PDA

View Full Version : Underappreciated Players who deserve Max contracts

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Basically who you believe given the right team/scenario is worthy of having a max contract. For this sake, i will use the top 5 teams and name them.

Spurs: Diaw, Parker, Pop

Thunders: Ibaka, Jackson, Lamb, Adams

Clippers: Jordan, Crawford, hawes

Bulls: Gasol, Gibson, Butler

Cavs: -

Bandito
08-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Somebody ban gay4lyfe, ******xrings and his alts please.

BlkMambaGOAT
08-24-2014, 04:57 PM
OP, you're reachin:lol :lol :lol :lol

el gringos
08-24-2014, 05:00 PM
There should be a forum for joke threads. You know it can't be serious when it's about do diaw, Jeramy Lamb, and perry jones deserve max deals. There would be serious conversation if the question was would those guys be rotation players for certain teams.

dubeta
08-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Steph Curry no question

I<3NBA
08-24-2014, 07:11 PM
currently, there are only 2 players in the league who deserve a max contract. Lebron and KD.

if Rose's health can only be counted on, he could be the 3rd.

Nikola_
08-24-2014, 07:19 PM
How much is the max ?

imnew09
Gotta bust out excuses when Cavs loses.

OPs tryna say that every team has more players that deserve max than the Cavs

T_L_P
Love has a higher PER than all of them, so him.

Isn't that what you said, dubeta?

ralph_i_el
08-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Its like OP is a huge ****** or something :facepalm

Smook A.
08-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Its like OP is a huge ****** or something :facepalm
He is.

Le Shaqtus
08-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Ibaka :oldlol: No aganda here.

And Adams is garbage, since when does a second year player not named LeBron deserve a max contract.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Ibaka :oldlol: No aganda here.

And Adams is garbage, since when does a second year player not named LeBron deserve a max contract.
dude ibaka EASILY demands the max. Adams is also a white version of deandre jordan.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 08:44 PM
so anyone gonna answer the question.... or trolls gonna troll?

GODbe
08-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Lakers - Kobe
He deserves more money than his current one.

MVBallin2K
08-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Basically who you believe given the right team/scenario is worthy of having a max contract. For this sake, i will use the top 5 teams and name them.

Spurs: Diaw, Parker, Pop

Thunders: Ibaka, Jackson, Lamb, Adams, Jones

Clippers: Jordan, Crawford, hawes

Bulls: Gasol, Gibson, Butler

Cavs: -

With some of the players on your list, Andy V would deserve a max contract. Dudes a straight up beast on the boards, always plays hard and stuck with that Cavs team through thick and thin from the great times to the doldrums without any drama at all.

The idea that Lamb and Jones deserve max contracts though is :oldlol: worthy. If they do, then Dion Waiters does as well.

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 08:50 PM
With some of the players on your list, Andy V would deserve a max contract. Dudes a straight up beast on the boards, always plays hard and stuck with that Cavs team through thick and thin from the great times to the doldrums without any drama at all.

The idea that Lamb and Jones deserve max contracts though is :oldlol: worthy. If they do, then Dion Waiters does as well.
Varejao is old and doesn't really do much aside from getting boards. he has 0 inside moves.

Waiters is also pretty terrible. Alot of his points come from statpadding and him playing minutes on a terrible team. Theres a reason he hasn't made the playoffs.

Le Shaqtus
08-24-2014, 09:02 PM
dude ibaka EASILY demands the max. Adams is also a white version of deandre jordan.

Ibaka is an average defender with a good jumper, that does not warrant a max contract.

Of course you'll look like a good defender when you play next to Kendrick Perkins.

The only thing Adams can do is draw techs, he's a mediocre defender.

T_L_P
08-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Ibaka is an average defender with a good jumper, that does not warrant a max contract.

Of course you'll look like a good defender when you play next to Kendrick Perkins.

The only thing Adams can do is draw techs, he's a mediocre defender.

Funny thing is, uneducated "fans" like lebronxrings, who is also dubeta, will think you're joking.

Also, OP, I made a point about Love. Care to address it, or are you too stupid to make an argument against the godly PER stat?

MVBallin2K
08-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Varejao is old and doesn't really do much aside from getting boards. he has 0 inside moves.

Waiters is also pretty terrible. Alot of his points come from statpadding and him playing minutes on a terrible team. Theres a reason he hasn't made the playoffs.

The only team I fully agree with you is the Spurs and their organization is so G they don't get the money they deserve to win.

With the overvalued bigs, you can at least make an argument for Ibaka but Lamb, Jones and Adams haven't done enough yet to talk earning a max contract. In fact, I think rating rookies in general is quite bad because if they deserve it, they'll get that max. It's only a matter of time before players like Kawhi and Davis get maxs, so it's not worth mentioning them.

Jordan already gets paid probably more than he's actually worth. He's a great rim protector and defensive presence but he doesn't do much else and his scoring isn't anywhere near consistent enough while being a free throw liability. Crawford is a great 6th man but you give him the max and he's basically Joe Johnson reborn. Hawes has played great and shined but the last couple of years has been on teams that haven't scratched the playoffs, so he has to prove it with a bigger role on a Playoff team.

This isn't 2010, Gasol is still a very good player and I'm one of the few Laker fans that didn't want to see him get traded. He's not worth the max though. Sometimes, you can get great games from him but there are other games where he's a defensive liability, doesn't rebound like he should and is cold with his shooting. These past couple of years he should have beasted with teams that were less than good and while his stats were still great, they weren't what would be expected from him. One can argue the offense but he actually got his share of post up plays and stuff this past year. Is Gibson really worth the max? He's one of those polarizing people that people debate whether he should be a starting caliber player or not, that's not a max player in my eyes even if he is talented. Butler is on his rookie deal but has a lot of upside, so that one I might give you.

I probably took more time than I needed to respond to this but I was bored enough and figured I'd at least provide some you know, discussion to a thread.

JT123
08-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Even though this is an obvious troll thread, you are correct here. If Bosh is worth 120 million for putting up 16/7 on 52%, how is Ibaka not worth AT LEAST that much after averaging 15/9 on 54%? :confusedshrug:

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Funny thing is, uneducated "fans" like lebronxrings, who is also dubeta, will think you're joking.

Also, OP, I made a point about Love. Care to address it, or are you too stupid to make an argument against the godly PER stat?
love hasn't made the playoffs. :confusedshrug: