PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Love option 2, option 3, or option 1b?

oarabbus
08-22-2014, 12:33 AM
You can tell Bron loves having a 1b/1c. That isn't a knock on his game, if anything it's a testament to his incredible passing ability, BBIQ, and ability to draw multiple defenders.

We'll see what Love is truly made of this season, but the guy puts up retard stats, there is no denying that. He is putting up near Barkley numbers.

navy
08-22-2014, 12:36 AM
Lebron is clearly number 1.

Kevin Love is to be determined. He is a better scorer than Kyrie, but Kyrie has the ability to create, which Love lacks. I wouldnt be surprised if Kyrie shoots more than he does.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-22-2014, 12:38 AM
LeBron = LeBron
Kyrie playing the Wade role.
Love playing the Bosh role.

Prometheus
08-22-2014, 12:46 AM
LeBron = LeBron
Kyrie playing the Wade role.
Love playing the Bosh role.

Life must be simple for guys like you.

Le Shaqtus
08-22-2014, 12:46 AM

Kevin Love is to be determined. He is a better scorer than Kyrie, but Kyrie has the ability to create, which Love lacks. I wouldnt be surprised if Kyrie shoots more than he does.

Kyrie only averaged 1.5 ish more assists than Love this season, Love's passing is pretty underrated.

raprap
08-22-2014, 01:01 AM
Kyrie only averaged 1.5 ish more assists than Love this season, Love's passing is pretty underrated.
I think he meant by "create" is the ability to get his own shot off alone.

JellyBean
08-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Love will be the 3rd option.

J Shuttlesworth
08-22-2014, 01:14 AM
They just live it one drive thru order at a time

moe94
08-22-2014, 01:15 AM
They just live it one drive thru order at a time

Fvck you, son. I'm going to BK right now. :coleman:

JimmyMcAdocious
08-22-2014, 01:43 AM

Yep. I just wake up in the morning, take a dump, have my mom make me bologna sandwich, post on ISH, take a nap, eat another bologna sandwich, *********e, shower, eat another bologna sandwich, post on ISH, then go asleep.

Rinse and repeat. You're struggling for rent; I'm eating bologna sandwiches.

G-train
08-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Yep. I just wake up in the morning, take a dump, have my mom make me bologna sandwich, post on ISH, take a nap, eat another bologna sandwich, *********e, shower, eat another bologna sandwich, post on ISH, then go asleep.

Rinse and repeat. You're struggling for rent; I'm eating bologna sandwiches.

what on earth is a bologna sandwich? spaghetti bolognese between bread?
you americans are crazy.

G-train
08-22-2014, 01:52 AM
Love will be option 3.

MastaKilla
08-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Love and Lebron will have a similar FGA per game this season.

BoutPractice
08-22-2014, 05:26 AM
It might be that Kevin Love is the third option, but the second best player on the team.

hahaitme
08-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Doesn't really matter, love plays off the ball. What will be interesting to see where Kyrie sits

Dragic4Life
08-22-2014, 05:35 AM
How about supporting cast?

The hierarchy of team is clearly:

Lebron James

Kyrie Irving
Anderson Varejao

Kevin Love
The rest...

El Gato Negro
08-22-2014, 06:13 AM
I agree with dosnt matter, but watching bran and love run pick and roll together is going to be fun.

Dragic4Life
08-22-2014, 06:18 AM
I agree with dosnt matter, but watching bran and love run pick and roll together is going to be fun.
Sure.

But watching Love let his man get by him just so he has a chance of a rebound will be frustrating. Same as having Love intentionally miss his layups to get offensive boards.

Bigsmoke
08-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Love is gonna be the 2nd option. Kyrie is the inferior player than Love so why would the coach draw more plays for Kyrie?

pauk
08-22-2014, 03:52 PM
It totally depends on how they will mesh, how they will change/approach the offense to complement eachothers games. I think there will be a bit of chemistry problems at first, if nothing changes as it is then Love with Lebron wont be a problem at all (they complement eachother games very well)..... but i mean the duo of Lebron/Kyrie worries me as they both are really perimeter players who like to dominate the ball/playmake and we all know who will win that battle, Kyrie might turn more into a spotup shooter... he is no Wade exactly, who will cut & catch alleyoops etc, but is a great shooter, better than Wade is, so this will be great for the team success, but maybe not for Kyrie's individual stats/offensive freedom..... which is a more likely scenario, sure Kyrie wont have the offensive freedom he once had, but how badly do you want to win?

It will be Lebron & then Love/Kyrie.... i think Lebron will take the command and knowing his offensive tendencies/mindset i would say it will not be a problem, he is unselfish, he will create for you or dish to you if you are open and definitely keep feeding you the ball if you have it going/are on fire.... so i mean i think there will be games where Love or Kyrie will score/shoot more than Lebron, be options #1... i think they will be happy as long as they win!

Meticode
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
I think Love will end up option two. Irving will have to play second fiddle on handling the ball. I don't really care as long as they're winning.

Nash
08-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Scoring:
1.Lebron
2.Love
3.Irving

But, dude won't be that involved. Kyrie will obviously have the ball in his hands most of the time with Lebron. Love will be playing off the ball and probably stand on the 3 point line like Bosh did last season.

riseagainst
08-22-2014, 04:35 PM
How about supporting cast?

The hierarchy of team is clearly:

Lebron James

Kyrie Irving
Anderson Varejao

Kevin Love
The rest...

:roll:

boozehound
08-22-2014, 04:38 PM
this shit is so dumb. a good offense creates good looks. Options are entirely secondary. This isnt a qb making reads down the field. Each offensive set has different possibly outcomes.

kennethgriffin
08-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Love = 19ppg/14rpg
Kyrie =20ppg/7apg
Lebron =24ppg/6rpg/6apg

oarabbus
08-22-2014, 05:59 PM
this shit is so dumb. a good offense creates good looks. Options are entirely secondary. This isnt a qb making reads down the field. Each offensive set has different possibly outcomes.

Not everyone is the Spurs. It matters in terms of team chemistry for a star-constructed team.

dreamwarrior
08-22-2014, 06:03 PM
I think Love will actually be option 1 as he'll play PF and Lebron will go back to SF. If you have a PF capable of being option 1 you should give it to him.

oarabbus
08-22-2014, 06:12 PM
I think Love will actually be option 1 as he'll play PF and Lebron will go back to SF. If you have a PF capable of being option 1 you should give it to him.

Not... when you have the best player in the world on that same team, not at the PF spot...

La Frescobaldi
08-22-2014, 08:41 PM

Love is a Power Forward. They aren't there to create, that's a guard's job, or a swingman. The correct offense for an elite 4 or 5 rotates around that player, rolling the ball around and through until the 5 gets his man pinned or until their position is just too brutal.

Nobody should ever expect them to create, they are the infinity definition of black hole.

Ball goes to them, ball goes in, both teams run the other way or line up for free throws.

That said, you give him the ball deep and Kevin Love is one of the greatest creators from the low post that I've seen in 20 years, or since Barkley got old. He doesn't even flinch from triple teams, just scores remorselessly.

La Frescobaldi
08-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Not everyone is the Spurs. It matters in terms of team chemistry for a star-constructed team.

If the Cavs can build teamwork like San Antonio has they'll be very dangerous.