Notice how not a single Jordan mythologist can even try and justify Jordan's LOSING record without Pippen. :confusedshrug:

Is young MJ became real MJ in his early year? It nonsense for you that rookie MJ led his team won only 1 against the champ contender bucks?. What about the sophomore MJ? He basically missed the whole season in his second years and against the boston in playoff the team they eventually won the champ. If you are the coach, you would blame MJ? The third year repeated, against arguably one of the best team boston.

MJ 's mythology essentially started in 1991.

kennethgriffin
08-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Simple question, do you think Pippen is the better player to MJ? A simple yes or no will suffice. Where do you have MJ ranked and where do you have Pippen ranked, none of this if this would've happened or that would've happened BS, just gimme a straight answer.

Let's see if you being legit or just trolling as usual. BTW, MJ and Shaq = 5-7 titles, easily.

i dont think pippen is a better player than MJ

but he is more capable of playing without another hall of fame legendary sidekick

the 94 bulls didnt have any other player in the top 100 all time

Straight_Ballin
08-16-2014, 01:05 AM
i dont think pippen is a better player than MJ

but he is more capable of playing without another hall of fame legendary sidekick

the 94 bulls didnt have any other player in the top 100 all time

When you are trained by the GOAT, you can do amazing things. Jordan made pippen. No other player had the luxury of going against MJ every day in practice as much as Pippen did. That's what enabled him to do what he did in 94. At the end of the day, all the credit still goes to Jordan!

Same can't be said for Kobe or Bron. What guy left their team to be the most dominant the next season?

SouBeachTalents
08-16-2014, 01:10 AM
When you are trained by the GOAT, you can do amazing things. Jordan made pippen. No other player had the luxury of going against MJ every day in practice as much as Pippen did. That's what enabled him to do what he did in 94. At the end of the day, all the credit still goes to Jordan!

Same can't be said for Kobe or Bron. What guy left their team to be the most dominant the next season?

Shaq almost won MVP in '05

Straight_Ballin
08-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Shaq almost won MVP in '05

Almost doesn't cut it and Kobe was Shaq's pippen.

SouBeachTalents
08-16-2014, 01:15 AM

Shaq in '05 came closer to winning MVP than Pippen did in '94

kennethgriffin
08-16-2014, 01:15 AM

except in 4th quarters,game 7's or when they played sanantionio/sacramento

NZStreetBaller
08-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Jordan would never win a title without pippen. Bron will never win without Wade.
Kobe will AND DID win a championship without Shaq

sekachu
08-16-2014, 01:58 AM
Que?

:biggums:

Here is my another question. What if pippen left the bulls instead of MJ, MJ wouldn't have winning season in 94?

ImKobe
08-16-2014, 04:50 AM
Jordan doesn't have a winning season without Pippen, but Pippen has multiple winning seasons without Jordan

sounds like Jordan was the Pau Gasol of that relationship.

Dengness9
08-16-2014, 04:56 AM

Killed your thread:lol

Cali Syndicate
08-16-2014, 05:46 AM

good day sir

This nikka said facts, lol. Nothing in your op is fact. Straight up injustice is what this bs is. You do realize pippen was in his prime in 94 right? Like his absolute peak prime too. And that the Bulls just came off a 3-peat, meaning the team had a solid cast of players, unlike you know, the lottery team surrounding MJ his first few seasons and the crapcast as a Wizard.

Pippen also had Phil who did a great job at, again, building a solid team tailored for his system that seemed to apparently work pretty damn well. While on the other hand, MJ had joe shmoes trying to figure out if they're even coaching the right sport.

And then the blazers, who were already a WCF team the season before, basically exchanged Isaiah Rider for Steve Smith (upgrade), Jim Jackson for Pippen (upgrade) and Walt Williams for Detlef (upgrade). You do the math.

It's like, way to point out the obvious. It's not that serious except you trying to push your agenda like a bonafide douche.

SouBeachTalents
08-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Jordan doesn't have a winning season without Pippen, but Pippen has multiple winning seasons without Jordan

sounds like Jordan was the Pau Gasol of that relationship.

Those 6 Finals MVP's would say otherwise