PDA

View Full Version : Shingles

Myth
08-24-2014, 06:16 PM
F*ck man, I'm too young for this shit. I'm breaking out all around the right side of my neck, head, and upper torso. I'm in the early phases of it, and my understanding is that the next few days could be really shitty.

Smoke117
08-24-2014, 06:32 PM
I don't even know what shingles are...how did you catch it?

If you've had the chicken pox then you already have the virus that causes shingles in your system. It becomes inactive after you have chicken pox, but can reactivate and cause shingles years later.

Myth
08-24-2014, 06:45 PM
I don't even know what shingles are...how did you catch it?

As already said, it is the same virus as chicken pox. Once you get chicken pox, you have the virus and it typically stays dormant in nerve cells. It can come back through the nerve cells, which is why it typically keeps outbreaks to one side of your body. If people get it, it is usually above the age of 50 and even more common above the age of 60, however, my compromised immune system due to my kidney transplant medication made it so I got it at age 30. The last 20 hours or so is when they started becoming visible and the last few hours they started blistering, but the first signs (that I mostly ignored) came Wednesday or Thursday when I felt raw spots on my skin with nothing visible.

Swaggin916
08-24-2014, 06:55 PM
I had it on my oblique and lower back on the left side... my God it was tender for a while. If it was grazed with something it felt like being cut with a knife. Good luck man. I was 14... 25 now and it hasn't returned yet and hopefully it won't.

Myth
08-24-2014, 07:02 PM
I had it on my oblique and lower back on the left side... my God it was tender for a while. If it was grazed with something it felt like being cut with a knife. Good luck man. I was 14... 25 now and it hasn't returned yet and hopefully it won't.

14, huh? That must be really rare. They say it "usually doesn't come back" but I'm guessing part of that is because people "usually get it" when they are 50 or 60+.

DeuceWallaces
08-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Jesus man. How do you get shingles in your 30's? Only friend I know who got it was a month away from dying of brain cancer so it was a little more expected.

Myth
08-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Jesus man. How do you get shingles in your 30's? Only friend I know who got it was a month away from dying of brain cancer so it was a little more expected.

I have a compromised immune system because of my kidney transplant.

DeuceWallaces
08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Are you on steroids for immunodeficiency?

Meticode
08-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Hopefully I don't get it. I had pox when I was around 11. Myth, take care. See you on the other side.

tontoz
08-24-2014, 10:56 PM
My cousin got it in college. He had a really bad headache for a couple of days and they got hit with shingles.

Smoke117
08-24-2014, 11:09 PM
My brother had it when he was about 30 and he didn't have any illnesses or anything.

BigBoss
08-24-2014, 11:11 PM
My cousin got it in college. He had a really bad headache for a couple of days and they got hit with shingles.

I thought I read tootache for a second. If that were the case your cousin is a trooper. Oral pain + shingles = nightmare

senelcoolidge
08-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I got the chicken pox in 2007 as an adult and it was the worse thing ever. Shingles I heard is really bad. Good luck to you.

Pointguard
08-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Try not to worry. Relax. Listen to good music. Exercise. Keep positive.

Hope you feel better.

SupermanOnSteroids
08-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Quick!!!!

Get on the ROOF!!!!

tomtucker
08-25-2014, 03:43 AM
It

iTare
08-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Get better bro, i'll keep you in my thoughts brotha.

East_Stone_Ya
08-25-2014, 04:31 AM
Hopefully I don't get it. I had pox when I was around 11. Myth, take care. See you on the other side.

:wtf:

DonD13
08-25-2014, 04:39 AM
i had this shit IN MY FACE when i was like 23

that was the worst sickness i've ever had. it suppurated bad so the pillow was sticking to my face all night, i could barely sleep because it was painful and the day i looked like a leprous... :(

Myth
08-25-2014, 11:50 AM
i had this shit IN MY FACE when i was like 23

that was the worst sickness i've ever had. it suppurated bad so the pillow was sticking to my face all night, i could barely sleep because it was painful and the day i looked like a leprous... :(

Sleep was rough last night, and now my neck is stiff. I'm starting to get the flu like symptoms, such as getting weak/shaky, achy knees, low appetite, and I can't get comfortable temperature wise. The pain has spread to my face, scalp, shoulder, armpit, and shoulder blade, though luckily the visible outbreak part is only on my neck (front and back) and near my ear. More blisters popping up though where the rash is.

glidedrxlr22
08-25-2014, 12:14 PM
I got them in my early 30s. I was given some Valtrex and they weren't that big a deal.

tomtucker
08-25-2014, 12:48 PM
feel for you myth....my roids are flaring up again , very painful as well.....:cry: ...........don

boozehound
08-25-2014, 12:49 PM
sounds like greyscale

niko
08-25-2014, 01:50 PM
My wife had it very localized on her back (just like one spot like 2 inches long. But she also had a compromised immune system at the time for treatment she was receiving from something.

Myth
08-25-2014, 03:09 PM
sounds like greyscale

Had to look that up. Haha, nice.

kentatm
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
F*ck man, I'm too young for this shit. I'm breaking out all around the right side of my neck, head, and upper torso. I'm in the early phases of it, and my understanding is that the next few days could be really shitty.

**** dude I'm sorry.

I just had that shit a few weeks ago.

Yes, its going to get shitty. At its worst I had to take 3 Vicodin a day to deal with the pain. I still have some marks on my chest and back from it.

Have you gone to the doctor and got your anti-viral meds? Once I got on those it took about 6 days to stop hurting. I was an idiot and waited a while to get them b/c I thought it was a rash from the deodorant at first.

Myth
08-25-2014, 04:40 PM
**** dude I'm sorry.

I just had that shit a few weeks ago.

Yes, its going to get shitty. At its worst I had to take 3 Vicodin a day to deal with the pain. I still have some marks on my chest and back from it.

Have you gone to the doctor and got your anti-viral meds? Once I got on those it took about 6 days to stop hurting. I was an idiot and waited a while to get them b/c I thought it was a rash from the deodorant at first.

I am on anti-viral. I got on it pretty quick and it appears the spreading has stopped or slowed, but the parts that already started are going through their process of becoming blistered and filled with liquid. Not on pain meds at the moment, but I'm prepared in case I need it.

AKADS
08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
I had shingles at 16 yrs old itsucked

boozehound
08-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Sorry man, that sucks. I think my mom had it a few years back.

I never even got chicken pox as a kid even though they exposed me to other kids with it.

No Shingles for me.

I did get Scarlet Fever though. Very 1800s of me.
argh, I just had scarlet fever this summer (same bug as strep throat). Man, my feet had huge thick pieces of skin that peeled off and they are still missing.

tomtucker
08-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Gonna fly to Arizona and show your girl what a real man looks like.
:biggums: ..........can

kentatm
08-26-2014, 02:47 AM
I am on anti-viral. I got on it pretty quick and it appears the spreading has stopped or slowed, but the parts that already started are going through their process of becoming blistered and filled with liquid. Not on pain meds at the moment, but I'm prepared in case I need it.

Hopefully you caught it fast enough that you avoid most of the pain. Basically the best way I can describe it is it was like having a bad sunburn and then getting a bunch of fire ant bites on top of it. Also, the center of my upper back got sore as if I had pulled something. The affected area would mostly be a constant painful throbbing sensation. If anything touched it though... :eek: I had to wait for the pills to kick in before showering. :(

NZStreetBaller
08-26-2014, 07:05 AM
The only way to cure shingles is to admit that you are a homosexual.

masonanddixon
08-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Get to the ED ASAP you can end up with ataxia and meningitis/ecephalitis if you don't treat it.

Myth
08-27-2014, 01:00 AM
The pain is all the way down my arm and into my palm now. Boo!

Luckily, I got it confirmed that an eye issue I was having is unrelated.

tomtucker
08-27-2014, 01:49 AM
The pain is all the way down my arm and into my palm now. Boo!

Luckily, I got it confirmed that an eye issue I was having is unrelated.

Great news...........but i hope that will teach you to keep your eyes closed when sucking dick.............:D
get well soon

tomtucker
08-27-2014, 04:55 AM
only thing to do is to get your mind else where..........have some fun, you in arizona right ?........take a trip to a shooting range perhaps :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJ9miFN02A

will make jameer cream: 9 year old girls with guns !