PDA

View Full Version : Why does the boy band formula work?

JohnnySic
08-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Why do teen/tween girls go crazy over these *bands* that are slapped together, where the guys didn't even know each other beforehand, have little or no actual talent, and dont write or produce their own music? Because they're stupid?

LOLCATS
08-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Because girls love good looking guys who are popular. Put a bunch of them together, give them catchy songs to sing and let the fans get to know them and their popularity explodes.

DCL
08-18-2014, 10:23 AM
unsolved mysteries like why do people wait in line and pay money to watch michael bay's movies? :confusedshrug:

casual_fan
08-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Who cares how long they no each ohter ? I always wanted to **** the shit out of the pussycat dolls and i couldn

jstern
08-18-2014, 10:34 AM
While for most girls in their 20s it's all about money, for girls in their teens, and their young teens it's more about little things to the equivalent of wearing a hat sideways and guys who look like they spent hours getting ready.

I remember seeing a meme or whatever it's called on my cousin's 14 year old daughter's phone, and it was like a 15 year old couple, guy that look like he could be in a boy band, with like their forehead to together, making a heart, all about life long true love. Getting married.

And I just wanted to tell her that's not reality, a guy that age is continuously thinking about ****ing the girl in every which way. He's not thinking about some true love, forever together soul mate.

I can't describe my point the way I want to, but their view is so way off on what they delude themselves into thinking the guy is like.

Having said that. It's a better mentality than say a girl in her 20s that cares more about how much the guy makes.

JohnFreeman
08-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Girls see other girls liking something, and they follow.

DukeDelonte13
08-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Howard Stern did this interview with one of the guys from LFO and it was really about that one old fat dude that put them, backstreet boys, new kids, nsync, etc. together.

It was one of the funniest thing I ever heard. I guess this "manager" guy was this closeted homo who made them all take their shirts off and examined their bodies and say all this sh*t like you might have to practice doing gay stuff with me because that's what you are going to have to do when you make it big :oldlol:

Godzuki
08-18-2014, 02:00 PM
because girls love ab's. get ab's and they'll love u too if u can figure out a way to show it off....ie. boy bands.

MavsSuperFan
08-18-2014, 02:01 PM
White teen/tween girls are attracted to that look.
Why do guys like kate upton? She has big juicy tits.
But why do guys like big juicy tits? We just do.

I assume its the same.

Also white teen/tween girls have white parents. White people tend to be better off on average in america than latinos and black americans. I think on average whites have slightly lower incomes than asians, but non-hispanic whites are 67% of the population whereas asians are like 4-5%.

This means white teen/tween girls have access to significant amounts of disposable income. A great market to try to reach.

MavsSuperFan
08-18-2014, 02:02 PM
because girls love ab's. get ab's and they'll love u too if u can figure out a way to show it off....ie. boy bands.
a lot of those guys are scrawny as ****. they look like they just spent a few weeks in a concentration camp

Nick Young
08-18-2014, 02:06 PM
a lot of those guys are scrawny as ****. they look like they just spent a few weeks in a concentration camp
Thats what lots of chicks like these days brah. The pale Twilight hipster bitch look.

Godzuki
08-18-2014, 02:12 PM

i keep thinking of that scene in Kick Ass 2 where theyre going nuts over the boy bands ab's...but i swear it seems accurate.

when i was following kpop, all of the females loved the boy bands for their ab's. i'd swear more than the music.

even saw a interview with megan fox recently jocking Ninja Assasin guy for his ab's.

the one thing females love more than anything is ab's. when they get older maybe its money but thats when they get pretty old...

generalizing obviously.

BlkMambaGOAT
08-18-2014, 02:14 PM
You got money, you got b!tches. No money, no b!tches.
http://www.jlcauvin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/anythingspossible.jpg
http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/donald-sterling-v-stiviano1.jpg?w=630&h=379
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/16/article-2342799-1A5A8370000005DC-268_634x476.jpg
http://beaconnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/sugar-daddy.png
http://www.missomnimedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/sugardaddy.jpg

Now here's a poor person:
http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/ugly2.jpg
No b!tches in sight.

32jazz
08-18-2014, 04:16 PM
A diverse(if not ethnically speaking then aesthetically ) group of guys that appeal to a wide range of girls.

Jackson 5 for example had the talented cute little kid(Michael) as lead , but probably didn't appeal to older girls. Jermaine & Jackie appealed to older girls. A little something to appeal to a cross section of girls/ages.

I guess Mark Wahlberg was the muscled bad boy (I don't know much about his group ),but I am sure they had girls who preferred other guys in this group. A little something different for each girl.

KevinNYC
08-18-2014, 04:38 PM
A diverse(if not ethnically speaking then aesthetically ) group of guys that appeal to a wide range of girls.

Jackson 5 for example had the talented cute little kid(Michael) as lead , but probably didn't appeal to older girls. Jermaine & Jackie appealed to older girls. A little something to appeal to a cross section of girls/ages.

I guess Mark Wahlberg was the muscled bad boy (I don't know much about his group ),but I am sure they had girls who preferred other guys in this group. A little something different for each girl.

It works because there's always another crop of 13 year old girls. Music + sexual attraction is a powerful combination and it's been this way since even before the bobby soxers were going crazy over Frank Sinatra.

http://img.amazine.com/resizer/sfh_600x0/we-re-band-aids/null_amazine_1369339375360_2618203154.jpg

http://play.deeps.tv/PERZxkaKSQrJz.jpg

Keith Richards said that girls who would chase the band and tear their clothes off, didn't know what to do next. They didn't know what to do with the feelings they had.

Also Mark Walhberg wasn't in a boy band that was his brother.

TheReal Kendall
08-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Teens are sheep and easily manipulated into to liking anything. Kinda like children.

Also if the media give them enough exposure then they will start liking them. Just look at all the popular stars of today

Akrazotile
08-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Teens are sheep and easily manipulated into to liking anything. Kinda like children.

Also if the media give them enough exposure then they will start liking them. Just look at all the popular stars of today

LOL

This board is perpetually gossiping about miley cyrus, justin beiber, niki minaj, kim karshian, snookie or the situations, somebody called war machine, and whatever other stars that get manufactured to keep your attention on something simple, meaningless and recyclable.

And then youre like "teenage girls are so stupid followers for liking boybands hahahaa"

ISH doe :rockon:

Godzuki
08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
LOL

This board is perpetually gossiping about miley cyrus, justin beiber, niki minaj, kim karshian, snookie or the situations, somebody called war machine, and whatever other stars that get manufactured to keep your attention on something simple, meaningless and recyclable.

And then youre like "teenage girls are so stupid followers for liking boybands hahahaa"

ISH doe :rockon:

nah its very different. teenage girls are obsessed with boy bands or teeny bopper stuff.

we just talk about that stuff here but nobody is obsessed with any of them, they're more topics of conversation, but they are topics of conversation in national headlines as well.

there isn't one person here where thats all they post, talk about, etc. like teeny bopper girls. they're fanatical. there are even females in their 20's to 30's fanatical about Beiber, boy bands, etc. usually they're fat and fugly too, seen some of the kpop girl fans and man i don't think i've seen a hot one ever...and these are like 20's to 30~ yr olds. they're always fat for some reason :confusedshrug:

ThePhantomCreep
08-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Young girls like the "handsome helpless pansy" look-- it brings out their burgeoning maternal instincts.

stax
08-19-2014, 05:47 AM
Keith Richards said that girls who would chase the band and tear their clothes off, didn't know what to do next. They didn't know what to do with the feelings they had.

There's a theory that all the screaming these girls do is partly due to fear, a subconscious fear of their own sexuality or something.

Budadiiii
08-19-2014, 06:19 AM
They make good music...

And of course it doesn't hurt to be good looking like the members of One D and Justin Bieber.

Catchy music + good looks = success

catchy music + good looks + success = infatuation

"The Best Song Ever" is quite literally, the best song ever.

Nick Young
08-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Here's why boy bands work-NOSTALGIA

Study marketing, it's a very interesting subject.

The biggest demographic that buys the most boyband tickets, merch and albums are not actually teen girls. It is 30-40 year old moms.

This is because the boys in boy bands remind them of the boy they knew growing up in highschool, that they always wanted but could never have.

Boy bands draw almost entirely on nostalgia. It is slightly pedopheliac when its moms going crazy for underaged boys, but society gives women a free pass to be pedos in this day and age for some reason.

The teenage girl market is too easy to tap in to, just put some guy on TV, have him sing and dance choreographed and they will go crazy for it. But it's the old women and MILFs who are truly driving the industry.

ThePhantomCreep
08-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Here's why boy bands work-NOSTALGIA

Study marketing, it's a very interesting subject.

The biggest demographic that buys the most boyband tickets, merch and albums are not actually teen girls. It is 30-40 year old moms.

This is because the boys in boy bands remind them of the boy they knew growing up in highschool, that they always wanted but could never have.

Boy bands draw almost entirely on nostalgia. It is slightly pedopheliac when its moms going crazy for underaged boys, but society gives women a free pass to be pedos in this day and age for some reason.

The teenage girl market is too easy to tap in to, just put some guy on TV, have him sing and dance choreographed and they will go crazy for it. But it's the old women and MILFs who are truly driving the industry.

Soccer mom's buy those items for their kids. :facepalm

riseagainst
08-19-2014, 05:27 PM
ever heard of sex-sells?

Godzuki
08-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Soccer mom's buy those items for their kids. :facepalm

there are a lot of older females into boy bands...don't forget backstreet boys and Nsync were a couple generations ago. their fans are like 30's-40's now? and they're probably still fans...

and i've seen fan gatherings of kpop fans, and a lot of them are at least in their 30's'sh, altho mostly 20's or high teens it seems.