Fudge
08-24-2014, 10:46 PM
IMO

buddha
08-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah?

noob cake
08-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Parsons is gonna help defense against Gasol brothers + Ibaka?

Fudge
08-24-2014, 10:50 PM
And DMC will?

Fudge
08-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Yeah?
JMO

oarabbus
08-24-2014, 10:54 PM
We need size.

JohnMax
08-24-2014, 11:03 PM
They probably cut Parsons because Harden didn't want him

livingby3's
08-24-2014, 11:05 PM
I think they shouldn't have cut Wall too, but it is what it is

Smook A.
08-24-2014, 11:05 PM
He probably did. After all, they're still friends.

fpliii
08-24-2014, 11:09 PM
He's pretty skilled down low and has size, which we need, but I am concerned he could get frustrated and flip out during the tournament. Would be a bad look for the US.

From what I've read/heard though, he's matured/improved as a leader in the last year or so. So until something happens, I don't have an issue with him.

noob cake
08-24-2014, 11:10 PM
And DMC will?

DMC can at least try. Either Gasol would eat Parsons or Gay for breakfast, lunch or dinner if Davis and Faried somehow get in foul trouble (also keep in mind that Faried is 6'6" without shoes).

Lebronxrings
08-24-2014, 11:36 PM
neither should have. Harden should've been the odd man out.

Fudge
08-24-2014, 11:37 PM
DMC can at least try. Either Gasol would eat Parsons or Gay for breakfast, lunch or dinner if Davis and Faried somehow get in foul trouble (also keep in mind that Faried is 6'6" without shoes).
That's why they have the Plumz and Drummond, dude. They're loaded with big men.

stalkerforlife
08-24-2014, 11:44 PM
OP is absolutely correct, again. Cousins is a bad defender, is easily trolled, and highly overrated.

As a white consumer, is it too much to ask that Parsons, Hayward, or Korver make the team? We fund the NBA and would like to relate to some of the players. I'm not being racist, but culture is culture; people are different. Kobe is my favorite player, but I do enjoy watching white players as well.

stalkerforlife
08-24-2014, 11:45 PM

I actually think that could be true.

The "brotherhood" truly gets the last say so.

fpliii
08-24-2014, 11:47 PM
I actually think that could be true.

The "brotherhood" truly gets the last say so.
Wouldn't be unprecedented. A few of guys on the Dream Team hated Isiah.

Parsons would be useful on this team. Has size, can shoot, and won't dominate the ball.

I was worried we wouldn't have the size to contend with Spain, but keeping Cousins and Drummond is unnecessary.

Smoke117
08-24-2014, 11:47 PM
They don't need Parsons. He's just a poor man's Klay Thompson offensively and complete garbage defensively.

Fudge
08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
OP is absolutely correct, again. Cousins is a bad defender, is easily trolled, and highly overrated.

As a white consumer, is it too much to ask that Parsons, Hayward, or Korver make the team? We fund the NBA and would like to relate to some of the players. I'm not being racist, but culture is culture; people are different. Kobe is my favorite player, but I do enjoy watching white players as well.
You truly are the greatest poster to grace this forum. Thank you for your presence in this thread.

stalkerforlife
08-24-2014, 11:54 PM
You truly are the greatest poster to grace this forum. Thank you for your presence in this thread.

You melt my heart with your love. :cheers:

stalkerforlife
08-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Wouldn't be unprecedented. A few of guys on the Dream Team hated Isiah.

Parsons would be useful on this team. Has size, can shoot, and won't dominate the ball.

I was worried we wouldn't have the size to contend with Spain, but keeping Cousins and Drummond is unnecessary.

A lot of players in this world could play in the NBA, but without opportunity, no one will ever know.

Life is all about opportunity and those that control that opportunity.

The brotherhood is stronger than most know in the NBA. I believe Jimmer Fredette has been black balled by fellow players due to jealousy.

Fudge
08-24-2014, 11:57 PM
http://lilyvelden.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/kissing.gif

stalkerforlife
08-24-2014, 11:58 PM

:roll:

fpliii
08-25-2014, 12:01 AM
A lot of players in this world could play in the NBA, but without opportunity, no one will ever know.

Life is all about opportunity and those that control that opportunity.

The brotherhood is stronger than most know in the NBA. I believe Jimmer Fredette has been black balled by fellow players due to jealousy.
I think with Jimmer it's about finding his role. He can't defend any position, and you need a smart coach who is willing to take risks, or put together an offense in which to utilize him coupled with a defense in which you can hide him.

That's why I'm surprised he didn't get much playing time in Chicago. Monty Williams doesn't seem like the guy to do that, but with Davis and Asik, you can afford to give up some D on the perimeter.

He might be one of the best shooters in the league.

Legends66NBA7
08-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Parsons on court productivity looked like he didn't belong on this team. Him and Hayward had redundant skills and don't create off the dribble much. Team USA should role with a traditional lineup, honestly.

UK2K
08-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Parsons doesnt do anything overly well. There's nothing he does better than any other player on this team does.

If they wanted a shooter they'd have kept Korver. They wouldn't keep him for defense. They wouldn't keep him because he's a shot creator. He's not a facilitator. They don't need rebounding.

What good would it do to keep him?

Fudge
08-25-2014, 12:39 AM
Parsons doesnt do anything overly well. There's nothing he does better than any other player on this team does.

If they wanted a shooter they'd have kept Korver. They wouldn't keep him for defense. They wouldn't keep him because he's a shot creator. He's not a facilitator. They don't need rebounding.

I don't know, when I look at the team overall, they're just horrible looking. They're all decent-ugly outside of a few players. I thought Parsons could have helped in that regard.

stalkerforlife
08-25-2014, 12:56 AM

Parsons averaged 4 assists a game last year on a team with Harden and Howard, that says it all. Those two ball stopping chuckers make it difficult for anyone to facilitate, although Chandler still did. Parsons can also create his own shot, I don't what you're talking about. Once again, creating your own shot with Harden and Dwight on your team is difficult.

Parsons will easily average 5+ assists next season with the Mavs because of his ability to facilitate.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 01:00 AM
They don't need Parsons. He's just a poor man's Klay Thompson offensively and complete garbage defensively.

The more you post the more retarded you seem. Parsons' game is nothing like Klay's.

hawkfan
08-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Parsons should have made it over Plumlee.

JohnFreeman
08-25-2014, 01:32 AM
Would have taken Korver over Parsons

UK2K
08-25-2014, 03:04 AM
Parsons averaged 4 assists a game last year on a team with Harden and Howard, that says it all. Those two ball stopping chuckers make it difficult for anyone to facilitate, although Chandler still did. Parsons can also create his own shot, I don't what you're talking about. Once again, creating your own shot with Harden and Dwight on your team is difficult.

Parsons will easily average 5+ assists next season with the Mavs because of his ability to facilitate.

Everyone averaged a bunch of assists. 4 assists for a SF isn't some crazy amount. They fast break pretty much every play. When I reiterate Harden averaged 5 assists that's all I hear.

And were you the same dude that argued Parsons can create his own shot and then I posted three articles about the Mavs signing him where they all said the exact opposite? One was even the Dallas beat writer. I can post them again if you want. Parsons can't create his own shot. Every shot he took was either a fast break, a catch and shoot, or a cut off a Harden or Lin drive.

Obviously Team USA disagrees with you because he was cut for the exact reasons I said.

There's nothing he does that someone else on the team doesn't do better. There's better shooters. There's sure as shit better defenders. There's better shot creators.

Hes a role player. Always has been always will be. I guess you'll have to watch some of his games for once and see for yourself.

UK2K
08-25-2014, 03:09 AM
I don't know, when I look at the team overall, they're just horrible looking. They're all decent-ugly outside of a few players. I thought Parsons could have helped in that regard.
I will admit Parsons is hawt. He should just retire now and be a model instead.

SupermanOnSteroids
08-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Yeah. Cousins is.

salwan
08-25-2014, 05:42 AM
If anything, one of faried, plumlee or Drummond should have gotten cut.

Do you really need 3 hustle&rebounding bigs?

Cousins offers a nice offensive game.

sportjames23
08-25-2014, 05:56 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

sportjames23
08-25-2014, 05:57 AM

:biggums:

turnaroundJ
08-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Drummond or Plumlee for Hayward would've been nice.

kurple
08-25-2014, 09:16 AM
IMO
what makes parsons so good? other than his looks

most overrated player in the league at the moment, with dallas getting the offseason hype.

i agree that DMC should be cut, but not for Parsons