PDA

View Full Version : Kid caught smoking weed in class. LOL *vid*

J Shuttlesworth
08-17-2014, 11:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOuj8Bf9974

Love the way everyone reacts when he pulls the race card :lol

Rake2204
08-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Haha, that collective groan at the 45 second mark...

Budadiiii
08-18-2014, 12:49 AM
At least with vapes you can tuck the pen in your hoodie sleeve and be somewhat discreet.
Same can be said for Asian dinks. You can be discreet as **** with that thing, little guy. :rockon:

kentatm
08-18-2014, 01:43 AM
I think he had pot on him and went with the so shocked I'm insulted route in a last ditch attempt to guilt the teacher out of having him searched.

and :roll: at him being all indignant about being singled out when he is wearing a big ass weed shirt.

ArbitraryWater
08-18-2014, 07:41 AM
I don't get it... He talked to him because he had weed on his SHIRT, or because he saw him take it / smelled like weed?

If it was because the shirt, the teacher is a retard...

If he saw him / smelled like weed, the teacher is a retard as well because he never even brought that up anymore afterwards...

FatComputerNerd
08-18-2014, 01:41 PM
The teacher stated that he smelled weed.

People need to stop filming video vertically!

LOLCATS
08-18-2014, 01:53 PM
If the teacher smelt weed and automatically assumed it was that guy just because of his shirt then thats pretty wrong. There could definitely be some racial stereotyping involved. Of course we dont know the full story so it would be wrong to make assumptions.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 01:59 PM
The teacher bringing up things that don't matter that go know where is a waste of time. If you smell weed in the class-room and no one is out-right smoking it, there's no reason to bring it up. It's just going to veer off away from why the young adults are there in the first place. Which is to learn.

Just a big waste of time. It saddens me the first thing the young man does is play the race card. Even though the teacher is in the wrong bringing it up and singling him out, he didn't bring it up because he was black, he brought it up because you have a big ass pot leaf on your shirt. Even with something as obvious as that he still says it was because he was black.

MavsSuperFan
08-18-2014, 02:09 PM
:lol who smokes weed in class

FatComputerNerd
08-18-2014, 02:11 PM
:lol who smokes weed in class

I did. Before vaporizers, lol.

Never got caught either!

I was sort of a fvckup in HS... :(

MavsSuperFan
08-18-2014, 02:12 PM

Never got caught either!

:lol if you had got caught would you have had the balls to blame the teacher :lol

stalkerforlife
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
That nicca tripping.

Dat nicca need dat detention, doe.

kentatm
08-18-2014, 02:24 PM
The teacher bringing up things that don't matter that go know where is a waste of time. If you smell weed in the class-room and no one is out-right smoking it, there's no reason to bring it up. It's just going to veer off away from why the young adults are there in the first place. Which is to learn.

:biggums: :coleman:

Dafaq?

Dude, I am totally on board with legalization but that's just stupid.

Part of your education in school is learning to act like an adult.

This kid failed big time. He reacted like he was guilty, made a scene, and then acted as if he was being wronged in some way.

FatComputerNerd
08-18-2014, 02:32 PM
:lol if you had got caught would you have had the balls to blame the teacher :lol

I'm sure I would have tried my best to get out of it, but I don't think I'd have caused a scene like this kid did.

I certainly wouldn't have blamed the teacher for something I had done.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 02:38 PM
:biggums: :coleman:

Dafaq?

Dude, I am totally on board with legalization but that's just stupid.

Part of your education in school is learning to act like an adult.

This kid failed big time. He reacted like he was guilty, made a scene, and then acted as if he was being wronged in some way.
Then we will disagree. We don't know how that debate/argument started. The video picked up right in the middle of it. To me, the teacher should've never brought it up. He has no proof that he was the reason the smell was there. All we have to go on from the video was a pot leaf on a shirt and the student and tacher exchanging bullshit-ery. In the end all it did was stop class for however many minutes, some students felt it was a waste of their time to be there and left. And in the end what did it solve? Nothing. It just wasted people's time.

DeuceWallaces
08-18-2014, 02:43 PM
You can't stand there and have a classroom fill up with the skunk. It can be overbearing and it won't just dissipate in a few minutes. It's a ****ing classroom and people are carrying drugs who obviously aren't keen on even the slightest attempt to cover it up.

Rake2204
08-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Then we will disagree. We don't know how that debate/argument started. The video picked up right in the middle of it. To me, the teacher should've never brought it up. He has no proof that he was the reason the smell was there. All we have to go on from the video was a pot leaf on a shirt and the student and tacher exchanging bullshit-ery. In the end all it did was stop class for however many minutes, some students felt it was a waste of their time to be there and left. And in the end what did it solve? Nothing. It just wasted people's time.At the school for which I teach, being a drug-free and tobacco-free campus, if a student reeks of marijuana or otherwise suggests they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, teachers and school administrators do have the right to question them, search them, notify the authorities, and/or have them removed from school property. On top of everything else, attire with drug or alcohol references is not permitted inside the classroom.

Further, working within a small enclosed classroom, the stench of smoke can most definitely be a distraction to other students and staff. Many times, when removing students who smell like weed, it's truly more about getting rid of someone who stinks and is ruining a comfortable environment for other students. We have procedures for students who have severe body odor as well.

IamRAMBO24
08-18-2014, 03:52 PM
We have procedures for students who have severe body odor as well.

Elaborate.

Rake2204
08-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Elaborate.Ha, that one is a little more gentle. The drug procedures take place in part because weed stinks, but also because we're a drug-free campus. We're not technically a body odor-free campus, nor is body odor ever illegal, so we don't usually kick those guys out.

Instead, we have care packages that local churches or other organizations have donated to our school - with soap, deodorant, shampoo, clean clothes, etc. A lot of the students with body odor come from home environments where they either can't afford those products or they're simply not habitual purchases. So we try to hook them up.

The tricky part is getting those products to students in need without embarrassing them or singling them out. I've been a fan of just giving a bag to everyone at certain points. But if it's really bad, our secretary is pretty good at breaking the news to a kid and trying to help him/her out.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Don't worry, guys. That kid is a little Neva-Done-Nuffin-Wrong. We have to believe every word he says.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
At the school for which I teach, being a drug-free and tobacco-free campus, if a student reeks of marijuana or otherwise suggests they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, teachers and school administrators do have the right to question them, search them, notify the authorities, and/or have them removed from school property. On top of everything else, attire with drug or alcohol references is not permitted inside the classroom.

Further, working within a small enclosed classroom, the stench of smoke can most definitely be a distraction to other students and staff. Many times, when removing students who smell like weed, it's truly more about getting rid of someone who stinks and is ruining a comfortable environment for other students. We have procedures for students who have severe body odor as well.
And I'm fine with this if they have proof. From what the video shows the only proof is that he wore a shirt that has a pot leaf on it. As I said, we only know what the video shows. The teacher is making an assumption, but he didn't go up and sniff the student, so how does he know where the smell came from? Because he has a pot leaf on his shirt? A lot of assumptions.

Rake2204
08-18-2014, 04:54 PM
And I'm fine with this if they have proof. From what the video shows the only proof is that he wore a shirt that has a pot leaf on it. As I said, we only know what the video shows. The teacher is making an assumption, but he didn't go up and sniff the student, so how does he know where the smell came from? Because he has a pot leaf on his shirt? A lot of assumptions.Yeah, tough to tell in the video. There's a lot of questions. I thought I heard the educator say "I smelled it" at the beginning but it could have been out of context, or not him, or many other things. It's also tough to weigh-in without knowing their policy.

For starters, showing my ignorance, I didn't realize some schools allowed attire making clear and obvious drug references. So that alone kind of puts me out of the loop. At the schools for which I've attended and taught, the inability to wear stuff like that was a foregone conclusion (same goes for tobacco and alcohol references). So with that in mind, I guess I haven't exactly had to deal with a situation quite like that.

However, as a teacher, if I did smell weed, and it was coming from the corner of the classroom housing the student with the giant marijuana leaf on his shirt, it may lead me to investigate further, since our protocol prohibits the use of drugs or being under the influence of drugs while on campus. I wouldn't blindly kick the weed shirt student out, but again, it might be worth investigating (possibly along with other students in that area).

Still, tough to tell how that school works. Was the teacher just making a snide comment? Or did he believe there was the presence of drugs and wanted to do what he was supposed to do in that situation? He seems to just kind of settle. "I think you smell like weed and may be under the influence. The end." Then he just lets him leave after class had ended. Perhaps it was a new and unusual situation for that educator. If so, I cut him some slack. A lot of teachers don't run into those exact types of situations very frequently so it can be awkward when they pop up. Period point blank.

Jailblazers7
08-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Lame, I thought it was gonna be a video of some kid pulling out a joint and lighting it at his desk.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Never got caught either!

apparently as a joke in the early 2000s at my high school (I wasn't in the school yet), the high school prank was to put a ton of print out of pot leafs around the word "high" everywhere on campus. From what I've heard from people who are now way older with legit jobs and kids say it was the senior prank.

:lol

Meticode
08-18-2014, 10:51 PM
However, as a teacher, if I did smell weed, and it was coming from the corner of the classroom housing the student with the giant marijuana leaf on his shirt, it may lead me to investigate further, since our protocol prohibits the use of drugs or being under the influence of drugs while on campus. I wouldn't blindly kick the weed shirt student out, but again, it might be worth investigating (possibly along with other students in that area).
How would you do this? Walk past each student and see where the smell is coming from the strongest? Pull them aside individually and and talk to them to see if you can smell it on them?

DeuceWallaces
08-18-2014, 10:54 PM
You sound like you've never been around weed. You also seem to think this is the first time the teacher met that student.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 10:58 PM
You sound like you've never been around weed. You also seem to think this is the first time the teacher met that student.
My father smoked it in front of me for half my life openly. I've been around it quite a bit to the point of second-hand smoke, just not in the aspect of 1 person in a class of 15 or so people allegedly doing it. I'm just asking what procedures he would do to "investigate" it.

Rake2204
08-18-2014, 11:32 PM
How would you do this? Walk past each student and see where the smell is coming from the strongest? Pull them aside individually and and talk to them to see if you can smell it on them?It's a case-to-case basis, depending upon a number of factors. One hypothetical: oftentimes a classroom can smell normal, then once a certain student walks in, it suddenly becomes very pungent. At that point, it depends upon school protocol.

At my school, our setup allowed us to readily corroborate with fellow teachers or the principal - kind of a, "Hey, would you mind taking a trip to the corner of my room and telling me what you notice?" And if we have a particular suspicion, our principal would often ask the student to her office for a quick chat. It was usually non-confrontational and not a presumption of guilt.

That said, in our school, even reeking of weed was enough to be deemed a distraction to the work environment so if that person did end up being the source of the scent, they'd often be sent home for the day and receive a call home. If they were not the culprit, I am being honest when I say most students (not all, but most) were understanding regardless, sort of like, "Definitely not me, but I get it, I could smell it too."

Other classrooms, clearly, operate a little differently, especially those without such easy access to the principal. I had a Spanish teacher in high school who'd outright smell certain students' jackets after lunch. She was a cool teacher, but just straightforward in that regard. If she smelled weed and had an idea of who she thought it was, she'd act on it. She even smelled me once, which was laughable to my classmates, for they knew that wasn't my game; wasn't really an issue from my end.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 11:55 PM
It's a case-to-case basis, depending upon a number of factors. One hypothetical: oftentimes a classroom can smell normal, then once a certain student walks in, it suddenly becomes very pungent. At that point, it depends upon school protocol.

At my school, our setup allowed us to readily corroborate with fellow teachers or the principal - kind of a, "Hey, would you mind taking a trip to the corner of my room and telling me what you notice?" And if we have a particular suspicion, our principal would often ask the student to her office for a quick chat. It was usually non-confrontational and not a presumption of guilt.

That said, in our school, even reeking of weed was enough to be deemed a distraction to the work environment so if that person did end up being the source of the scent, they'd often be sent home for the day and receive a call home. If they were not the culprit, I am being honest when I say most students (not all, but most) were understanding regardless, sort of like, "Definitely not me, but I get it, I could smell it too."

Other classrooms, clearly, operate a little differently, especially those without such easy access to the principal. I had a Spanish teacher in high school who'd outright smell certain students' jackets after lunch. She was a cool teacher, but just straightforward in that regard. If she smelled weed and had an idea of who she thought it was, she'd act on it. She even smelled me once, which was laughable to my classmates, for they knew that wasn't my game; wasn't really an issue from my end.
Nice post, thanks. :oldlol: