PDA

View Full Version : Theory: Lebron was injured during the 13-14 season

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 03:26 PM
We all remember that injury in game 1 when the spurs took down the AC, which led to Lebron cramping up. They won that game because of it. Now, when lebron first cramped up, something didn't seem right. First off how did Lebron immediately react to it, and why did it seem far more serious then it was? Now playback a bit during the regular season where durant got the mvp from the voter fatigue. We all know Lebron is a competitor and fights for the top. The proof itself is him trying to surpass mj. From watching Lebron all these years, it didn't seem right when he handed durant the mvp, barely trying the season. Many times, we have seen him sit on the bench while durant statpadded in blowouts. So what am i suggesting? I firmly believe Lebron was injured during the entire season, sort of like Dwight with the Lakers. His injury held him back the entire season, so he went only 50% his full potential.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 03:34 PM
I think Lebron losing weight this season was a way to tell us, I'm returning to my own self. I think last season was an opener that he was getting older and becoming less immune to injuries. This season will be trying to mimic his youth combined with his extremely high IQ.

The_Pharcyde
08-24-2014, 03:36 PM
We all remember that injury in game 1 when the spurs took down the AC, which led to Lebron cramping up. They won that game because of it. Now, when lebron first cramped up, something didn't seem right. First off how did Lebron immediately react to it, and why did it seem far more serious then it was? Now playback a bit during the regular season where durant got the mvp from the voter fatigue. We all know Lebron is a competitor and fights for the top. The proof itself is him trying to surpass mj. From watching Lebron all these years, it didn't seem right when he handed durant the mvp, barely trying the season. Many times, we have seen him sit on the bench while durant statpadded in blowouts. So what am i suggesting? I firmly believe Lebron was injured during the entire season, sort of like Dwight with the Lakers. His injury held him back the entire season, so he went only 50% his full potential.

This is so hilarious, how can someone worship a human this much... I hope for your sake you are 14-16 years old.
Lebron couldn't get it done in the regular season and postseason
So you resort to just saying he was injured with no real backing, sheesh I'm too old for this site

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 03:39 PM
This is so hilarious, how can someone worship a human this much... I hope for your sake you are 14-16 years old.
Lebron couldn't get it done in the regular season and postseason
So you resort to just saying he was injured with no real backing, sheesh I'm too old for this site
What? I'm proposing this as an explanation for his performances. Did you not think it was strange last year? I do not worship any player. Lebron is a player i enjoyed watching from back during the Cleveland days.

JT123
08-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Lebron being injured isn't a theory, it's a fact. Lebron was having MAJOR back problems throughout the entire season, which is the only thing that kept him from winning MVP. Yet even with a bad back that would have kept most players out for weeks, he was still far and away the best player in the 2014 playoffs! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive Bosh and Wade for their Finals performances this year, but I will try.

T_L_P
08-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Lebron being injured isn't a theory, it's a fact. Lebron was having MAJOR back problems throughout the entire season, which is the only thing that kept him from winning MVP. Yet even with a bad back that would have kept most players out for weeks, he was still far and away the best player in the 2014 playoffs! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive Bosh and Wade for their Finals performances this year, but I will try.

And yet, the person who won Finals MVP was the guy "the best player in the world" was supposed to be guarding.

:facepalm

The_Pharcyde
08-24-2014, 04:05 PM
What exactly are you melting down over?

Kobe stans continue to hit your nerves. :oldlol:
Cause lebron wasn't good enough to 3-peat

JT123
08-24-2014, 04:07 PM
And yet, the person who won Finals MVP was the guy "the best player in the world" was supposed to be guarding.

:facepalm
Kind of hard to play defense when you are the only player on your team who can score. :facepalm

Fudge
08-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Cause lebron wasn't good enough to 3-peat
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Heat had NO excuses last season too.

Milbuck
08-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Lebron handed the MVP to Durant who was stat padding in blowouts?

So if I'm reading this correctly...you're telling me KD lead his team to such dominance without Westbrook (they were the best in the West for a while) that they were blowing out teams so badly that you felt the need to point out just how much of his stats were garbage time stats?

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Lebron handed the MVP to Durant who was stat padding in blowouts?

So if I'm reading this correctly...you're telling me KD lead his team to such dominance without Westbrook (they were the best in the West for a while) that they were blowing out teams so badly that you felt the need to point out just how much of his stats were garbage time stats?
Okc is just that stacked. Reggie jackson, lamb, ibaka, perkins, adams, jones, fisher are big time players.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 04:21 PM
What exactly are you melting down over?

Kobe stans continue to hit your nerves. :oldlol:
not melting down :confusedshrug:

I can see why you might, considering lebron wrecked your team in the finals.:pimp: :pimp:

BoutPractice
08-24-2014, 04:22 PM
You're underrating your own idol... he coasted on defense during the regular season, but LeBron had one of his best offensive seasons ever (I will even say that it was his best, period). It wasn't a "down" season by any means, it's only a perception due to the fact that his team lost in the Finals.

ImKobe
08-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Theory: Lebron threw his back out by vigorously pumping into OP's mouth.

ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

ImKobe
08-24-2014, 04:36 PM
You're underrating your own idol... he coasted on defense during the regular season, but LeBron had one of his best offensive seasons ever (I will even say that it was his best, period). It wasn't a "down" season by any means, it's only a perception due to the fact that his team lost in the Finals.

Don't you think that him playing less minutes per game in Miami + taking less and less shots have anything to do with being more efficient in terms of TS%? 4 out of his 5 seasons with least MPG are in Miami, the other is his 09 season in Cleveland.

If he took 20+ shots like back in the old days and actually played on the perimeter, he'd be a tad bit less efficient than KD.

Just by comparing Lebron with his last season in Cleveland (2010) to Lebron's last seaso in Miami (2014), he takes about 120 less jump shots and 80 more shots at the rim. The shot selection is different. Efficiency goes up because he gets easier looks at the rim because of the system and his jump shooting % improves because the number of "bad" shots decreases. It will be interesting to see if he can get the same amount of efficient shots playing with Love and Irving. Especially since he will no longer play much at PF, unless coach runs small ball with Love at C.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Don't you think that him playing less minutes per game in Miami + taking less and less shots have anything to do with being more efficient in terms of TS%? 4 out of his 5 seasons with least MPG are in Miami, the other is his 09 season in Cleveland.

If he took 20+ shots like back in the old days and actually played on the perimeter, he'd be a tad bit less efficient than KD.

Just by comparing Lebron with his last season in Cleveland (2010) to Lebron's last seaso in Miami (2014), he takes about 120 less jump shots and 80 more shots at the rim. The shot selection is different. Efficiency goes up because he gets easier looks at the rim because of the system and his jump shooting % improves because the number of "bad" shots decreases. It will be interesting to see if he can get the same amount of efficient shots playing with Love and Irving. Especially since he will no longer play much at PF, unless coach runs small ball with Love at C.
still more efficient than kobe :confusedshrug:

BlkMambaGOAT
08-24-2014, 04:43 PM
http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/%D0%94%D0%B0-%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%82-%D1%81%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%87-739598.jpeg

BoutPractice
08-24-2014, 04:44 PM
ImKobe > Partly, but this particular year this argument actually obscures his scoring prowess.

- He had very few weaknesses when it came to scoring... you couldn't really stop him anywhere, whether in the post, the midrange, or at the 3 point line
- He had career highs both in the regular season (61), and the playoffs (49, tied with previous career high), both against good defenses. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe not.
- He maintained his efficiency and averages in the Finals

My basic point is that LeBron's efficiency did benefit somewhat from his cherry picking (and opportunism is a good thing), but in 2014 specifically he remained frighteningly good when you increased the pressure. He had no problems taking over and making difficult shot after difficult shot whenever needed.

ImKobe
08-24-2014, 04:46 PM
still more efficient than kobe :confusedshrug:

Lebron is a forward and in different weight class. It would be weird if a 6'8 guy that weighs 240 and is considered the best athlete of his generation would be less efficient than a 6'6 guy that weighs 200-210 and relies more on skill.

One guy gets open layups and dunks because no one can stop him physically, other guy takes contested shots. The less efficient guy still has a better track record in the Playoffs.

ImKobe
08-24-2014, 04:47 PM
ImKobe > Partly, but this particular year this argument actually obscures his scoring prowess.

- He had very few weaknesses when it came to scoring... you couldn't really stop him anywhere, whether in the post, the midrange, or at the 3 point line
- He had career highs both in the regular season (61), and the playoffs (49, tied with previous career high), both against good defenses. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe not.
- He maintained his efficiency and averages in the Finals

My basic point is that LeBron's efficiency did benefit somewhat from his cherry picking (and opportunism is a good thing), but in 2014 specifically he remained frighteningly good when you increased the pressure. He had no problems taking over and making difficult shot after difficult shot whenever needed.

It is true. Lebron made more contested shots than I expected, honestly. Guess he just had one of those years, much like in 09, when his jumper at times looked scary good.

ArbitraryWater
08-24-2014, 04:48 PM

Gosh you're retarded...

LeBron took 17.6 FGA, making 10 FG's at 56.7%...

Meaning, he could take 2.4 more FGA, MISS THEM ALL, and STILL be at 50% on 20 FGA, equaling Durant... And we both know he wouldn't miss all those extra shots, every game...

oarabbus
08-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Theory: OP is a giant fakkit

Also LeBron is NEVER injured. Dude is f**king wolverine. There was a play vs the Knicks season before last where Bron went up for an alley oop and got undercut by JR. Career ending injury for any other player. Bron got up, hit a 3, then asked to come out :eek:

Bron: actually sick unlike giant fakkit bitch OP

wakencdukest
08-24-2014, 04:55 PM
He was perfectly healthy in the finals.

buddha
08-24-2014, 04:56 PM
First off how did Lebron immediately react to it, and why did it seem far more serious then it was?

Many times, we have seen him sit on the bench while durant statpadded in blowouts.

Are you serious? LeBron is a bitch who goes down at the slightest contact, no surprise he can't handle a cramp. And people think he could fight a chimpanzee :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bobcats game?

dubeta
08-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Good thread OP :applause:

Lebron is the only one who doesn't get credit for playing hurt

Wade, D rose, Westbrook and Kobe all missed many games last year due to injury. Lebron plays through injury and none cares :facepalm

buddha
08-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Gosh you're retarded...

LeBron took 17.6 FGA, making 10 FG's at 56.7%...

Meaning, he could take 2.4 more FGA, MISS THEM ALL, and STILL be at 50% on 20 FGA, equaling Durant... And we both know he wouldn't miss all those extra shots, every game...

yeah but if he didn't play with two superstars he wouldn't get as many easy layups.

JT123
08-24-2014, 05:03 PM
yeah but if he didn't play with two superstars he wouldn't get as many easy layups.
Yeah, I'm sure coaches around the league are losing tons of sleep game planning ways to stop Christina Bosh and bad knees Wade. :oldlol:

dubeta
08-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Wade missed half the season and bosh was never a superstar dumbass :oldlol:

LeBron also shot 38% from 3 which kobe can't dream of averaging

The last 2 seasons LeBron has been a better shooter, and a better overall scorer than kobe has ever been but you kobe fans can't admit it because "omg 81 against the raptors" :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
08-24-2014, 05:07 PM

Those guys haven't attracted a double team since ages..

^Its funny how average retards from the Kobe Klan get ethered by LeBron stans

aj1987
08-24-2014, 05:09 PM
KD essentially took 3.5 FGA' and 2 FT's a game more than LeBron to score only 5 points more. Even if LeBron averaged only 50% on the extra 3.5 FGA's and 2 FT's (he won't average 50% on FT's and FG's), he'd be only 0.5 PPG under KD. LeBron is one of the greatest scorers in the history of basketball (top 10 without doubt). You just have to deal with it dude.

JT123
08-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Theory: OP is a giant fakkit

Also LeBron is NEVER injured. Dude is f**king wolverine. There was a play vs the Knicks season before last where Bron went up for an alley oop and got undercut by JR. Career ending injury for any other player. Bron got up, hit a 3, then asked to come out :eek:

Bron: actually sick unlike giant fakkit bitch OP
Not true. I watched just about every Heat game last season, and his back problems were well documented. He had a few games where he would score 20 points in the opening quarter, but then would only take about 5 shots combined in the other 3 quarters. This was obviously due to his back flaring up after coming out too aggressive.

T_L_P
08-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Good thread OP :applause:

Lebron is the only one who doesn't get credit for playing hurt

Wade, D rose, Westbrook and Kobe all missed many games last year due to injury. Lebron plays through injury and none cares :facepalm

Talking to yourself? Really?

chazzy
08-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Not true. I watched just about every Heat game last season, and his back problems were well documented. He had a few games where he would score 20 points in the opening quarter, but then would only take about 5 shots combined in the other 3 quarters. This was obviously due to his back flaring up after coming out too aggressive.
He's been doing that for years

ImKobe
08-24-2014, 05:22 PM

Or it was Lebron passing up the ball when getting doubled/tripled and not going 100% the whole game because he was coasting.

All I heard from Heat fans last season was COASTING.

Now, all of a sudden, he had a bad back. We wouldn't have heard of this had Miami won it all.

JT123
08-24-2014, 05:25 PM
He's been doing that for years
In blowouts yes. Last season he was doing it in close games in which the team obviously needed his scoring. Most other players would likely have went to the bench and sat out the rest of the night, but due to Wade taking numerous vacations throughout the season Lebron didn't have that luxury.

oarabbus
08-24-2014, 05:26 PM

Or it was Lebron passing up the ball when getting doubled/tripled and not going 100% the whole game because he was coasting.

All I heard from Heat fans last season was COASTING.

Now, all of a sudden, he had a bad back. We wouldn't have heard of this had Miami won it all.

This x1000. Come on Bronstans, this is a prime example of trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 05:45 PM
With that being said, do you think the injury will still linger and bother lebron this season?

T_L_P
08-24-2014, 05:50 PM
With that being said, do you think the injury will still linger and bother lebron this season?

Shouldn't matter. Everyone is injured come Playoff time. Either play and not make excuses or sit. Not a hard concept. :facepalm

That said, a bad back shouldn't stop you from letting your opponent shoot over 60% on your ass.