PDA

View Full Version : Who you got? Wizards Jordan or Post Achilles Kobe?

MJ(Mean John)
08-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Simple. Who would you take?

38 yr old MJ

or

36 yr old KB Post Achilles Tear.

MP.Trey
08-22-2014, 03:38 PM
I'll take the one we've actually seen play...

riseagainst
08-22-2014, 03:39 PM
we havent even seen a post achilles Kobe.

but if kobe can put up better than 21-6-5 on 43%FG, then i'll say Kobe wins this.

kennethgriffin
08-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Wizards mj didnt even make 3rd team all nba either year... kobe will be 1st or 2nd team more than likely

HylianNightmare
08-22-2014, 03:58 PM
We can't judge kobe on the handful of games last year

BIZARRO
08-22-2014, 04:05 PM
we havent even seen a post achilles Kobe.

but if kobe can put up better than 21-6-5 on 43%FG, then i'll say Kobe wins this.

MJ was averaging almost 25-6-5 on 43% before he got hurt his first Wizards year. With a 50pt, and 4 40pt games. Add his more tenacious defense, and just plain better efficiency, Kobe's gonna have to do a lot better than that.

MJ was serious ballin' the first 2/3 of his first Wiz year before he got hurt.

riseagainst
08-22-2014, 04:06 PM
MJ was averaging almost 25-6-5 on 43% before he got hurt his first Wizards year. With a 50pt, and 4 40pt games. Add his more tenacious defense, and just plain better efficiency, Kobe's gonna have to do a lot better than that.

fair enough. MJ is GOAT, what you expect.

Beastmode88
08-22-2014, 04:17 PM
MJ was still putting up decent numbers / game winners while Kobe was getting dominated.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif

Milbuck
08-22-2014, 04:20 PM

He was terrific for his age...but his efficiency wasn't great, neither was his defense. He put up 25/6/5/2/1 which is incredible for the age, but he shot 42/18/79 or 47% TS, which is pretty abysmal.

Not saying Kobe is gonna be better than Wiz MJ, in fact I don't think he will, just saying it won't be that difficult to match him as long as he's healthy.

kennethgriffin
08-22-2014, 04:23 PM

Lol wait.. so now its become "before jordan got hurt VS after kobe got hurt"

If we're playing the "before" game then its kobes 27ppg, 6rpg, 5apg on 46%...

Its about mileage. Not age. Especially when every few years jordan takes a vacation

Kobe in his 17th season was twice the player jordan was in his 14th and 15th seasons

Wizards mj missed the playoffs both years in the wack ass east

He couldnt even make 3rd team all nba either year. Or get voted into the 03 allstar game cause nobody liked him

SamuraiSWISH
08-22-2014, 04:36 PM
He was terrific for his age...but his efficiency wasn't great, neither was his defense. He put up 25/6/5/2/1 which is incredible for the age, but he shot 42/18/79 or 47% TS, which is pretty abysmal.
Actually, MJ prior to that knee injury at 38 - 39 years old in the 2002 season was performing as well or better than 23 year old 2002 Kobe. Their numbers are near identical.

And Jordan's defense was not near as bad as you're making it out to sound. He obviously didn't have the youth to be as versatile or intense as he was prior but it was still solid.

Milbuck
08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Actually, MJ prior to that knee injury at 38 - 39 years old in the 2002 season was performing as well or better than 23 year old 2002 Kobe. Their numbers are near identical.

And Jordan's defense was not near as bad as you're making it out to sound. He obviously didn't have the youth to be as versatile or intense as he was prior but it was still solid.
No he wasn't.. I just put out the numbers, in the 2001-02 season before the injury he shot 42/18/79 from the field, or 47% TS. Kobe in 2001-02 put up 25/6/6/2 on 54% TS with great defense, back when Kobe was a great defender. And that was a down year for Kobe as well between his 2001 and 2003 seasons which were on another level. So I guess on the surface the production numbers look identical..but Kobe was a better defender and substantially more efficient, as ironic as that sounds.

kennethgriffin
08-22-2014, 04:53 PM

You cant possibly be this stupid

2002 kobe was a 1st team all nba. 1st team all defense. Nba champion. Averaging 35 on prime duncan spurs. Raping him without home court advantage. And outperforming shaq in game 7 of the wcf ( the real nba finals )...

You think jordan .. some non 3rd team all nba player was on par with kobe cause of a few good games? Gtfo you punk ass bitch *******

Beastmode88
08-22-2014, 04:54 PM
You cant possibly be this stupid

2002 kobe was a 1st team all nba. 1st team all defense. Nba champion. Averaging 35 on prime duncan spurs. Raping him without home court advantage. And outperforming shaq in game 7 of the wcf ( the real nba finals )...

You think jordan .. some non 3rd team all nba player was on par with kobe cause of a few good games? Gtfo you punk ass bitch *******

DAMNNNN SOMEONES JIMMIES ARE GETTING RUSTLED.

kennethgriffin
08-22-2014, 04:58 PM
DAMNNNN SOMEONES JIMMIES ARE GETTING RUSTLED.

What a man cant swear? Ur the one in all caps :oldlol:

Big#50
08-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Lol wait.. so now its become "before jordan got hurt VS after kobe got hurt"

If we're playing the "before" game then its kobes 27ppg, 6rpg, 5apg on 46%...

Its about mileage. Not age. Especially when every few years jordan takes a vacation

Kobe in his 17th season was twice the player jordan was in his 14th and 15th seasons

Wizards mj missed the playoffs both years in the wack ass east

He couldnt even make 3rd team all nba either year. Or get voted into the 03 allstar game cause nobody liked him
It is about mileage not age...
:bowdown:
Your stupidity is amazing.

Big#50
08-22-2014, 05:04 PM

No. Jordan was a step slow by this time. I still think he was doing well because players were in awe of him. He was basically everyones idol. You cant show up your idol. Players were giving him too much respect. He looked done to me. Then again I saw Jordan in his prime kill everyone. So he was still pretty good just not what I was used to.

Myth
08-22-2014, 05:05 PM
It is about mileage not age...
:bowdown:
Your stupidity is amazing.

Then why isn't Jamario Moon still playing?

Big#50
08-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Then why isn't Jamario Moon still playing?
Huh

Myth
08-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Huh

Well, Jamario, who entered the league at age 27, didn't have much mileage, so why did he decline so fast?

My point is, mileage AND age have to be considered. Otherwise, people could retire for a couple years, come back, and not miss a beat once they get the rust off.

Edit: I see I should have been calling out kenneth, not you. I now see you were pointing out how stupid his logic was.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-22-2014, 05:36 PM

No they weren't. Kobe's playmaking and defense were miles better. MILES.

Big#50
08-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Well, Jamario, who entered the league at age 27, didn't have much mileage, so why did he decline so fast?

My point is, mileage AND age have to be considered. Otherwise, people could retire for a couple years, come back, and not miss a beat once they get the rust off.

Edit: I see I should have been calling out kenneth, not you. I now see you were pointing out how stupid his logic was.
Yeah. You got it.

Big#50
08-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Some players were in awe, of course. Some definitely went at him and his throne: Pierce, McGrady, VC, Kobe, and Artest. MJ considering being near twice their age, off 3 years of retirement as well often times gave them the business.

We're going to shrug off how well he was playing, especially on non back to backs to people simply being in awe of him? That's ridiculous.

Players had been either in awe or fear of him for the vast majority of his entire career. He was mean, cut throat, skilled, extremely athletic ... could, and WOULD embarrass you.

TS aside. The stupid made up FG% stat used to pad certain players "efficiency" ... because you know it makes so much to include non guarded, open attempts at the free throw line, that are given by referees to a player not necessarily for an offensive move in all cases, then combine that shooting percentage with ACTUAL guarded field goal attempts.

Brilliant.

Kobe shot like 46% at 23 years old on fresh legs, with Shaq as the primary distraction for defenders against MJ's 42% on 39 year old legs as the primary focus and best offensive player on his team. Using actual context? That's more impressive.

26/6/5 on 42% @ 38 / 39 years old
w/ rookie Rip Hamilton

v.s.

25/5/5 on 46% (better defense) @ 23 years old
as sidekick to PRIME Shaquille O'Neal

?

He wasn't called Floor Jordan for nothing. Was he prime / peak Jordan? No. He wasn't even as good as Fadeaway Jordan from '96 - '98. But he definitely seemed more ruthless and out to prove himself on an individual level.

But he wasn't near as bad of a defender as being made out to be in this thread, or as near inefficient offensively. When he was able to get rest between games, he was amazing. And he didn't even take off games or back to backs the way a much younger Wade has done the past sevaral years.
He looked done to me. Like I said "I am used to prime MJ."

Smoke117
08-22-2014, 06:34 PM

LMFAO...classic SamuriaSWISH bullshit. You are a such a clown.

dreamwarrior
08-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Jordan was still playing at goat-level before his injury. Post injury he completely changed his game. No more drives to the basket but his jump shots were not falling like they used to. It took him a lot of shots to get 20ppg and he wasn't passing it to anybody. Kobe we've seen him rack up assists whenever his shot wasn't falling so if it ends up that Kobe can't hit those mid range jumpers anymore we'll likely see him become a playmaker. Basically I think Kobe's going to adjust much better than Jordan. Even if he doesn't put up 20ppg he's going to find a way to contribute.

SamuraiSWISH
08-22-2014, 06:36 PM
LMFAO...classic SamuriaSWISH bullshit. You are a such a clown.
You stay on my dick tho?

:confusedshrug:

Iceman#44
08-22-2014, 08:03 PM
People. ..MJ at 39 with Wizards was an Mvp candidate before the all-star break. Before the injury you know

BIZARRO
08-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Statistically they were producing the same, apart from FG%. Which the primary difference for that being attributed to age.

Oh, and a guy named Shaquille O'Neal being the primary internal focus of the defense. I'm sure MJ could shoot 4% better with a guy like Shaq making perimeter defenders sag.

It's already acknolwedged a man 16 years younger was better defender. Playmaking? Meh. Sure, but in terms of a comparison it doesn't matter. Triangle offense, prime Shaquille O'Neal, defending champion roster? He should be better than playing with rookie Rip Hamilton, Tyrone Nesby, Jahidi White, etc.

I'm not saying 39 year old Jordan is better than 23 year old Kobe. I'm saying on the stat sheet, they were producing roughly the same. And prior to his knee injury, they were. It's factual.

Swish is absolutely right. I remember watching it clear as day. People would compare Jordan to Kobe back then, and we were all like , well 39 yr. old Mike maybe going by their stats that year. Statistically it was almost a dead heat for sure. Was actually planning on bringing this point up earlier today but didn't have time.

Mike was ballin' the first 2/3 of that Wiz comeback year.

andgar923
08-22-2014, 10:06 PM
I'll take Wiz MJ over anyone except prime Kobe, prime Bron and prime wade.

And only in their primes.

chazzy
08-22-2014, 10:42 PM

Of course you would

andgar923
08-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Of course you would
Of course I would because he was still better than everybody else not in their prime.

Only prime Kobe comes close to footwork and post game.
Only prime rip Hamilton comes close to off the ball movement.
Only Nash has his IQ and timing.
He was as clutch as anybody I mentioned in their primes.
Nobody is as crafty playing today (not even Kobe)
Still a better rebounder than anyone I mentioned.
Tougher than any star of this era in every way.

The stats are highly misleading.

People want to make excuses for injured stars all the time, or use it to prop up their fav players.

So not only was MJ old as dirt, playing a position that requires him to be very mobile and active, he was playing with multiple injuries that would've diminished every player's performance/efficiency.

But even then, he still had to carry the team's load. He wasnt simply a role player. He was the opposition's primary concern on both ends.

He didn't take plays off on defense like Kobe and Wade do.

So yeah his stars look low. But take them in context. I'd still take him over the players I mentioned except for their primes.

Give wizards MJ Shaq, and they win hands down.
Give him Gasol, Odom, Bynum and he's stilll reaching finals... may even win.
Put him in 2-5 Heat, and they win at least 3-5.

More help = less wear and tear + more rest= higher efficiency

SamuraiSWISH
08-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Of course I would because he was still better than everybody else not in their prime.

Only prime Kobe comes close to footwork and post game.
Only prime rip Hamilton comes close to off the ball movement.
Only Nash has his IQ and timing.
He was as clutch as anybody I mentioned in their primes.
Nobody is as crafty playing today (not even Kobe)
Still a better rebounder than anyone I mentioned.
Tougher than any star of this era in every way.

The stats are highly misleading.

People want to make excuses for injured stars all the time, or use it to prop up their fav players.

So not only was MJ old as dirt, playing a position that requires him to be very mobile and active, he was playing with multiple injuries that would've diminished every player's performance/efficiency.

But even then, he still had to carry the team's load. He wasnt simply a role player. He was the opposition's primary concern on both ends.

He didn't take plays off on defense like Kobe and Wade do.

So yeah his stars look low. But take them in context. I'd still take him over the players I mentioned except for their primes.

Give wizards MJ Shaq, and they win hands down.
Give him Gasol, Odom, Bynum and he's stilll reaching finals... may even win.
Put him in 2-5 Heat, and they win at least 3-5.

More help = less wear and tear + more rest= higher efficiency
:applause:

kennethgriffin
08-23-2014, 12:35 AM
http://www.nba.com/news/all_nba_team_020501.html

2001-02 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

Position Player Team 1st Team Votes Points
Forward Tim Duncan San Antonio 124 626
Forward/Guard Tracy McGrady Orlando 80 513
Center Shaquille O'Neal L.A. Lakers 125 626
Guard Jason Kidd New Jersey 115 601
Guard Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers 72 507

2001-02 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Forward Kevin Garnett Minnesota 31 391
Forward Chris Webber Sacramento 21 339
Center/Forward Dirk Nowitzki Dallas 22 358
Guard Gary Payton Seattle 11 284
Guard Allen Iverson Philadelphia 12 272

2001-02 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

Forward/Center Ben Wallace Detroit 3 195
Forward/Center Jermaine O’Neal Indiana - 78
Center Dikembe Mutombo Philadelphia - 105
Guard Paul Pierce Boston 9 230
Guard Steve Nash Dallas 1 96

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Predrag Stojakovic, Sacramento, 55; Vlade Divac, Sacramento, 51; Jerry Stackhouse, Detroit, 46 (1); Karl Malone, Utah, 41 (1); Andre Miller, Cleveland, 32; Elton Brand, L.A. Clippers, 29 (1); Michael Jordan, Washington, 29; Antoine Walker, Boston, 28; Alonzo Mourning, Miami, 25; Baron Davis, Charlotte, 24; Rasheed Wallace, Portland, 15; Ray Allen, Milwaukee, 13; John Stockton, Utah, 11 (1); Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Atlanta, 5; Michael Finley, Dallas, 5; Steve Francis, Houston, 5; Mike Bibby, Sacramento, 4; Pau Gasol, Memphis, 4; Raef LaFrentz, Dallas, 4; Shawn Marion, Phoenix, 4; David Robinson, San Antonio, 4; Vince Carter, Toronto, 3; Antonio Davis, Toronto, 3; Clifford Robinson, Detroit, 3; Rashard Lewis, Seattle, 2; Michael Olowokandi, L.A. Clippers, 2; Elden Campbell, Charlotte, 1; Sam Cassell, Milwaukee, 1; Reggie Miller, Indiana, 1; Cuttino Mobley, Houston, 1; Wally Sczcerbiak, Minnesota, 1.

2002 wizards jordan = not one single 1st team all nba vote. not even from a washington or chicago stan

only 29 voting points. finishing behind 3 forwards who didnt even make 3rd team all nba = Peja Stojakovic, Karl Malone, and elton brand

http://www.nba.com/news/allnba_030506.html

2002-03 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

Position Player, Team (1st Team Votes) Points
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio (120) 603
Forward Kevin Garnett, Minnesota (115) 596
Center Shaquille O’Neal, L.A. Lakers (112) 593
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (118) 599
Guard Tracy McGrady, Orlando (107) 578

2002-03 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (5) 360
Forward Chris Webber, Sacramento (1) 310
Center Ben Wallace, Detroit (5) 307
Guard Jason Kidd, New Jersey (16) 355
Guard Allen Iverson, Philadelphia (8) 350

2002-03 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

Forward Paul Pierce, Boston 91
Forward Jamal Mashburn, New Orleans 63
Center/Forward Jermaine O’Neal, Indiana (2) 165
Guard Stephon Marbury, Phoenix (1) 141
Guard Steve Nash, Dallas 85

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Yao Ming, Houston, 55; Karl Malone, Utah, 33; Shawn Marion, Phoenix, 28; Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cleveland, 25; Vlade Divac, Sacramento, 23; Steve Francis, Houston, 18; Ray Allen, Seattle, 15; Gary Payton, Milwaukee, 14; Rasheed Wallace, Portland, 14; Allan Houston, New York, 10; Brad Miller, Indiana, 8; David Robinson, San Antonio, 8; Pau Gasol, Memphis, 8; Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento, 8; Michael Jordan, Washington, 7; Antoine Walker, Boston, 3; Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix, 2; Antawn Jamison, Golden State, 2; Elton Brand, L.A. Clippers, 2; Theo Ratliff, Atlanta, 2; Brian Grant, Miami, 2; Jalen Rose, Chicago, 1; Jamaal Magloire, New Orleans, 1; John Stockton, Utah, 1; Michael Finley, Dallas, 1; Mike Bibby, Sacramento, 1; Tony Parker, San Antonio, 1; Wally Szczerbiak, Minnesota, 1.

2003 wizards jordan = only 7 points, finishing behind forwards who didnt even make 3rd team - karl malone, shawn marion, rasheed wallace, pau gasol, peja stojakovic

wizards Jordan is the most overrated player of all time

dude couldnt even make the playoffs in the EAST either year

2002 estern confrence 8th seed = 42-40 record

washington was 37-45

2003 eastern confrence 8th seed = again 42-40 record

washington was again - 37-45

jordan fans need to shut the **** up

moe94
08-23-2014, 12:59 AM

:biggums:

3ball
08-23-2014, 01:15 AM
[url]
jordan fans need to shut the **** up
The Wizards won 18 more games in 2002 with Jordan than they won the year before without Jordan (from 19 wins to 37 wins).

Did you expect Jordan to take a 19-win team to the playoffs the very next season as a 39 year-old??

And yet he almost did it... before his knees went out.... at the 48 game mark into the 2002 season, the Wizards were the 4-seed, they were 5 games over .500, and starting PF Popeye Jones was saying the Wizards were going to the Finals.

This graphic was displayed during game 40 against the Phoenix Suns, where MJ had 41 points, all on a prime Shawn Marion...

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_still_got_it_72637f275be02cacc7c4218fd0f7f3 1b.gif

Can Kobe do 25ppg, 6 and 5 like MJ did?... HIGHLY doubt it..

Angel Face
08-23-2014, 01:31 AM
Post achilles injury Kobe stats, little sample of 6 games;

13.8 ppg 6.3apg 4.3rpg 1.2spg 0.2bpg 3.0tov .425fg .188fg3pt

We'll see what Kobe can do this coming season. Wizards MJ was dropping 50, 40, 30 point games at old age. I'll pick Wizards MJ over most players too, even James Harden. Wizards MJ was smart and knows all the tricks, that's why even on his athletic decline, he is still effective and a threat offensively and defensively.

Smoke117
08-23-2014, 01:40 AM
The Wizards won 18 more games in 2002 with Jordan than they won the year before without Jordan (from 19 wins to 37 wins).

Did you expect Jordan to take a 19-win team to the playoffs the very next season as a 39 year-old??

And yet he almost did it... before his knees went out.... at the 48 game mark into the 2002 season, the Wizards were the 4-seed, they were 5 games over .500, and starting PF Popeye Jones was saying the Wizards were going to the Finals.

This graphic was displayed during game 40 against the Phoenix Suns, where MJ had 41 points, all on a prime Shawn Marion...

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_still_got_it_72637f275be02cacc7c4218fd0f7f3 1b.gif

Man, shut up. Jordan was averaging 22.9 ppg on 22.1 shots in 2002...that's Antoine Walker at his worst efficiency. In 03 he was averaging 20ppg on 18.6 shot attempts...which is still crap. He should have never come back...and he certainly shouldn't have been taking 18.5-22 shots a game.

Round Mound
08-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Lets see if Kobe can do this at ages 38-39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJprZGr5XI

masonanddixon
08-23-2014, 02:40 AM
Jordan.

Your body is basically worthless after a torn Achilles.

3ball
08-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Lets see if Kobe can do this at ages 38-39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJprZGr5XI

goat chase-down off two-legs at 39.

two-foot takeoffs are harder when you are in your early thirties and after, let alone late 30's.. :rockon:

3ball
08-23-2014, 02:59 AM
Man, shut up. Jordan was averaging 22.9 ppg on 22.1 shots in 2002...that's Antoine Walker at his worst efficiency. In 03 he was averaging 20ppg on 18.6 shot attempts...which is still crap. He should have never come back...and he certainly shouldn't have been taking 18.5-22 shots a game.
a 40-year old Jordan had a slightly higher TS (49.1%) than rookie Lebron James (48.8%).

but so what... nobody got on Lebron for shooting that because he was a rookie, just like you shouldn't be getting on Jordan for shooting that when he's 40.

both guys still put up great numbers as a rookie and as a 40 year-old, respectively.

of course, Jordan's numbers as a 40-year old were better in everything - Total Win Shares, WS/48, PER, TS, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, Defensive Win Share, Offensive Win Share (OWS is a very telling stat - basically, Jordan's offense at 40 had a greater advantage over the offense of his peers in 2003, than Lebron's offense did over the offense of his peers in 2004 (so against the exact same comp, Jordan's offense was better).

i agree that Jordan shouldn't have come back because even though his career numbers including the Wizards years are still the best ever, Jordan's numbers just as a Bull blow everyone's away.

kennethgriffin
08-23-2014, 03:15 AM

michael jordan didnt average 25ppg, 6reb, and 5apg

jordan in 2002 averaged

22.9ppg, 5.7rpg, 5.2apg

jordan in 2003 averaged

20.0ppg, 6.1rpg, 3.8apg

that gif of jordans averages is as of january 24th

http://i58.tinypic.com/m7dwd4.png

all these games were yet to have been played

41 Sat, Jan 26, 2002 8:00p EST Box Score Phoenix Suns W 112 102 21 20 W 2
42 Tue, Jan 29, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Detroit Pistons L 86 89 21 21 L 1
43 Thu, Jan 31, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Cleveland Cavaliers W 93 92 22 21 W 1
44 Fri, Feb 1, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Atlanta Hawks W 97 90 23 21 W 2
45 Sun, Feb 3, 2002 12:00p EST Box Score Indiana Pacers W 109 89 24 21 W 3
46 Tue, Feb 5, 2002 8:00p EST Box Score Toronto Raptors W 99 94 25 21 W 4
47 Thu, Feb 7, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Sacramento Kings W 108 101 26 21 W 5
48 Tue, Feb 12, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Los Angeles Lakers L 94 103 26 22 L 1
49 Thu, Feb 14, 2002 6:00p EST Box Score @ Sacramento Kings L 93 109 26 23 L 2
50 Fri, Feb 15, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Phoenix Suns W 97 96 27 23 W 1
51 Mon, Feb 18, 2002 1:00p EST Box Score Houston Rockets L 89 102 27 24 L 1
52 Wed, Feb 20, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Detroit Pistons L 90 97 27 25 L 2
53 Thu, Feb 21, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score New Jersey Nets L 82 93 27 26 L 3
54 Sat, Feb 23, 2002 8:00p EST Box Score Miami Heat L 95 97 27 27 L 4
55 Sun, Feb 24, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Miami Heat L 80 92 27 28 L 5
56 Wed, Feb 27, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Portland Trail Blazers L 101 105 27 29 L 6
57 Fri, Mar 1, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Chicago Bulls L 81 90 27 30 L 7
58 Sun, Mar 3, 2002 6:00p EST Box Score Orlando Magic W OT 107 102 28 30 W 1
59 Tue, Mar 5, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Chicago Bulls W 115 90 29 30 W 2
60 Thu, Mar 7, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Detroit Pistons L 92 95 29 31 L 1
G Date Opponent Tm Opp W L Streak Notes
61 Fri, Mar 8, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Orlando Magic L 96 99 29 32 L 2
62 Sun, Mar 10, 2002 3:00p EST Box Score @ Boston Celtics L 91 98 29 33 L 3
63 Mon, Mar 11, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Boston Celtics L 99 104 29 34 L 4
64 Wed, Mar 13, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Los Angeles Clippers L 75 96 29 35 L 5
65 Fri, Mar 15, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Seattle SuperSonics W 103 98 30 35 W 1
66 Sat, Mar 16, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Portland Trail Blazers L 80 95 30 36 L 1
67 Mon, Mar 18, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Golden State Warriors W 99 96 31 36 W 1
68 Wed, Mar 20, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Denver Nuggets W 107 75 32 36 W 2
69 Thu, Mar 21, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Utah Jazz L 79 94 32 37 L 1
70 Sun, Mar 24, 2002 12:00p EST Box Score @ Toronto Raptors L 91 92 32 38 L 2
71 Tue, Mar 26, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Denver Nuggets W 103 87 33 38 W 1
72 Fri, Mar 29, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Milwaukee Bucks W 107 98 34 38 W 2
73 Sun, Mar 31, 2002 3:00p EST Box Score Dallas Mavericks L 103 110 34 39 L 1
74 Tue, Apr 2, 2002 8:00p EST Box Score Los Angeles Lakers L 93 113 34 40 L 2
75 Wed, Apr 3, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Milwaukee Bucks L 90 105 34 41 L 3
76 Fri, Apr 5, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ Charlotte Hornets L 91 97 34 42 L 4
77 Sat, Apr 6, 2002 8:00p EST Box Score Memphis Grizzlies W 88 85 35 42 W 1
78 Tue, Apr 9, 2002 7:30p EST Box Score @ New Jersey Nets L 88 101 35 43 L 1
79 Wed, Apr 10, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score Philadelphia 76ers W 90 77 36 43 W 1
80 Fri, Apr 12, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score @ Philadelphia 76ers L 91 100 36 44 L 1
G Date Opponent Tm Opp W L Streak Notes
81 Sun, Apr 14, 2002 1:00p EST Box Score Indiana Pacers L 80 86 36 45 L 2
82 Tue, Apr 16, 2002 7:00p EST Box Score New York Knicks W 116 112 37 45 W 1

if a kobe fan could cut out 3 full months of basketball from 2003, 2006 and 2007... kobes average would go up 10ppg considering he had multiple months of 40+ppg those seasons

stop making shit up

SamuraiSWISH
08-23-2014, 03:16 AM
Your body is basically worthless after a torn Achilles.
Apart from 1993 Dominique Wilkins. Correct.

i agree that Jordan shouldn't have come back because even though his career numbers including the Wizards years are still the best ever, Jordan's numbers just as a Bull blow everyone's away.
Seriously. Plus that story book ending. No wonder the haters call it "mythology" his story, his game, his career narrative was factually MYTHIC.

Even though he showed flashes of excitement in his Wizards stint, I regretted him coming back and seeing him in that hideous blue uniform. Oh well, at least he went out on his own terms. Guns blazing, no bullets left in the chamber. All heart even when his body was failing him ... it's a testament to his true competitiveness that he still felt the compulsive need to prove himself.

Even when going against a crop of young talent half his age who had the potential to embarrass him nightly. That takes hearts, that takes balls. Even Wizard MJ was ALPHA AF

:pimp:

kennethgriffin
08-23-2014, 03:23 AM
using jordan stan logic... kobe averaged 41ppg the entire season in 2006

http://i61.tinypic.com/noam51.png

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

3ball
08-23-2014, 03:28 AM
michael jordan didnt average 25ppg, 6reb, and 5apg

jordan in 2002 averaged

22.9ppg, 5.7rpg, 5.2apg

jordan in 2003 averaged

20.0ppg, 6.1rpg, 3.8apg

that gif of jordans averages is as of january 24th

http://i58.tinypic.com/m7dwd4.png

all these games were yet to have been played

if a kobe fan could cut out 3 full months of basketball from 2003, 2006 and 2007... kobes average would go up 10ppg considering he had multiple months of 40+ppg those seasons

stop making shit up

it's funny because your post and mine say the exact same thing..

you didn't read my post so you missed the part about me saying that those stats were from 40 games in, and I even posted a GIF of the actual game itself that displayed Jordan's stats.

so our posts say the exact same thing, except that last part about if a kobe fan could cut out 3 full months - that isn't the topic.. the topic is whether kobe can play that well this UPCOMING season.

The_Pharcyde
08-23-2014, 03:33 AM
using jordan stan logic... kobe averaged 41ppg the entire season in 2006

http://i61.tinypic.com/noam51.png

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
you realize how funny it is, that it is friday night and you are on a bball forum throwing together long ass posts discrediting MJ, you are obsessed with this man

kennethgriffin
08-23-2014, 04:03 AM
you realize how funny it is, that it is friday night and you are on a bball forum throwing together long ass posts discrediting MJ, you are obsessed with this man

i work fridays. get off at 6pm. don't have the energy to do anything. satuday is when i have all my super cool friends over for drinks and video games. and or a girl or 2 thrown in the mix and we either watch them twerk or we hit up the local pub. this week is pizza/games night with the boys. last week was poker and i won big. you should come over sometime and join the super terrific happy house friend

:cheers:

see ya tomorrow

Mr Feeny
08-23-2014, 04:44 AM
i work fridays. get off at 6pm. don't have the energy to do anything. satuday is when i have all my super cool friends over for drinks and video games. and or a girl or 2 thrown in the mix and we either watch them twerk or we hit up the local pub. this week is pizza/games night with the boys. last week was poker and i won big. you should come over sometime and join the super terrific happy house friend

see ya tomorrow

Who are you kidding Mr Griffen. You dont have any girls:coleman:

JT123
08-23-2014, 04:53 AM
People need to stop saying we haven't seen post Achilles Kobe, because we have. He looked pretty bad in those 6 games he played last season. I mean 14 ppg? Really? :roll:
And I don't wanna hear anything about him being rusty either, as Jordan came back at an older age after not playing for 3 years, yet never looked as washed up as Kobe did last season.

dr.hee
08-23-2014, 05:29 AM

see ya tomorrow

Dat insecurity :roll:

andgar923
08-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Post achilles injury Kobe stats, little sample of 6 games;

13.8 ppg 6.3apg 4.3rpg 1.2spg 0.2bpg 3.0tov .425fg .188fg3pt

B... bu... but... but....

As we can see, some injuries affect you differently. And as one ages injuries affect one greater.

MJ was not just old, he was playing with various injuries that would've sidelined most players, even in their prime.

To be honest, that's a very small sample size. But I would highly doubt those numbers would jump. Matter of fact, his body will probably react negatively and over compensate thus creating other injuries.

But on the other hand, Kobe is playing in an era with advanced medicine and training that will allow him to prolong his career and allow him to heal and recover.

People are forgetting that MJ shouldn't have come back so soon after his multiple injuries. That's also something that slowed him down.

Warfan
08-23-2014, 09:00 AM
B... bu... but... but....

As we can see, some injuries affect you differently. And as one ages injuries affect one greater.

MJ was not just old, he was playing with various injuries that would've sidelined most players, even in their prime.

To be honest, that's a very small sample size. But I would highly doubt those numbers would jump. Matter of fact, his body will probably react negatively and over compensate thus creating other injuries.

But on the other hand, Kobe is playing in an era with advanced medicine and training that will allow him to prolong his career and allow him to heal and recover.

People are forgetting that MJ shouldn't have come back so soon after his multiple injuries. That's also something that slowed him down.

Kobe was actually looking good for a few games in that stretch. He was making Tony Allen, one of the best perimeter defenders in the league look like a fool in the game he got hurt. And he had 2 a nice games against Charlotte and Phoenix as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj5RhCTufy0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_vqH1DhuFs

He'll have the green light and his skills alone will most likely allow him to get 20+ a night. I'd be surprised if he didnt. And he was playing less than 30mpg during those 6 games too...

Iceman#44
08-23-2014, 10:05 AM
From USA TODAY - 2002/02/08

Jordan flying high at All-Star break

By David DuPree, USA TODAY

Skeptics said he wouldn't play at all. Then they said he wouldn't last to the All-Star Game. Then it was that he wouldn't be effective, and his team wouldn't win.

Well, Michael Jordan has done it all again.

As the NBA heads into Sunday's All-Star Game in Philadelphia, Jordan is the talk of the league. He'll start in the game; he's among the league's top-10 scorers; he has missed just one game; he's still hitting game-winning shots and he has the Washington Wizards in the middle of the playoff race.

"He's Michael Jordan. I don't know why anyone expected anything different," says New Jersey's Jason Kidd, who along with Jordan is a leading candidate for league MVP.

The Wizards, winners of 19 games last season and in the playoffs once in the last 14 seasons, have won five in a row — the longest streak of any team going into the break. They've won seven more games than they did all of last season and sit in the sixth playoff spot in the balanced Eastern Conference.

"I could use the rest, obviously" says Jordan, who is playing 36.8 minutes a game and averaging 25.1 points. "But when the fans vote you in, it's a responsibility of upholding and living up to what they expect."

Shaquille O'Neal and Vince Carter will not play in the game. O'Neal pulled out with an arthritic big toe. He was replaced on the roster by Elton Brand, but Western Conference coach Don Nelson will name O'Neal's replacement in the starting lineup. Vince Carter reaggravated his left quadriceps Thursday against San Antonio. He missed five games last season with a similar injury and will remain in Toronto for treatment. A replacement for Carter will be named Friday.

Leading candidate for MVP on february 8, at 39 years old! GOAT GONNA GOAT
:applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dragic4Life
08-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Wizards MJ.

Dragonyeuw
08-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Wizards mj didnt even make 3rd team all nba either year... kobe will be 1st or 2nd team more than likely

The second comment about Kobe possibly making all nba team next year at 36 coming off a major injury, says more about the state of the shooting guard position in 2014. As for wizards MJ not making all nba team, considering Kobe, tmac, vince, AI,ray allen, kidd, were all close to prime or coming into their prime, it wouldnt say much for them if a 40 year old took one of their spots, would it?