PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving is definitely a TOP 5 PG in the league right now

LakersDaBEst
08-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Can score, create his own shot, pass, and FKEN DEFEND. This guy is killin' it out there :bowdown:

dubeta
08-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Don't buy the hype :facepalm

Dude isnt even top 10 (offense, passing, defence, intangibles)

Kingwillball
08-16-2014, 10:24 PM

Offense and Penetration he is easily top 5.. He still has to work on Defense and Passing and intangibles including leadership..

noob cake
08-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Irving is the 2nd best point guard in the league tbh. No one is better than CP3 at playing point. Irving is way more creative, efficient, and deadly than Rose, Westbrook.

Kingwillball
08-16-2014, 10:45 PM
What i do know is Cavs offense will be scary good once they get comfortable. Mike miller maybe Allen and love will have field day with Kyrie ,Lebron and waiters penetrating. Lebron and Kyrie or love and Kyrie Pick and rolls will be tough to stop..

navy
08-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Irving is the 2nd best point guard in the league tbh. No one is better than CP3 at playing point. Irving is way more creative, efficient, and deadly than Rose, Westbrook.
Curry is clearly his superior.

Warfan
08-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Uhhh....i'll judge him on how he peforms in actual NBA games. Definitely top 5 is laughable

NuggetsFan
08-16-2014, 10:52 PM

Deadly? I have no idea why people think Irving is elite. Everyone talks about Love's empty numbers but Irving in the Eastern Conference did what like 21/6 with no defense while taking a little over 17 shots a night. Rose and Westbrook would have probably averaged 27/7 on that Cleveland roster.

Irving is going to be one of the better 3rd options ever tho. Would have been interesting to see how he would have done as Cleveland's best player the next 3-4 years.

noob cake
08-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Deadly? I have no idea why people think Irving is elite. Everyone talks about Love's empty numbers but Irving in the Eastern Conference did what like 21/6 with no defense while taking a little over 17 shots a night. Rose and Westbrook would have probably averaged 27/7 on that Cleveland roster.

Irving is going to be one of the better 3rd options ever tho. Would have been interesting to see how he would have done as Cleveland's best player the next 3-4 years.

I stopped reading. Irving playing no defense is one of the biggest myth in the NBA. From an advanced stat point perspective, Irving is a more effective defender (points per possession according to synergy) than Wall AND Westbrook

navy
08-16-2014, 10:59 PM
I stopped reading. Irving playing no defense is one of the biggest myth in the NBA. From an advanced stat point perspective, Irving is a more effective defender (points per possession according to synergy) than Wall AND Westbrook
:roll:

NuggetsFan
08-16-2014, 11:00 PM

So you like using stats for defense, but don't take them into account for everything else? Irving certainly doesn't have the 2nd best numbers for a PG yet you have him as the 2nd best PG in the league :confusedshrug:

Even if I'm hating on Irving defensively, he's not even the second best offensive guard in the league.

Beastmode88
08-16-2014, 11:01 PM

Cav fan since 01 but doesn't like the best player before the decision 2.0? Sounds like someone needs a ban. :coleman:

JT123
08-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Top 5 PG, yet can't get his team to the playoffs, in the East! :biggums:
Kyrie isn't even better than John Wall.

Kingwillball
08-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Top 5 PG, yet can't get his team to the playoffs, in the East! :biggums:
Kyrie isn't even better than John Wall.

That is why Wall was cut and Irving wasn't.. :confusedshrug:

andremiller07
08-16-2014, 11:37 PM
He would not even be a top 5 PG in the West nor would he ever make the All-Star team, guys like Conley, Lawson, Dragic, Bledsoe shit on Kyrie overall imo.

Milbuck
08-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Top 10 easily...gonna hold off on calling him top 5 until we see if this new defensive intensity is for real. If he can be a good defender while continuing to develop offensively, wouldn't be surprise if he cracks the top 5. I still have CP3, Westbrook, Curry all better. Rose should be better when he shakes off all the rust..but that 5th spot is up for grabs, it's between Kyrie, Wall, Lillard, and perhaps Dragic. Parker, Bledsoe, and Rondo are in the mix as well.

Cocaine80s
08-16-2014, 11:45 PM
i have him in my top 20.

#19, just behind Jeremy Lin

Spaulding
08-17-2014, 12:09 AM
i have him in my top 20.

0/10 pretty weak

Cone
08-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Kyrie is probably the second worst defender in the league after kevin love

secund2nun
08-17-2014, 12:15 AM

Love is nowhere near the worst defender in the NBA. His rebounding alone keeps him far from it. He is a much better defender than Kyrie.

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 12:16 AM
i dont think you've even seen either of them play before

navy
08-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Kevin Love probably has the worst defensive attributes for his position though. No height, length, strength, or speed. Even if he gives full effort he's gonna get torched.

navy
08-17-2014, 12:18 AM
I wouldnt go that far. Kyrie looked solid tonight, but ive seen him some matador stuff in the regular season.

Beastmode88
08-17-2014, 12:32 AM
i have him in my top 20.

Lol are you lebronxrings or dragic? :facepalm

Young X
08-17-2014, 12:33 AM
idk about going forward, but last season how was he better than a player like Lowry? Because he was more exciting?

Wall
Dragic
Parker
Lowry
Lillard
Conley
Bledsoe

...were all just as good if not better last season.

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Lol are you lebronxrings or dragic? :facepalm
im mocking them lol

I actually like Kyrie :lol

dubeta
08-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Neither Kyrie or Love are top 10 of their positions and thats an ABSOLUTE fact.

Graviton
08-17-2014, 01:06 AM
This season is going to be fun, Lebron stans will be bashing Kyrie and Love to prop up James. We will be hearing "Kyrie/Love isn't even a Top 10 PG/PF" as soon as they have couple bad games.

I wonder how the REAL Cavs fans will respond to the presence of these rabid vermin in their game threads. Stay strong Meticode, CavsFTW, RBA, B-Low, KyrieTheFuture, Uncle Drew and all the rest. :oldlol:

T_L_P
08-17-2014, 01:12 AM

PER doe.

RedBlackAttack
08-17-2014, 01:12 AM
This season is going to be fun, Lebron stans will be bashing Kyrie and Love to prop up James. We will be hearing "Kyrie/Love isn't even a Top 10 PG/PF" as soon as they have couple bad games.

I wonder how the REAL Cavs fans will respond to the presence of these rabid vermin in their game threads. Stay strong Meticode, CavsFTW, RBA, B-Low, KyrieTheFuture, Uncle Drew and all the rest. :oldlol:
They know their role, here. I don't know why Miami fans allowed them to run all over the Heat roster, but it won't be happening on my watch with the Cavs.... that is, unless the rest of the roster somehow disappoints having nothing to do with LeBron's presence.

I don't expect that will be the case. Kyrie has looked really locked in defensively so far in the offseason and we all know his offensive game is very polished. Kevin Love is arguably the best PF in the NBA, Varejao is a perfect compliment at center, Waiters is one of the best young SGs in the league and Tristan Thompson is a very good backup big.

Then, you have all the shooters that are beginning to migrate over. The roster is coming together very nicely.

RedBlackAttack
08-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Smarten up or I'll just start deleting your posts. That's an absolute fact.

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Smarten up or I'll just start deleting your posts. That's an absolute fact.
ban him already

him and lebronxrings even piss me off :lol

RedBlackAttack
08-17-2014, 01:39 AM
ban him already

Mods can't ban. Only Jeff.

dubeta
08-17-2014, 01:41 AM
ban him already

traitor :(

Cocaine80s
08-17-2014, 01:47 AM
traitor :(
u were funny as hell

but you've taken it too far lately

:cry: goodbye old friend

Cone
08-17-2014, 02:49 AM
i dont think you've even seen either of them play before

and im sure you have. lmao

j3lademaster
08-17-2014, 03:34 AM
PER doe.Sorry, advanced stats only matter when it fits your agenda. When Lebron > player x they matter, but when we're talking Lebron's teammates it's the eye test and obviously his teammates always suck.

Donkey4trading
08-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Well duh

EricGordon23
08-17-2014, 04:12 AM
Pg's I would take over irving. I am not adding rose yet

Chris paul
Goran Dragic
Westbrook
Lillard
Parker
Curry

He's in the same tier as

Wall
Rondo
Conley

So essentially he is a top 10 point guard in my books

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:29 AM
Look at the company Kyrie keeps all time. Definite top 5, maybe top 3 and HoF career trajectory.

GUY IS A BEAST

1981 Larry Bird
1983 Julius Erving
1984 Isiah Thomas
1985 Ralph Sampson
1986 Isiah Thomas
1987 Tom Chambers
1988 Michael Jordan
1989 Karl Malone
1990 Magic Johnson
1991 Charles Barkley
1992 Magic Johnson
1993[b] John Stockton
1993[b] Karl Malone
1994 Scottie Pippen
1995 Mitch Richmond
1996 Michael Jordan
1997 Glen Rice
1998 Michael Jordan
1999 Not awarded as the game was canceled due to the league's lockout.[3]
2000[b] Shaquille O'Neal
2000[b] Tim Duncan
2001 Allen Iverson
2002 Kobe Bryant
2003 Kevin Garnett
2004 Shaquille O'Neal
2005 Allen Iverson
2006 LeBron James
2007 Kobe Bryant
2008 LeBron James)
2009[b] Kobe Bryant
2009[b] Shaquille O'Neal
2010 Dwyane Wade
2011 Kobe Bryant
2012 Kevin Durant
2013 Chris Paul
2014 Kyrie Irving

eliteballer
08-17-2014, 04:40 AM
CP3
Parker
Rose
Curry
Wall
Westbrook
Rondo

Which one of these guys is he better than?

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:43 AM
CP3
Parker
Rose
Curry
Wall
Westbrook
Rondo

Which one of these guys is he better than?

He is in this group, that is the point, he is top tier. Any year two of those guys are out, and that makes him top five. Last year there was no Rose or Rondo, Kyrie was top five.

You dig?

eliteballer
08-17-2014, 04:49 AM
He is in this group, that is the point, he is top tier. Any year two of those guys are out, and that makes him top five. Last year there was no Rose or Rondo, Kyrie was top five.

You dig?

Even with Rose and Rondo out there are 5 guys clearly better than him.

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Even with Rose and Rondo out there are 5 guys clearly better than him.

last season, whom might they be?

basically 21/6/3.5 over the last two years. What 5 PGs produced more than that?

Nowitness
08-17-2014, 04:53 AM
Anyone picking parker over kyrie :lol

parker was like his teams 5th best player. they were better wit patty mills on the floor in the playoffs.

Graviton
08-17-2014, 05:12 AM

Thing is he has never played in the playoffs, and most of his games are in the garbage Eastern Conference, and he still couldn't get them to the playoffs while guys like Wall, Lowry, Jeff Teague got in.

Now if you take both the regular and post season into account for last 2 years, the 5 guys clearly above him are Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Lilard and Parker, all of whom play in the tougher PG stacked West and have performed well in the playoffs. West even has guys like Dragic, Conley, Lawson, Bledsoe right after those 5.

qrich
08-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Tony Parker and Stephen Curry, in no order, are all superior to Kyrie. And then you have guys like Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson and Kyle Lowry who can have an argument, if not multiple, made to be considered. Let us not forget the question mark that is known as Derrick Rose as well.

nzahir
08-17-2014, 07:08 AM
:biggums:
cp3, Curry, westbrook, rose(if healthy and the same drose), parker, wall, dragic
Hes with lowry, rondo, lillard, bledsoe, conley, lawson. Arguable not top ten.

Sportal
08-17-2014, 07:17 AM

Is this literally the only case you can make for Irving? These numbers on a team that has been guaranteed lottery bound since LeBron left. Not only this, but who has been the other options for the Cavaliers? What were their numbers? How many games do they win without Irving?

Best numbers, on a team that never made the playoffs with him making these numbers, yet Top3 PG in the league?

I would take (in no order):

CP3
Westbrook
Curry
Parker
Lillard
Dragic
Lowry
Wall
(Rondo)
(Rose)

I would say he is in that same pool as:

Teague
Lawson
Conley
Bledsoe

The only real reason he made the All-Star game is because Rose and Rondo were injured. Also, Jrue Holiday had moved to the West. Could have had another stellar season.

andremiller07
08-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Is this literally the only case you can make for Irving? These numbers on a team that has been guaranteed lottery bound since LeBron left. Not only this, but who has been the other options for the Cavaliers? What were their numbers? How many games do they win without Irving?

Best numbers, on a team that never made the playoffs with him making these numbers, yet Top3 PG in the league?

I would take (in no order):

CP3
Westbrook
Curry
Parker
Lillard
Dragic
Lowry
Wall
(Rondo)
(Rose)

I would say he is in that same pool as:

Teague
Lawson
Conley
Bledsoe

The only real reason he made the All-Star game is because Rose and Rondo were injured. Also, Jrue Holiday had moved to the West. Could have had another stellar season.
Bledsoe and Conley are much better all around players he has no case over either.

imnew09
08-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Kyrie smokes Curry. better playmaker/passer. more aggressive as shown in today's game

dubeta
08-31-2014, 12:55 AM
Jeremy Lin is arguably better when you factor in defense

Damn these Lakers:eek:

BrownEye007
08-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Can't believe how many people put Lillard over Irving. I think its pretty close atm but no way is Lillard CLEARLY better than Kyrie as many of you have said.

El Gato Negro
08-31-2014, 01:48 AM
:lol most staked position in the nba, funny how many haters kyrie has tho.

Le Shaqtus
08-31-2014, 01:52 AM
:lol most staked position in the nba, funny how many haters kyrie has tho.

It only started when LeBron returned to the Cavs, now all his stans are trashing Kyrie and Love like they're mega scrubs.

El Gato Negro
08-31-2014, 02:29 AM
It only started when LeBron returned to the Cavs, now all his stans are trashing Kyrie and Love like they're mega scrubs.
Sorry uncle drew had plenty of haters way before bran was in the picture.

imnew09
09-15-2014, 03:41 AM
Agree with OP :applause:

Paul George 24
09-15-2014, 09:08 AM
top 5 pg with zero playoffs experience :wtf:

Lebron23
09-15-2014, 09:44 AM
top 5 pg with zero playoffs experience :wtf:

Well, he's gonna make his playoffs debut next season.

comerb
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Can score, create his own shot, pass, and FKEN DEFEND. This guy is killin' it out there :bowdown:

Offensively, he might crack the top 5. But he's awful defensively and always has been, and he's a mediocre passing guard

HurricaneKid
09-15-2014, 10:58 AM
DEFEND?!?? Are people serious? The Cavs were 9 points worse defensively when he was on the floor than when he wasn't (per 100 poss). He was one of the 3 worst defensive players in the NBA last year, worse than Harden even.

Now MAYBE he will put in some effort on that side of the ball this year and he leaps all the way from shameful to adequate.

But you guys are out of your damn minds if you think he is in the same galaxy as the top 5 PGs in the NBA. If your proof is that he tore up a slow white Serbian in foul trouble, you are going to need a little more evidence. Because the 8000+ possessions he played last year showed something entirely different.

Hoopz2332
09-15-2014, 11:15 AM
It only started when LeBron returned to the Cavs

100% false!!! There are numerous threads from last season stating how overrated Kyrie (kevin Love too) is. he could even get the cavs into the playoffs as a bottom feeder in the East!!! Infact, when the Cavs were in the playoffs hunt lat last season, the Cavs played better w/o Kyrie playing and as soon as he came back,the Cavs went to sh1t:lol

now all his stans are trashing Kyrie and Love like they're mega scrubs.

No, if anything the LBJ haters are starting to overhype Kyrie like he's elite when there are numerous facts stating otherwise.

Paul George 24
09-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, he's gonna make his playoffs debut next season.

then he is a proven loser :lol

TheMarkMadsen
09-15-2014, 02:16 PM
100% false!!! There are numerous threads from last season stating how overrated Kyrie (kevin Love too) is. he could even get the cavs into the playoffs as a bottom feeder in the East!!! Infact, when the Cavs were in the playoffs hunt lat last season, the Cavs played better w/o Kyrie playing and as soon as he came back,the Cavs went to sh1t:lol

No, if anything the LBJ haters are starting to overhype Kyrie like he's elite when there are numerous facts stating otherwise.

yeah this is really something new

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288626

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: