PDA

View Full Version : Springy, Wet, Physical, Active and with Handles. Anthony Bennett in Summer League

JtotheIzzo
08-16-2014, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJfr3nCURW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFnA1TGiJYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7Rjjw8bGk

Comparing the above highlights with the regular season is like watching two completely different people. Granted summer league is easier, but that isn't related to the notable differences.

Completely different body
Completely different energy
hops
money jumper
active and effective handle

Minnesota committed highway robbery getting Bennett AND Wiggins, and trading him now for Thad would be a huge mistake. If he can continue his shooting, rebound and finish above the rim similar to the highlights, he will give you a decent chunk (not near the same, but more than people might initially think) of what Kevin Love brought and then you got Wiggins thrown in the mix as well.

He could very well win comeback player of the year, if they even give that to second year players?

miggyme1
08-16-2014, 10:32 AM
wet?

he got a p@ssy?

Take Your Lumps
08-16-2014, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJfr3nCURW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFnA1TGiJYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7Rjjw8bGk

Comparing the above highlights with the regular season is like watching two completely different people. Granted summer league is easier, but that isn't related to the notable differences.

Completely different body
Completely different energy
hops
money jumper
active and effective handle

Minnesota committed highway robbery getting Bennett AND Wiggins, and trading him now for Thad would be a huge mistake. If he can continue his shooting, rebound and finish above the rim similar to the highlights, he will give you a decent chunk (not near the same, but more than people might initially think) of what Kevin Love brought and then you got Wiggins thrown in the mix as well.

He could very well win comeback player of the year, if they even give that to second year players?

Let's wait to see him do that consistently against real NBA competition and we'll talk.

ralph_i_el
08-16-2014, 10:34 AM
I thin he can be good. Unlike beasly and Derrick Williams before him, Bennet actually isn't soft as ****. He may be able to survive as a tweener.

3 things will determine this:
Consistent 3 pointer
Consistent D
Consistent inside finishing

JtotheIzzo
08-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Let's wait to see him do that consistently against real NBA competition and we'll talk.

real NBA competition won't alter a new body, new energy and new hops. The handle and the jumper yes, but the other stuff will still be there, and it was absent last year.

HomieWeMajor
08-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Fat Larry Johnson with a questionable sexuality is the best we can hope for.

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:41 AM
Fat Larry Johnson with a questionable sexuality is the best we can hope for.

Kid's not fat anymore, gotta get some new material Homie, you minor.

eliteballer
08-17-2014, 04:42 AM
He does look good in summer league and it's important to remember how young he is, but what separates him from Thomas Robinson?

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:44 AM
He does look good in summer league and it's important to remember how young he is, but what separates him from Thomas Robinson?

jumpshot
handle
elevation
attitude

Inferno
08-17-2014, 04:47 AM
jumpshot
handle
elevation
attitude

IDK bout first two but bottom two :coleman:

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:49 AM
IDK bout first two but bottom two :coleman:

higher vertical and a good kid. Read Robinson's quote after his draft, dude is in love with himself, plus already shipped out of Sactown, that ain't easy to do.

Ball So Harden
08-17-2014, 04:50 AM

Robinson jumps higher.

Ball So Harden
08-17-2014, 04:51 AM
jumpshot
handle
elevation
attitude

On a couple of those dunks in the first clip he Bennett barely got the ball over the rim.

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Robinson jumps higher.

you are wrong. google will show you the truth.

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Op is the biggest cavs hater I've seen. Cleveland got the best PF in the league for an extremely raw/unproven rookie and Bennett, who had one of the worst rookie seasons for a top pick ever

moe94
08-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Op is the biggest cavs hater I've seen. Cleveland got the best PF in the league for an extremely raw/unproven rookie and Bennett, who had one of the worst rookie seasons for a top pick ever

Wiggins extremely raw and unproven yet you yap about Lavine :applause:

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Wiggins extremely raw and unproven yet you yap about Lavine :applause:
Lavine is the most nba ready rookie foh *****

poido123
08-17-2014, 05:49 AM

No he isn't.

Can jump out of the building, but his game is incredibly limited ATM.

TheMilkyBarKid
08-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Bennett looks like he could be a beast going forward. He is athletic and strong and will certainly be able to take advantage of some mismatches.
Cleveland should not have traded him I believe.

MP.Trey
08-17-2014, 06:06 AM
Honestly when I saw this live, I was convinced he was going to be a star one day.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSFi312zcKY

Best moment of his year last year besides his 19/10 game probably and it was in preseason. Still has loads of potential and Philly should give him the chance to really up his game and show what he can do. I'm excited for the kid and just think Cleveland wasn't the right fit for him.

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 06:07 AM
No he isn't.

how is it limited?

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 07:28 AM

So ready for the NBA was he that he didn't even start for his college team.

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 07:30 AM

Wrong, just calling a spade a spade. Bran engineered his return and played GM and in turned compromised Cleveland's future. He owns it now, so if it doesn't work, its on him, this is how he wanted the table set.

I wonder why Bran nut huggers are so uncomfortable with this reality? "Cleveland weak." "Kyrie not top 10" "Love not top 10", Branstans are already setting up the fail.

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Wrong, just calling a spade a spade. Bran engineered his return and played GM and in turned compromised Cleveland's future. He owns it now, so if it doesn't work, its on him, this is how he wanted the table set.

I wonder why Bran nut huggers are so uncomfortable with this reality? "Cleveland weak." "Kyrie not top 10" "Love not top 10", Branstans are already setting up the fail.
why set up for the future when they have the best player in the world whos about to turn 30? goal is to when a championship asap, not be decent for the next 10 years.

Also i think kyrie is a top 10 pg and love is one of the best PFs in the league.
Not to mention Kyrie+ Dion are only 22 and Love is 25, they will be fine 5+ years from now.

So ready for the NBA was he that he didn't even start for his college team.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AJBx8DUvhHI/UD3wZ7siBDI/AAAAAAAAAGU/Ph7JstFExwE/s1600/The+Wire+-+Bunk+Moreland+Shaking+Head.gif

DukeDelonte13
08-17-2014, 08:57 AM
i'm gonna miss AB.

He was fun to root for.

SpanishACB
08-17-2014, 10:20 AM
they will be fine 5+ years from now.

this is assuming Lebron doesn't get bored and leaves.

Love would follow

Dr.J4ever
08-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Bennet is headed to Philly.

chocolatethunder
08-17-2014, 05:02 PM
No he isn't.

Lavine is a good shooter. His handles aren't the best but he'll be playing SG in Minny so that won't be much of a concern. He handles fine for a two guard. I would hardly call him limited especially when compared to a guy like Exum who was taken before him and supposed to have loads of "potential".

FultzNationRISE
11-23-2020, 01:00 AM
OP currently posts as SATAN

"Springy, wet, physical..."

:facepalm

Doranku
11-23-2020, 08:26 AM
i'm gonna miss AB.

He was fun to root for.

What was there to root for? :oldlol: