PDA

View Full Version : Was Carlos Arroyo ever saucy in the NBA?

PerfectCell
08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Forget about whether or not he could still make a NBA roster just watch this and tell me it isnt a completely different player.

Carlos Arroyo Galatasaray Highlights 2013-14
https://youtube.com/watch?v=QAAP84XQfwc

Dude was a solid backup point in the league but he always played in a controlled fundamental way with the occasional scoring outburst.

Since he's left the league he took oart of an and1tour and is also turning into Jason Williams over in europe. Turkish league is a top 5-6 league in the world so those defenses he plays against aren't shabby by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't think he's averaging anything eyepopping just the way he's playing is so much flashier.

PJR
08-20-2014, 07:14 PM
While he sucked, he played pretty steady in his stint in Miami.

Can't believe he was the starter on opening night for the Big Three era Heat. That'll be a trivia question down the line. :lol

DaSeba5
08-20-2014, 07:16 PM
He was ok for Miami. Nothing special, but he wasn't God awful. He wasn't much of a fit with the Big 3 though.

PerfectCell
08-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Yes I knew his rough stats and what kind of role he had on teams but im asking did he ever play this flashy in his NBA tenure?

Bandito
08-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Yes I knew his rough stats and what kind of role he had on teams but im asking did he ever play this flashy in his NBA tenure?
No he didn't. He didn't have permission to do so. But he was able to do that since way before he came to the NBA. When he went to Europe his playmaking skills became actually good but his athleticism is not good enough for the NBA anymore so he couldn't get on a team.

Rooster
08-20-2014, 07:45 PM
No he didn't. He didn't have permission to do so. But he was able to do that since way before he came to the NBA. When he went to Europe his playmaking skills became actually good but his athleticism is not good enough for the NBA anymore so he couldn't get on a team.

Athleticism is luxury in the Euroleague. Arroyo is still a top 10 player in that minor league. He made that team Galatasaray relevant going down in quarter finals just like what Michael Jordan Farmar did with Efes.:oldlol:

Bandito
08-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Athleticism is luxury in the Euroleague. Arroyo is still a top 10 player in that minor league. He made that team Galatasaray relevant going down in quarter finals just like what Michael Jordan Farmar did with Efes.:oldlol:
But not athletic enough for the NbA though. He has great fundamentals and is a good reason why he shines in that league. He could be a good bench player in the NBA for a team that plays slow pace and he has the green light to do what he wants with the ball...

3ball
08-20-2014, 09:15 PM
no.. none of these guys do... remember rafer alston, aka "skip to my lou"... by watching him in the NBA, you would never know that he had a sick and1-type handle.

For pretty much everyone in the NBA, the comp is too tough for them to do their normal thing that they'd do in a pickup game or against comp they can dominate.

Also, all these PG's can dunk super-crazy, even carlos.

PerfectCell
08-20-2014, 10:12 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/4527c6f762835c67aec195dbf4cd78c2/tumblr_n9t384wiJM1qdlh1io1_500.gif

TheNaturalWR
08-20-2014, 11:14 PM
While he sucked, he played pretty steady in his stint in Miami.

Can't believe he was the starter on opening night for the Big Three era Heat. That'll be a trivia question down the line. :lol

Eh he wasn't that bad. Was good for 2-3 open mid range jumpers a game. :lol

Rake2204
08-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Carlos always seemed timid during his time in Detroit. It's interesting to see how a player's role and approach can alter depending upon his situation. To see Arroyo blowing up the spot at the U.S.A. in the Olympics versus him overthinking most of his decisions while backing up Chauncey, it was virtually two different players.

no.. none of these guys do... remember rafer alston, aka "skip to my lou"... by watching him in the NBA, you would never know that he had a sick and1-type handle.When I was younger, I read SLAM magazine a lot and Rafer was on the cover once, when he was at Fresno, so I kind of became a hipster fan of his back in the 90's. I remember when he made the league and was an end-of-bench staple in Milwaukee. I used to watch the end of their blowouts specifically to see if Rafer might get in and show off a little magic. I watched this one live, it's about as close as it ever got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgZp38dF9B0

raprap
08-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Carlos Arroyo on the Jazz was nice

kkb_12
08-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Is that the same guy who has beaten USA with Lebron, Wade, Melo, Duncan and Iverson ?

3ball
08-21-2014, 01:06 AM
that's right... that was him... punking wade and those boys..

http://latinosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/carlos_arroyo.jpg

also, that is actually arroyo singing in op's video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ANsHIguNwk

solid imo.. :D

JohnMax
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM
USA vs Puerto Rico

Madison Square Garden
New York, NY
7 p.m., ESPN2

stalkerforlife
08-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Lots of players, including Arroyo, could play in the NBA.

Some guys have been black balled for unknown reasons.

HylianNightmare
08-22-2014, 11:06 PM
That video was pretty much him throwing lobs

3ball
08-22-2014, 11:56 PM
c-lo always threw the best lobs