PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1st Take on why players want to go the Cavs for less money

Hoopz2332
08-18-2014, 09:08 PM
and not the Lakers or Knicks

Shawn Marion Signs with the Cleveland Cavaliers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bit7UiZ6WLI

:pimp:

Meticode
08-18-2014, 09:09 PM
When I watched this, right before Stephen A. started it looked like he was preparing to diss Kobe.

niko
08-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Because the Cavs got Lebron and nothing else. Are we going to go back to this stupidity from before where Cav fans insisted it was their organization and not that Lebron liked the city?

SexSymbol
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
I mean where else would they go?
OKC won't spend any money
Lakers have a 35 YO Kobe who's health is unsure and they didn't even have a coach for majority of the summer, they also have a mess for an owner in J.Buss.
Knicks suck, they're not a destination, even the weather in NY sucks.
Miami is the same as Lakers with Wade's health.
Houston doesn't have too much money too, and it doesn't seem that anybody wants to play with Harden or Dwight.

CLE is the obvious choice, specially considering that LeBron is in his last few years of his prime and just off of 4 straight finals.

That's logic, it's not an insult to Wade or Kobe or Melo or anybody else, it just is what it is

JimmyMcAdocious
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Because Marion going to the Knicks would help them compete for an 8th seed and Marion going to the Lakers would help them stay in the lottery?

Hoopz2332
08-18-2014, 09:16 PM
When I watched this, right before Stephen A. started it looked like he was preparing to diss Kobe.

same here:oldlol: He basically said Kobe has a bad spirit/vibe but melo was as welcoming as lebron but he shoots too much for anyone to want to play with him:lol

Hoopz2332
08-18-2014, 09:18 PM
stephen a must be reading my mind when he brought up LBJ's days doing this..

I think lebron should bring this stuff back (thread I made earlier today)

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351640

:cheers:

Inferno
08-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Because the Cavs got Lebron and nothing else. Are we going to go back to this stupidity from before where Cav fans insisted it was their organization and not that Lebron liked the city?

^^^^^^^^^

Sarcastic
08-18-2014, 09:30 PM
I hope this ends the "large market advantage" myth that has been perpetrated for the past few years.

wakencdukest
08-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Kyrie, LeBron, and Love. Of course role players want to latch on to a team like that. People chasing rings are going to go to the best possible team. Pretty simple.

El Gato Negro
08-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Lakers have a 35 YO Kobe who's health is unsure and they didn't even have a coach for majority of the summer, they also have a mess for an owner in J.Buss.
Houston doesn't have too much money too, and it doesn't seem that anybody wants to play with Harden or Dwight.

CLE is the obvious choice, specially considering that LeBron is in his last few years of his prime and just off of 4 straight finals.

That's logic, it's not an insult to Wade or Kobe or Melo or anybody else, it just is what it is
This is spot on here. where else would he have went.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 10:43 PM
I hope this ends the "large market advantage" myth that has been perpetrated for the past few years.
Anyone who watched the NBA knows this is false. Spurs are prime examples and Dallas.

HOoopCityJones
08-18-2014, 10:45 PM

Thread.

TheMarkMadsen
08-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Then why did he have to go join Wades team in Miami..because Bosh didnt want to go to Cleveland..

It isn't just Lebron, obviously he's a huge part of it but the fact that they have Kevin Love AND Kyrie Irving who are two young all stars and two of the better players at their position in the entire league also plays a huge role in that.

Mgamer20o0
08-18-2014, 10:47 PM
and not the Lakers

:pimp:
because the lakers didnt want Marion....

look when the lakers were wining there were many people who signed with them for less for the chance of the ring. the lakers are not winning anything this year so why would they want to go there. this is stupid they are bandwagon players it seems many of the favor teams get them.

Meticode
08-18-2014, 10:55 PM
I wonder why he didn't consider going back to Dallas? The only got better since last year and are a sleeper in the West. Could've been

Chandler/Smith
Dirk/Marion/Wright
Parsons/Jefferson/Marion
Ellis/Harris
Felton/Nelson/Harris

dubeta
08-18-2014, 11:01 PM
People always flock to the best player in the league

Dengness9
08-18-2014, 11:02 PM
same here:oldlol: He basically said Kobe has a bad spirit/vibe but melo was as welcoming as lebron but he shoots too much for anyone to want to play with him:lol

No he didn't say it like that. He said Kobe was cool with him personally, but he's an "acquired taste". Thats not the same thing as bad spirit/vibe, that would be someone like Lance Stephenson.

And look at you D ride the Cavs

Meticode
08-18-2014, 11:07 PM
No he didn't say it like that. He said Kobe was cool with him personally, but he's an "acquired taste". Thats not the same thing as bad spirit/vibe, that would be someone like Lance Stephenson.

And look at you D ride the Cavs…… You're a "Heat fan" remember?

FRONT RUNNER.
Let's be blunt, Kobe isn't all buddy-buddy when you go to his team. Smush Parker was interviewed and talked about the shit Kobe would do with that alpha mentality on that team. :lol

Dengness9
08-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Let's be blunt, Kobe isn't all buddy-buddy when you go to his team. Smush Parker was interviewed and talked about the shit Kobe would do with that alpha mentality on that team. :lol

Nothing of what I said was my opinion. I clarified what Stephen A Smith said, but if you're going to be blunt, pass that shit homie.

Dengness9
08-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Yeah plus, Smush Parker's opinion doesn't rank very high on my ****s to give meter. But I follow.

dubeta
08-18-2014, 11:14 PM
The people that didnt like playing with Kobe: Smush Parker, Bynum, Shaq, Dwight Howard

The people that did: Pau Gasol (submissive personality that allowed Kobe to bully him) and Artest (mentally unstable)

Meticode
08-18-2014, 11:15 PM
The people that didnt like playing with Kobe: Smush Parker, Bynum, Shaq, Dwight Howard

The people that did: Pau Gasol (submissive personality that allowed Kobe to bully him) and Artest (mentally unstable)
:roll: at the Artest part.

Straight_Ballin
08-18-2014, 11:17 PM
but LBJ flops tho

MJ(Mean John)
08-18-2014, 11:36 PM
This is dumb. When KB was in his prime and earlier, did Malone, Payton, Derek Fisher, Pau, Nick young, Ron Artest (when ppl wanted him on a roster), Jamison, steve blake, steve nash, theo ratliff, Ron harper, Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Matt Barnes including many guys who did not want to leave KB that resigned for less, such as LO, Pau, etc. and many other guys came flying to LA, to play with KB when lakers were trying to win Chips.

Cmon man. KEEP IN MIND, last few years we have had Mike Brown and Mike Antoni as coaches. who the F wants to play for these guys who've burned so many bridges?

Straight_Ballin
08-18-2014, 11:42 PM

Let's blunt, that alpha mentality resulted in 5/7.
Bron's beta mentality resulted in 2/5.

As a fan, you would prefer Kobe's mentality over Bron.

dubeta
08-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Let's blunt, that alpha mentality resulted in 5/7.
Bron's beta mentality resulted in 2/5.

As a fan, you would prefer Kobe's mentality over Bron.

Kobe's 2/7 and 1/18 never forget :no:

JT123
08-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Let's blunt, riding Shaq resulted in 5/7.
Completely agree. :applause:

Droid101
08-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Kobe's 2/7 and 1/18 never forget :no:
How is this guy not banned?

Guys, did you see Jeff's post in the rules thread? He said to report blatant troll posts. Apparently he's going to start cracking down.

Please, report every dubeta/jt/dragic/livinglegend/silk/kennethg/9eremp post, asap.

dubeta
08-18-2014, 11:48 PM

Guys, did you see Jeff's post in the rules thread? He said to report blatant troll posts. Apparently he's going to start cracking down.

Please, report every dubeta/jt/dragic/livinglegend/silk/kennethg/9eremp post, asap.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/68/68d7eccc2db63b9617c81a90518cec4011e79c0470fba22def 0a2e7c86110d38.jpg

Just2McFly
08-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Anyone who watched the NBA knows this is false. Spurs are prime examples and Dallas.
Are we pretending that Dallas isnt one of the biggest cities in America?

JT123
08-18-2014, 11:49 PM

I thought we were on your ignore list fggt. :roll: :roll: :roll:
#rentfree

Meticode
08-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Are we pretending that Dallas isnt one of the biggest cities in America?
Are we going to pretend that Dallas is a basketball city? The whole f*cking state of Texas screams football loud and clear. It's not a prime market for basketball like an L.A. or a New York.

RedBlackAttack
08-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Strawman argument. I don't recall anyone ever "insisting" that the organization was solely responsible for the team getting back on the map this offseason.

In fact, all that I've ever argued -- and I think I'm one of the only ones that argued it, so I'll assume you were directing this at me -- was that the Cavaliers' organizational moves did play a role in what has happened over the last couple months. No, not saying it was the "sole" or even "primary" facilitator, although none of what is happening could have happened if they had been less patient... but I'm just saying they played a role. And, people aren't even willing to give us that much.

I don't think that LeBron James comes back to Cleveland if we don't have guys like Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao on the roster, who are either really good players, really good former teammates or really good friends (or a combination of the three), the most flexible cap sheet in the entire league and the pieces to facilitate a trade for Kevin Love.

So, you can argue that LeBron James is responsible for these free agents signing for less in Cleveland until you're blue in the face. It doesn't really diminish the overall point, which is that the Cavaliers' franchise created an atmosphere that was appealing enough for James to come back, which was the first domino in what has become a series of events.

And, the actual reason free agents are signing for less to play here is because it is looking more and more like an elite team. Guys want to play on championship teams. It also doesn't hurt that all of the free agents we've lured (Mike Miller, James Jones, Shawn Marion) will fill huge holes on the roster (shooting, wing/versatile defense), so they will not only be members of should be a very good team, but they'll likely play key roles on it.

Now, the best free agent point guards signing for less to play here? Probably not going to happen, because no high quality PGs want to sit behind Kyrie Irving for 35 minutes a night.

It's a combination of a chance to win and a chance to play a role.

kenny817
08-19-2014, 12:13 AM

Dallas is the 4th largest market in the country

Lol

Hoopz2332
08-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Nah, he said he liked Kobe pesonally but in so many words said Kobe was a d!ick personality wise:oldlol:

Hoopz2332
08-19-2014, 09:34 AM
This is dumb. When KB was in his prime and earlier, did Malone, Payton, Derek Fisher, Pau, Nick young, Ron Artest (when ppl wanted him on a roster), Jamison, steve blake, steve nash, theo ratliff, Ron harper, Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Matt Barnes including many guys who did not want to leave KB that resigned for less, such as LO, Pau, etc. and many other guys came flying to LA, to play with KB when lakers were trying to win Chips.

Cmon man. KEEP IN MIND, last few years we have had Mike Brown and Mike Antoni as coaches. who the F wants to play for these guys who've burned so many bridges?

In the post-Shaq era, no real good players have wanted to go to the lakers outside of Steve Nash. All those other players you mentioned like Malone went because of Shaq.

SexSymbol
08-19-2014, 09:47 AM
In the post-Shaq era, no real good players have wanted to go to the lakers outside of Steve Nash. All those other players you mentioned like Malone went because of Shaq.
Gasol, Artest, Nash, Howard, Barnes

wally_world
08-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Dont the Cavs have the MLE?

HurricaneKid
08-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Anyone who watched the NBA knows this is false... Dallas.

Dallas is the #5 market in the US.

NY
LA
Chicago
Philly
Dallas

Bad example. How about this: the two best players play in OKC and Cle. The best three teams are Cle, OKC and San Antonio.

Hoopz2332
08-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Gasol,

called Kobe selfish numerous times lol

Artest,

Defensive player for the most part so he didn't mind Kobe's chucking

Nash,

Only major off player I can think of that wanted and went to play with Kobe

Howard,

Howard didn't want to play for the Lakers, he wanted to go to the nets. He can't stand Kobe lol

Barnes

:coleman: scrub

kentatm
08-19-2014, 11:06 AM

:biggums:

DFW is the 5th largest TV market

Are we going to pretend that Dallas is a basketball city? The whole f*cking state of Texas screams football loud and clear. It's not a prime market for basketball like an L.A. or a New York.

New York is a baseball city first and foremost.

That doesnt mean the Knicks don't do well there just like how even though Dallas is a football city the Mavs are still very popular and always do well at the gate. IDGAF about the 90s either. That was when Ross Perot Jr was running the team into the dirt b/c he didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Nastradamus
08-19-2014, 11:51 AM
This shit is so dump. If the Knicks had traded for Love and had Melo and Love, plenty of vets would line up to sign there. The Lakers weren't going to get anyone this year, its not because people don't want to play with Kobe. They weren't a contender even with a big add and they couldn't match the 5th year that guys like Melo could get in NY. They didn't have the assets for a Love deal.

They weren't going to blow their whole load on Eric Bledose and overpaying Pau or some shit like that. Yeesh.

dreamwarrior
08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Seriously, nobody wants to play with Kobe and I understand that. They're not coming into a team where Kobe is going to be a role player putting up 15/5. Melo was blown away by Kobe's practice. He knew Kobe was still going to be the old Kobe playing at a high level, possibly MVP-caliber. As long as Kobe's the best player on the team Melo's going to have to sit back and listen. Sure, he might win 4 rings in that time span, but for the sensitive guys like Melo, Lebron, Dwight, even 4 rings isn't even worth putting up with Kobe mouthing off on you every night.

JT123
08-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Seriously, nobody wants to play with Kobe and I understand that. They're not coming into a team where Kobe is going to be a role player putting up 15/5. Melo was blown away by Kobe's practice. He knew Kobe was still going to be the old Kobe playing at a high level, possibly MVP-caliber. As long as Kobe's the best player on the team Melo's going to have to sit back and listen. Sure, he might win 4 rings in that time span, but for the sensitive guys like Melo, Lebron, Dwight, even 4 rings isn't even worth putting up with Kobe mouthing off on you every night.
:facepalm

Hoopz2332
08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LqJQTHk.jpg

Jacks3
08-19-2014, 06:28 PM
And he's still the greatest winner of his era with dem 5 rings.

:oldlol:

K Xerxes
08-19-2014, 06:31 PM

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/103113_DuncanDoubtful.jpg

Hoopz2332
08-19-2014, 06:33 PM

Duncan has 5 rings too with but with 3 finals MVp's to Kobe's 2 finals mvps. I would give Ducan the edge for player of the their era (His and kobe's era)

JUDGE WITNESS
08-19-2014, 06:49 PM
they want to win a ring with the GOAT thats why

ballinhun8
08-19-2014, 07:19 PM
they want to win a ring with the GOAT thats why

Are they going back in time to the 90s?

If so, count me in.

secund2nun
08-19-2014, 07:45 PM

Getting carried by elite front courts does that. He is a max 7th seed first round loser in his prime without those elite front courts to carry him.

Frozen1
08-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Getting carried by elite front courts does that. He is a max 7th seed first round loser in his prime without those elite front courts to carry him.

How about duncan losing fmvp to a guy who averaged 20ppg in the series?

Magic 32
08-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Nobody wanted to play with Lebron before he went to the heat.

And now because the Cavs organisation is creating a stacked team in a pathetic conference, he is the GOAT recruiter!!!!

Past prime Shaq
Past prime Marion
Past prime Ray Allen
Past prime Jamison
Past prime Miller

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

JUDGE WITNESS
08-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Are they going back in time to the 90s?

If so, count me in.
why would they do that when lebron is like 10 years old

Kingwillball
08-19-2014, 10:31 PM

And now because the Cavs organisation is creating a stacked team in a pathetic conference, he is the GOAT recruiter!!!!

Past prime Shaq
Past prime Marion
Past prime Ray Allen
Past prime Jamison
Past prime Miller

Yet Miller and Marion took way less than Market Value to play with Him..

:rolleyes:

JT123
08-19-2014, 10:34 PM

Past prime Shaq
Past prime Marion
Past prime Ray Allen
Past prime Jamison
Past prime Miller

So we gun act like prime Bosh didn't risk losing a max contract to keep playing with Lebron? :lol
On the other side, we have an injured Howard giving up 30 million in guaranteed money just to get away from Kobe. :roll:

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-19-2014, 10:39 PM

Which big name free agents went to the Lakers when Shaq was there? Malone and Payton on their last legs?

MC Gusto
08-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Then why did he have to go join Wades team in Miami..because Bosh didnt want to go to Cleveland..

It isn't just Lebron, obviously he's a huge part of it but the fact that they have Kevin Love AND Kyrie Irving who are two young all stars and two of the better players at their position in the entire league also plays a huge role in that.
Everyone respects LeBron a whole lot more in 2014 than they did in 2010. Kevin Love didn't want to go to Cleveland until LeBron came back.

Personally, I think that Bosh picked Wade over LeBron, not the Heat over the Cavs. Bosh in 2014 chose Wade again over Harden/Dwight.

shrempf_on_rice
08-19-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't blame players for not wanting to play with a past his prime superstar? Seriously it's not rocket science. Do you see any other stars flocking to play with Spurs even when Duncan took a paycut, even when they're still heavily favored to repeat? It's easy now to say that nobody wants to play for the Lakers because they're maxed at salary and can't offer much, they don't have young studs to trade, they don't have lottery picks to deal with. But I didn't see anybody complaining about free agents going or not going to the Lakers when they were winning championships.

I remember Lebron couldn't get anybody to play with him in Cleveland before he jumped ship. Let's see in a couple of years who he can recruit when he's past his prime.

DaOldLion
08-19-2014, 11:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LqJQTHk.jpg

Not a Kobe fan but you make yourself look like an idiot with that.

"I'm staying with the clippers" isn't exactly the reason Paul isn't on the lakers.

Hoopz2332
08-20-2014, 06:27 AM

Bosh wanted to play with Lebron, just not in Cleveland. From 2010

LeBron James may return to the Cavaliers, but Chris Bosh doesn’t want to go with him.

The Raptors and Cavaliers have worked out a deal that would send Bosh to Cleveland, but the power forward is not interested in playing there, according to an ESPN.com report. The Cavaliers appear the favorite to bring back their favorite son, but James has been unable to convince Bosh to join him.

The report states, “Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

“But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland. … Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey”

If James cannot convince Bosh, it’s uncertain how this would affect a potential return to the Cavaliers.

http://nypost.com/2010/07/06/report-bosh-wont-agree-to-cavaliers-sign-and-trade-ok-with-nets/

Most recent article on it

AKRON, Ohio -- The drive took about 35 minutes. Neither man in the car said a word. Everything LeBron James was feeling on that trip to the airport four years ago -- the pain, the angst, the loss, the fear -- was written on his face.

For weeks he had tried to find a way to stay, to recruit players to join him in Cleveland, so he wouldn't have to leave. Ray Allen said no. So did Chris Bosh, Trevor Ariza and Dwyane Wade. Sure, they wanted to play with him. Who wouldn't? But not in Cleveland. James was the one with a connection to the place, not them. If he wanted to win, he would have to sever those ties and go somewhere where other stars would join him.

The decision to leave his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat had been made that morning. LeBron walked around with it uncomfortably all day. He knew it would hurt people, that nothing would ever be the same for him after he did it.

Somehow he got through the final day of his annual basketball camp in Akron without confessing. By the time Damon Jones drove him to the airport, where he would fly to Connecticut and reveal his infamous decision to the world, there was a lump in his throat.

"The ride from his house to the airport is 35 minutes," said Jones, who played with LeBron from 2005 to 2008 and remained a close friend. "Neither of us said a word. It was tough. You saw it on his face, just his emotions.

"Everybody thought that the Miami decision was planned a week, two weeks prior, but it was in the last minute. He exhausted everything to try and get players to come to Cleveland and play with him. I was there for the whole week, staying in his house. He was agonizing, 'I want to win. I want to win here, but can we?'

"I don't think the fans knew that. They think he just went to Miami and that was it."

LeBron went to Miami all right. He won two titles and evolved into the best basketball player on the planet. He answered his critics with championship trophies. He married the mother of his children, and they built a life in South Florida together. But he never truly left northeastern Ohio.

All these wanted to play with lebron but they didn't like Cleveland, the AREA. With KObe,noone wants to play with him even while being in a place like LA lol.

Hoopz2332
08-20-2014, 06:29 AM
So we gun act like prime Bosh didn't risk losing a max contract to keep playing with Lebron? :lol

Exactly

On the other side, we have an injured Howard giving up 30 million in guaranteed money just to get away from Kobe. :roll:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

SexSymbol
08-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Exactly

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif
You reaction is stupid, that's not even true. There's no tax in Houston, he's getting more after everything than he would get on the Lakers

Hoopz2332
08-20-2014, 08:24 PM
You reaction is stupid, that's not even true. There's no tax in Houston, he's getting more after everything than he would get on the Lakers

[b]Steve Nash Says Dwight Howard Sulked Because He Didn

Hoopz2332
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Nash on Kobe

Steve Nash description of Kobe, "motherf**king a**hole" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352028)

:lol

secund2nun
08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Play with Lebron and you will get a lot more credit than you deserve and Lebron will take all of the blame even when he plays well...and Lebron never throws you under the bus publicly.

Play with Kobe and you get zero credit when you win even if Kobe plays like garbage and you play well...also when you lose you get all of the blame and Kobe gets no blame even if he played like crap and you played better than him.

Hmm tough decision.

kennethgriffin
08-22-2014, 07:50 PM
people go to the cavs not because melos a chucker or because kobes a mean guy

they go to the cavs for less cause the cavs have lebron/love/kyrie

if the lakers had kobe/love/kyrie and the cavs had lebron/lin/boozer.... then guys would be taking pay cuts to play in LA

if the knicks had melo/love/kyrie and the cavs had lebron/bargnani/calderon... then guys would be taking pay cuts to play in new york

espn first take is bullshit. this entire board is bullshit... nobody cares than lebron is a "fun" guy... its about ****ing winning

jesus ****ing christ

Hoopz2332
08-22-2014, 09:15 PM
people go to the cavs not because melos a chucker or because kobes a mean guy

they go to the cavs for less cause the cavs have lebron/love/kyrie

if the lakers had kobe/love/kyrie and the cavs had lebron/lin/boozer.... then guys would be taking pay cuts to play in LA

if the knicks had melo/love/kyrie and the cavs had lebron/bargnani/calderon... then guys would be taking pay cuts to play in new york

espn first take is bullshit. this entire board is bullshit... nobody cares than lebron is a "fun" guy... its about ****ing winning

jesus ****ing christ

the big bold letters tell me that

http://tahliaspeaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Hoopz2332
08-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Play with Lebron and you will get a lot more credit than you deserve and Lebron will take all of the blame even when he plays well...and Lebron never throws you under the bus publicly.

Play with Kobe and you get zero credit when you win even if Kobe plays like garbage and you play well...also when you lose you get all of the blame and Kobe gets no blame even if he played like crap and you played better than him.

Hmm tough decision.

:rockon: :applause:

ShackEelOKneel
08-23-2014, 11:51 AM

Large markets definitely help. Lakers and Knicks land elite talent here and there even when their organization appears to be in shambles. You never see the Bucks doing that. Winning cures everything, but it is much harder for a small market team to pull themselves out of the gutters.

Hoopz2332
08-25-2014, 09:59 PM
from today

Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers ILove Officially A Cavalier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSLiwfjmm4&hd=1

on that lebron power/influence @ 1:48

:bowdown:

Hoopz2332
08-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Kevin Love on Lebron/cavs:

"LeBron signed to come back, and a few hours later he called me and I said 'I'm in,'" Love said Tuesday at a news conference. "That had a lot to do with my decision."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11412997/kevin-love-introduced-cleveland-cavaliers-introductory-news-conference

:applause:

RedBlackAttack
08-26-2014, 06:58 PM

Hmm tough decision.
The whole media narrative during The Finals was that LeBron didn't have any help. There were also disrespectful (to both the Cavs and Heat) labels common on ESPN and other major media outlets like the "Miami Cavaliers."

Not saying LeBron doesn't take heat when it is warranted (ie 2010 and 2011), but to say he "takes all the blame even when playing well" .... that's a mischaracterization of the truth.

Large markets definitely help. Lakers and Knicks land elite talent here and there even when their organization appears to be in shambles. You never see the Bucks doing that. Winning cures everything, but it is much harder for a small market team to pull themselves out of the gutters.

Markets aren't even close to as important as they once were. With every game televised and in today's media culture of all the information you need just a mouse-click away whether you're in New York City or Punxsutawney, where a player chooses to spend his career is really of minor importance. It's really only vital for the people who live near the team (a relatively tiny number of the overall viewership/fanbase) or if a guy wants to get into acting during the regular season or something...

Thirty years ago, you had to be in one of the big cities to really get all of the media attention a great player deserves. It is not that way anymore. And, the fact that the two best players in the league are in Cleveland and Oklahoma City, respectively, tells you all you need to know.

JT123
08-26-2014, 07:07 PM

Hmm tough decision.
Most....accurate....post.....ever :bowdown: :cheers: