PDA

View Full Version : Basketball is a better sport than football

rlsmooth775
08-18-2014, 08:53 PM
What's so fun about watching guys tackle each other and not score for a long period of time. The nba to me is more exciting than the nfl don't get they hype here in the U.s.

oarabbus
08-18-2014, 10:23 PM
The NFL is pretty great. But I agree basketball is better.

outbreak
08-18-2014, 10:27 PM
I much prefer basketball but actual football is far more popular world wide.

La Frescobaldi
08-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Hoops is the best sport there ever was

inclinerator
08-18-2014, 10:28 PM
the only post u got right

Meticode
08-18-2014, 10:31 PM
OP stepping out on a limb here. :lol

oarabbus
08-18-2014, 10:33 PM
What's so fun about watching guys tackle each other and not score for a long period of time. The nba to me is more exciting than the nfl don't get they hype here in the U.s.

Real talk it's because the league is majority black, and overwhelmingly the best players are as well.

Plat
08-18-2014, 10:34 PM
I agree....but the NFL is a better league than the NBA.

Budadiiii
08-18-2014, 10:36 PM
:roll:

Good joke, OP.

ABG
08-18-2014, 10:38 PM
no shit.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-18-2014, 10:40 PM
What's so fun about watching guys bounce a ball up and down and throw it through a metal ring? What's so fun about watching guys kick around a ball? What's so fun about watching guys standing around watching a guy swing a bat?

Anything can sound boring if you break it down so simplistically.

rlsmooth775
08-18-2014, 11:07 PM
What's so fun about watching guys bounce a ball up and down and throw it through a metal ring? What's so fun about watching guys kick around a ball? What's so fun about watching guys standing around watching a guy swing a bat?

Anything can sound boring if you break it down so simplistically.

Yeah but in basketball you have more scoring more highlight plays football is boring compared to basketball.

senelcoolidge
08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
This is a basketball forum so you may not have much of an argument. Men hitting each other with their bodies is not fun to me. So yeah basketball, baseball, and other sports are better.

Straight_Ballin
08-18-2014, 11:14 PM

lebron traveled.....just sayin'

TheNaturalWR
08-18-2014, 11:18 PM
I love basketball but football >>>>>

If my favorite NBA team is playing at the same time a football game is going on, I'm watching the football game even if my favorite NFL team isn't playing.

Straight_Ballin
08-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I love basketball but football >>>>>

If my favorite NBA team is playing at the same time a football game is going on, I'm watching the football game even if my favorite NFL team isn't playing.

lebron flopped

jstern
08-18-2014, 11:34 PM
I prefer basketball a lot more, but analyzing the two games I clearly see why football is more enjoyable to a larger percent of people. I completely understand it.

eliteballer
08-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Football's popular moreso because of the culture surrounding it, not the game itself.

The culture that allows fat middle aged beer guzzling middle america to believe they are a part of something with the "us vs them steeler nation baby" stuff.

Straight_Ballin
08-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Its more popular because its a better game to WATCH.
Basketball is a better game to play.

rlsmooth775
08-18-2014, 11:51 PM

Really I can find more exciting nba plays and moments than nfl. Basketball is just a much better game people have been brainwashed to like football

rlsmooth775
08-18-2014, 11:55 PM
I prefer basketball a lot more, but analyzing the two games I clearly see why football is more enjoyable to a larger percent of people. I completely understand it.

It's a boring sport

Heavincent
08-19-2014, 12:01 AM
How does more scoring make a sport better? I don't understand.

rlsmooth775
08-19-2014, 12:05 AM
How does more scoring make a sport better? I don't understand.

Because in football you can go a long time without doing anything

JohnnySic
08-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Football's popular moreso because of the culture surrounding it, not the game itself.

The culture that allows fat middle aged beer guzzling middle america to believe they are a part of something with the "us vs them steeler nation baby" stuff.
This. An excuse for fat guys to chug 20 beers and nachos. Lots of "dead time" in football allows for gorging, checking fantasy stats, etc.

Jon_Koncak
08-19-2014, 01:32 PM

A typical NFL game contains 11 whole minutes of actual play.The rest is dead time

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

such a fun game to watch :lol

Marchesk
08-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Football is a much more complex game. Some people love the strategies and plays and various positions. When you hear Xs and Os, does basketball really come to mind first?

JellyBean
08-19-2014, 05:25 PM

I agree. I can not stand football, NFL that is. College football I still like. But I do watch more NBA games than NFL games over the last 5-6 years. The NBA is more exciting and does not get as much hype as the NFL.

riseagainst
08-19-2014, 05:49 PM
football reminds me of baseball but more physical.

ralph_i_el
08-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Football is great...when they're actually playing football. Half the time its just commericals and a bunch of old assholes spouting off cliches. Unless my team is playing I couldn't give a shit about any other game. Unless its a close game at the end and they stop playing so many commercials.

Basketball is fast and has more back and forth. Plus I think basketball is more emotional and compelling because you can really see how players react and their body language.

08-19-2014, 07:00 PM
I live in France and there it is soccer that the football of France.

I get that same elitism attitude from those dumb pinko/frogz. Because soccer is so much more popular then it must be better and it must be right. More right than basketball.

I usually tell those snail eaters (those who diss on basketball) that at one point all of Europe thought the world was flat. Of course it doesn't make them right either.

Ken_Masters
08-19-2014, 07:44 PM
I hate football and the NFL. This coming from someone who grew up watching it. I now realize how overrated the sport actually is. I much prefer basketball and the NBA. I will never watch another NFL game.

secund2nun
08-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Bball is a better sport though the NFL is pathetic and I hope it dies. College football is great.

tgan3
08-19-2014, 09:20 PM
In fact basketball is the most popular sports and most played sports amongst youths.

So yeah it is a pretty damm popular sport with a global reach. Way more exciting than soccer (Which can be interesting or boring). I remembered watching the FIFA world cup finals and almost fell asleep the full time score was 0 to 0. If soccer had a higher scoring game, would be way more fun. Maybe allow offside or something?

SuperPippen
08-19-2014, 10:14 PM
As other posters have iterated, I think basketball is hands down the funnest sport to play amongst people all over the country.

I prefer watching basketball to football as well, but I don't mind football. Although it does seem that the NFL is headed down an ominous path.

strike first
08-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Half the people complaining about the NFL are probably Browns, Dolphins or Lions fans etc.. :oldlol: :oldlol:

MP.Trey
08-19-2014, 10:34 PM
A sport with constant player movement and scoring opportunities >> any sport with constant stoppages between actions and/or lack of scoring opportunities.

deja vu
08-19-2014, 10:36 PM
In fact basketball is the most popular sports and most played sports amongst youths.

So yeah it is a pretty damm popular sport with a global reach. Way more exciting than soccer (Which can be interesting or boring). I remembered watching the FIFA world cup finals and almost fell asleep the full time score was 0 to 0. If soccer had a higher scoring game, would be way more fun. Maybe allow offside or something?
Make soccer scores like 6 points for every goal and have players take a penalty after each goal (worth 1 point). I bet more Americans will love soccer after that. :lol

Ken_Masters
08-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Half the people complaining about the NFL are probably Browns, Dolphins or Lions fans etc.. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Was a Bears fan since i was a kid. They've made the Super Bowl and the playoffs quite a few times, so they weren't exactly a laughingstock. The NFL is no longer the sport it used to be. Money hungry commissioner, player criminals, concussions, unlikeable players, play stoppages, etc.

LAClipsFan33
08-19-2014, 11:14 PM
College Football is the best