PDA

View Full Version : How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

$LakerGold
08-22-2014, 03:50 PM
I tipped $5 on my first 5 pizza/food deliveries. The first guy looked so happy, but then there's this guy from my last order, he spoke to me like he was mad at the world or something -- that F* IRRITATING TONE.

So, title says it all. :pimp:

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 03:53 PM
I pretty much never order delivery pizza anymore but when I used to I would usually try to do 20%, which is around $4 for a $20 order

stalkerforlife
08-22-2014, 03:54 PM
3-7 dollars for a 20 dollar bill.

I've delivered pizzas before and I know it can be a bitch. I delivered one way out in the boondocks and these rednecks stiffed me. I told the manager and we took them off the delivery route. My manager was cool as heck.

$LakerGold
08-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Stiffed you like gave you $1?

stalkerforlife
08-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Stiffed you like gave you $1?

No tip.

$LakerGold
08-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Wow. Sorry about that. :\

HomieWeMajor
08-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Nada
I pay online using my debit card
http://i52.tinypic.com/2l95uvn.jpg

stalkerforlife
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Nada
I pay online using my debit card
http://i52.tinypic.com/2l95uvn.jpg

Still gotta sign the slip and there's a tip option on that slip.

HomieWeMajor
08-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Don't have to sign no slip

sweggeh
08-22-2014, 04:19 PM
So happy in England we dont have this dumbass tipping shit. Americans have been seemingly asking questions like this for decades. Who gives a ****? Pay for you shit and move the **** on.

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Don't have to sign no slip

when you pay online using a debit card it usually forces a 20% gratuity charge on there...you were tipping and didn't even know it

$LakerGold
08-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Ikr. I use my debit card. :lol

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:23 PM
So happy in England we dont have this dumbass tipping shit. Americans have been seemingly asking questions like this for decades. Who gives a ****? Pay for you shit and move the **** on.
right but our service >>>>> yours

your waiters don't give a fck because they make the same no matter what...

I noticed that in France as well...service there sucks...waitresses act like "whatever I'll get you your food after this cigarette"

HomieWeMajor
08-22-2014, 04:25 PM
when you pay online using a debit card it usually forces a 20% gratuity charge on there...you were tipping and didn't even know it
Yeah it's a 50 pence charge
Still don't make much of difference. When I pay by cash I still don't tip. If I hand bossman a tenner he better give me my change.

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:26 PM
and on top of that people in countries that don't use the tipping method have to pay the same amount for food that we do anyway due to the fact the restaurant has to pay actual salaries to their employees so they have to charge more...

ihatetimthomas

I noticed that in France as well...service there sucks...waitresses act like "whatever I'll get you your food after this cigarette"

Waiters here in the states still dont give a fcuk because they "expect" a tip no matter what. The whole tipping thing does not create better service. It depends on the establishment. There was a article on a nice sushi restaurant in NY that does not accept tips. They pay their employees a higher wage and the workers were much more happier knowing what they will expect. The whole tipping concpet makes servers bitter when they get less than expected.

sweggeh

Uh...no. If the waiters dont perform well or slack off they get fired. Thats how it works. People dont need tips to work hard, what a ridiculous notion.

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Waiters here in the states still dont give a fcuk because they "expect" a tip no matter what. The whole tipping thing does not create better service. It depends on the establishment. There was a article on a nice sushi restaurant in NY that does not accept tips. They pay their employees a higher wage and the workers were much more happier knowing what they will expect. The whole tipping concpet makes servers bitter when they get less than expected.
The waiters here in Dallas bust ass for the most part...that shit is a fckin workout

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Uh...no. If the waiters dont perform well or slack off they get fired. Thats how it works. People dont need tips to work hard, what a ridiculous notion.
it's pretty much a known fact that service in the US is superior to Europe

ihatetimthomas
08-22-2014, 04:30 PM
The waiters here in Dallas bust ass for the most part...that shit is a fckin workout

Maybe its better over in your neck of the woods. But I do not think tipping correlates to higher quality service. Maybe in the fine dining establishments, but in your regular places, it doesn't. Obviously there are some places where the servers bust ass, but its inconsistent on the mid tier places.

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Maybe its better over in your neck of the woods. But I do not think tipping correlates to higher quality service. Maybe in the fine dining establishments, but in your regular places, it doesn't. Obviously there are some places where the servers bust ass, but its inconsistent on the mid tier places.
what is a "regular place"?

I see waiters putting in hellish work at shit chains like Chilis...they put on a big ass fake smile and act like they are your slave...ALL FOR A BIGGER TIP

ihatetimthomas
08-22-2014, 04:39 PM
what is a "regular place"?

I see waiters putting in hellish work at shit chains like Chilis...they put on a big ass fake smile and act like they are your slave...ALL FOR A BIGGER TIP

And Ive seen people in Chillis just not give a fcuk, barely check in and just be unfriendly...all because they know you "should" and likely will tip regardless. Just bc you have decent servers in your town doesnt mean its the same all over. Honestly, if what you are saying is true and all servers work there asses off for tips, then no customer would ever complain about tipping or service in general

$LakerGold
08-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Let's just say that there are good and not so nice waiters. :D

I don't think we can generalize this.

~primetime~
08-22-2014, 04:53 PM
And Ive seen people in Chillis just not give a fcuk, barely check in and just be unfriendly...all because they know you "should" and likely will tip regardless. Just bc you have decent servers in your town doesnt mean its the same all over. Honestly, if what you are saying is true and all servers work there asses off for tips, then no customer would ever complain about tipping or service in general
come on obviously it isn't 100%...in general the service in the US is superior to Europe (which I am sure has certain spots with great service) and this is known. I was warned about bad service numerous times before my first trip to Europe. (and those warnings were correct) That doesn't mean the service in Europe sucks EVERYWHERE and that the service in the US is great EVERYWHERE.

Levity
08-22-2014, 05:05 PM
when i first started college, i was a delivery driver for z pizza with 7 of my closest friends (probably the most fun job ive ever had, considering we only had 10 employees, and we all got each other jobs there)

the store was located in the middle of a pretty rich neighborhood. (average prices for houses were at least 800k), so i grew accustom to $5 plus tips per delivery (pizza's are expensive at Z. a large is something like $23 bucks for 1 topping).

Ive carried on that tradition when i (rarely) order pizza for delivery. ill aim to start around 5 bucks, maybe throw in a couple extra dollars if the order was big or whatever.

robert de niro
08-22-2014, 05:06 PM
it only feels like a workout because the meals for those texas fatasses weight a ton

BrownEye007
08-23-2014, 05:13 AM
Don't get delivery often but I used to work at a pizza hut and knowing how bad the job can suck I always leave a 5. More if it's a big order. That being said $2 was all it would take to make me happy. I almost never got salty about getting stiffed like some people do but if you order in shitty weather, like over a foot of snow, or a sever thunderstorm, and don't leave a tip you're a piece of shit. (happened to me quite often since I delivered in a kind of shitty area) I also hated it if people gave me say 19.60 on an order that cost 19.58 and then say "keep the change" as if I was going to give them that 2 cents anyway.

NumberSix
08-23-2014, 05:42 AM
I once gave a Chinese delivery guy a $100 bill on a $35 order and told him to keep the change. Like an hour later, I heard my doorbell and it was the same delivery guy and he gave me a bag of food for free with a thank you card.

NZStreetBaller
08-23-2014, 06:13 AM
I aint giving no pizza boy a tip. that fool gets paid to do a job just like everyone else. give me ma pizza and piss off Hernando

Nick Young
08-23-2014, 06:19 AM
yep.

The world doesnt end if you dont tip but people talk to you like you're scum who just kicked a woman in the jaw if you ever bring up the fact you dont tip in America.

The culture of needing to tip is retarded. TIPS SHOULD BE EARNED.

That said, back in the US, pizza guys were like the only guys I did tip. They got to pay their own gas and that shit's expensive.

I'd pay like $2-3 tip but I'd always order from a place only like 4-5 blocks away, so its not like Im sending these delivery men on 30 minute drives. In my mind $2-3 to drive for 5 minutes and hold a pizza without dropping it is a good deal.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-23-2014, 06:23 AM
I dislike giving tips at restaurants but I still tend to do it if I plan on returning or am with friends/family and don't want to look like a cheap ass.
Pizza delivery is different. These people are using their own vehicles to deliver food to you. They deserve something extra. I tend to give $3 minimum but usually give more if I feel it's necessary.
I worked at a pizza place before. I guess I'll be that guy and bring race into it:
You guys ever notice that black people never tip?

Nick Young
08-23-2014, 06:24 AM
Yeh in Japan and proper Japanese restaurants, tipping is scene as insulting, and tips are left on the table or donated to charity.

This is because they expect to do a great job all the time REGARDLESS OF HOW BIG THEIR TIP MIGHT BE. This is the correct attitude to have. The waiters are happy because they are well payed, the patron is happy because he doesn't have to tip, everyone's happy. The world doesn't end in Japanese restaurants when you don't tip, and in fact it makes me want to go back there more, seeing all the happy staff and knowing that they arent just happy and acting nice because they want a fat tip from me, but because they take pride in their job.

USA could learn a thing or two from our Japanese brethren in regards to tipping.

Nick Young
08-23-2014, 06:27 AM
and on top of that people in countries that don't use the tipping method have to pay the same amount for food that we do anyway due to the fact the restaurant has to pay actual salaries to their employees so they have to charge more...
not really. Most countries the food is cheap+tips arent expected.

You can try to justify tips all you want, but a guy does not deserve $5 for writing down an order correctly and then carrying a plate without dropping it. That's called doing the bare minimum requirements of his job+it is a task that any moron with 2 hands can do.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-23-2014, 06:45 AM
I find it funny that the server gets the tip for bringing me the food while the cooks + dishwashers get nothing.
I know in some states servers don't get paid well, but in CA, they're making minimum wage, but they could go home with $200+ a night (depending on if the restaurant is busy or not), while the cooks are still only taking minimum wage.
Backwards ass system. The person carrying the food is paid more most of the time than the person cooking it.

Nick Young
08-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Yep. Also it's a job that literally anyone can do.

Still there's this myth out there "waiters bust their ass":facepalm

Try being a waiter. You will see how easy it is.

Nowitness
08-23-2014, 07:42 AM
nothing. i tell them i don't tip mcdonalds workers so i'm not tipping you.

then I say goodnight and close the door in their face.

driving around town and giving people food is tip worthy? :roll:

dannywpt
08-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Nothing.

Pizza delivery guys, waiters, shop employees, burger flippers and everyone in similar jobs are paid like at least 50k a year here, yet they seem to have no problem asking for a "total" every time I try to pay using my card, even if they literally handed me something over a counter. Shit annoys me more and more every day.

Cactus-Sack
08-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Nothing.

Pizza delivery guys, waiters, shop employees, burger flippers and everyone in similar jobs are paid like at least 50k a year here, yet they seem to have no problem asking for a "total" every time I try to pay using my card, even if they literally handed me something over a counter. Shit annoys me more and more every day.

Show me one pizza delivery person or McDonald's cook and who makes 50k and i'll show you a calculator dummy.

Knicks101
08-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Nothing.

You 12 years old bro?

HomieWeMajor
08-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Nothing.

Where do you live ?
Macedonia ?
Bulgaria ?

robert de niro
08-23-2014, 08:25 AM
That said, back in the US, pizza guys were like the only guys I did tip. They got to pay their own gas and that shit's expensive.
they got to pay their own gas in the US? :biggums:

dannywpt
08-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Show me one pizza delivery person or McDonald's cook and who makes 50k and i'll show you a calculator dummy.

Maybe I don't live in America

BrownEye007
08-23-2014, 08:33 AM
they got to pay their own gas in the US? :biggums:
Yeah. The gas and the wear and tear put on their car are the whole reason they're supposed to get tips.

LJJ
08-23-2014, 08:43 AM

To be fair the French are particularly dickish to tourists, but I think 90% of this is a cultural difference. In most countries here people go to the restaurant to socialize, relax and eat good food and they don't want the staff constantly hounding them.

If at the end of the night I don't remember the waitress's face or her name, that's the perfect dining experience. The only things I should be remembering are good food and good company.

dannywpt
08-23-2014, 09:09 AM
I live in Australia fvckwit, my mate is a manager at mcdonalds and doesn't make 50k. You're wrong.

Look up wages in this country called Norway.

I will make around 80k gross straight out of the equivalent of college/5yrs higher education.

Why does me saying what a pizza delivery guy makes here make you all so angry?

dannywpt
08-23-2014, 09:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ldt72.gif

Graviton
08-23-2014, 09:22 AM
No, it's not ok. Fvck your commie ass country kid.
Norway and other Scandinavian nations are always on top in happiness surveys, and have the highest standard of living. Their countries are in the best shape out of everyone, you look like an ignorant fool. :oldlol:

Graviton
08-23-2014, 09:40 AM
That's some fgt ass commie talk. fvck off to north korea if you love it so much.
What is wrong with you? Are you not able to engage in normal conversations at all? Do you see everyone who disagrees with your view as an enemy? You may have some pathological issues friend.

You literally post nothing but angry vapid one liners in every thread. Now I see how it may take you 5 seconds to post a response. Almost 5000 posts in 5 months consisting of insecurity and misguided rage. I don't know what struggles you are going through in the savage lands of Australia, but I want you to know your ISH brothers are here to help. It's ok man, it's not your fault.

:cheers:

JohnFreeman
08-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Tipping? :roll:

~primetime~
08-23-2014, 02:14 PM
US posters in here who complain about tipping are probably teens...

what people from other countries that don't tip fail to understand:

YOU'RE PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT AS WE ARE...our restaurants don't pay the waiters, yours do...thus your food costs around 15% more so that the restaurant can afford to pay their staff.

In the US we are given the option to decide weather or not waiters deserve their salary based upon their performance...they know that and the result is hard work. You don't have that option, you are paying them the same no matter what they do.

BlkMambaGOAT
08-23-2014, 02:29 PM
As for salaries in Norway, I can sort of confirm. I went there with my gf this July and neither of us bought sh!t in there cuz it's so damn expensive.

30% tax. Prices that make my blood go cold. I was blown away.

Luckily we stayed at her folks' house so we didn't go broke on the first night.

I hope "minimum wage" workers there make at least $50k/year they'll need it.

PHX_Phan
08-24-2014, 04:34 AM
I deliver pizzas so I always hook the driver up with a ridiculous tip.

tomtucker
08-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Yeh in Japan and proper Japanese restaurants, tipping is scene as insulting, and tips are left on the table or donated to charity.

This is because they expect to do a great job all the time REGARDLESS OF HOW BIG THEIR TIP MIGHT BE. This is the correct attitude to have. The waiters are happy because they are well payed, the patron is happy because he doesn't have to tip, everyone's happy. The world doesn't end in Japanese restaurants when you don't tip, and in fact it makes me want to go back there more, seeing all the happy staff and knowing that they arent just happy and acting nice because they want a fat tip from me, but because they take pride in their job.

USA could learn a thing or two from our Japanese brethren in regards to tipping.

agree........tipping is like giving money to beggers..........don

PHX_Phan
08-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Source? How do you explain meals costing the same across the country in chain restaurants like Chili's, even though the wages servers make varies state by state? Shouldn't the food costs vary, since in some states servers make more than in others?

Also, would you say service is worse in a state where the servers make $2.13/hr vs. states where they make legit minimum wage?

Where is your source showing that chain restaurants charge the exact same in each state? Pretty sure I've been to a lot of chain restaurants in different cities that charged more or less than the last.

Even advertised deals can come with hidden charges that change the total price. It may not seem like a large difference on your individual order, but it's still there.

All of your arguments on this subject seem centered around the idea that there is free money sitting around for all restaurants to play with. If a company has to pay their work staff more, they will reflect it in their prices. It's a basic business practice. This is especially true among chains that are pretty much legally bound to maximize profits.

Nick Young
08-24-2014, 06:19 AM
US posters in here who complain about tipping are probably teens...

what people from other countries that don't tip fail to understand:

YOU'RE PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT AS WE ARE

:facepalm
Wrong. Why are you so desperate to justify tipping a waiter? All they do is write down an order and carry a plate of food without dropping it. It is one of the easiest jobs out there.

Nick Young
08-24-2014, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]agree........tipping is like giving money to beggers..........don

Nick Young
08-24-2014, 06:25 AM
To be fair the French are particularly dickish to tourists, but I think 90% of this is a cultural difference. In most countries here people go to the restaurant to socialize, relax and eat good food and they don't want the staff constantly hounding them.

If at the end of the night I don't remember the waitress's face or her name, that's the perfect dining experience. The only things I should be remembering are good food and good company.
Last time I went to France everyone there was really really nice, and waiting staff was really helpful.

My French sucks, but I always started conversations trying to ask them things in French, and then they'd laugh and start speaking English and be friendly.

I used to think French were assholes, but based on my last trip to Paris a few years ago, they are nice people, as long as you make effort to speak their language, even if it's bad effort.

PHX_Phan
08-24-2014, 06:55 AM
Well Chili's has their 2 for 20 deal in both Cali and Missouri(where the servers are payed a much lower base wage) for instance. In my experience the prices for those big chains really only vary in Hawaii and Alaska(well, I've never been to Alaska but the small print always tends to say something along the lines of "price not available in Hawaii and Alaska" or something to that effect).

And you must be confusing me with someone else. My argument is centered around tipping being an unnecessary and superfluous social practice. I've already stated that if prices go up across the board, I'm ok with that.

Just because they charge the same price for the dish itself doesn't mean that they don't have different accompanying fees. The primary benefit of tipping from the restaurant's perspective is the ability to advertise lower prices at a glean.

I know for a fact that different Jimmy John's locations will charge more or less of a delivery 'tax' on their sandwiches. All of the stores in the Phoenix area only added something like 4%, which was among the lowest for all JJ locations. Very possibly because Arizona is around the federal minimum for gratuity based jobs.

If a restaurant has to pay their staff more, they absolutely will charge more for it. Do you really think a Chili's in Cali will pay it's staff twice as much as one in Arizona, and not reflect it in their prices? Exactly how large do you estimate the average restaurant profit margin to be? It doesn't make shit for sense.

Mr Clutch Melo
08-24-2014, 06:59 AM
You could easily make 50-60k as a waiter here in Norway.

Then again, we are filty rich:D :pimp:

Nick Young
08-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Just because they charge the same price for the dish itself doesn't mean that they don't have different accompanying fees. The primary benefit of tipping from the restaurant's perspective is the ability to advertise lower prices at a glean.

I know for a fact that different Jimmy John's locations will charge more or less of a delivery 'tax' on their sandwiches. All of the stores in the Phoenix area only added something like 4%, which was among the lowest for all JJ locations. Very possibly because Arizona is around the federal minimum for gratuity based jobs.

If a restaurant has to pay their staff more, they absolutely will charge more for it. Do you really think a Chili's in Cali will pay it's staff twice as much as one in Arizona, and not reflect it in their prices? Exactly how large do you estimate the average restaurant profit margin to be? It doesn't make shit for sense.
Why are you guys so desperate to prove that tipping matters?:facepalm

Balla_Status
08-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Tipping is ****ing bullshit. Agreed.

I only tip in Australia when I'm drunk and taking a taxi home (they get paid **** all and in my opinion it's a good service to drive drunk people home...being from Texas I really appreciate it) and the pizza delivery guy if it's raining outside. (Because they use motor bikes.)

Or if the change ends up being $1 or $2 at a bar because I'm tired of carrying so many goddamn coins in my pocket.

Meals are expensive enough here without tipping.

FatComputerNerd
08-24-2014, 09:41 AM
$3.00

I think order size doesn't matter for pizza delivery guys (at least here in the USA). They also make a decent wage unlike waiters/waitresses who rely much more on tips.

I will sometimes tip a bit more, like 5 bucks if the weather is really bad or I forgot to shovel the walk.

FatComputerNerd
08-24-2014, 09:44 AM

The place I order from sometimes (Papa Johns) has a spot right there at checkout where you can enter a tip amount to put on your card. I think most places with online ordering have this by now.

I usually leave that blank though, and pay the driver his tip in cash, which I'm guessing they probably appreciate.

~primetime~
08-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Source? How do you explain meals costing the same across the country in chain restaurants like Chili's, even though the wages servers make varies state by state? Shouldn't the food costs vary, since in some states servers make more than in others?

Also, would you say service is worse in a state where the servers make $2.13/hr vs. states where they make legit minimum wage?
I am talking about the US (where waiters salaries ARE the tips) vs countries that don't tip (where the wait staff is paid actual salaries from the restaurants profits)

not this state vs. that state....25 cent an hour difference

if Chillis has some nation wide deals then okay...that really doesn't disprove the fact that restaurants that are forced to pay their staff actual salaries have to increase the price of their food to make up for it.

This is something that people who whine about tipping just don't get...in the US the waiters salary IS the tips, and you as a costumer gets to decide if they have earned their salary or not. In countries that lack a tip system you don't have that option, your paying that waiter's salary via the price of your meal no matter what.

Nick Young
08-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I am talking about US (where waiters make next to nothing an hour) vs countries that don't tip (where the wait staff is paid actual salaries)

not this state vs. that state....25 cent an hour difference

if Chillis has some nation wide deals then okay...that really doesn't disprove the fact that restaurants that are forced to pay their staff actual salaries have to increase the price of their food to make up for it.

This is something that people who whine about tipping just don't get...in the US the waiters salary IS the tips, and you as a costumer gets to decide if they have earned their salary or not. In countries that lack a tip system you don't have that option, your paying that waiter's salary via the price of your meal no matter what.
You are wrong bro. Why are you so desperate to justify tipping?

Also how do you justify tipping the moron who writes down your order and brings you your plate without dropping it and not the person who actually cooks the food you paid for?

Waiters are making more then the chefs here in many places. You think that's right?:confusedshrug:

MavsSuperFan
08-24-2014, 02:09 PM
20% in restaurant, 15% deliveries, 0% take out

~primetime~
08-24-2014, 02:09 PM

Also how do you justify tipping the moron who writes down your order and brings you your plate without dropping it and not the person who actually cooks the food you paid for?

Waiters are making more then the chefs here in many places. You think that's right?:confusedshrug:
the chefs make A SALARY

and if the waiter is a moron, you don't have to tip him...he has failed to earn your tip, that is part of the beauty of it

BrownEye007
08-24-2014, 04:29 PM

You keep telling everybody that disagrees with you that they're wrong but then provide nothing to back it up. Is it maybe because you don't have a real argument and are just a cheap bastard :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
08-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Maybe I should order a pizza?

Norcaliblunt
08-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Think about how libertarians want the whole social safety net to be a charity tipping like system. Lol.

tpols
08-24-2014, 10:37 PM

That's not necessarily true..

A lot of the cooks Ive worked with make 10-12 per hr.. servers make 2 per hr with tax on tips eliminating it entirely(ie checks for a week for a server will be 2 to 5 dollars).

Cooks come in early when its not busy to prep or stay late to close when its also not busy and for a whole shift theyre guaranteed to make 80+ dollars(10-12* 8 hrs)

Where as a server might come in, it might be dead for a whole lunch shift(12-5pm where they make maybe 30 bucks) then they might make another 30-40 at night giving them a similar wage.

Unless your a professional server at a fairly high class place, you probably don't make all that much more than the cooks.

Draz
08-24-2014, 10:39 PM
We normally do 2 or 3. Mostly because the place is a few blocks down.

BigBoss
08-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Microwave a hot pocket and tip him with that

KNOW1EDGE
08-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Why would I tip a pizza guy?

Your company pays your salary, not me.

I paid for my pizza and paid the delivery charge as well. Why would I tip the delivery boy? Lol maybe a dollar but I've never tipped more than that

Hot Shot Rox
08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Do black ppl tip?

tpols
08-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Lol, not at all dude.

idk.. based on where ive worked(average/below average chains like chilis, applebees etc).. that's how its been.

eliteballer
08-25-2014, 02:09 AM
it only feels like a workout because the meals for those texas fatasses weight a ton

:roll:

JerrySeinfeld
08-25-2014, 02:14 AM
I don't tip the delivery guy. If he wants more money, he can take that up with his employer.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 02:24 AM
Primetime, you post good shit but you're wrong here bro... tipping does not improve service in any way whatsoever. I can personally vouch that service in India and Germany and some other Asian countries is much better than in the US. Now, I usually tip 15-18%... but I have no delusions about it. Tipping is a stupid institution and most everyone would be better off without it.

In fact, in India the food is WAY cheaper too. You're way off base here.

Check out this article from a guy who abolished tipping at his restaurant in San Diego and how much service improved, so it happens in the US too: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2013/08/tipless_restaurants_the_linkery_s_owner_explains_w hy_abolishing_tipping.html

SupermanOnSteroids
08-25-2014, 02:27 AM
i usually invite them in and make them cut a hole in the box and stick their penises through it. then i invite my girlfriend into the room and get a camera. then i make my girlfriend hold the camera and record as i suck them off. that's what i usually consider a tip for a pizza guy.

tomtucker
08-25-2014, 03:34 AM
i usually invite them in and make them cut a hole in the box and stick their penises through it. then i invite my girlfriend into the room and get a camera. then i make my girlfriend hold the camera and record as i suck them off. that's what i usually consider a tip for a pizza guy.
:oldlol: :roll: :lol :applause:

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 04:25 AM
Why would I tip a pizza guy?

Your company pays your salary, not me.

I paid for my pizza and paid the delivery charge as well. Why would I tip the delivery boy? Lol maybe a dollar but I've never tipped more than that

Because the pizza place expects you to? :facepalm

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 04:35 AM
Because the pizza place expects you to? :facepalm

Oh sh1t, my bad, I didn't know if people expected me to do things I had to do them.

Ive had 1 pizza delivered in the last 3 years and I did not tip the dude. His company pays him to work. I pay his company, for the pizza and delivery charge.

Tipping in general is a flawed concept that has been proven to only decrease the quality of service.

SupermanOnSteroids
08-25-2014, 04:45 AM
you are a piece of shit and i hope the dude spat on your pizza. not only spat, but i hope that dude came on your pizza and you ate it thinking it as extra cheese.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Oh sh1t, my bad, I didn't know if people expected me to do things I had to do them.

Ive had 1 pizza delivered in the last 3 years and I did not tip the dude. His company pays him to work. I pay his company, for the pizza and delivery charge.

Tipping in general is a flawed concept that has been proven to only decrease the quality of service.

The company charges for the pizza and the delivery charge covers insurance. You are expected to compensate the driver for his service. Just saying.

It's OK if you want to admit to being a cheap asshole just because you don't agree with a system. Best that you don't use it often.

Quizno
08-25-2014, 08:01 AM
yep.

The world doesnt end if you dont tip but people talk to you like you're scum who just kicked a woman in the jaw if you ever bring up the fact you dont tip in America.

The culture of needing to tip is retarded. TIPS SHOULD BE EARNED.

I'd pay like $2-3 tip but I'd always order from a place only like 4-5 blocks away, so its not like Im sending these delivery men on 30 minute drives. In my mind $2-3 to drive for 5 minutes and hold a pizza without dropping it is a good deal.
your most jewish post

2LeTTeRS
08-25-2014, 10:27 AM
The only reasons I'll order deliver is if there is bad weather or if I feel too sick to stand up and drive (i.e. not very often); but if I do I try to at least tip $3. I agree with those that say the culture of tipping is bullshit; but that's the way the world is so I just pay them and go about my day.

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 03:57 PM
The company charges for the pizza and the delivery charge covers insurance. You are expected to compensate the driver for his service. Just saying.

It's OK if you want to admit to being a cheap asshole just because you don't agree with a system. Best that you don't use it often.

I like how you equate me not giving away free money to me being a "cheap a$$h0le" you sir are an idiot

Like I said, I paid for my pizza, I paid for the delivery.

You are a sucker a$$ b1tch if you give away money for things you already paid for. Oh but I forgot, Dominoes expects me to pay their employees in addition to paying for my pizza and it's delivery, my bad, you right :coleman:

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 04:24 PM
People like KNOWLEDGE are why pizza places are moving to having a fixed "gratuity charge" on the bill. It's asking to much for places to just trust that people understand the concept and they can't afford to go without tips...gas and service costs money.

What sucks about it already being included though is that people will not have the option of refusing to pay it in the event that the delivery man does do a poor job.

2LeTTeRS
08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
People like KNOWLEDGE are why pizza places are moving to having a fixed "gratuity charge" on the bill. It's asking to much for places to just trust that people understand the concept and they can't afford to go without tips...gas and service costs money.

What sucks about it already being included though is that people will not have the option of refusing to pay it in the event that the delivery man does do a poor job.

How is that such a bad thing? If the cost is expected already and when not received the customer has to worry about being blacklisted or people spitting in your food, why not remove it? Seems like an unnecessary step to me.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 04:30 PM
How is that such a bad thing? If the cost is expected already and when not received the customer has to worry about being blacklisted or people spitting in your food, why not remove it? Seems like an unnecessary step to me.
Because like I said I would prefer the option of not tipping in the event the delivery guy screws up.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 04:45 PM
I like how you equate me not giving away free money to me being a "cheap a$$h0le" you sir are an idiot

Like I said, I paid for my pizza, I paid for the delivery.

You are a sucker a$$ b1tch if you give away money for things you already paid for. Oh but I forgot, Dominoes expects me to pay their employees in addition to paying for my pizza and it's delivery, my bad, you right :coleman:

I equate openly admitting to not tipping a gratuity service that you took advantage of as being an asshole, yes.

Doesn't matter that you personally have no idea how the dude's job works or why throwing him a few bucks isn't paying his salary on behalf of his employer. Only thing that matters is that you are that asshole taking advantage of a system that the majority of everyone else supports. All to save a whopping $2-3.

Sounds like the cheap asshole label is fitting.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 04:58 PM

Ever take a look at what some of those places charge? It's something like a flat $12 fee at some of them.

People don't understand that having your food delivered to your doorstep is a service that costs more than the $2 delivery fee. Most of the time that $2 is split between the driver and store anyway to cover the insurance that stores have to have on the drivers.

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 05:00 PM
You call not paying for things twice being an "a$$hole"

I call it not being taken advantage of.

To each his own. You seem a little pathetic though. We're u a pizza boy?

Ive never lied. There is no law requiring me to tip. It is a concept created by the food industry to take advantage of their customers. You sir are the liberal pu$$y who gets taken advantage of.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Most pizza delivery places charge for the delivery, that is paying for the kid to deliver my pizza, I don't have to pay him twice do i?

That's a real liberal way of thinking. "I already paid for my pizza, and I paid to have it delivered in a timely manner. Now, when my pizza arrives in a timely manner for which I have already paid, I should once again now pay the delivery boy for what I already paid for because I should feel bad for the pizza boy"

Nope. I don't feel bad.

Except the $2 isn't quite paying for the kid to deliver your pizza. They expect more than that, and holding on it is being a cheap asshole.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:04 PM
You call not paying for things twice being an "a$$hole"

I call it not being taken advantage of.

To each his own. You seem a little pathetic though. We're u a pizza boy?

You can call it whatever you want, but that's just being ignorant. It is what it is.

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 05:05 PM
You can call it whatever you want, but that's just being ignorant. It is what it is.

And vice versa.

YOU can call it whatever YOU want.

But that's just being ignorant

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:20 PM
And vice versa.

YOU can call it whatever YOU want.

But that's just being ignorant

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 05:23 PM

Oh my bad, I forgot, it only works the way you say it works.

What I state, although factual, is all wrong. My bad dude.

Smoke117
08-25-2014, 05:26 PM
2-3 bucks

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=ShannonElements]It's often more than a 25

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Here's the problem with that though. They might not agree with your perception of the job they did. Maybe there was a car crash that held them up, maybe their girlfriend broke up with them that day, maybe another driver quit that night so they had to make more deliveries than usual, etc. and still feel they deserve a tip. Not to mention, a lot of people these days view a tip as being mandatory. Now you're playing the tipping hostage situation game. That's what tipping has turned in to. A hostage situation. Tip...or else. You see people say shit like that all the time, even in this thread. "Best that you don't use it often."

There's an implied threat now if you don't give someone something you don't have to give them. Here are some of the synonyms of "gratuity": tip, gift, present, donation, reward, handout. But you better give it to 'em...

If someone performs their job then they deserve a gratuity. You have an extra few bucks left over from the bill only because the restaurant did not charge you for that person's services, but they expect you to tip them. The whole concept of this is it empowers the customer to compensate their server based on how well they performed. Poor service = poor tip. Good service = good tip. As long as they performed the service (delivered your pizza) they deserve something.

Not tipping them is taking advantage of not being charged for their services up front from the restaurant. You are not making a stance on tipping, you are just being an asshole to one person because you don't agree or understand how their job works. The tip is absolutely expected assuming they did their job and did it well. Just saying. You are not giving money to a beggar, you are paying for a service.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:37 PM

I get tipped by 98% of my customers. That means you fall in the 2% that don't agree with tipping.

But clearly, I know nothing on this subject.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 05:38 PM
So you're saying a tip is mandatory then? See pt, this is what I mean.

IMO it should only be seen as mandatory if the service was good...they have to earn your tip by doing their job well.

There have been many occasions when I have not tipped at restaurants or tipped poorly because I felt the service sucked, or it took a fckin hour for me to get my food...and I LIKE having that power, it sends a message to them that they need to do better.

Taking the tip system away would give waiters actual salaries and increase our food prices, and we end up paying the same amount no matter what the waiters do.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:40 PM
So you're saying a tip is mandatory then? See pt, this is what I mean.

Define mandatory in this case? Obviously if you wanna be a cheap jackass like know1edge, you can just stiff the person. So, it's not mandatory.

The restaurant expects you to tip the server, and the server expects to receive a tip. If it's a non-tipping restaurant, then there is no tip expected because they charge you a service fee on the bill.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 05:42 PM
If the delivery guy is late for ANY reason (dead family member whatever) then he probably has an understanding that he is not getting tipped. That is the point behind it, they have to actually have done their job well in order to earn your tip. That is what keeps them from slacking off, the fear of losing out on tip money. YES it is a hostage deal. We are holding your tip money hostage and will release it once you have shown to do a decent job because we don't want to pay for poor service.

Dude primetime again, places without tipping do NOT have worse service. Tipping does little to nothing to increase job performance. If anything it DECREASES it - "Oh that black/old Christian/young kids table isn't going to tip well so **** it I'm going to focus on the rich white guy taking his girl out for the night."

I've seen this happen and ANYONE who has worked in the service industry has seen this happen, they or their coworkers stereotyping "bad tipping" customers, so they put in less effort on that table, consequently that table tips worse (or maybe they would have anyway...), and the cycle starts over again. I am of an ethnicity which is poorly regarded for tipping and I have experienced this AS a restaurant patron many times, and also briefly while I worked in food service. Both sides.

Tipping is NOT doing anyone ANY favors except for
1. The rare top 10% of waiters who actually be the best they can be. The thing is these are the people who will try hard ANYWAY because that's just the kind of people they are. They want to be the best at their job, give 100%
2. Female servers who have a big ass, big boobs, a pretty face, or some combination of that. They get tipped disproportionately well especially if they know how to work the goods.

Point to ONE THING ANYWHERE that suggests tipping increases how well the job is performed. It simply isn't true man. Here are TWO places that abolished tipping to great results.

http://thepricehike.com/post/52308734397/nycs-sushi-yasuda-eliminates-tipping-gratuities-no
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2013/08/tipless_restaurants_the_linkery_s_owner_explains_w hy_abolishing_tipping.html

edit: Not to mention the biggest part of it all, hole in the wall restaurants don't even tip their waiters in states that do not practice the "tipped min wage" like here in California. Yes it's illegal, but if you go to a hole in the wall Chinese/Indian/Mexican/etc place, you can bet your ass that the owners take ALL the tip money. The servers do not see a cent of it.

Source: worked in a place as described above. The only tip money I EVER made was $3, when the kind woman said "here this is for you, and for you only" and put the money directly in my hand. All of the tips that were left with the bill? We didn't get a penny.

Nanners
08-25-2014, 05:43 PM

http://www.critical-theory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/jeff-bridges-youre-not-wrong.png

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 05:45 PM
@oarabbus it is pretty much a known fact that most of europe has poor service in comparison to the US. Go to France, or Italy, you will find it is the norm for you to wait an hour for your food...and common for YOU to have to hunt down your server for a water refill.

You know of countries where that isn't the case? They are just exceptions IMO

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Phoenix I still fail to understand how you equate me not being taken advantage of as me being a "cheap a$$hole"

It's growing more and more obvious that you work in the food service industry and receive tips. Good for you, I'm not mad at it, if I came into your restaurant and you gave me service I would give you a small tip. Feel better?

But to say that someone is a "cheap a$$hole" for not paying twice is absurd and ignorant.

Fact is that you don't have to tip. Tipping was made up by people like to trying to make a quick buck off of people's kindness and generosity. It's a scam. You are the real a$$ hole.

Nanners
08-25-2014, 05:50 PM
@oarabbus it is pretty much a known fact that most of europe has poor service in comparison to the US. Go to France, or Italy, you will find it is the norm for you to wait an hour for your food...and common for YOU to have to hunt down your server for a water refill.

that has nothing to do with tipping, this happens because italians are just lazy mfers.

food service is great in many european countries, germany for example.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 05:54 PM
that has nothing to do with tipping, this happens because italians are just lazy mfers.

take away their salary and make them earn tips and they will cease to be lazy mfers...

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 05:55 PM

You know of countries where that isn't the case? They are just exceptions IMO

And how about the part I added in?

Not to mention the biggest part of it all, hole in the wall restaurants don't even tip their waiters in states that do not practice the "tipped min wage" like here in California. Yes it's illegal, but if you go to a hole in the wall Chinese/Indian/Mexican/etc place, you can bet your ass that the owners take ALL the tip money. The servers do not see a cent of it.

Source: worked in a place as described above. The only tip money I EVER made was $3, when the kind woman said "here this is for you, and for you only" and put the money directly in my hand. All of the tips that were left with the bill? We didn't get a penny.

Tipping just sucks dude. Again how do you explain how service quality goes UP in restaurants that abolished tipping IN the US?

And how about waiters/waitresses giving black people/other stereotyped as "bad tippers" groups shitty service, which results in those people getting worse service and tipping worse? Don't try to deny this one. I've seen it far too often.

take away their salary and make them earn tips and they will cease to be lazy mfers...

No they wont. Spaniards and Italians are just lazy man.

If you really believe this why isn't everyone tipped. Why not tip computer programmers, construction workers, and accountants. Oh you did my taxes for me like I asked? Awesome here's a 15% tip.

Built the bridge in the way we agreed upon? Tip em 15%.

Nanners
08-25-2014, 05:56 PM

as someone who has spent a lot of time in italy, i dont think that would work. you cant just take away an italians salary without the rest of the country going on strike.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Phoenix I still fail to understand how you equate me not being taken advantage of as me being a "cheap a$$hole"

It's growing more and more obvious that you work in the food service industry and receive tips. Good for you, I'm not mad at it, if I came into your restaurant and you gave me service I would give you a small tip. Feel better?

But to say that someone is a "cheap a$$hole" for not paying twice is absurd and ignorant.

Fact is that you don't have to tip. Tipping was made up by people like to trying to make a quick buck off of people's kindness and generosity. It's a scam. You are the real a$$ hole.

Lol at the ignorance.

Yeah, the delivery guy is trying to swindle you out of a few bucks for delivering your food with his own car and gas. He got $1 out of that $2 delivery fee and makes $5 an hour and you don't tip him because 'that's like paying twice, bro' so he barely cuts even on the gas he used driving to your busted ass apartment.

What an asshole that guy is.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 05:57 PM
And how about waiters/waitresses giving black people/other stereotyped as "bad tippers" groups shitty service, which results in those people getting worse service and tipping worse? Don't try to deny this one. I've seen it far too often.
okay time out...so here you are openly admitting that people don't work hard when they know they won't be tipped...you know that right?

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 05:59 PM
okay time out...so here you are openly admitting that people don't work hard when they know they won't be tipped...you know that right?

Yeah, because of the institution of tipping itself. Remove tipping and everyone gets equal, good service. The employees that don't get fired. Just like EVERY OTHER industry.

That's like saying "hold up here you are openly admitting people will only do the minimum work to not get beaten if they are slaves right?" The answer is to get rid of slavery.

There are ALREADY examples of places that abolished tipping and everyone's service quality went UP.

edit: and I didn't even address that these people don't KNOW they won't get tipped, they ASSUME they won't get tipped, which TOTALLY fxcks over the good tipping Black/Chinese/etc people... not trying to be racist here, just real.

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 06:02 PM
When did this poor pizza boys problem become mine?

I don't give a f*ck about him or his sh1tty job, get an education and find a real job. I feel no sense of responsibility to pay for this man's gas or time. That's what his employer does you f*ckboy.

I pay his employer. His employer pays him. That's how it works.

You are an ignorant f*ck because you expect handouts from people for simply doing the job you are already being paid for.

It's a scam, and just because a lot of people buy into this scam does not make it legit.

Fact is there is no law requiring people to hand out additional money for food/services they already paid for. If following the law makes me a a$$hole in your opinion then you have serious mental health issues that need to be attended to asap

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I worked customer service at Nike for 6 years and worked much harder than the pizza boy who drives his car around.

I don't expect my customers to give me free money. Nike paid me to do that work.

Entitled f*ckboys I swear, what is wrong with you?

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 06:07 PM
Honestly, if you spit ON someone you can be charged with assault. If you spit in someone's food you should be charged as well, and not getting tipped well or having someone request something very specific is not justification for spitting in someones food.

There is no justification for ****ing with someones food and people who do so need to be punishe.d

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 06:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratuity

^^^ tipping customs broken down by country

seems like some in here are under the impression that only the US gives the costumer the power to decide if their servers have earned their money or not

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 06:09 PM
You want me to define "mandatory"?:oldlol: I didn't realize it was open to interpretation..

He is a restaurant server trolling hard.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 06:11 PM

what do you know...

But most people in Germany consider tipping to be good manners as well as a way to express gratitude for good service

a tip of about 5% - 10%, depending on the type of service, is customary.

probably just a strange coincidence right?

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 06:11 PM
When did this poor pizza boys problem become mine?

I don't give a f*ck about him or his sh1tty job, get an education and find a real job. I feel no sense of responsibility to pay for this man's gas or time. That's what his employer does you f*ckboy.

I pay his employer. His employer pays him. That's how it works.

You are an ignorant f*ck because you expect handouts from people for simply doing the job you are already being paid for.

It's a scam, and just because a lot of people buy into this scam does not make it legit.

Fact is there is no law requiring people to hand out additional money for food/services they already paid for. If following the law makes me a a$$hole in your opinion then you have serious mental health issues that need to be attended to asap

Damn, you're a retard.

Minimum wage for gratuity based jobs is lower than normal minimum wage because gratuities are expected. So, it seems that even the law recognizes tipping.

The only scumbag here is you being the minority who can't support tipping like everyone else. All the rest of the tipping majority subsidizes the cost of your meal because you cheap out on the tip. You're not going to affect anything other than being an asshole and saving on the few bucks that everyone else paid for.

Nanners
08-25-2014, 06:12 PM
i think tipping should be expanded to even more jobs. when the asshole at the at&t store gives me lip about bogus charges on my phone bill i want to be able to be able to stiff him.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 06:12 PM
I worked customer service at Nike for 6 years and worked much harder than the pizza boy who drives his car around.

I don't expect my customers to give me free money. Nike paid me to do that work.

I worked at Starbucks briefly and had more than a few coworkers who thought the customer "needs" to tip if they order a frappucino due to the extra work involved (They really are quite a bit of additional work) and some would say how they'd mess with the drinks if someone ordered like 3 frappucinos.

I would be like :biggums:
Motherfxcker we are getting paid to make the goddamn drink, if it's on the damn menu you make it without crying and being a bitch about it. I'd take home my paycheck, and any tip money I took home was gravy. I wouldn't get pissed about low tips one week because I decided I'm not gonna put my happiness in the hands of strangers.

I also worked at a restaurant prior to that where the owners took ALL the tip money, like I said I never saw a cent. Even then, even KNOWING what they were doing was illegal, I didn't bitch and moan. I did my work and GTFO of that job as fast as I could.

Now I have a job which I got due to my education and working hard and it pays many many times more than I'd have ever made in food service.

Moral of the story: Know1edge's posts are truth even if he comes off abrasive sometimes

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 06:13 PM

More ignorance. At least I don't even have to say anything for you to make it clear you are dumbass.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
i think tipping should be expanded to even more jobs. when the asshole at the at&t store gives me lip about bogus charges on my phone bill i want to be able to be able to stiff him.
many companies that rely heavy on phone service now have a way for you to rate their service after...so you can stiff them

Nanners
08-25-2014, 06:14 PM
what do you know...

probably just a strange coincidence right?

did you read the sections on italy and france? its not like tipping is some alien concept that doesnt exist in those "lazy" countries.

~primetime~
08-25-2014, 06:16 PM
did you read the sections on italy and france? its not like tipping is some alien concept that doesnt exist in those "lazy" countries.
it says it is uncommon for both countries...sometimes "small change" is left behind

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 06:16 PM
PHX, dude, get real.

Honestly, get real dude.

I'm sorry you didn't get your education so you are forced to work in a restaurant but that is not the rest of the world's problem. It's yours.

Sorry I'm not willing to give away free money. From your mentally handicapped logic that makes me a "cheap a$$hole"

God you are f*cking dumb. What race are you?

Edit: I just gave you some free rep because I don't want to be a cheap butthole

Nanners
08-25-2014, 06:20 PM
it says it is uncommon for both countries...sometimes "small change" is left behind

for italy it specifically says its "not uncommon" and also mentions that it is "quite common" for certain professions (taxi for example).

also, european "small change" is much larger than american "small change". The euro comes in $1 and $2 coins and their smallest paper bill is a fiver.

BrownEye007
08-25-2014, 06:26 PM

Doubt it. And are you retarded? While you worked at Nike I'm sure you got paid at least minimum wage. The pizza deliver guy makes LESS than minimum wage and pays for his own gas. You are correct in saying you don't HAVE to tip. If you don't though you are a cheap asshole straight up. Ain't no way around it. Not tipping might work for you and a minority of people but if a majority of people didn't tip there wouldn't be anybody to deliver your pizza. If nobody tipped delivery people would make better money at Mcdonalds. Same goes for servers at restaurants.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 06:26 PM
For the pro-tippers: why not make ALL jobs tipping based if it improves quality of work?

Let's tip the president and congress when we win a war or pass a bill. With tipping as an incentive, surely they will get more shit done.

Let's tip soldiers based on their kill count. More kills = better job.

Let's tip computer programmers for the more code they write. Damn watch how non-buggy and perfect all of our software will become.

Let's tip air traffic controllers. Each plane successfully landed, they get a tip. Plane crashed? No tip.

Let's tip actors. The better they act, the bigger tip they deserve. It's only fair.

Let's tip sports players. Every game won they deserve a tip. When teams lose games it must be because there is no incentive to work hard since they aren't getting tipped.

Let's tip doctors based on how many patients they cure. I doubt doctors are really giving it their all since they don't have a tipping incentive.

Let's tip farmers based on how much livestock they raise. Those damn farmers have no incentive to work hard.

Shit, I guess we just need to make everything tipped and all the world's problems will be solved.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 06:27 PM
PHX, dude, get real.

Honestly, get real dude.

I'm sorry you didn't get your education so you are forced to work in a restaurant but that is not the rest of the world's problem. It's yours.

Sorry I'm not willing to give away free money. From your mentally handicapped logic that makes me a "cheap a$$hole"

God you are f*cking dumb. What race are you?

Lol, the dude who can't understanding such a simple concept telling me about education.

What problems? Like I said, 98% of my customers tip. I'm not concerned with one low grade asshole who can't follow a simple system. I'll just take his food last, maybe stop and pick up cigs on the way to his house. He's only paying to have that shit delivered within the hour the shop quoted. Not my problem if it arrives lukewarm.

Yesterday a guy tossed me $80 for a $34 order and said 'that's all you man, I used to do that shit and I know what it's like.' I made $150 in 4 hours. All because of a few people. I'm not stressing anything.

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 06:30 PM
"If you don't give away your money to people getting paid to do their job then you are a cheap a$$hole"

That has got to be the most moronic logic ever produced on ISH. Congratulations.

I'm bout to order a pizza now. And when the delivery boy comes I'm not gonna tip him, but rather I'll tell him to go to school and get a better job and stop looking for handouts from people.

That's what's wrong with America, it's gotten to the point that people are convinced I'm an a$$hole because I don't hand out money.

BrownEye007
08-25-2014, 06:33 PM
For the pro-tippers: why not make ALL jobs tipping based if it improves quality of work?

Let's tip the president and congress when we win a war or pass a bill. With tipping as an incentive, surely they will get more shit done.

Let's tip soldiers based on their kill count. More kills = better job.

Let's tip computer programmers for the more code they write. Damn watch how non-buggy and perfect all of our software will become.

Let's tip air traffic controllers. Each plane successfully landed, they get a tip. Plane crashed? No tip.

Let's tip actors. The better they act, the bigger tip they deserve. It's only fair.

Let's tip sports players. Every game won they deserve a tip. When teams lose games it must be because there is no incentive to work hard since they aren't getting tipped.

Let's tip doctors based on how many patients they cure. I doubt doctors are really giving it their all since they don't have a tipping incentive.

Let's tip farmers based on how much livestock they raise. Those damn farmers have no incentive to work hard.

Shit, I guess we just need to make everything tipped and all the world's problems will be solved.
What do you mean by pro-tipper? Because I don't really agree with the system, but I do believe everybody should tip. When I worked as I driver I would have much rather they just charged a bigger delivery fee and I got to keep that instead of relying on people to tip what they want. But the system is how it is. You not participating only screws over your server or driver, not anybody else.

KNOW1EDGE
PHX I'm glad you make good tips.

How does it feel to rely on the generosity of others and grow to expect it? Pretty entitled if u ask me. And you call anyone who doesn't buy into your scam an a$$hole? You are the worst of the worst.

Stop relying on handouts from people. Get an education and get a job so you can rely on yourself and not butthole like me

Nanners
"If you don't give away your money to people getting paid to do their job then you are a cheap a$$hole"

That has got to be the most moronic logic ever produced on ISH. Congratulations.

I'm bout to order a pizza now. And when the delivery boy comes I'm not gonna tip him, but rather I'll tell him to go to school and get a better job and stop looking for handouts from people.

That's what's wrong with America, it's gotten to the point that people are convinced I'm an a$$hole because I don't hand out money.

if you actually do shit like that you are a massive asshole :oldlol:

KNOW1EDGE
08-25-2014, 06:36 PM
if you actually do shit like that you are a massive asshole :oldlol:

I would not have the heart to be so cruel or rude. But for real, the entitled attitude of people like PHX is disgusting and it's what is ruining America.

Work hard and get a good job. Don't rely on the generosity of others. That's what homeless people do

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 06:37 PM
What do you mean by pro-tipper? Because I don't really agree with the system, but I do believe everybody should tip. When I worked as I driver I would have much rather they just charged a bigger delivery fee and I got to keep that instead of relying on people to tip what they want. But the system is how it is. You not participating only screws over your server or driver, not anybody else.

I should clarify - I always tip. Whether it's $4 bucks to the pizza delivery guy (depending on what I ordered obv) or 15-18% at a restaurant.

But tipping is not only useless, it is actually harmful IMO. So I am an anti-tipping-system, but a pro-tipper if you want to state it that way.

I would not have the heart to be so cruel or rude. But for real, the entitled attitude of people like PHX is disgusting and it's what is ruining America.

Work hard and get a good job. Don't rely on the generosity of others. That's what homeless people do

This. Relying on others for your happiness is a poor decision.

BrownEye007
08-25-2014, 06:37 PM

Can't tell if trolling. You're oozing stupidity in a way that I don't think you're actually that stupid you just want responses.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 06:38 PM
PHX I'm glad you make good tips.

How does it feel to rely on the generosity of others and grow to expect it? Pretty entitled if u ask me. And you call anyone who doesn't buy into your scam an a$$hole? You are the worst of the worst.

Stop relying on handouts from people. Get an education and get a job so you can rely on yourself and not butthole like me

Yes, because my best tip of the night came from someone who used to have the same job and knew it was all a scam, right? I see how your superior logic deduces things, now.

Nanners
08-25-2014, 06:39 PM

ever notice how most pizza drivers are young people? you ever consider that maybe they are trying to get an education and a good job and thats precisely why they have a shit job delivering pizzas at night? education costs money after all.

if you go through life assuming the worst of everybody, you are gonna have a bad time. what is ruining america is selfish assholes with no compassion/empathy for their fellow countrymen.

PHX_Phan
08-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Says the guy who thinks he worked harder shuffling shoe boxes at Nike. No ignorance to be seen here.

You are a funny character with an ironic name.

eliteballer
08-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Depends on order size, distance, my mood, how nice the person is.

NugzFan
08-26-2014, 08:57 PM
if waiters got exactly 15% tip from every customer, would they be happy with that? no one ever stiffs them, but no awesome mega tips either.