PDA

View Full Version : Mamadou Ndiaye, 7'6". Can he play in the NBA?

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 07:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epU5oSz5LLE

Gonna be a sophomore this year at UC Irvine.

His freshman year he averaged 8pts 6 rebs and 3 blocks on 71% shooting, in 21 mpg.

I feel like this guy can be really good (if he stays healthy) but no one seems to be talking about him? All the attention is going to that high schooler named Taco Fall

MP.Trey
08-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Mamadou N'Diaye is retired. :facepalm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/ndiayma02.html

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 07:11 AM

hmm ...maybe this is his son

qrich
08-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Being a fan of Cal State Northridge, I've seen a lot of Mama, and from the start of the year, to the end, he has improved, day and night. His agility is spectacular for his height, though he has a lot of work left to do.

During the second game, he was shut down by THE (Tre Hale-Emerdson), who is a meager 6'9 at the Center spot. 2/3 with a block on 1-3 shooting in 21 minutes for Mama.

If he keeps improving, he'll be a solid NBA addition, though, never a star.

qrich
08-18-2014, 07:14 AM

It's a different Mamadou N;Diaye :facepalm

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Being a fan of Cal State Northridge, I've seen a lot of Mama, and from the start of the year, to the end, he has improved, day and night. His agility is spectacular for his height, though he has a lot of work left to do.

During the second game, he was shut down by THE (Tre Hale-Emerdson), who is a meager 6'9 at the Center spot. 2/3 with a block on 1-3 shooting in 21 minutes for Mama.

If he keeps improving, he'll be a solid NBA addition, though, never a star.
do you think his body can handle playing in the nba?

MP.Trey
08-18-2014, 07:19 AM
It's a different Mamadou N;Diaye :facepalm
It's a joke. :facepalm

Quite obviously a 39 year old former pro athlete isn't a sophomore in college all over again but I just found it an odd coincidence that he has the exact same name as a former NBA scrub, if they're not related. (Not like Mamadou is a very popular name, or is it?)

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 07:20 AM

Quite obviously a 39 year old former pro athlete isn't a sophomore in college all over again but I just found it an odd coincidence that he has the exact same name as a former NBA scrub, if they're not related. (Not like Mamadou is a very popular name, or is it?)
i wonder if they are both related to Ayotunde Ndiaye

qrich
08-18-2014, 07:20 AM
do you think his body can handle playing in the nba?

As of his freshman year, no. Like I said, he was outbanged by THE and Stephen Maxwell, which is a 6'9 Center and 6'7 PF.

If he bulks up and builds a bit more muscle, without a doubt.

He's already better than Pavel Podolzkin though :D

qrich
08-18-2014, 07:21 AM

I've known 2 Mamadou N;Diaye's in my lifetime, personally, so I'm assuming it is.

N;Diaye, in itself, is a pretty popular surname though, if I'm not mistaken.

AirFederer
08-18-2014, 07:23 AM
At that hight: Yes.

qrich
08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
At that hight: Yes.

Sun Ming Ming
Kenny George
Pavel Podolzkin (he played, but was a scrub)

L.Kizzle
08-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Didn't he play for the Blazers in like 2002?

Euroleague
08-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Ioannis Dimakopoulos better get more playing time this year.

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 08:18 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mddk7CwwhbY/Um9uqiX-OZI/AAAAAAAAOh0/ew3DCcen_vU/s1600/Doc-Rivers.gif

BlkMambaGOAT
08-18-2014, 08:20 AM
What 'bout Ayotunde?

MP.Trey
08-18-2014, 08:22 AM
What 'bout Ayotunde?
He sends his warmest regards.

Euroleague
08-18-2014, 08:33 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mddk7CwwhbY/Um9uqiX-OZI/AAAAAAAAOh0/ew3DCcen_vU/s1600/Doc-Rivers.gif

Dimakopoulos was voted the 3rd or 4th best center in America (I forgot which exactly) and he agreed to play at UC Irvine just like Ndiaye because they promised they would develop and use their big men, unlike so many schools now that don't.

Otherwise he would have signed at a much bigger school, considering he had offers from a lot of major programs.

They also promised he would split playing time at 20 minutes and 20 minutes with Ndiaye. Then when he got there he had some injury issue to start and then the whole year they hardly gave him much playing time. I think he only played like 10 minutes a game or something.

So yeah, he better play more. They screwed him last year. He sacrificed and trusted them and did them a favor in deciding to play there.

He also gave up money too because he had big European clubs like Barca and Panathinaikos offering him a lot of money to sign with them. And they have not allowed him to play in any of the Greek junior national teams either. So he has given up a lot to be there for them to sit him on the bench. They are severely stunting his growth and development as a player at this point.

qrich
08-18-2014, 08:43 AM

Dude is an absolute stiff. Best & Ryan will most likely get the backup minutes, while Mama and Davis start.

And no, dude wasn't being chased by any other program above the small conference level, unless you count Cal State LA and Occidental College wanting him.

Don't even try to lie about Big West players. This isn't Arkansas, it's Cali + Hawaii.

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Dimakopoulos was voted the 3rd or 4th best center in America (I forgot which exactly) and he agreed to play at UC Irvine just like Ndiaye because they promised they would develop and use their big men, unlike so many schools now that don't.

Otherwise he would have signed at a much bigger school, considering he had offers from a lot of major programs.

They also promised he would split playing time at 20 minutes and 20 minutes with Ndiaye. Then when he got there he had some injury issue to start and then the whole year they hardly gave him much playing time. I think he only played like 10 minutes a game or something.

So yeah, he better play more. They screwed him last year. He sacrificed and trusted them and did them a favor in deciding to play there.

He also gave up money too because he had big European clubs like Barca and Panathinaikos offering him a lot of money to sign with them. And they have not allowed him to play in any of the Greek junior national teams either. So he has given up a lot to be there for them to sit him on the bench. They are severely stunting his growth and development as a player at this point.
oh lol i only posted that gif because his crazy ass name :lol

qrich
08-18-2014, 08:48 AM
oh lol i only posted that gif because his crazy ass name :lol

The only parts of what he's saying that may be would be Barcelona and Panathiakos wanting him.

UC Irvine's top priority was to get a Letter of Intent from N;Diaye, and develop him to be the elite shot blocker that helps them make some noise in the NC2A, quite possibly as an At-Large bid, like Olowakandi did for Pacific about a decade and a half ago.

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 09:00 AM
The only parts of what he's saying that may be would be Barcelona and Panathiakos wanting him.

UC Irvine's top priority was to get a Letter of Intent from N;Diaye, and develop him to be the elite shot blocker that helps them make some noise in the NC2A, quite possibly as an At-Large bid, like Olowakandi did for Pacific about a decade and a half ago.
i know lol, Mamadou is the center of attention there.

Reminds me of Embiid how hes kind of goofy out there too

Look at this play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZ0k_VhhcM
Posterizes some point guard and just smacks him in the chest as he walks away smiling :lol

qrich
08-18-2014, 09:02 AM
i know lol, Mamadou is the center of attention there.

Reminds me of Embiid how hes kind of goofy out there too

Look at this play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZ0k_VhhcM
Posterizes some point guard and just smacks him in the chest as he walks away smiling :lol

Why'd you have to show him dunking on a Matador player :rant

Show him being shut down by 6'9 THE (best nickname ever?)

Cocaine80s
08-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Why'd you have to show him dunking on a Matador player :rant

Show him being shut down by 6'9 THE (best nickname ever?)
lol my bad :lol

theres not that much footage of him at UCI on youtube tho. most of it is high school

Euroleague
08-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Dude is an absolute stiff. Best & Ryan will most likely get the backup minutes, while Mama and Davis start.

And no, dude wasn't being chased by any other program above the small conference level, unless you count Cal State LA and Occidental College wanting him.

Don't even try to lie about Big West players. This isn't Arkansas, it's Cali + Hawaii.

Yeah and Donald Sterling never said anything racist to Sofo and his agent either........

That is according to YOU and your lies. YOU, a proven racist.

qrich
08-18-2014, 09:08 AM
lol my bad :lol

theres not that much footage of him at UCI on youtube tho. most of it is high school

It's the Big West, we are the least developed of all NC2A Conferences (including DII, DIII & JuCo) when it comes to technological updates for athletics.

You should see UC Irvine in the Big Dance this year, as much as it pains me to say, CSUN will drop to them in the Big West Finals :cry:

Yeah and Donald Sterling never said anything racist to Sofo and his agent either........

That is according to YOU and your lies. YOU, a proven racist.

Oh, get off your soapbox and quit making stuff up because you got exposed like the troll that you are.

Face it, no one wanted Ioannis, and was only recruited by UC Irvine due to his height and stroke, but won't get much playing time. Hell, even the biggest Anteater fans, with inside information, were shocked at the recruitment.

What that means is that NDiaye was more of a priority, no other school in DI chased him, and there was absolutely ZERO discussions of splitting playing time.

So go back to watching Vaseline Shitnoulis.

Ass Dan
08-18-2014, 10:49 AM
I thought you had to be Asian to go to UCI?

wally_world
08-18-2014, 11:01 AM
How many Ndiayes must fail in the NBA before we give up?

Collie
08-19-2014, 12:01 AM

Mamadou N'diaye is supposedly a very common name in Senegal. Heck, just Wikipedia alone gives 3 pro athletes with that name.

And check out linkedin. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Mamadou/N'Diaye. Has like 500 guys named Mamadou N'diaye

dubeta
08-19-2014, 12:16 AM
ayotunde ndiaye's cousin

oarabbus
08-19-2014, 01:14 AM

Nobody except you wants to watch a Greek scrub crap his pants playing against superior NBA players

no pun intended
08-21-2014, 03:21 AM
I also forgot Doc Rivers's last son is coming to play for UC Irvine next year. Spencer Rivers. Not as phenomenal as Austin was, but it'll be interesting nonetheless.

MiseryCityTexas
08-21-2014, 12:53 PM

Once upon a time, people actually thought he was gonna be good player.

ralph_i_el
08-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Sun Ming Ming
Kenny George
Pavel Podolzkin (he played, but was a scrub)

to be fair didn't kenny george get his foot amputated?